Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 9/03/2014~ - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 3:00PM PST! 9/03/2014~

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

What is now with the returned Insurancescrolls?

wait a few days. 

-

not agreeing with the vending machine prices on the insurance. at current market value those are extremely expensive. since 5 silver coins = 40-50g (soul stack) x 4 (20 silver coins) = 160-200g 

at 1:4 rate that would mean 20 silver coins = 5 blue insurance as opposed to 1..

but at least they're in there now. 

#27 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

wait a few days. 

-

not agreeing with the vending machine prices on the insurance. at current market value those are extremely expensive. since 5 silver coins = 40-50g (soul stack) x 4 (20 silver coins) = 160-200g 

at 1:4 rate that would mean 20 silver coins = 5 blue insurance as opposed to 1..

but at least they're in there now. 

are you complaining about free insurance that you can get without paying money for? the players are lucky that it even in the vending machine. you cant compare real life money with in game gold. work hard and farm those coin, they losing money just by putting the insurance in the vending machine.

#28 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

are you complaining about free insurance that you can get without paying money for? the players are lucky that it even in the vending machine. you cant compare real life money with in game gold. work hard and farm those coin, they losing money just by putting the insurance in the vending machine.

yep, I wholeheartedly agree with this. they're free bethankful that they even allowed this. put some work in and farm those coins. it's not hard at all.

#29 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

seems like some players are upset that there's been an some sort of buffer between p2w and f2p players.

and no i don't need to farm, i don't even need to upgrade anything. but that's besides the point. if the whole goal, which was stated, was to make this less p2w then yes very good, that's been met with this maintenance, albeit somewhat. but at the same time, i can't really say i would prefer players to no-life this game, farming silver coins at the current drop rate just for a insurance.

it takes anywhere between 800-900 insurance both blue and yellow to +20 and legend a full set of gear, this includes belt and shield.

simply do the math to how much farming that would take for f2p players. i'm not saying it should be just as easy to obtain insurance as it is for cash players, not at all. but, it should at least be realistic. 

anywhere between 10-15 silver coins at the current drop rate would be ideal. not too hard, not too easy, while taking a certain level of commitment as well as providing a 'sample' like situation for new players. 

however, a real concern of mine was to make it tradeable from players and in market. this would help alleviate some of the scamming go around.

#30 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationAssindia, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:24 PM

seems like some players are upset that there's been an some sort of buffer between p2w and f2p players.

and no i don't need to farm, i don't even need to upgrade anything. but that's besides the point. if the whole goal, which was stated, was to make this less p2w then yes very good, that's been met with this maintenance, albeit somewhat. but at the same time, i can't really say i would prefer players to no-life this game, farming silver coins at the current drop rate just for a insurance.

it takes anywhere between 800-900 insurance both blue and yellow to +20 and legend a full set of gear, this includes belt and shield.

simply do the math to how much farming that would take for f2p players. i'm not saying it should be just as easy to obtain insurance as it is for cash players, not at all. but, it should at least be realistic. 

anywhere between 10-15 silver coins at the current drop rate would be ideal. not too hard, not too easy, while taking a certain level of commitment as well as providing a 'sample' like situation for new players. 

however, a real concern of mine was to make it tradeable from players and in market. this would help alleviate some of the scamming go around.

Calm down noxis. I was told they're in a testing phase and try to find a good balance... It's something new for them - as it is for the "veteran" players here...

First - and I'm sure you agree with me - the prices for Petfood and Mountfood are great.

You know that the insurance scrolls were sellable on the EU-servers and their prices were lately around 100 - 120 Gold each for the blue ones and about 150 Gold for the yellow ones. But it was easier to get gold, because the open market prices were generally higher. The economy worked that way in the EU.

The only problem comparing the silver coins to gold is, that I can spend gold immediately when I have it, but farming the silver coins can be very time consuming and frustrating due to the extremely fluctuating drop rate of these. Some day you get - let's say 30 in 6 hours and some day you end up with 12 in the same time. 

I agree with you, 20 silver coins is way too expensive for only ONE scroll. 10-15 silver coins for one or 25 coins for two sounds great.

