• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

About 20% of the time when a loading screen is involved in the course of the game, it simply never finishes loading. This can be when logging in, or when moving from one map to another, or when starting a boss fight.

#2 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

About 20% of the time when a loading screen is involved in the course of the game, it simply never finishes loading. This can be when logging in, or when moving from one map to another, or when starting a boss fight.

me too

#3 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

I have the same problem and in addition, it happens 100% of the time and after I have chosen my character to play (pretty much I can't play my pf)
the screen loads almost and then pulls up the couple system and stays like that. It goes into the "not responding" mode.

This only does it for my pf though, not my other character (which is odd)

Oh and the music isn't playing, not at all, not even from the log in screen... so...

Edited by xChaos, 11 November 2010 - 10:41 PM.

#4 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

I have the same problem and in addition, it happens 100% of the time and after I have chosen my character to play (pretty much I can't play my pf)
the screen loads almost and then pulls up the couple system and stays like that. It goes into the "not responding" mode.

Oh and the music isn't playing, not at all, not even from the log in screen... so...

Is your PF a character you created with Gravity and your other character you created with THQ? MY imported myrm does not see these problems but the monk I just created is riddled with these problems.

#5 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Is your PF a character you created with Gravity and your other character you created with THQ? MY imported myrm does not see these problems but the monk I just created is riddled with these problems.

Pf is created with THQ

Edited by xChaos, 12 November 2010 - 02:34 PM.

#6 Azentaicho

Azentaicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationOn the PC
  • Server:Uh?

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

same here too ._. i cant choose any of my chars; loading screen, then it's unresponsive.

#7 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

~re download it~

#8 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

~re download it~

The only problem with that is that it does not guarantee anything and it would seem that there are many problems with the downloading as well. Almost worse than our problems

#9 Azentaicho

Azentaicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationOn the PC

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

The only problem with that is that it does not guarantee anything and it would seem that there are many problems with the downloading as well. Almost worse than our problems

It does work. Re-installing stopped the loading screens for me, anyways. :unsure:

#10 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

It does work. Re-installing stopped the loading screens for me, anyways. :unsure:

re-installing takes forever as usual

#11 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

Reinstalling wasn't long, the patching took over an hour.

#12 cottontail

cottontail

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSt.Thomas, Virgin Islands

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

i have the same exact problem..... but it only happens when my pf is in libra. i've waited for a few days hoping it would go away but i'm still unable to play. >.<
my pf is also made with THQ, as well as all my other characters, but they all work fine.

#13 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:36 AM

Reinstalling wasn't long, the patching took over an hour.

lucky you xD it is both for me =p so... and I still waiting for the installing at the moment. Something happened before and it didn't install.

#14 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

i have the same exact problem..... but it only happens when my pf is in libra. i've waited for a few days hoping it would go away but i'm still unable to play. >.<
my pf is also made with THQ, as well as all my other characters, but they all work fine.

my other characters as well as from THQ but my pf was fine at one time before i tried to go out of the fungoid village and then after that is stuck like that since.

#15 cottontail

cottontail

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

my other characters as well as from THQ but my pf was fine at one time before i tried to go out of the fungoid village and then after that is stuck like that since.

maybe its just towns we're having trouble with..... and im not reinstaling untill you update here and tell me if it works or not. my computer inst that slow, but it likes to lolly gag with downloads. -.-

#16 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Your computers are messed up o.o, my computer is 5 years old and still only facing minor lag problems. Not trying to brag or anything

#17 cottontail

cottontail

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

Your computers are messed up o.o, my computer is 5 years old and still only facing minor lag problems. Not trying to brag or anything

lol, none taken. but my computer is not infact messed up, i had no problems what so ever three days ago, could walk in and out of the main towns as i pleased untill i got on a few nights ago, loged in find, choose my pf to play with and then wait for the load to finish...... which it never did. and i don't mean wait like 3 seconds i mean wait like an hour.

#18 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

maybe its just towns we're having trouble with..... and im not reinstaling untill you update here and tell me if it works or not. my computer inst that slow, but it likes to lolly gag with downloads. -.-

Actually my computer isn't normally that slow at all, haha. Only for this game and this time has it been slow for installation. Even with THQ it wasa lot faster. =/ Eh, I don't know, either way I will give the update here and personally I wouldn't have changed my computer if I hadn't had to.
*oh and in the middle of the first try for installation some weird thing happen saying download time times out... :unsure: so I had to start over, if that makes a difference on your perception on how much time it took for it to re-install with me*

#19 cottontail

cottontail

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

Actually my computer isn't normally that slow at all, haha. Only for this game and this time has it been slow for installation. Even with THQ it wasa lot faster. =/ Eh, I don't know, either way I will give the update here and personally I wouldn't have changed my computer if I hadn't had to.
*oh and in the middle of the first try for installation some weird thing happen saying download time times out... :unsure: so I had to start over, if that makes a difference on your perception on how much time it took for it to re-install with me*

you hit the nail on the head Chaos..... i want to blame the gateway program we're all forced to download but then the reply is to just close it.
*yep, that made difference... then again i should try just to see what happens.

#20 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

you hit the nail on the head Chaos..... i want to blame the gateway program we're all forced to download but then the reply is to just close it.
*yep, that made difference... then again i should try just to see what happens.

Haha, seems a lot of people are made at Gateway. I don't really know but I just made my statement about it, not really have an opinion about it. (the thing between whether Gateway or THQ is better)
*mm, well patching is up to 90.7% at the moment. It has been maybe 10 minutes, so we will see soon...=/ I hope*

UPDATE:~DONE~with re-installation, everything works fine now

Edited by xChaos, 14 November 2010 - 05:51 AM.

#21 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

I wonder if the distance from the servers has anything to do with lag? I know it shouldn't but it can't just be random. I think Gravity is based on the west coast and I live in the midwest and was getting all kinds of lag problems.
After reinstallation I was able to come and go freely from port of the winds...only to lag die when facing f5 alvida solo. Keep in mind my character is a monk.

#22 xChaos

xChaos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

I wonder if the distance from the servers has anything to do with lag? I know it shouldn't but it can't just be random. I think Gravity is based on the west coast and I live in the midwest and was getting all kinds of lag problems.
After reinstallation I was able to come and go freely from port of the winds...only to lag die when facing f5 alvida solo. Keep in mind my character is a monk.

Mm, I don't think so I know people on the west coast and it lags the same as it would for me so. And good but the lag on F5 solo xD that is annoying, and hm... maybe it is the computer doing something in the background making your game lag?

And the game works fine for me now so.. but the bugs are getting annoying...

#23 Azentaicho

Azentaicho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationOn the PC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

Really? Installing the game again only took half an hour for me. :unsure: Are you re-installing everything, or are you starting from the game client installer and going from there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users