Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 9/16 - Page 2 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 9/16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

-shrugs- that's just how they decided to do it. It's really inconvenient for newer players cause of the account cap - whereas older players like me have like 7 accounts attached to the same WP so I have endless slots for transferring in.

#27 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

Answer from last week:

"Actually, yea we can look into doing that."

"It was set originally so that you didn't have as much chance to go over the 30,000; actually, it was much lower."

24:14 - 25:12

https://www.youtube....AD9Fd1y4#t=1520

Thanks! Does 30k acutally refer to the brownie points? Even if you could trade up to 100 trans scrolls at a time it would only be 3k. You can't have over 30k of any one item anyways.

Watching an hour long video to see if and/or when a question was answered isn't the easiest.

Hopefully Oda will continue to post the answers here like he normally does.

Consider this situation: main acc has 9 charas, 2 alt accs have 3 charas. Now, I wish to have a new character in my first account. Actually, I want to add 3.

It sure feels pretty dumb that I need to purchase vip on an alt account just to have the 6 more slots knowing you won't use it, then to add on you use the transfer service, which is again another cost.

I can delete my 3 characters on an alt acc so I can transfer them all at 1 go, but that makes me lose my characters.

I could delete 1 of them instead and transfer 1 by 1, but the cost of transfer makes it extremely inefficient.

I guess you could say I find the system inflexible? Having additional slots but not being able to create characters on those slots feels weird to me.

The first statement it sounds like you are talking about wanting to add a 3 characters on your main acct that already has 9. That's never been an option or possible. The limit is 9 per acct. Yes those of us playing prior to the merge, which had created characters, on the other servers, have more than 9.

On your other accounts all you have to do is get VIP for 1 month, which gives you the 1500 back in kp anyways, & you can create 9 characters. You don't have to keep paying for VIP to have the extra characters on an account ;)

#28 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the response razzez. I would like to point out that you may have misunderstood my intention though...

I want more characters on the main account, not the alt accounts. You can do that by transferring characters from an alt account to the main account to bypass the 9 character cap.

The problem is my alt accounts already have 3 characters each. This means I would need to purchase VIP for an alt account that I don't use for leveling, make 3 characters, then pay the transfer fee for transferring 3 characters, which would be a total of 2500kp. This is not including the amount paid for VIP.

I haven't actually heard of any other game where the max number of characters is increased by transferring characters from another account...

#29 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:13 PM

Your welcome but I'm not sure what I misunderstood.

All you have to do is get the 30 day VIP for $15 & you get 1500 kafra points back. Then you can make 9 characters on each of those accounts & they will still be able to be used after the 30 days.

The maximum number of chars per account is 9. There isn't a way to bypass that or move characters between accounts. You can change the character positions on the same account. Not change from one account to another.

Gravity, RO, is a lot different than other games. There are zeny limits, vend limits, trade limits, etc...

#30 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

We still get recycled old headgears in lucky boxes. Its time to get new ones specially costumes.
Would it be possible to get Costume tail ribbon and Costume: Shelter Wing Ears for the upcoming boxes?

jRo link for the headgears: http://ragnarokonlin...lydarkness.html

Costume shelter wing ears picture (it takes middle slot):

Spoiler

Edited by Beata, 16 September 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#31 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

You can have up to 27 charas on one account - you have to transfer them off another acct attached to the same WP. It costs WPE to do and is under value added services I believe.

Unless you mean the slots because you're non-VIP. VIPing will unlock up to 9.

You are, in fact, able to bypass the 9 character limit by transferring characters over, as long as they share the same WP account.

e.g. my WP account has 3 RO accounts. Account 1 has 9 characters and account 2 has 3 characters.

By paying a fee of 1500kp, I can transfer 1 character from account 2 into account 1, making my total character number become 10. This has been done by others already.

If you choose to transfer more than 1 character in 1 go, you pay 1500kp + 500kp per character additional. 3 characters at one go requires 1500 + 500 + 500 = 2500kp.

On the other hand transferring 2 characters individually(not in 1 go) costs 1500 + 1500 = 3000kp.

And this is what I'm complaining about, that we are able to increase slots, but only via a roundabout method of creating and transferring.

The slots are there, so why not open them? Even if not for free, I'm sure there are other people out there willing to pay for the service...

#32 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

Cause they want $$!

#33 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

You are, in fact, able to bypass the 9 character limit by transferring characters over, as long as they share the same WP account.

e.g. my WP account has 3 RO accounts. Account 1 has 9 characters and account 2 has 3 characters.

By paying a fee of 1500kp, I can transfer 1 character from account 2 into account 1, making my total character number become 10. This has been done by others already.

If you choose to transfer more than 1 character in 1 go, you pay 1500kp + 500kp per character additional. 3 characters at one go requires 1500 + 500 + 500 = 2500kp.

On the other hand transferring 2 characters individually(not in 1 go) costs 1500 + 1500 = 3000kp.

And this is what I'm complaining about, that we are able to increase slots, but only via a roundabout method of creating and transferring.

