Suggestion for the front page - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion for the front page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

It might be a good idea to have some kind of indicator on the main page when a game server is under maintenance. Most people who have been playing their respective game for awhile know the maintenance times, but someone new to the game might be wondering why they can't connect. Something simple like a red box that says "Under Maintenance!" or "Temporarily Offline!" similar to how RO currently has "Triple Spawns!"

#2 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

I think this is a great idea, However i think something on the patcher is the best idea....and right now they have the maintenance times clearly listed on the patcher so as the times are near the top of the list players should have no trouble understanding why they cant connect.

#3 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

Right now, for RO, the maintenance times are at the top of the patcher, yes. However, when maintenance is at it's usual hours, new players could get confused.

I agree, though, that something in the patcher would be better, but I'm not sure how much control we have over the patch client, compared to the website. I'm not familiar with the patch clients (if there is one) for the other games, but for RO, putting a bar under "Ragnarok Server Notice" stating the date and times maintenance will be underway when the server's under maintenance would be a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users