Since ShazamO said in the current update "not tradeable YET" I hope these 4 items (petfood, mountfood, both types of scrolls) will be made tradeable and sellable (in the open market) in the near feature.

But there is one thing that makes me nervous... Until today, the silver coins only were an event drop. And I never got an answer to the question if the silver coins will now be dropped for good...

Or is this really just an event? Because I saw you wrote it under "Events"... Or will they stay in?

Edited by yurioj75, 04 September 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#31 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

First of all :  :thx:  for this possibility.

This for sure is the right direction to go for a less pay to win environment.  :ok:

I know that this is not only completely new to many players on here, but to the whole staff and company too. And because it's new to everyone it sure does come with some hiccups from time to time. Hiccups that need adjustments based on community and company feelings and opinions.

As Yuri already stated above I believe we are in some sort of testing phase. Right ShazamO?

So here comes my very own opinion + the opinions of the people I was able to get in game today morning (which are basically the same/ or at least very similar):

First - and I'm sure you agree with me - the prices for Petfood and Mountfood are great.

Agreed 100%  :ok:

Those prices are fair, accepted and loved by anyone in game I have spoken to, including my very own opinion.

(Actually the people thought 1 day pet/ 1 day mount food would be put back in for a more fair price - and now we got THIS.  :p_hi:

Lots of happy faces in game  :heh: )

not agreeing with the vending machine prices on the insurance. at current market value those are extremely expensive. 

+1 ( and +1 from about anyone in game I spoke to)

Insurance scrolls are insurance scrolls and should not! - should not - be given out like free candy. 

But the current pricing (under the point they are not tradeable YET) is too high. This is not "working for something to achieve", this is "farming like there is no life/tomorrow". At the moment we are at a point of pure frustration on the farming site of things and not on the point of working hard for something to achieve that is "worth" the time and effort it takes. 

Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate it very much to see the insurance scrolls in the vending machine and we all appreciate it to work for getting them. This is a great great step into the right direction. But at current pricing it is more like working for frustration instead of the feeling  to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I personally like farming and to work for things, but this time I have to agree. Sadly my very own opinion on the matter is the same one as the one from Noxis, Yuri and all the people in game I spoke to about this matter.. I think the insurance scrolls are "priced" too high in the vending machine and need a little adjustment downwards.  :ok:

+1 (and +1 from anyone I spoke to in game)

Actually the pricing around 12 to the maximum of 15 silver coins for one insurance scroll was the one that I got told by most players in game.

And it is the one I personally agree with too. 

But if you would for example put in 2 insurance scrolls at once priced for 25 silver coins each, the in game people as well as me too, would be very happy too.  This is something the people in game suggested and asked me to forward it to you.  :ok:

We, as community, would appreciate it to see you think about the insurance scroll pricing in the vending machine again.

Thank you very much.  :p_smile:

#32 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

Aaargh.... :wah:  I don't get the blue gem stone and golden key login reward.. I get...

Tadaa... the Virgo Star Stone... (who ever had anticipated this?)  :pif:

Please fix that... 

#33 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

Confirmed.  Sadly. :p_sleep:

And there it is again, the little golden virgo star stone secretly sneaking in and stealing all of the blue gemstones/golden keys....

Those sneaky little buggers........  :p_devil:

We need a fix.  :ok:

#34 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

The IT-/Maintenance team seems to have a very special relationship to Virgo Star Stones...  :rice:

#35 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

If you guys do a server restart for the log in reward fix be sure to give us a heads up in game Since some of us aren't POW A-f-k-e-r-s and actually do stuff in game a sudden restart would be annoying. 

#36 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

I will poke the producer about the log-in event right now. We will give in-game announcements and announcements here on when the restart is.

A Server Restart will occur at 12:00 PM PST Today! To resolve the Log-in Item issue.

#37 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

I see the servers are up again.

#38 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

Regarding the Insurance Scrolls, they will be given by the end of this week. It's currently being worked on.

Servers are back up! Sorry.. lots of meetings today.

#39 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

And the login reward is still not "dropping"...

Now we just get... nothing.  :hmm:

Edit:

It seems some people get one and some people not. Maybe the case if the people got their maximum amount of this Virgo Star Stones before the last server restart. I'll observe this.

