#2 8ReN8

8ReN8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

Class Issue Summary:

Issue with wizard class is the fact that this class can’t pvp. We have no CC ability viable within the 10-20secs which cripples this class.
We have no current way of healing ourselves, or holding our own in any circumstance in pvp., and the current vigor nerf in this class also hurt us even more, long cd and longer to cast.

Lack of our firestarter dot damage makes it useless and icewall needs a shorter cd as it is now it’s a useless skill.

This class is broke and its only main use is for its INT buff.

This class in simple terms it’s outdated and needs to be revamped to be brought up with the current classes in this game. It has been broke since pre-AOV.

The lack of feedback on this class isn’t good news; it’s just a lack of players playing it anymore.

Popular Suggestions:
  1. Making the class immune to any CC, we don’t have a stun lock, sleep, traps, or any cc as other classes.
  2. Increasing our Vigor and Cast speed for this class. Nerfing it killed it for this class again.
  3. Having some viable defense to melee classes, meaning all classes can 1 shot us so its Pointless to pvp knowing your going to be killed 5secs within the duel.
  4. Removing Wizard class altogether and combing us with sorcerer. “not helpful but shows you how bad off this class is”
  5. Increasing the Int and crit for this class. If it doesn’t crit then we do nothing to melee classes.
  6. Fixing firestarter, pointless to have a dot that does nothing.
  7. Lower the cd of seal explosion.
  8. Madness of Fire “pyromaniac” Stacks increase 15-25 from the 5-15 it is now.
  9. Adding crit, Matk, defense, Hot or some other viable means to pyromaniac to have a choice, to flame explosion for the massive damage, or keep it for the buffs.
  10. Increasing the damage done by Flame explosion, when a normal fireball can do the same damage as something that should be massive something is wrong.
  11. Increasing the effects of seal explosion: water 100% in 10secs, Fire 40% in 20secs, Wind 30% in 20secs, the healing of. As is healing for water doesn’t heal enough 2-3k and damage taken is around 4-5k we can’t out heal that alone.
  12. Increasing parry for wizards/sorcerers to take less damage from mobs for grinding; when mobs can 5 shot you that is a problem. Parry won’t help in pvp, since what kill us the most is the crits.
  13.  Cast time on meteor storm is to long lower the cd of it, or increase the range of the aoe.
  14.  Adding more damage spells for wizards, only having 2 mains attack skills makes this class boring.
  15. Flame Explosion should be casted when they player wants based off stacks it has accumulated.
  16. Icewall CD should be as short as any class stun.
  17. Have double or triple health when putting points in pyromaniac higher it goes % of heath goes as well while having defense or some other % rise with acceleration.
  18. For RedSeeds adding Cast Speed to it, isn’t fair that redseeds doesn’t implement them into it yet melee classes can use haste which works for them.
  19. Adding some sort of Life siphon to all abilities which for what damage we do, we get a % of it to our health “as a heal since we lack of one”
  20. Making fireflower heal us for a % of the damage, but also needs to be increased in damage.

Added by AyaneYuuko

1. Make Pyromanic or Madness of Fire stack Magic Damage instead of cast speed and reduce the amount we get for Fire/Flame Seal
  2. Fix Fireball to be Wizard skill only. Its not a bad skill leveling up as it gives you a general feel for either going fire mage (wiz) or lightning/ice mage (sorc) but as it currently stands going 6/6 in fireball makes sorcs do the same as wiz and makes unviable.
Priority Fixes:

Nerfing of priest dots/damage

RedSeeds include Cast Speed

Levitation does not work as it should.

Increasing the stacks we obtain from pyromaniac from 5-15 to 15-25.

Increase the damage of Flame Explosion. Normal hits shouldn’t be near something that takes 40secs to build.

Making us immune to CC

Increasing our Vigor/Cast speed

Fire flower needs to be fixed damage wise worthless to put points in it        

Increases the Int/crit stats.

Increase the effects and CD of seal explosion

General Feedback:

Wizard class is the worst class to play at this time, and has been for some time now.
if you don’t invest in your gear then you don’t get anywhere, and when u do invest to find out that classes still can 1 shot you with less effort than you had to work on your character makes it worse.

this class is the worst class to play, your picked on in colo, and outside wise. I would never suggest someone to play a wizard as a main till they do a massive overhaul on this class.

Added By AyaneYuuko:
To make this class survive we need to be able to kite or heal and in the current state of the game we are unable to do either. Most class’s gap closers have a lower cd then our teleport and can generally run up to us after we teleport anyways. The main suggestion being seen is giving us invincibility, while I like the idea I don’t want us to randomly be immue to CC so my suggestion is to add it to Seal Explosion + Wind Seal to make us immune for 3,3.5,4,4.5,5 for each lvl get an additional .5 seconds on it. This way itll give us a reason to go down the wind tree for at least 1 point. The other fix I really I see is Icewall. Currently Icewall is a waiting trap for players, in PvP it is useless as it allows us to ignore damage but not CC so if we Icewall a Ranger can trap under us for 20sec and we can’t move after that. Icewall is a last resort defensive spell and should act as such we should  be allowed to ignore cc and remove any form of DoT ticking we have on us. If knew skills are to be added I suggest removing Levitation and replacing it with Storm Gust cause as it currently stands no one goes into levitation either cause the ms isn’t enough or its bugged.

