Party Members getting invisible in Jacob Shrine - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Party Members getting invisible in Jacob Shrine

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

JS Bug: *update*
I guess this Topic has been discussed by long now but i am now sure if this has been posted here.
While playing in a group in Jacob Shrine the party members getting randomly invisible. You are not
able to see the party member but still remains in Party Window. Sometimes you can see the party member
not even on mini-map also. The bug seems to be random (in some parties more or less.)

Current Client Side Fix for this Bug:
Click ESC and go to Game Settings than go to Keyboard and scroll down to until you see a writer called:
System. And set Keys for: Show Hide UI and Show Hide Characters. I if your party mate is invible click
a few times on those 2 Keys you have set until you see the party mate again

While playing in a Party the bug is massively annoying. Also if someone is affected by this bug
the healer is not able to heal the party mate which is invisible.

Involved Locations
Jacob Shrine
Ruins of Lament (confirmed by Nadesh)
Wrecked Ship
Theme Battlefield (confirmed by Crftwise)

Edited by Arktur, 05 August 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

It also happen in other places.

Today i was in party near Refugee Quarter (Numaren) and the other player come on the wingrider, and when went down i couldnt see it.

And also happen in RoL, and other open world places.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

Dont know if happen in all places, but looks like the chars cam get invisible after go out of the wingrider too.

#4 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

Dont know if happen in all places, but looks like the chars cam get invisible after go out of the wingrider too.

Aye..... seen (or not seen)invisible people in TB as well.

#5 Spieler09

Spieler09

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

happend yesterday in ion mine a friend cant see me

#6 corp1992

corp1992

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

Fix it lol -.-' is it hard or wtf? another bug a dead bug -.- u cant show/hide Ui cus its dont works its says party members is dead......

#7 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

Not only in Themes, the problem is getting serious in FOC also. Getting killed by invisible players...annoying... :o Now players with stealth on are visible, and invisible without it. Rogues start to take stealth away from your builds. :unsure:

#8 TwoMinutesHate

TwoMinutesHate

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Send bug description and screen shots to https://support.warp...mNewTicket.aspx

Department - Choose One - Requiem Support
Display Name
Email Address
Game Account ID
Character Name
Server
Subject
Message Body
Browse for and select attachments (screen shots)

This is the most helpful course of action, as it may not happen to everyone.

#9 Vasuman

Vasuman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

I have also noticed it in DS, but not on party members, sometimes the mobs go invisible - lol :)

#10 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:17 AM

We have not been able to fully document this issue yet, as we have been unable to replicate what is being described. As TwoMinutesHate mentions above, and thank you for pointing out, send screen shot images attached to a support ticket with a brief description of the bug so we can properly document it for reporting.

WarpPortal Support > New Ticket
https://support.warp...mNewTicket.aspx

#11 corp1992

corp1992

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

just one question :( if u dont see something how can make a screenshot from it? :)

#12 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

For the sake of better reporting, I am going to assume you are not joking, although you may very well be.

If you cannot screen shot something, then screen shot the lack of something, regardless if invisible party members skill effects and such can be seen, it should be easy enough to screen shot the problem.

In addition, we have reported this problem but we would like to add further details to that report, hopefully making it easier for development to identify the source of the problem.

#13 Sykosi

Sykosi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:03 AM

I had this issue yesterday, about 5 of us were defending a flag in STB when those lvl 7x dragon mobs starting running up the hill towards us apparently chasing nothing but thin air....

Then after a few seconds i started to get hit with fire balls even tho i could not see anybody anywhere, after about 15s or so a shaman randomly appeared in the middle of all of us lol

No SS since i was not expecting it and didnt no what was going on at the time.

#14 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:57 PM

Nice to see that GMs are involved now into that topic also. The bug still seems to happen randomly as mentioned before. I thought that some guys here also post some screenshots according to the issue / topic to prove the fact of party members getting invisible. During next Jacob Shrine runs i will make some screenshots and post it here.

#15 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

Very much Appreciated, Arktur

#16 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

We were doing Plugger yesterday.... What a nightmare. No ;) I could see 2 people outta 12... I mean come on.I can't see how you can't reproduce this bug. Take a party of GM's in there or ask to tag along in a raid.... You will see mighty fast how bad it is. Every time I go in JS there is always invisible people.

#17 Mooi

Mooi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationNumaren Nagas

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

its gets annoying in foc 2 i see im getting dmg on my screen
but i dont see the enemie and the combat chat dont give any hits

#18 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

I actually wanted to make this post a bit earlier but ... anyways here is a attempt to bring you guys the Jacob Shrine Bug a bit closer with the help of a few Screenshots. The bug with invisible party mates happens random. If you want to reproduce that bug, you need to get in a small group of people and go to Jacob Shrine and hunt there a few mobs. After a bit of time some party members of your group will get randomly invisible. You cant see them on your Screen but you can see them on the mini map.

Down here are 3 Screenshots. i hope they are not to big. I actually did resize them to make them
a bit smaller. Yes i did actually censored some stuff, but its still enough to see whats important.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thx to Metalmachine and Seraphymus for spending some time to do the screenshots.

Please folks ... post also some Screenshots if you have the Bug of People getting invisible, thx!

Edited by Arktur, 16 August 2010 - 10:57 AM.

#19 Metalmachine

Metalmachine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationIn the hearth of hell
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

That damn bug maked me die 3 times becose healer cant see me so wee maked trick using { and } to awoid desapearing but its realy anoying anc even if i vant to help power lvling my ppl how than i can count on security while healer luse them on heals
also some times aoes are invisible or wee all get black >> i love black lol make me more metal XD << but eh bug is still anoying :P :lol: :D :D :D :lol:

#20 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

Well, i have this for now:

It can happen when people go down of the wingrider. It also can happen in other dungeons like RoL.

In SL, i notice that it happens when the character enter to the room with mobs: the party is outside the door and you can see them all, but when they pass the door, some become ramdomly invisible and unselectable.

Also, yesterday i saw it happening in another way, and i am 100% sure of this: in the rooms with the dogs, there is a cloud of red mist in the floor, when the player enter to the mist, it become invisible and untargetable.

If the mist is one of the things that cause it, plz, gravity, fix it but dont delete it.

#21 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the detail everyone, I think I have enough to update the bug report with now. By the way I have also updated the bug report status list just now: http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/2765-requiem-bug-reports-community-status-list/

I will try to finish my other work in time to update and resend the Hidden Party Members Bug Report today.

#22 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hitting hide/show character -key multiple times MAY fix it. And I mean multiple. Like 20 times when 1 person goes invisible.. Even then the person is likely to go invisible again in next room.

#23 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

In order for the hide/show key to work for me I had to change it to another button.. I can either push it 10+ times to get ppl visible again or push it once leave it off until they show up(few secs). I stopped healing pt's for JS now, its not the way I choose to pick out the A-holes in the community as they yell at me for their unfortunate death.

Owait I quit healing period! forgot I'm not playing this anymore right now.. or anything for that matter, unless u count RL as a game.

Thanks Helium for taking the time to check into this.. its been a very annoying little bug, almost as annoying as being an Assassin without Stealth. Maybe if they're unable to fix Stealth bug they can swap this inv bug to be Assassin exclusive thing, random stealth would be better than none at all :lol:

#24 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Scheduled Maintenance: Thursday August 26th, 2010 following game fixes and updates:

Bug Fixes:

• Possession Beast Damage inproperly displayed -> fixed
  • Character disappearing while in instant dungeon and fields is fixed.
  • Following quests can now be completed without errors:

Lets hope that invisible time has come to an end =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users