Edit 2:

What is happening here? I tried to change from Fungoid Village to Ruined Mushroom Factory and  to God's Sanctuary and got:

"Returned back since map change has failed"

on Channel 3

"Puff towering" to God's Sanctuary also not working on Ch. 3.

Not sure what other maps don't work on Channel 3...

Oh these errors today... This will give me a real sheepless night   :heh:

Edited by yurioj75, 04 September 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#40 Nephryl

Nephryl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

I actually got that "returned back...." error quite a few time but I don't really remmeber where, although I am sure it was on ch 3 , and I got that yesterday when I tried to enter virgo map  in " rare mode" (ch3 again) , but when I tried normal it worked .

#41 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Looking into the Log-in issue... hopefully it works properly.

So I didn't get the item but when speaking to other players in-game, they did. I will need to poke around more.

#42 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Guys...........really?   :p_sleep:

Another maint, another "error".

- we had virgo star stones dropping at events they shouldn't have (twice now)

- we had balloon boxes dropping, as they should

- we had no balloon boxes dropping, at a time they should have

-we once again had virgo star stones at a time we should have had blue gemstones

- and now:

the monsters drop alphabet gacha box nr 1 (the worlddrop)

........and it seems the blue gemstone login reward stopped dropping again......it seems (not 100% sure on this one yet)

........but the alphabet gacha box nr 1 worddrop is fact

We need a fix, asap.  :ok:

And this time pretty please with the right event "drop" going.......

You know, it was funny at first. Stopped being funny in between and now........it's kinda getting funny again. In a very strange and very sad way though........... :p_err:

#43 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

........and it seems the blue gemstone login reward stopped dropping again......it seems (not 100% sure on this one yet)

It seems you're right... No login reward for my char anymore...

But what is better than alphabet gasha world drops??? :heh:

(it seems I had a clown for breakfast today...)

Edit: I got my login reward after about 45 minutes (???)

Edited by yurioj75, 05 September 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#44 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

I got all my regular insurance back <3 now just waiting for all the reinforced~

#45 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

It seems you're right... No login reward for my char anymore...

But what is better than alphabet gasha world drops??? :heh:

(it seems I had a clown for breakfast today...)

Dang.

Confirmed, no log in reward anymore..........

Oh wait, I just found an "A" in my alphabet world drop gasha box 1.........lucky me  :p_devil:

EDIT:

the login reward is back, yay!

But the alphabet gasha boxes are still dropping from the monsters.......

Edited by Fliederduft78, 05 September 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#46 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

So Keys and Stones should be given to you, it took me like 45 minutes to receive it though. Odd~

And the Word Gasha boxes are dropping for another week! Weee.

#47 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

So Keys and Stones should be given to you, it took me like 45 minutes to receive it though. Odd~

Cool, and what shall we do with the Word Gasha boxes #1 only?

Throw over board, like the drunken sailor?  :heh:

(what shall we do with the...  :p_hi: )

Edited by yurioj75, 05 September 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#48 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Yay.  :p_laugh:

And what exactly do we do with just the world drop gasha box nr 1?

(to actually use them, for example building the word Drive, we need the log in reward alphabet gasha box too.....)

and that one isn't dropping anymore.....sure...........but.........you get what I want to say I guess  :p_smile:

???

Edited by Fliederduft78, 05 September 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#49 yurioj75

yurioj75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Yay.  :p_laugh:

And what exactly do we do with just the world drop gasha box nr 1?
(to actually use them, for example building the word Drive, we need the log in reward alphabet gasha box too.....)
and that one isn't dropping anymore.....sure...........but.........you get what I want to say I guess  :p_smile:
???

Let's wait until the next server maint... Then they will drop again... or Virgo star stones, or maybe... pigs from the heaven above... (just kidding)  :heh:
Laugh away, guys... 

"At first, it was funny; then it just got sad, but then it got funny again!" (Keith in the game Left4Dead 2)

Edited by yurioj75, 05 September 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#50 TheCristall

TheCristall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

login-in reward works without problem (but you wont get any if you already got them before server restart)

Edited by TheCristall, 05 September 2014 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users