Change Feedback:

Few patches ago you messed with the vigor/cast speed of us and it goofed us up even worse than what we are. This class doesn’t need any more nerfs, it needs major upgrades.

#3 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Making the class immune to any CC, we don’t have a stun lock, sleep, traps, or any cc as other classes.

Wrong. The class uses freeze, where other classes use stun, knockdown, etc. Against melee classes, it's similar to a stun effect... and it's also effective against everyone who isn't facing in the opposite direction. Unlike many other classes (with a few exceptions), the freezing duration lasts longer than the typical stun/knockdown and can be used more frequently.

Increasing our Vigor and Cast speed for this class. Nerfing it killed it for this class again.

The devs changed the Fire Emblem to bypass any casting time... there's also the Fireball Mastery and other skills don't have a casting time at all. so an increase in cast speed wouldn't be that useful.

Having some viable defense to melee classes, meaning all classes can 1 shot us so its Pointless to pvp knowing your going to be killed 5secs within the duel.

Most classes can one-shot any other character that isn't fully VIT-oriented and doesn't have refined all the gear parts to +20. Introducing a Wizard-only fix would be just unfair rather than 'balancing'.

Removing Wizard class altogether and combing us with sorcerer. “not helpful but shows you how bad off this class is”

No class is bad per se, but the skills are unbalanced. Introduce a grind location where noone can use pets and the crecentia would be crap. Make cure unstackable and the Soulmaker would be crap. Remove Battle Tactics and both the Warrior and the Knight would be nothing but trash. So the Wizard is lacking at least one inbalanced skill like the other classes.

Increasing the Int and crit for this class. If it doesn’t crit then we do nothing to melee classes.

A single Fireball (and the DoT) can surely kill most characters of any class out there. The only issue usually is that those players can kill you before that happens.

Fixing firestarter, pointless to have a dot that does nothing.

My Warrior Head Crush deals about 200 damage every two seconds... THAT is something I call inbalanced. So every DoT needs to be fixed.

However, you can't fix the DoTs, because they are currently based on ATK... and classes do have huge differences there as well.

Lower the cd of seal explosion

To achieve what exactly? All bonuses granted by Seal Explosion except for the percentual heal are wastly ineffective. However, the Heal is quite balanced.

A Warrior can activate the Tension Relax every 120sec that heals 30% instantaneously and 60% over the course of the next 30sec (4% per 2sec). In total not more than 90% over 120sec.

An active Water Emblem heals 5% every 10sec (= 1% every 2sec = 60% over 120sec) and a Seal Explosion adds 50% over 10sec. In total, you can heal 110% of your HP over 120sec, even more than a Warrior, plus the bonus of healing SP as well and getting a 10% damage reduction. Sounds REALLY bad.

BTW: The Beastmaster Survival heals 30% and is usable every 30sec, which sums up to 120% over the course of 120sec.... not much better than the 110% of the Wizard.

BUT I have nothing against reducing the cooldown of a Seal Explosion to even 30sec, as long as the healing part gets adjusted by the same amount. (f.e.  20% Insta-Heal on 40sec Seal Explosion).

Madness of Fire “pyromaniac” Stacks increase 15-25 from the 5-15 it is now.

That isn't a good solution in my opinion. I would rather reduce the casting time of a Firebolt to 0.5sec (adjusting the damage as well) and keep the pyromaniac stacks as they are now.

However, it sounds totally plausible to me, if a Fireball would then great twice as much stacks as a Firebolt.

Adding crit, Matk, defense, Hot or some other viable means to pyromaniac to have a choice, to flame explosion for the massive damage, or keep it for the buffs.

As I've written in the Sorcerer thread, I would exchange the haste / casting speed bonus of pyromaniac with the matk bonus of the fire emblem. That would makes the FIRE emblem less useful for Cold / Lightning skills and makes Pyromaniac more relevant for ALL fire skills (even those without a casting time).

Increasing the damage done by Flame explosion, when a normal fireball can do the same damage as something that should be massive something is wrong.

Sure thing. However, the Flame Explosion never felt like something other than a skill that fires 6 Firebolts in quick succession. The drawback is that it can't create a DoT as well.

Increasing the effects of seal explosion: water 100% in 10secs, Fire 40% in 20secs, Wind 30% in 20secs, the healing of. As is healing for water doesn’t heal enough 2-3k and damage taken is around 4-5k we can’t out heal that alone.

For the Exploding the Water Emblem, I already wrote that it is quite balanced at 50%. Increasing the MATK by 40% for 1/6 of the time (20sec of 120sec) by Exploding Fire would still be less effective than the 30% of Ymir Form. I think that this would be a change that is applicable for all classes (f.e. the 10% ATK bonus for Aura Sword)... So the real issue for that would be where to reduce the overall power-level of the players to compensate for the additional power for those passive skills... maybe a reduced effectiveness of refinement?

The Wind Explosion never made sense to me, because most lightning skills don't profit at all. So it would be more a "use fire skills with the wind emblem". So the bonus has to be exchanged, not increased.

Increasing parry for wizards/sorcerers to take less damage from mobs for grinding; when mobs can 5 shot you that is a problem. Parry won’t help in pvp, since what kill us the most is the crits.

Makes no sense to me. The Wizard need other tools than a crappy stat bonus to keep the mobs at bay. And as usual, other classes share the same problem.

