• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 majo87

majo87

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Feelin' weak, should I discontinue my ranger or keep hoping this class will be fixed soon?

#2 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

HOPE WE GET FIXED! <3. I've been playing ranger since basically launch. I just recently made a rogue, but I still love my ranger. MAH BABY

#3 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Honestly? Probably I don't have any hopes for this impending "balance" for Rangers that's coming up. If anything it'll most likely just be nerfs to everything.

#4 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

Some feeling for my sorcerer ~ 

#5 majo87

majo87

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

all other classes got op buffs, and rangers got hell nothin but agi buff.. too low damage, too low attack, too low dps, short range "ranger" skills broken and food for the other classes. 

:p_sad:  i have to quit soon.

"Rangers: envy the traxex and windrunner of RO2 :sob: "

#6 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Seriously? I thought Rangers were strong in the DPS category. The dungeon parties are always on the lookout for Warriors and Rangers. And while we're here, I might as well ask, aren't Rangers the best, uh, farmers?

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

Seriously? I thought Rangers were strong in the DPS category. The dungeon parties are always on the lookout for Warriors and Rangers. And while we're here, I might as well ask, aren't Rangers the best, uh, farmers?

As soon as you hit Master Level rangers die off hard in DPS category,there are alot of issues with skills not working correctly or getting correct bonuses or in some cases like FA don't get a bonus from Elements so falcons become usesless.

#8 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

Really now, must be some sort of placebo with the Ranger love I've been seeing then? XD What takes the spot for top DPS then? Besides, broken warriors. D:

Sorry to hear that tho, OP. But I wouldn't abandon a Ranger if I had one; I mean, things suddenly change. Look at all that Assassin hate since the buff just a couple of weeks ago.

#9 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Really now, must be some sort of placebo with the Ranger love I've been seeing then? XD What takes the spot for top DPS then? Besides, broken warriors. D:

Sorry to hear that tho, OP. But I wouldn't abandon a Ranger if I had one; I mean, things suddenly change. Look at all that Assassin hate since the buff just a couple of weeks ago.

Guess you're talking about PvE DPS: Then it's most likely:

Crecentia (dual pets) > Assassin (insane CD) > Warrior (broken BT).

And IMO, Rangers should give up on their class and play Thiefs, Priests or Warriors, because Gravity is unable and unwilling to balance this game and even some players stated "Heals are just fine" or "BT is ok"... so no hope at all.

#10 bheb03

bheb03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

better switch to Aura Kingdom Ranger Class, not broken unlike here in ro2

#11 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

better switch to Aura Kingdom Ranger Class, not broken unlike here in ro2

I played that game for like an hour then uninstalled it was so not my style

#12 ArPOHOM

ArPOHOM

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAstana, KZ
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:30 AM

Any changes in 2017?
I was playing my ranger till 2013 or 2014. Always was feeling weak. Now at ML40 it's kinda good (thanx to my guildmates and friends  :thx:  ),

but still I see some other classes got much more advantages in DPS, VIT, or some skills etc. Before some patch rangers could farm and loot being hided, but now it's impossible. I don't see any other advantages. My average damage at mobs in Forgotten Payon is ~3k by single hit. Is it bad or not? Considering the fact that I'm being hit on ~10k and more by single punch while have ~38k HP. I've noticed long time ago that mostly STR is affecting the damage and everything, while AGI is almost useless. Well VIT sometimes is helpfull for suviving. I made 50/50 STR/AGI so I got some nice criticals and a lot of misses that is also helpfull to survive under massive attack :p_smile: . But I want really, you know Reeealllly high attack speed. Is that they call 'vigor'? So I become thinking how to make STR/Vigor build? In that case ranger could be the one good DPS. Any suggestions how can I make this happen?  :hmm:

#13 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

Any changes in 2017?
I was playing my ranger till 2013 or 2014. Always was feeling weak. Now at ML40 it's kinda good (thanx to my guildmates and friends  :thx:  ),

but still I see some other classes got much more advantages in DPS, VIT, or some skills etc. Before some patch rangers could farm and loot being hided, but now it's impossible. I don't see any other advantages. My average damage at mobs in Forgotten Payon is ~3k by single hit. Is it bad or not? Considering the fact that I'm being hit on ~10k and more by single punch while have ~38k HP. I've noticed long time ago that mostly STR is affecting the damage and everything, while AGI is almost useless. Well VIT sometimes is helpfull for suviving. I made 50/50 STR/AGI so I got some nice criticals and a lot of misses that is also helpfull to survive under massive attack :p_smile: . But I want really, you know Reeealllly high attack speed. Is that they call 'vigor'? So I become thinking how to make STR/Vigor build? In that case ranger could be the one good DPS. Any suggestions how can I make this happen?  :hmm:

Not a Ranger expert, but I know enough about game formulas to talk about stats:

2017 - Not much for balance yet. General change is that cards are much easier to refine and to get to +10, so everyone gets a bit stronger if they want to spend money. Since not much has been done in terms of balance, rangers will remain low tier. The only noticeable advantage is being fast and being able to hide, but those are almost entirely PVP benefits only.

Rangers should have pretty low damage against tigers because they have high enough defence to cut down your damage to 25% only. Really, most classes will have low damage unless they use damage-over-time skills which have no damage penalty. Unless you're a Crescentia, you shouldn't care too much about damaging tigers anyways.

Rangers aren't a tank class, it's normal to be hit hard and killed easily by end-game monsters.

STR is okay, its better than AGI because 1) you don't use Dodge in PVE 2) you'll get enough Critical from your armors, party buff, and Pump it Harder Pills 3) Hit doesn't do too much. STR still isn't great but it is the only option for some areas to increase your damage. STR has a low impact on the damage calculation, most of it comes from 1) Weapon 2) Refinement Level 3) Power seed and other "Additional Damage Increase" buffs. 

Vigor is lower cooldown for most of your skills, so yes, that's a good choice for attacking fast. Cast speed is only good for Charge Arrow skill so it depends how often you want to use that skill. Haste is terrible, it only affects your normal attacks. So yes, STR/Vigor is a decent build if you're only looking to do damage.

In the end, the numbers don't lie. Rangers are not able to deal as much damage as other DPS focused classes with the same amount of investment at this time. It is up to you whether or not that will be important to you, but I personally prefer to play something I love rather than "the best class"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users