#1 Marluxia20

Marluxia20

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

Hi, to all veteran mage classes out there.

I've been wondering since, is it possible to reduce cast time here in RO2?

I'm new to this game, but I managed to get through to master level 6 as a sorcerer. I love sorcerer class ever since RO1. The cast time of Jupitel Thunder here in this sequel is a pain in the ass while i painstakingly wait for the cooldown of my VS. So, is there any way to reduce cast time?

Thanks!

#2 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

Using guardian or ymir will temporary pace up your cast time. Your Wind Seal was level 5 and always on when you're in combat mode right? Did your learnt or maxed Jupiter Thunder Mastery? It's worth to gamble with proc. Anyhow, it's Gravity intention for this successor game to be as different as possible from its predecessor without completely alienates its franchise fanbase.  

edit: I really need to fall back in love with my own sorc.

Edited by Telovi, 13 August 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#3 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

There's 3 stats to consider for this:

Haste will increase the general attack speed. You can get more haste by using Wind Emblem and having DPS oriented accessories.

Cast Speed will increase the speed of long charging spells like Jupitel Thunder and Fire Ball. You can get more with Honing and with better gear.

Vigor decreases the cooldown on skills, and can be very useful for spells like Varetyr Spear. But personally I think the above 2 should be prioritized over this.

Like Telovi said the Guardian greatly increases speed, so does Ymir Child. There's also Pump it pills and buff food that can help on that.

#4 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

But, can dev improve sorc/wizard vigor oO (even for cast speed) . Why priest/SM got most better vigor and cast speed ( from doll vs bible) when their skill are barely instant cast and no need Cast time at all -_-

#5 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

But, can dev improve sorc/wizard vigor oO (even for cast speed) . Why priest/SM got most better vigor and cast speed ( from doll vs bible) when their skill are barely instant cast and no need Cast time at all -_-

You have Wind Emblem to reduce your casting time and Fire Emblem to ignore the progression bar most of the time... so what else do you need? The gear benefit is insignificant compared to that.

Vigor on contrast reduces the cooldown of skills and Sorcerers & Wizards already have an unbalanced cooldown for Fireballs and Jupitel Thunders. 3sec for a skill that deals 800%+ damage is astonishing, hence the casting time.

#6 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

You have Wind Emblem to reduce your casting time and Fire Emblem to ignore the progression bar most of the time... so what else do you need? The gear benefit is insignificant compared to that.

Vigor on contrast reduces the cooldown of skills and Sorcerers & Wizards already have an unbalanced cooldown for Fireballs and Jupitel Thunders. 3sec for a skill that deals 800%+ damage is astonishing, hence the casting time.

you need to know even these skills got fast CD but skill animation are terrible long even with skill to get instant cast, and if boss/player stun when we cast these skills ,then pfff, all gone ! 

#7 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:08 AM

you need to know even these skills got fast CD but skill animation are terrible long even with skill to get instant cast, and if boss/player stun when we cast these skills ,then pfff, all gone ! 

And how is this different towards other classes?

#8 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

And how is this different towards other classes?

When we cast fireball or jupiter thunder, which has an average 2.5ish second cast time, after its casted and sent off, if we get stunned inbetween the amount of time it takes to hit your opponent, it cancels out and you just wasted on average 5 seconds and now wait for the cool down which that average is... 3.5ish seconds?

The worst is Varetyr Spear, its instant cast but the CD is average 30 seconds, which if you cast that and you get stunned before it hits, it also cancels out and you have to wait on that CD.

I will admit that sorcerer's are fairly balanced, however its the other classes that make us feel unbalanced.

#9 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

When we cast fireball or jupiter thunder, which has an average 2.5ish second cast time, after its casted and sent off, if we get stunned inbetween the amount of time it takes to hit your opponent, it cancels out and you just wasted on average 5 seconds and now wait for the cool down which that average is... 3.5ish seconds?

The worst is Varetyr Spear, its instant cast but the CD is average 30 seconds, which if you cast that and you get stunned before it hits, it also cancels out and you have to wait on that CD.

I will admit that sorcerer's are fairly balanced, however its the other classes that make us feel unbalanced.