Cast time on meteor storm is to long lower the cd of it, or increase the range of the aoe.

The cast time isn't longer than the casting time of a Arrow Shower. The monk AoE has a 3sec cooldown instead and the Warrior's Brandish Storm an animation time of 2~3sec.

Adding more damage spells for wizards, only having 2 mains attack skills makes this class boring.

Other classes don't have access to more attack skills. A Warrior usually consists of Brandish Storm [= Meteor Shower], Bash [=Firebolt] and Rage Strike [=Fireball].

Flame Explosion should be casted when they player wants based off stacks it has accumulated.

Most of the Ultimate skills of other classes require a fixed amount of stacks as well. But it should be lowered to 50 Pyro stacks, to make it comparable to other classes.

Icewall CD should be as short as any class stun.

Usually, the decreased stun duration for other classes is accomplished by higher skill levels. I'd rather add a DoT damage to frozen enemies instead.

On contrast, the Frost Diver has the lowest cooldown of all "stun" skills instead.

For RedSeeds adding Cast Speed to it, isn’t fair that redseeds doesn’t implement them into it yet melee classes can use haste which works for them.

Haste only works on the non-skill basic attacks, whereas Cast Speed would increase skill attacks as well.

Adding some sort of Life siphon to all abilities which for what damage we do, we get a % of it to our health “as a heal since we lack of one”

There is absolutely no reason why the Wizard should get such a thing.

Making fireflower heal us for a % of the damage, but also needs to be increased in damage.

Same as before... no reason. Compare the DoT damage of Fireflower with the DoT damage of most other classes and it isn't so crappy as all.

Also, the Wizard isn't lacking of heal skills, since he is already in the mid-field when compared to other classes.

#4 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Making the class immune to any CC, we don’t have a stun lock, sleep, traps, or any cc as other classes.

Wrong. The class uses freeze, where other classes use stun, knockdown, etc. Against melee classes, it's similar to a stun effect... and it's also effective against everyone who isn't facing in the opposite direction. Unlike many other classes (with a few exceptions), the freezing duration lasts longer than the typical stun/knockdown and can be used more frequently.

For RedSeeds adding Cast Speed to it, isn’t fair that redseeds doesn’t implement them into it yet melee classes can use haste which works for them.

Haste only works on the non-skill basic attacks, whereas Cast Speed would increase skill attacks as well.

No we cannot putting 5 points into frost diver to get a 6 second freeze isnt worth and frost nova at max is 30 sec with no vigor comes down to about 20 sec so saying we can use it more frequently is incorrect. While I also agree being immune to any CC is way to overpowered. Also frost nova is an AoE skill around us most classes that can get in range will have already stunned us resulting in a quick death before we use the skill anyways.

While it may be true that RedSeeds haste only effects the basic attack the fact is no wizard really cares about RedSeeds as 4/5 armor doesnt benefit from flame and the one that does doesnt really boost it enough to be worth the increase. Allowing RedSeeds to have increased cast speed at least then classes as a whole will benefit, where as right now I don't have any reason to RedSeeds as I dont use vigor,haste, or hit on any gear other then Weapon an Helm.

Edited by AyaneYuuko, 16 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#5 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Half of the suggestions here sound like grasping at straws, but then that's not surprising given how this class seems so dead that it has no forum discussion anymore. (Contrast with the Sorcerer discussion thread.) If I was going to make a list of suggestions, it would be something like:

1) Wizard's current role as a damage-per-second turret is incompatible with Advent of Valkyrie gameplay. They need to either:

A) Further emphasize the stationary damage-dealer role to the point where it can compensate for its weaknesses.

(For example, dipping back into the RO1 skillset to make useful abilities out of skills like Safety Wall or Sight Blaster. I can imagine Sight Blaster as a one-hit defensive buff where when somebody gets too close, it knocks them away and stuns them.)

B) Change the role of the Wizard class to something that works better in Advent of Valkyrie.

(Unfortunately, with the exception of Priests, the main role in AoV is burst damage.)

2) Wizard's damage comes too much from their Mage skills, which are shared with Sorcerers, while Sorcerer's strengths come from their 2nd class skills. This results in Sorcerers being able to play as Wizards, but Wizards being unable to play as Sorcerers, making Wizards an undesirable class to play. Possible suggestions to address this are:

• Lower Fireball damage and increase Fire Flower damage in its place.
  • Move Fireball into the Wizard skill tree instead of being a Mage skill. Could even have it trade places with Seal Explosion since the Sorcerers seem to really want that skill.
  • Change Fire Seal so that its bonus is better in combination with Wizard skills, rather then only Mage Skills.
  • Reduce Fireball's damage, then give Dragonology an effect to boost Fireball damage back up. This would let Sorcerer's keep a useful Fireball, but only when they team up with a Wizard.

3) Pyromaniac is too slow and ineffective, especially to be given a 10 point maximum level. It needs to have its effects improved or revised, such as gaining an attack bonus based on how much pyro you have. (As suggested before.) Maybe it could add a small DoT to Firebolts too, or some other halfway useful effect.