The slots are there, so why not open them? Even if not for free, I'm sure there are other people out there willing to pay for the service...

I'm not sure why you think this, and/or keep saying this. The only ones that have more than the 9 chars are those of us that had chars, on the other servers, prior to the merge.

The item in the Kafra Shop, is for "Position Change", on the same account, NOT for moving chars between accounts. This would defeat the whole purpose of having VIP in order to create up to 9 chars.

I've already said how you can create more than 3 chars on an account. Just get VIP for 30 days. It's that simple ;)

#34 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Oda, no answers being posted this week either?

#35 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm not sure why you think this, and/or keep saying this. The only ones that have more than the 9 chars are those of us that had chars, on the other servers, prior to the merge.

The item in the Kafra Shop, is for "Position Change", on the same account, NOT for moving chars between accounts. This would defeat the whole purpose of having VIP in order to create up to 9 chars.

I've already said how you can create more than 3 chars on an account. Just get VIP for 30 days. It's that simple ;)

have you tried moving chars to an account with 9 already made, or adding to an account that had under 27 chars?  If you haven't tried for yourself I'm not sure why you keep trying to indicate otherwise. 

There is not a global conspiracy to just troll you; clearly the people posting have had firsthand experience in exceeding the 9 character limit by moving characters to the account.  just because it's not posted on the official website doesn't mean it's not true.

#36 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Err just to make it clear, it's not the kafra shop position change item. I guess I forgot one important detail about this and said something a little inaccurate so I'll correct it now.

It's 1500 WPE for the service, and it's done on the warpportal account under value added services iirc. I was curious about price of transfer and went to check once, so the service definitely exists.

So it isn't kp but WPE. My bad about that part.

#37 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

have you tried moving chars to an account with 9 already made, or adding to an account that had under 27 chars?  If you haven't tried for yourself I'm not sure why you keep trying to indicate otherwise. 

There is not a global conspiracy to just troll you; clearly the people posting have had firsthand experience in exceeding the 9 character limit by moving characters to the account.  just because it's not posted on the official website doesn't mean it's not true.

I have no reason or need to move chars to any other account. I have more than enough on all my accounts now. Also if you look there are only 9 slots for chars, other than accounts, & charaters created prior to the merge. I was only helping one person.

Glad you have nothing better to do than troll me :rice:

Err just to make it clear, it's not the kafra shop position change item. I guess I forgot one important detail about this and said something a little inaccurate so I'll correct it now.

It's 1500 WPE for the service, and it's done on the warpportal account under value added services iirc. I was curious about price of transfer and went to check once, so the service definitely exists.

So it isn't kp but WPE. My bad about that part.

That makes more sense. The kp part didn't ;)

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

I have no reason or need to move chars to any other account. I have more than enough on all my accounts now. Also if you look there are only 9 slots for chars, other than accounts, & charaters created prior to the merge. I was only helping one person.

Glad you have nothing better to do than troll me :rice:

I'm not trolling you; i was being downright civil in my post.  I'm just pointing out that you were spreading misinformation due to the fact that you have not gone through the process yourself and just kept contradicting others who have actually done it.

if you think that constitutes trolling i don't know what to do with you.

#39 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

The current limit is NOT 9 chars. You can transfer to an account with 9 and it will become 10. That's the only way to go beyond the 9 character limit right now though.

#40 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm not trolling you; i was being downright civil in my post.  I'm just pointing out that you were spreading misinformation due to the fact that you have not gone through the process yourself and just kept contradicting others who have actually done it.

if you think that constitutes trolling i don't know what to do with you.

I was providing information based on the post made. What I said was correct. If you read the original post, & the last one, it said KP, then he said he meant WPE. Also he was talking about adding more than 3 characters to an account & not wanting to pay for VIP to do that. I said it could be done by just paying for 30 days, & then you get that back in KP, which is also correct.

#41 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

In that case I must say that you are misunderstanding my intent after all.

My aim is SOLELY to increase the number of characters in my main acc, which is 9. Reason is the number of account bound items.

Fortunately, there is a way: through character transfer. HOWEVER, my 2 alt accs have 3 characters each already. This means that I HAVE TO either purchase VIP for an alt acc that I WOULD NOT level up(essentially wasting vip), make the characters, THEN transfer over those characters to my main acc.

ALTERNATIVELY, I could delete one of my not-so-important characters in the 2 alt accs and transfer over 1 by 1, in which case I'll HAVE TO go through the transfer process once for EACH character, incurring much higher costs.

To make it more clearer, I put some words in caps. I hope that clears up any confusion. And no, my point isn't that I want to have more characters on an alt account. I want to avoid that if possible.

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 18 September 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#42 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

You're right. I did get confused with the alt accts, 3 chars on them, & not wanting to have to pay for VIP.

I know the feeling & the account bound items is a big issue. I had to buy 6 rally boxes long ago because of them being account bound. Plus the fact of having to enchant each one.

Everything you are talking about is just more ways Gravity is doing things to make more money...

#43 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

No answers again this week Oda???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users