Payment? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Payment?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

So I finally have a 3 hour block of time I can spend playing. Only after buying the points does it tell me I have to go through a check that could take 24 hours. That leaves me wanting a refund. I really don't understand what is going on with the new wp.

Made another post here:

http://forums.warppo...0-payment-made/

Figured that was a better place for it.

Edited by Cotano, 31 July 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#2 sdsds

sdsds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Same thoughts here man, I just purchased 2000 points 3 hours ago and there not even in my account yet, I've been just sitting at my computer fuming about it. I don't understand whats with this WP stuff. It's flashy, but it fails.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

All first-time payments must be verified in order to prevent fraudulent credit card charges. Once you've been verified, you will not have to go through it ever again. Verification made pre-WarpPortal does not count.

If you want a refund, then send in a ticket to WarpPortal Support. Everyone has to go through the verification process, there's no getting around it.

#4 Yenko24

Yenko24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Ah, but once they verify do you need to repay? Or will the points be added to the account and your card charged after they verified?

I know it's a pain but I would rather them do this than have some crap charges go through my account that I have no idea what's it about.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Ah, but once they verify do you need to repay? Or will the points be added to the account and your card charged after they verified?

Once the payment is verified, your account will be credited the points. Verification is simply one step in the payment process and it's a long step to get through considering it has to be manually verified.

#6 Aimee

Aimee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

i thought they didn't do refunds.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

i thought they didn't do refunds.

It depends on the situation.

#8 Daeyan

Daeyan

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi,

I assume you are trying to purchase a subscription using a credit card directly through warpportal? I had the same problem...tried to puchase with my Visa on Thurs. - I am still waiting. But...
There is an easy solution to this...go to www.playspan.com (They have no cc verification waiting time)
You can buy WP 'energy' through playspan with a credit card and you immediately get an email that gives you an ESN number. Then go to your master account, and click on the tab that says "redeem coupons". Enter you esn number there, and the WP energy immediately shows on your master account. Then just transfer the energy that you need to your game account. Then buy the subscription you need with the WP points you just added.
Yeah, it is a bit annoying that you have to go to a different site to buy the WP energy, then go back to WP to add it, but Gravity just doesn't have the infrastructure to prevent cc fraud unless they check each cc manually. Playspan has the ability to do approve tranactions immediately. It took me about 15 minutes - start to finish - for my subscription to be renewed.
IMO, warpportal should not even offer credit cards as a payment option on their site, they should just refer people to playspan.com.
The manual check is just too inconvienient!
And fyi (from my experience) - your card WILL NOT be charged, nor will the funds get put on hold, until Gravity is ready to approve the transaction and give you your points, so you don't need to worry about that.
Hope that helps :rolleyes: -Daeyan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users