• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PooCake

PooCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

So I'm grinding at osiris now and they say I should lvl up until 19 so I will still get a lot of MP in osiris then farm MP for stat points and skill points which I believe is a good tip. I still got skill and stat reset so I was thinking of going for this skill build and going for pure int cuz they say tank aren't that necessary so I'm going DPS build but I really don't know if this is the right move need some pro opinion guys. Is it worth it not getting aura heal and not maxing aura strike? XD

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Edited by PooCake, 03 August 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Go full int is the most dummy thing you can do since you won't be able to crit a lot with the basic agi....it's like have an F22 but no gas.

#3 PooCake

PooCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:09 AM

Go full int is the most dummy thing you can do since you won't be able to crit a lot with the basic agi....it's like have an F22 but no gas.

so a bit balance agi and int then? and what can u say about my skill build?

#4 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Seems you like to dps, so i suggest you to move the 4 extra stats on shield charge and put them in the upper one that on a % allow you to use 3 free aura.

About the stats i suggest to focus only in agi i know the damage is important but i assure you can gain 400% critical damage only with good cards and osiris accessories so the real problem is the critical rate

#5 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

*Looks the build and remember what a dps knight said once in this forum*: 

Not taking sheild fortress is like a Sorc not having Deluge or a Priest not having Sanct.

The idea is you need to stack multiple HP+ or damage reduction skills to soak the big unavoidable AoE. What combo you need depends purely on group make-up and gear levels.
Do you really need SF? In current content no(except maybe driller or xenospider hissy fits). For CoA or AoD? Rumors around say SF is a needed crutch down the road. Though we don't know for sure.

Still even as dps spec I have shield fortress. The utility is far too strong to pass up. You have enough points to get it pretty much no matter what role you play.

I think I'm getting older to give advices for this new generation of knights ;-;
*cry in the corner*

But like Shinyusuke said is better move those points of Shield Charge to Aura Mastery. Because is always good get 3 free auras to use Shield Cannon or Aura Strike. And Aura Strike is important master, because you use this skill when Shield Cannon is in CD.

About stats.... When I bought all my skill and stat points I put 75 AGI and 200 INT.

#6 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

id suggest getting to ML 20 and having osiris gear before you work on stats & skill points
because the gears will give you more tankiness and dmg, so youll make it easier it on your healer, do more dmg=kill mobs faster=more exp per 30min. You'll also be qualified for ML20+ parties

Edited by FishDeity, 03 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#7 PooCake

PooCake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Thanks a lot guys Ill will follow all of your tips. One more thing what is the ideal critical chance for knight in ML 20?

#8 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

With red and blue runes on Osiris around 30%

#9 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

I still got skill and stat reset so I was thinking of going for this skill build and going for pure int cuz they say tank aren't that necessary so I'm going DPS build but I really don't know if this is the right move need some pro opinion guys. Is it worth it not getting aura heal and not maxing aura strike? XD

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

You have to differentiate between 'dps' builds and pvp builds. Generally spoken, AGI is always worse than INT for raising your threat / dps. BUT - and this is a large but - you don't have to trust anyone here on this forum, simply test it by yourself: Just go to Condors, GC a bit until you get those +75pt AGI potions.

For my Warrior:

+75 AGI = +0.4% crit. chance

I guess that shouldn't be much higher for Knights, since both classes get +1 crit / AGI.

So for me, it's always a bit funny if players talk about investing points in AGI, because I can hardly imagine any situation where 0.4% more crit. chance would make any difference.

On your skill build:

You might want to rethink maxing Shield Bash. You only lower the cooldown by 10sec, because the additional damage doesn't matter that much in any case.

#10 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:20 AM

AGI is not a choice for pure offensive knight and its rather for offensive defensive knight. AGI is really useless for warrior cos they add both dodge and crit 1 only per point, whereas for knight it can be handy to boost ur dodge since its 2 dodge per 1 AGI point. While most ppl think dodge sux, few ppl agree that dodge can help mitigate the damage better (since we get heavy nerf on parry). Even 1 miss can also screw ur enemy combo.

So if u really want to be pure offensive knight, go pump ur INT, dont worry ur crit not that high cos what u aim is the deadly 1 hit KO in ur 1 critical hit. But if u want to be offensive defensive knight, pump ur AGI cos it both helps u mitigate the damage while in the same time make ur damage more shiny than pure tank by critting a lot with BT benefit.

Ideal critical chance for ml 20 knight:
If ur build is pure offensive = not less than 20%
If ur build is offensive defensive = not less than 25%

Edited by Kupfner, 04 August 2014 - 06:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users