4) If anything, Wizard seems like a good candidate for being a primary AoE damage dealer, however their main AoE skill Meteor Storm is average at best because of its slow speed and immobility. Not to mention it's not terribly visually impressive- What if it was more like RO1's Crimson Rock and quickly dropped three big meteors on the target, freeing up the Wizard to do something else, rather then being stuck standing still while basketball-sized meteors fall.

5) Why does Inferno split damage between targets when it doesn't even do that much damage in the first place? It's a useless "feature" of the skill that serves no purpose, I'd say just get rid of it. It's possible to even try to make Inferno have a more useful effect, such as knocking away targets or throwing them on the ground for a brief second.

6) Levitation ought to go away and be replaced by something more useful. The skill serves almost no purpose as is.

7) Ice Wall is not that great for the huuuuge cooldown that it comes with. What if it did something like "thaw" over time, where instead of immediately shattering, it instead granted 100% damage reduction when it ended, minus 10% for every second that passes? (Until it reaches 0, thus giving 10 seconds of full immobile protection, then 10 seconds of partial protection where the Wizard could act.)

etc etc I don't expect much of anything from Gravity.

EDIT: Too many typos.

Edited by AhinaReyoh, 16 July 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#6 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

No we cannot putting 5 points into frost diver to get a 6 second freeze isnt worth and frost nova at max is 30 sec with no vigor comes down to about 20 sec so saying we can use it more frequently is incorrect. While I also agree being immune to any CC is way to overpowered. Also frost nova is an AoE skill around us most classes that can get in range will have already stunned us resulting in a quick death before we use the skill anyways.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry.

The statement I was commenting was: "we don’t have a stun lock, sleep, traps, or any cc as other classes"
And my answer was: The wizard uses freeze.

So maybe you're also referring to other statements I made, but I am not sure.

Frost Diver generates a 6sec 'immobilize' result with only 3 skill points and has a cooldown of 5sec. A higher max. level for this skill would hardly make any sense. Compared to a Pommel Attack of the Warrior (3sec stun; 50sec cooldown @ lvl5), Frost Diver doesn't sound that awful.

Frost Nova surely lacks a level 6~10, but many other 'stun' skills have a similar cooldown at skill level 5:

• Battle Leap: 30sec;
  • Shield Bash: 30sec;
  • Wild Impact: 30sec
  • Ankle Snare: 30sec

But Frost Nova wasn't used often before AoV and maybe that's why the devs didn't increased the maximum level of that skill. Demanding a immunity to CC effects and justifying that with a "lack of stun, sleep, etc." is simply not plausible at all.

While it may be true that RedSeeds haste only effects the basic attack the fact is no wizard really cares about RedSeeds as 4/5 armor doesnt benefit from flame and the one that does doesnt really boost it enough to be worth the increase. Allowing RedSeeds to have increased cast speed at least then classes as a whole will benefit, where as right now I don't have any reason to RedSeeds as I dont use vigor,haste, or hit on any gear other then Weapon an Helm.

See, my comment wasn't about the fact whether or not a Wizard would invest in RedSeed runes or not, but more about the argumentation that was used: "... yet melee classes can use haste which works for them"

I tried to point out that haste isn't the same for a melee class as cast speed for other classes. I wouldn't mind, if the RedSeed runes would increase the casting speed as well, but IMO the comparison with haste is inappropriate.

Edited by Greven79, 28 July 2014 - 03:15 AM.

#7 Contact Support 001

Contact Support 001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:LOL

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I would like to see this class to have edge in pvp and pve, since this class should be opposite or unique to sorc. I suggest more defensive ability than running.

I would like to suggest to change levitation to become 5-6 sec invisibility buff or any buff able to cancel debuff from enemy? like DOT, slow or stun but in % chance(50% preferred) ?

Most of the time, the teleport skill will be cancel half way when I got stunned, so my suggestion is when the teleport casted it should be invisible from any stun I think?    

#8 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

I would like to suggest to change levitation to become 5-6 sec invisibility buff or any buff able to cancel debuff from enemy? like DOT, slow or stun but in % chance(50% preferred) ?

Most of the time, the teleport skill will be cancel half way when I got stunned, so my suggestion is when the teleport casted it should be invisible from any stun I think?    

I guess the issue with the interrupted skill effects isn't easily solved with a invisibility. It seems it's rather a transmission-delay (a lag) that causes your client to restore the 'proper' order of effects. But like anything from Gravity, it seems that the cooldown of your skill isn't resetted properly, just the visual of the skill button, In the end, this leads towards an 'invisible' cooldown of your skill.

#9 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

what they are trying to say is that wizard needs to invest so many points into fire to have viable damage that we don't have the excess points to invest in something like ice wall, frost nova or frost driver that simply do a status effect and have high cooldowns unless you lvl them.  wizard as is (without the extra 20 skill points from mp grind) has barely enough skill points to max the skills it needs to grind! wizard is supposed to be fire more then anything and we don't get any bonus damage from freezing things the way a sorc does. sorc has lightning skills that do lots of damage that make the freeze worthwhile, wizard does not. omglob is i feeze you my lightning bolt and thunderstorn that do -_- damage still do -_- damage? woohoo. -_-; besides of which dots still tick while in icewall so you'll prob die anyways. i've also seen people turn while frozen and hit me (which isn't supposed to happen but does). further more frost driver which you think 'isn't bad' has such a long cast time that you'd be dead before you could caste it. 

the main problem of wizard is high cooldowns, high cast times, and the need to invest too many skill points in essential skills. 

edit: oh and the fact that we can't move while casting at all. 