Once more. How is this different towards a monk who gets interrupted while casting G-Fist losing 60sec (40sec with average vigor), towards a noel being interrupted while activating Awake, etc. instead?

One of the most broken things about the Sorcerers and Wizards are the short cooldown for both Fireball and Jupitel Thunder. The casting time of both skills can be "avoided" quite often as well (either Fire Emblem + Fireball Mastery or Memorize + JT Mastery).

Given enough Vigor, it's already possible to cut the cooldown below 2sec. Additional Vigor would break these skills even more.

Just be aware of the damage:. A JT against frozen targets or with an active Wind Crest results in 1796% non-crit. damage... that's more than most 'ultimate skills' of other classes. And whereas most other classes have to gather combo-points (or other forms) first, the Sorcerer might want to trigger a crest or activate Memorize instead.

And presuming the usual "but we have no perma-stun" response.... yeah, that's true, but this shouldn't be an eye-for-an-eye debate here.

#10 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

Just be aware of the damage:. A JT against frozen targets or with an active Wind Crest results in 1796% non-crit. damage... that's more than most 'ultimate skills' of other classes. And whereas most other classes have to gather combo-points (or other forms) first, the Sorcerer might want to trigger a crest or activate Memorize instead.

You make that sound like its an extremely big guaranteed hit 100% of the time. It depends on your opponent and your INT/runeseeds/gear for the damage to be so significant.

#11 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

Once more. How is this different towards a monk who gets interrupted while casting G-Fist losing 60sec (40sec with average vigor), towards a noel being interrupted while activating Awake, etc. instead?

One of the most broken things about the Sorcerers and Wizards are the short cooldown for both Fireball and Jupitel Thunder. The casting time of both skills can be "avoided" quite often as well (either Fire Emblem + Fireball Mastery or Memorize + JT Mastery).

Given enough Vigor, it's already possible to cut the cooldown below 2sec. Additional Vigor would break these skills even more.

And presuming the usual "but we have no perma-stun" response.... yeah, that's true, but this shouldn't be an eye-for-an-eye debate here.

Just like Sarasah said, we need to"froze" our target before get that damage as you state, but don't you know that frost diver can miss too? Furthermore, like i said, even memorize or JT mastery, if you stun us before the animation end, skill will disappear ( even memorize is max, it still need 120s CD). What the points for short "cooldown "when skill can't hit people then ? ( and i still no mention that people can run behind us to attack and avoid our attack)

About vigor thing, did you see sorc and wizard gear? We got only 2 gears give out vigor ( about 175 vigor each gear, average 600-650 vigor in total with average seeds + honing, don't tell me the imba red seeds cause it's hard to get). 

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just like Sarasah said, we need to"froze" our target before get that damage as you state, but don't you know that frost diver can miss too? Furthermore, like i said, even memorize or JT mastery, if you stun us before the animation end, skill will disappear ( even memorize is max, it still need 120s CD). What the points for short "cooldown "when skill can't hit people then ? ( and i still no mention that people can run behind us to attack and avoid our attack)

Oh boy... just once more.

Whereas a Warrior needs 50 rage points to cast Rage Strike (1140% damage), whereas the Ranger needs 5 Fear Breeze stacks to cast Vulcan Arrow (1306% damage) and whereas the Rogue needs 5 combo points to cast Moonlight Dance (1420% damage), the Sorcerer has the optional requirement to either cast Frost Diver or trigger a Crest first.

In case of a Wind Crest, it's triggered approx. on every third hit and then allows you to double the damage of the next 4 Blitz//Lightning skills. That means that you can cast four JTs with 1796% damage each. At worst, this can done that every 5sec, whereas Moonlight Dance, Rage Strike and other similar skills have a cooldown of at least 20sec.

So to repeat myself, it's far beyond my understanding, why a VCR and some other Sorcerers are whining about the possibility that such a skill that deals significantly more damage (26~57% more) than other skills while being usable four times as often can be interrupted by a stun attack.

It's even more fantastical to me, that now even a miss chance - that could happen to a 60sec G-Fist as well - is used as an argument.

Honestly, I don't want to offend you, but these reasons seem very questionable to me.

