so many BOTs dying - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

so many BOTs dying

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

People have been DBing that map since the dawn of time, have the bots ever gone anywhere? No. There's no point trying to justify griefing when it isn't even doing what you're defending.

Edited by Alaska, 23 August 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#27 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Its fun!

#28 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

there are plenty of maps and quests in ragnarok for new players.

I do see the point of frustration for new players if they do constantly die to DB's. However, if DBing a map can show the amount of bots that are in it and it can properly be sent to the GM's, there may be hope that they take action which will free these maps for the new players to level with less competition.

I know relying on the GM's to take action if a far off dream but I still dream of that day! lol

I mean if a player can fish out the bots, shouldn't the GM's be able to?

it doesn't require DBing a map to see that those are bots. you can report them without griefing real players too

#29 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Don't think its "fun" if you chase off newer players who are trying to level, pretty sure that's grieving.

#30 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

Its not fun to see that buff bots across prontera either.

But its fun for the gm.

#31 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

All that does is discourage legitimate new players and does nothing to stop bots. So, whoever does this, please STOP!

Even some new players enjoy deadbranches imo..i remember at that exact spot in payon 3 years ago, i was amazed with the presence of random high level monsters as a newbie archer,which made me thought about how wide RO universe is..

I even tried to kill a monster which i believe was a dimik, hoping to find a high value item from it..as an archer..

You can only come across a limited number of monsters as a newbie, and DBs make it so that those monsters you never heard of come to YOU.

Edited by zefram, 23 August 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#32 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Even some new players enjoy deadbranches imo..i remember at that exact spot in payon 3 years ago, i was amazed with the presence of random high level monsters as a newbie archer,which made me thought about how wide RO universe is..

I even tried to kill a monster which i believe was a dimik, hoping to find a high value item from it..as an archer..

You can only come across a limited number of monsters as a newbie, and DBs make it so that those monsters you never heard of come to YOU.

That's the kind of logic I'd expect from that guy who started the Intelligence thread.

#33 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

I just automatically assume that the people against dbing bots are the owners of bot-farms.

And it makes sense, since they are the people with the highest post counts. I guess you have plenty of time to spend on the forum when your bots are doing all the work for you :)

#34 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

I just automatically assume that the people against dbing bots are the owners of bot-farms.

And it makes sense, since they are the people with the highest post counts. I guess you have plenty of time to spend on the forum when your bots are doing all the work for you :)

Considering some of the things I've read on the forums, you should feel proud; this may have been one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while.

#35 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Considering some of the things I've read on the forums, you should feel proud; this may have been one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while.

Alaska has six letters, so does "botter."

Coincidence? I think not.

#36 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

So does Baddie

#37 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Or they are people who know what it's like to not be able to complete a quest either because they can't kill required monster or get required item cause some moron DBed the map the monster is on

There has probably been countless times over the years I have been force to buy a botted Item because I couldn't go farm it myself because of DBs.

I say probably because I don't know if the merchant I bought from botted the items or not but they probably did.

Edited by tigriss216, 24 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#38 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

So does Baddie

That's true, but my name isn't baddie, so i don't see where you are going with this, Inubashiri.

Wait a sec... Inubashiri... Inu... Bash...Shiri...

I

need

use

bot

and

sometimes

have

in

ragnarok

international

I'm onto you!

#39 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

cept its i-nu-ba-shi-ri

#40 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

It was quite spectacular!

screenChaos090_zps1be51cae.jpg

laughing-lol-crazy-l.png

#41 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

A little random question... why ragnastats bots inmediatly run to grab some items? They are supposed to do that? But why if their funcion is not that?....

#42 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

bot is bot.... dont be afraid to say you can ask for a buff via a real person.

you dont need those buff bots.

#43 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Don't think its "fun" if you chase off newer players who are trying to level, pretty sure that's grieving.

BvBNx2yIMAAeL0t_zps2270c786.jpg

#44 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

People have been DBing those maps since the dawn of time, as too have peoples been reporting bots,  have the bots ever gone away? No.

To be honest I do doubt if GM can actually trace to the owner of those framing bots and ban them.

Yes I know it takes a lot of things to do to a GM to ban a bot, so I don't really mind bots now. Play with them, or leave iRO and find another things to do.

#45 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

A little random question... why ragnastats bots inmediatly run to grab some items? They are supposed to do that? But why if their funcion is not that?....

If they use their bot for other reason aside from getting items from storage and buffing people, then they would have been suspended a long time ago. The only reason that they are still there is because they are beneficial to other people without actually gaining any profit.

#46 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

This whole DBing to kill bots(as annoying as they all are) is one of the reasons that account numbers should have been limited per person. Something along the lines of what kRO did would have been nice, but it is too hard to do that now with people who have 15+ accounts because of the zeny limit and VERY limited storage. Plus the only way to deal with how messed up everything is right now would be a complete server reset...which would drop the population by 75%+.

#47 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

geez, just stop being cheap and buy from fly wings

#48 TooDestinyX

TooDestinyX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

I have a simple question here, why GMs dont check this? i mean, like Fuyukikun say, "when u spawn at payon, u will see many bots sitting at spawn place" so, this make easy to know who is a bot right?

They have a lot of technology at their disposal actually on there side, there problem is with the inconsistency of the cards and items in cash shop, so in lack beast moves are being done on the people.

#49 TooDestinyX

TooDestinyX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:18 AM

That's the kind of logic I'd expect from that guy who started the Intelligence thread.

Manners of hypocrites is not a well song.

#50 TooDestinyX

TooDestinyX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

there are several maps that need to be checked DAILY and have all the bots removed...

This guy seems to know what they should be able to do with their technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users