Edited by RashaKitty, 30 July 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Ok, you made multiple statements:

Too many points required for fire skills:

Well, I can't really deny that, but it's similar for other classes as well. Even a Warrior would have to spend a lot of points to max out his DPS ratio, even excluding the AoE options. The question would rather be, why none of the Ice skills received an upgrade.

Wizard doesn't get the bonus like a Sorcerer does:

Also true, but the Sorcerer doesn't have Ice Nova to start with and the Wizard already has 2 of the 5 Lightning attack skills. In addition, most of the other classes don't receive a significant damage boost from their stun, immobilize or sleep effects either. And in regard of the cooldown at level 1: It's 70sec for the Frost Nova, 70sec for Battle Leap and 110sec for Wild Impact.

DoTs do work but deal no damage while in Ice Wall:

That's true. Although it might makes sense flavorwise that you can be 'cursed' while 'frozen', the DoTs are too deadly right now. The change wouldn't be that hard - a 100% chance for a Dispel or a infinite dodge chance - but I would see the DoTs being fixed instead. My LotS Renovatio recovered like 800~900 HPs.. so at best <14% every 2sec. And Oratio & Co. were only half as effective.

Frost Diver casting time & being able to turn:

Well, I guess you will never truly fix the 'he turned around' issue, because it's more a server lag, not a programming issue. However, that a person is still able to act normally while in a 'frozen' state is another story. A decent debuff wouldn't hurt at all. The casting time of Frost Diver on contrast is legimite. If it wouldn't have a casting time, it could end up being the next Judex-Stun, without the need to cast Aspersio in between (especially against melee classes). Even the 3sec duration when you recast it, is still quite powerful.

But please don't get me wrong here. Although a Wizard can kill with a single Fireball and can be damn deadly in PvP, if he chains up a Teleport+Frost Nova+Fireball, this class is one that really needs more love and support amd I already made a few suggestions. I am bound more to the overall balance of that game than on any single class, so I don't want to offend anyone.

Edited by Greven79, 31 July 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#11 8ReN8

8ReN8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Wong. if u know how, u can by pass freeze making it useless, thats what range atks are, and yes u can aoe hit behind it which makes it useless since the start.

to max out the froze effect is worthless to blow those skill points.

Increasing our Vigor and Cast speed for this class. Nerfing it killed it for this class again.

The devs changed the Fire Emblem to bypass any casting time... there's also the Fireball Mastery and other skills don't have a casting time at all. so an increase in cast speed wouldn't be that useful.

if you dont know the class well dont start judge.

this issue been around for awhile, look at our gear everything is based cast speed. kinda pointless when u need the vigor to lower the cd to cast spells. Fireball mastery has been nerfed for sometime now, takes bout 10 hits to get it to proc.

Having some viable defense to melee classes, meaning all classes can 1 shot us so its Pointless to pvp knowing your going to be killed 5secs within the duel.

Most classes can one-shot any other character that isn't fully VIT-oriented and doesn't have refined all the gear parts to +20. Introducing a Wizard-only fix would be just unfair rather than 'balancing'.

as someone who has both, and pvping at that level which both are equal, wizard will lose everytime no matter the class.

"balanceing" you say, yet every class prior has been fixed or upgraded since aov other than this class constant nerfs. some to mend to the costant abuse of our skillz, and others to raise CD of certain skillz becuz they been abused by other class.

Removing Wizard class altogether and combing us with sorcerer. “not helpful but shows you how bad off this class is”

No class is bad per se, but the skills are unbalanced. Introduce a grind location where noone can use pets and the crecentia would be crap. Make cure unstackable and the Soulmaker would be crap. Remove Battle Tactics and both the Warrior and the Knight would be nothing but trash. So the Wizard is lacking at least one inbalanced skill like the other classes.

from another class i know, crecentia's can stay in the dps race far more than what you think. int is for pet, str for dps.for sm you havent ran into a SM who stays the 25m range and hits you while u chase. warriors dont need tactics to kill you when they can raw damage you to death. knights have a constant stun, yet u never see many use it, however knights would be trash.

Increasing the Int and crit for this class. If it doesn’t crit then we do nothing to melee classes.

A single Fireball (and the DoT) can surely kill most characters of any class out there. The only issue usually is that those players can kill you before that happens.

no, 5k hit avg, does about 3k dot which does about 20k total. its a lot higher based on seeds/pwr ect ect but im talkin bout the avg player. everything is based off crit on this class. unless they plan on putting the magic resistance and nerfing it from the armor/defense as should be. hint hint WIS...

Fixing firestarter, pointless to have a dot that does nothing.

My Warrior Head Crush deals about 200 damage every two seconds... THAT is something I call inbalanced. So every DoT needs to be fixed.

However, you can't fix the DoTs, because they are currently based on ATK... and classes do have huge differences there as well.

its the thing that made wiz, a wiz. the dot itself was always 1/3 of our total dps in most any fights pve/pvp.

Lower the cd of seal explosion

To achieve what exactly? All bonuses granted by Seal Explosion except for the percentual heal are wastly ineffective. However, the Heal is quite balanced.

A Warrior can activate the Tension Relax every 120sec that heals 30% instantaneously and 60% over the course of the next 30sec (4% per 2sec). In total not more than 90% over 120sec.

