Piece of fish - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Piece of fish

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Xenyph

Xenyph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

Hello,

my blacksmith got a 'piece of fish' in his inventory which refuses to go away. It also lets me have 1 weight, and that means the Mesmerist won't allow me to skill/stat reset. I've tried to relog, sell it, throw it away but I think I'm stuck with the tail of a stupid fish forever.

I hope you guys can help me out, thanks.

edit: I can do it on my storage though, it helps me out with problem 2, but still it's quite useless.

Edited by Xenyph, 10 November 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:31 AM

It's for the New World fishing system, and is account, but not character, bound. You get them from the fishing spots in new world, and you can get 10 and trade for 1 Cat Hand loyalty once a day.

#3 Xenyph

Xenyph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

Ah I thought so. But that means I have to get 10 first before they will go away?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

Yeah - you don't fish regularly to work up your cat hand loyalty? How do you deal with the lack of essential services in new world?

It's not out of keeping with RO to have quest-related items that don't go away until you finish the quest (which in this case, would catching 9 more and giving them to the kitties). I've got piles of items from other quests sitting around. I'm still finding Written Requests.

#5 Xenyph

Xenyph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

Well I just did the attunement quest on my Lord Knight (Now Rune Knight) to the Ash Vacuum. What I normally do is just talk to every NPC and see if they do/add something valuable to my journey to highend-content. So my first encounter with the cats was a bit unclear. I thought they did not explain the quest too well. It was like; If you want to you can mine and fish so you can unlock variable services that may come handy in the future. (Compare it with Kafra services) I can compare it with dailies/factions you have in World of Warcraft, but alot more unorganized.

So I clicked a couple of times on the 'School of fish'. Got myself a weird fish named Marlin and some fish pieces, then I got bored because everytime I talked with the 'Fishing quest cat', it said that I have to click on a school of fish to get the items they needed, but they did not say the requirement of it, or what I had to turn in. Just 'fish'.

The same question marks I have with the Nagas and Golems that have a blue glow under their feet, and others don't have that. But the difference is that they have a large difference in damage output as the blue glowed Naga is weaker then the one without it. Anyway that's something else.

I find quests really fun to do, but they have to be more specific about the question goals. Even the alt+u function is way too meager.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

Fishing: http://irowiki.org/w...t_Hand_Services

The naga/golem with aura are for warlock job change, and give no exp, and just make the map they're on suck for everyone else. There have been a fair number of complaints about this situation, and i think it's likely that something will be done about it (either making them give exp, making them non-aggro, or, ideally, copying the map and sending warlocks there instead). The quest monsters have got more hp than the normal ones, but they don't use skills. ("Why aren't they on their own map like all the other jobchange quest monsters?" you ask? Good question - the third job quests are not universally implemented, and many show signs of being thrown together without enough thought)

#7 Xenyph

Xenyph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

I will investigate more about the new content.

I hope they will find a solution then, killing them should atleast wield something good instead of nothing. And I hope they will adjust the loottable as well. I see mobs at level 40 drop 900 zeny items, while the boosted mobs like Kobold and Anacondaq still drop crap. Eventhough they drop materials for Rune Mastery and such. The same as you would expect that a hard monster drops a card that is good instead of something like adds 2% tolerance against sleep, and a noobie creature like Andre gives a 20M card with 20+ atk. But anyhow I'm just another complaining dude, I still love this game.

Edited by Xenyph, 10 November 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

That content is hardly new - New world is ~1 yr old.

Re mobs and what they drop, it's probably better for low level monsters to drop the better npcable loot (on ymir at least) to be perfectly honest - low level players will NPC loot, because they don't know any better, and they need the zeny more than we do. High level players know (usually) what to vend, what to hold onto, and have enough of a cash cushion that we don't _have_ to npc stuff.

#9 Xenyph

Xenyph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, but it would also add something to the grinding when you can collect something semi-important. Like a card album, that if you got the card by looting it, it will not copy the card inside, but just a confirmation that you got it. And if you got like 50 or 100 cards you can get some item. Just an idea, because brainless grinding has a limit as well hehe.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

They may put the card exchange npc in again (100 cards = 1 OCA), though they may be afraid to do so, as last time they screwed it up, and it was giving out tons of OCAs and forced a rollback (much like the one last week, only they had actually made a backup).

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 November 2010 - 12:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users