In fact, Jupitel Thunder rendered Varetyr Spear more or less useless, whereas Fireball made any focus on Fire Explosion a joke. So we should debate & find a resonable casting time & cooldown for these skills first.

About vigor thing, did you see sorc and wizard gear? We got only 2 gears give out vigor ( about 175 vigor each gear, average 600-650 vigor in total with average seeds + honing, don't tell me the imba red seeds cause it's hard to get).

Now, you're IMO entering a dangerous terrain as your analysis is quite narrow sighted-

How many gear parts does the Sorcerer have with Critical instead? Five, right? And how many Critical does the Sorcerer get per AGI? So in fact, the Sorcerer shares the lack of vigor with three other classes: Rogue, Wizard and Assassin. These are all classes with an overwhelming crit. chance! Sounds like a plan to me.

We could change that immediately:

Ain't Sorcerers and Wizards complaining about a lack of defense as well? So let's reduce the Critical bonus per AGI down to one and rather implement a bonus of +1 DEF per VIT instead... replacing half the gear boni on critical with vigor instead.

So sure, I invite you to request an equal distribution of gear stats among all classes as well as restoring an equal stat bonus for every class. That might end the "class <X> has more on <Y>" discussions and I would definitely support that one vehemently.

#13 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

Oh boy... just once more.

Whereas a Warrior needs 50 rage points to cast Rage Strike (1140% damage), whereas the Ranger needs 5 Fear Breeze stacks to cast Vulcan Arrow (1306% damage) and whereas the Rogue needs 5 combo points to cast Moonlight Dance (1420% damage), the Sorcerer has the optional requirement to either cast Frost Diver or trigger a Crest first.

In case of a Wind Crest, it's triggered approx. on every third hit and then allows you to double the damage of the next 4 Blitz//Lightning skills. That means that you can cast four JTs with 1796% damage each. At worst, this can done that every 5sec, whereas Moonlight Dance, Rage Strike and other similar skills have a cooldown of at least 20sec.

So to repeat myself, it's far beyond my understanding, why a VCR and some other Sorcerers are whining about the possibility that such a skill that deals significantly more damage (26~57% more) than other skills while being usable four times as often can be interrupted by a stun attack.

It's even more fantastical to me, that now even a miss chance - that could happen to a 60sec G-Fist as well - is used as an argument.

Honestly, I don't want to offend you, but these reasons seem very questionable to me.

In fact, Jupitel Thunder rendered Varetyr Spear more or less useless, whereas Fireball made any focus on Fire Explosion a joke. So we should debate & find a resonable casting time & cooldown for these skills first.

Now, you're IMO entering a dangerous terrain as your analysis is quite narrow sighted-

How many gear parts does the Sorcerer have with Critical instead? Five, right? And how many Critical does the Sorcerer get per AGI? So in fact, the Sorcerer shares the lack of vigor with three other classes: Rogue, Wizard and Assassin. These are all classes with an overwhelming crit. chance! Sounds like a plan to me.

We could change that immediately:

Ain't Sorcerers and Wizards complaining about a lack of defense as well? So let's reduce the Critical bonus per AGI down to one and rather implement a bonus of +1 DEF per VIT instead... replacing half the gear boni on critical with vigor instead.

So sure, I invite you to request an equal distribution of gear stats among all classes as well as restoring an equal stat bonus for every class. That might end the "class <X> has more on <Y>" discussions and I would definitely support that one vehemently.

About the crit, sorc and wizard are greater 5-7% than other classes ( basicly 34-35% if not pure Agi and don't have any +10 agi rune).  

ptional requirement to either cast Frost Diver or trigger a Crest first.

Frost diver work only pvp or on mob, can't work all boss, so in PVE we need to use. BUt in pvp, can people give us a time to cast our skill out ? Even the skill cast out, but if it has not hit the target, it mean nothing.

In case of a Wind Crest, it's triggered approx. on every third hit and then allows you to double the damage of the next 4 Blitz//Lightning skills

Should i said, it's just random with 30% chance. There was time  that i can't trigger my crest after 10 hit on guardian in WoE.

But well, for me, Sorc is okay with PvE . But to PvP, it's not a good choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users