An active Water Emblem heals 5% every 10sec (= 1% every 2sec = 60% over 120sec) and a Seal Explosion adds 50% over 10sec. In total, you can heal 110% of your HP over 120sec, even more than a Warrior, plus the bonus of healing SP as well and getting a 10% damage reduction. Sounds REALLY bad.

glad you play this class... you would know that its been off for some time. heals aound 80-90% of what it suppose to be.

BTW: The Beastmaster Survival heals 30% and is usable every 30sec, which sums up to 120% over the course of 120sec.... not much better than the 110% of the Wizard.

and again comparing us to a class that can get 80k hp and max def rate fairly ez.. ill let you do the math thats probably 2-3x are heals.

BUT I have nothing against reducing the cooldown of a Seal Explosion to even 30sec, as long as the healing part gets adjusted by the same amount. (f.e.  20% Insta-Heal on 40sec Seal Explosion).

Madness of Fire “pyromaniac” Stacks increase 15-25 from the 5-15 it is now.

That isn't a good solution in my opinion. I would rather reduce the casting time of a Firebolt to 0.5sec (adjusting the damage as well) and keep the pyromaniac stacks as they are now.

However, it sounds totally plausible to me, if a Fireball would then great twice as much stacks as a Firebolt.

kinda hard to do .5 when they keep nerfing are vigor/cast everytime. and this been something that needs to be done since aov. takes to long to build flame explosion. its been a knownin issue with wizards, and i think even prior vcr have tried getting it changed.

Adding crit, Matk, defense, Hot or some other viable means to pyromaniac to have a choice, to flame explosion for the massive damage, or keep it for the buffs.

As I've written in the Sorcerer thread, I would exchange the haste / casting speed bonus of pyromaniac with the matk bonus of the fire emblem. That would makes the FIRE emblem less useful for Cold / Lightning skills and makes Pyromaniac more relevant for ALL fire skills (even those without a casting time).

we still need cast speed/vigor though....

Increasing the damage done by Flame explosion, when a normal fireball can do the same damage as something that should be massive something is wrong.

Sure thing. However, the Flame Explosion never felt like something other than a skill that fires 6 Firebolts in quick succession. The drawback is that it can't create a DoT as well.

lack of you knowin the class again. if it hit 6 times i dont think any wizard would complain but it only hit 2x. for each hit does that equivalent to 1 firebolt. downside is you build it up for 40secs, then cast it which takes longer to cast ,then it would to use then just cast 2 firebolts. its been broke.

Increasing the effects of seal explosion: water 100% in 10secs, Fire 40% in 20secs, Wind 30% in 20secs, the healing of. As is healing for water doesn’t heal enough 2-3k and damage taken is around 4-5k we can’t out heal that alone.

For the Exploding the Water Emblem, I already wrote that it is quite balanced at 50%. Increasing the MATK by 40% for 1/6 of the time (20sec of 120sec) by Exploding Fire would still be less effective than the 30% of Ymir Form. I think that this would be a change that is applicable for all classes (f.e. the 10% ATK bonus for Aura Sword)... So the real issue for that would be where to reduce the overall power-level of the players to compensate for the additional power for those passive skills... maybe a reduced effectiveness of refinement?

The Wind Explosion never made sense to me, because most lightning skills don't profit at all. So it would be more a "use fire skills with the wind emblem". So the bonus has to be exchanged, not increased.

ive played with the wind, it gives the speed we need, but the lack of everything else which does make it useless but some still use it.

Increasing parry for wizards/sorcerers to take less damage from mobs for grinding; when mobs can 5 shot you that is a problem. Parry won’t help in pvp, since what kill us the most is the crits.

Makes no sense to me. The Wizard need other tools than a crappy stat bonus to keep the mobs at bay. And as usual, other classes share the same problem.

what other wizards noticed the most.. so i put it up, its probably cause of the dw mobs.

Cast time on meteor storm is to long lower the cd of it, or increase the range of the aoe.

The cast time isn't longer than the casting time of a Arrow Shower. The monk AoE has a 3sec cooldown instead and the Warrior's Brandish Storm an animation time of 2~3sec.

Adding more damage spells for wizards, only having 2 mains attack skills makes this class boring.

Other classes don't have access to more attack skills. A Warrior usually consists of Brandish Storm [= Meteor Shower], Bash [=Firebolt] and Rage Strike [=Fireball].

we have fireflower! oh wait... we did...
im just putting up what others wanted. tbh and its not really a bad idea though.

Flame Explosion should be casted when they player wants based off stacks it has accumulated.

Most of the Ultimate skills of other classes require a fixed amount of stacks as well. But it should be lowered to 50 Pyro stacks, to make it comparable to other classes.

Icewall CD should be as short as any class stun.

Usually, the decreased stun duration for other classes is accomplished by higher skill levels. I'd rather add a DoT damage to frozen enemies instead.

On contrast, the Frost Diver has the lowest cooldown of all "stun" skills instead.

icewall is the wall that covers the wizard, suppose to be our "defense" but since dots/stuns/traps all work on it, with the high CD of it another pointless skill.

certain classes use haste. casters even if vigor is over clocked out, it doesnt matter when cast speed cant keep up. its a cripple on us caster classes.

Adding some sort of Life siphon to all abilities which for what damage we do, we get a % of it to our health “as a heal since we lack of one”

There is absolutely no reason why the Wizard should get such a thing.

i liked this idea, and brings intresting ideas to help improve this class is what this is for. so to bash some ppls ideas....

Making fireflower heal us for a % of the damage, but also needs to be increased in damage.

Same as before... no reason. Compare the DoT damage of Fireflower with the DoT damage of most other classes and it isn't so crappy as all.

Also, the Wizard isn't lacking of heal skills, since he is already in the mid-field when compared to other classes.

"mid field" lawl... i already bashed that 1 of yours we sit on the low end if best. whats writtien down seems nice, but when u think of the hp/def. how they can hide/stealth, armore/defense ect ect of other classes and this class it lacks everywhere that helps other classes live.

Half of the suggestions here sound like grasping at straws, but then that's not surprising given how this class seems so dead that it has no forum discussion anymore. (Contrast with the Sorcerer discussion thread.) If I was going to make a list of suggestions, it would be something like:

1) Wizard's current role as a damage-per-second turret is incompatible with Advent of Valkyrie gameplay. They need to either:

A) Further emphasize the stationary damage-dealer role to the point where it can compensate for its weaknesses.

(For example, dipping back into the RO1 skillset to make useful abilities out of skills like Safety Wall or Sight Blaster. I can imagine Sight Blaster as a one-hit defensive buff where when somebody gets too close, it knocks them away and stuns them.)

B) Change the role of the Wizard class to something that works better in Advent of Valkyrie.

(Unfortunately, with the exception of Priests, the main role in AoV is burst damage.)

2) Wizard's damage comes too much from their Mage skills, which are shared with Sorcerers, while Sorcerer's strengths come from their 2nd class skills. This results in Sorcerers being able to play as Wizards, but Wizards being unable to play as Sorcerers, making Wizards an undesirable class to play. Possible suggestions to address this are:

• Lower Fireball damage and increase Fire Flower damage in its place.
  • Move Fireball into the Wizard skill tree instead of being a Mage skill. Could even have it trade places with Seal Explosion since the Sorcerers seem to really want that skill.
  • Change Fire Seal so that its bonus is better in combination with Wizard skills, rather then only Mage Skills.
  • Reduce Fireball's damage, then give Dragonology an effect to boost Fireball damage back up. This would let Sorcerer's keep a useful Fireball, but only when they team up with a Wizard.

3) Pyromaniac is too slow and ineffective, especially to be given a 10 point maximum level. It needs to have its effects improved or revised, such as gaining an attack bonus based on how much pyro you have. (As suggested before.) Maybe it could add a small DoT to Firebolts too, or some other halfway useful effect.

4) If anything, Wizard seems like a good candidate for being a primary AoE damage dealer, however their main AoE skill Meteor Storm is average at best because of its slow speed and immobility. Not to mention it's not terribly visually impressive- What if it was more like RO1's Crimson Rock and quickly dropped three big meteors on the target, freeing up the Wizard to do something else, rather then being stuck standing still while basketball-sized meteors fall.

5) Why does Inferno split damage between targets when it doesn't even do that much damage in the first place? It's a useless "feature" of the skill that serves no purpose, I'd say just get rid of it. It's possible to even try to make Inferno have a more useful effect, such as knocking away targets or throwing them on the ground for a brief second.

6) Levitation ought to go away and be replaced by something more useful. The skill serves almost no purpose as is.

7) Ice Wall is not that great for the huuuuge cooldown that it comes with. What if it did something like "thaw" over time, where instead of immediately shattering, it instead granted 100% damage reduction when it ended, minus 10% for every second that passes? (Until it reaches 0, thus giving 10 seconds of full immobile protection, then 10 seconds of partial protection where the Wizard could act.)

etc etc I don't expect much of anything from Gravity.

EDIT: Too many typos.

yea i agree with the skillz, but i doubt they will add new graphics to the game so i left those out -.-

Frost Diver generates a 6sec 'immobilize' result with only 3 skill points and has a cooldown of 5sec. A higher max. level for this skill would hardly make any sense. Compared to a Pommel Attack of the Warrior (3sec stun; 50sec cooldown @ lvl5), Frost Diver doesn't sound that awful.

Frost Nova surely lacks a level 6~10, but many other 'stun' skills have a similar cooldown at skill level 5:

• Battle Leap: 30sec;
  • Shield Bash: 30sec;
  • Wild Impact: 30sec
  • Ankle Snare: 30sec

But Frost Nova wasn't used often before AoV and maybe that's why the devs didn't increased the maximum level of that skill. Demanding a immunity to CC effects and justifying that with a "lack of stun, sleep, etc." is simply not plausible at all.

you like to compare us a to warrior the only class that doesnt have a range atk... lawl... its the only class that its usefull towards. down side is they stun/dmg u where frost just puts u n 1 spot.

yes, fost nova was used prior aov, a LOT more than what it is now. ever wonder y? its broke.  its just not worth putting points in it.

See, my comment wasn't about the fact whether or not a Wizard would invest in RedSeed runes or not, but more about the argumentation that was used: "... yet melee classes can use haste which works for them"

I tried to point out that haste isn't the same for a melee class as cast speed for other classes. I wouldn't mind, if the RedSeed runes would increase the casting speed as well, but IMO the comparison with haste is inappropriate.

haste is used in rangers, sins and probably rogues dunno bout that 1.

rangers use it in basic attacks in the skill rotation do they not?...

sins use it mid atks if you know what your doing more haste the faster you hit.

the main problem of wizard is high cooldowns, high cast times, and the need to invest too many skill points in essential skills. 

edit: oh and the fact that we can't move while casting at all. 

^ sums it all up.

Too many points required for fire skills:

Well, I can't really deny that, but it's similar for other classes as well. Even a Warrior would have to spend a lot of points to max out his DPS ratio, even excluding the AoE options. The question would rather be, why none of the Ice skills received an upgrade.

you must not have messed with that often enough to know it nukes the dps. even if the ice skillz where updated in the end it probably be used with sorcs more than wizards.

Wizard doesn't get the bonus like a Sorcerer does:

Also true, but the Sorcerer doesn't have Ice Nova to start with and the Wizard already has 2 of the 5 Lightning attack skills. In addition, most of the other classes don't receive a significant damage boost from their stun, immobilize or sleep effects either. And in regard of the cooldown at level 1: It's 70sec for the Frost Nova, 70sec for Battle Leap and 110sec for Wild Impact.

we nova u at the start, hit probably 2 times, and then u leap, which does damage, get a skill off or 2. so yea ill take the stun with damage plz. make it sound like it worse off.

every other class can atk us while we nova but war's. if a wiz nova's and a sorcs frost drives, the sorcs will go off still hitting u turned with ur back.

Frost Diver casting time & being able to turn:

Well, I guess you will never truly fix the 'he turned around' issue, because it's more a server lag, not a programming issue. However, that a person is still able to act normally while in a 'frozen' state is another story. A decent debuff wouldn't hurt at all. The casting time of Frost Diver on contrast is legimite. If it wouldn't have a casting time, it could end up being the next Judex-Stun, without the need to cast Aspersio in between (especially against melee classes). Even the 3sec duration when you recast it, is still quite powerful.

frost driver just puts u in 1 spot. you can cast freely.

and the turn around bug being lag?... uh aoe behind u, or use a skill that u control what direction and you will turn that way.

i wish we could use it like stun, but we have a other end cd from reusing it on u... strong will 2 which is 20s, then doesnt work afterwards.to top it off, green dispell doesnt dispell it, so where sol.

oh wait thats what they should do with stuns too.. suprised it hasnt yet tbh.

But please don't get me wrong here. Although a Wizard can kill with a single Fireball and can be damn deadly in PvP, if he chains up a Teleport+Frost Nova+Fireball, this class is one that really needs more love and support amd I already made a few suggestions. I am bound more to the overall balance of that game than on any single class, so I don't want to offend anyone.

pfft... play wizard long enough to know, what needs to be done to help it. its not like it use to be pre aov.

everyone in the game knows this class needs to be redone, yet you just come here to bash ppl ideas of wanting to improve the class....

in the end this class has to have massive improvements to it, or rather just make us all sorcs -.-

Edited by 2463130614201820927, 31 July 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

It's hard to read your comments and even harder to answer them kindly.
To repeat the most important part: Read the whole answer instead of making (false) assumptions. <see highlighted text>

@ Freeze:

Spoiler
@ Need for Vigor & Cast speed:
Spoiler
@ Defense
Spoiler
@ Removing the Wizard class
Spoiler
@ Fireball damage
Spoiler
@ Seal Explosion
Spoiler
@ Pyro stacks
Spoiler
@ Flame Explosion
Spoiler
@ Seed Runes
Spoiler
@ Life Syphon / Firestarter heal
Spoiler
@ Frost Nova Cooldown
Spoiler
@ Frost Diver & turn around
Spoiler
@ General feedback:

pfft... play wizard long enough to know, what needs to be done to help it. its not like it use to be pre aov. everyone in the game knows this class needs to be redone, yet you just come here to bash ppl ideas of wanting to improve the class.... in the end this class has to have massive improvements to it, or rather just make us all sorcs -.-

Why are you guys always reacting like that?

I've said: "I doubt that increasing the defense rate would change that much"

and I got "You don't know this class!"

I've said: "Any class wants more heals and raising it for the Wizard won't make him survive significantly longer"

and I got "You come here and bash ppl ideas!"

So why is this such a hostile reaction that even the VCR isn't capable of showing any signs of interest on my questions or the reasoning behind it?

I never doubted that the Wizard needs to be reworked and improved significantly:

• Flame Explosion is crap (needs too many pyro stacks) => suggested to half the requirement
  • Firestarter is too weak => stated that it's missing the general x10 increase since AoV
  • Inferno has a crappy cooldown => could even be 3sec
  • Pyromaniac is just a joke => suggested an improvement
  • the long animation time for Meteor Swarm makes the DPS weaker than for comparable AoEs
  • Levitation doesn't even seem to work or is negligible
  • Lightning & Ice skills seem even less effective than fire skills
  • 2 of 3 effects from Seal Explosion are too weak
  • Fireball Mastery and Fire Emblem Crest aren't separated enough
  • The Wizard has no instantaneous stun effect like other classes which then ensures a 'free' one-shot of the target

Since you accused me for bashing ideas, just tell me which one exactly! Honestly! I want to know where I made a reasonless trolling!

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users