Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

RIP Rare costume Collection

Might as well collect mushroom and palm tree sets.

#127 dust1234

dust1234

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

since the patch, ro2 keeps closing saying im using speedhack and im not. Anybody else have that problem? I dont know how to fix it

#128 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

VNuYA1P.jpg?1

OK BY RUINING i mean its not even a  fricking event item any more it turned into a kafra item... costume is no longer as rare as it was...

#129 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

Happens to me sometimes. I think its cuz of the delay between you and the server. IDK im just guessing not an IT expert D:

Edited by VolunteerMod12, 17 September 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#130 Mautronic

Mautronic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

No update for Hack Shield on Win 8.1? :sob:

#131 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

VNuYA1P.jpg?1

OK BY RUINING i mean its not even a  fricking event item any more it turned into a kafra item... costume is no longer as rare as it was...

It still rare for me <3 I will happy to keep it for you xD xD

#132 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

I was really hoping for a drop rate buff for cazar gear.

Need to sell more spinels so noh.

#133 AndruMdz

AndruMdz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

when will ranger balance happen?

pls when they (devs) are on it can u please show them this video

hahahahaha Agree  :p_smile:

#134 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

that ranger needs to be nerfed plz

#135 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Pls halve ranger armor it's unfair they can do so much damage and be so tanky against other classes.

#136 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

It looks like the stat effects they decided to add to the Drake costumes are having some issues and require an item not included in the event boxes. The stat effects for the pyramid items are also not applying correctly, so it's likely we will have to do another maintenance tonight to get those working. That was the reason for the delay last night with patching, so if we do another one tonight, I'm hoping it will be quick. We will keep you updated on it.

#137 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

That ranger :'( ...  no doubt that he got full 50% RS vs BS all his gear :'(

#138 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Keep changing channels and Morgan is nowhere to be found, people in-game said it has long spawn timer....

Might be nice if we know how long the spawn time or change how the quest can be done. I know free costumes affects economy but still it's another ruined event and some people who done the quest just abusing this by killing Morgan again and screw other people...

*If it stays like that, I just pretend the event is not happened at all and skip it go back to hiatus*

#139 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

I think it's about 10 minutes? It's annoying but not game breaking.

Still had to invest less time than it usually takes to form a dungeon party.

#140 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

No update for Hack Shield on Win 8.1? :sob:

I'm using windows 8.1 without any issues at all. Does it give you that speedhack error? :/

Keep changing channels and Morgan is nowhere to be found, people in-game said it has long spawn timer....

Might be nice if we know how long the spawn time or change how the quest can be done. I know free costumes affects economy but still it's another ruined event and some people who done the quest just abusing this by killing Morgan again and screw other people...

*If it stays like that, I just pretend the event is not happened at all and skip it go back to hiatus*

I remember going there and having to wait a couple of mins with other guys before it appeared. That gives time to make party so everyone can get the quest with one kill, and I think (not sure about this) but the quest isn't repeatable, so there's no point in staying there to overkill morgan and screw others.

#141 L337fox

L337fox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Screw rarity. It will look the same on me whether 5 people or 500 have it.

Have you ever considered that people collect costumes for reasons other than vanity?

#142 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Have you ever considered that people collect costumes for reasons other than vanity?

Yeah, I've seen a lot of slot bawling actually. But having vanity in vanity items as the lowest priority seems wrong.

On the other hand, it's not fun when everyone gets the same costume easily, truly. I'm tired of seeing all those wonderland and fox&wolf costumes (even if I've used them myself, but I don't like ML1 gear!) and the same will probably be true about these two as well.

Edited by Nereida, 16 September 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#143 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, I've seen a lot of slot bawling actually. But having vanity in vanity items as the lowest priority seems wrong.

On the other hand, it's not fun when everyone gets the same costume easily, truly. I'm tired of seeing all those wonderland and fox&wolf costumes (even if I've used them myself, but I don't like ML1 gear!) and the same will probably be true about these two as well.

Blame the developers for putting stats and effects on gear that should've been meant for vanity purposes anyhow.

#144 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Blame the developers for putting stats and effects on gear that should've been meant for vanity purposes anyhow.

Can't really blame them much considering how gungho people go about it, embracing the concept of paying hundreds to create a vanity item with one more tiny stat than the previous version.

Sure it was evil on their side to think about it and actually put it in the game, but ultimately it's the players' fault for accepting and welcoming it so much ("I bought 50 boxes and still nothing. Too bad I'll keep trying and see if RNGesus notices me", "It only took me 30 tries to get 3 slots! RNGod was on my side", "I got this vanity set but didn't get the stats. FIX IT NAO"). Every now and then you even get suggestions for MORE of this stuff to be added to costumes. It's insane.

Edited by Nereida, 16 September 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#145 MeMoCorleone

MeMoCorleone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

Anyone explain me this plox :v    in the patch didnt say nothing about if u leave a guild       gB5R4d.jpg                                          e-----------------e

#146 7960130505150019417

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

Need to sell more spinels so noh.

Spinels rofl just get the daily box or win it at phantom @_@.  Waits for Ragnarok Online 2 has no queue to download.  So far i got 2 drake costumes running it with dead accounts out of 4 so far...

#147 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

Can't really blame them much considering how gungho people go about it, embracing the concept of paying hundreds to create a vanity item with one more tiny stat than the previous version.

Sure it was evil on their side to think about it and actually put it in the game, but ultimately it's the players' fault for accepting and welcoming it so much ("I bought 50 boxes and still nothing. Too bad I'll keep trying and see if RNGesus notices me", "It only took me 30 tries to get 3 slots! RNGod was on my side", "I got this vanity set but didn't get the stats. FIX IT NAO"). Every now and then you even get suggestions for MORE of this stuff to be added to costumes. It's insane.

It's up to the developers to create a structure for the game and adhere to it. No other MMORPG makes costumes akin to regular gear items except for the Ragnarok Online series. Players in general honestly will never say no to such additions to what are meant to be vanity items, so yes, it does fall upon the developers to make the distinction clear and enforce it.

#148 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

Questions regarding this quest, for everyone's clarification

1. "An event quest with Captain Morgan will be sent to your mailbox in Prontera." - This means that the Mailbox is the NPC giving the quest or does it come in mail in the form of a Quest Starter item? Because I'm quite sure I just did mine based on the former.

2. Is the above quest repeatable? Is it 20z Bag + one of hat/suit/eyepatch daily? Or just once? The patch notes doesn't mention it as 'daily' or 'repeatable.'

3. Does the Captain Morgan quest monster drop anything, or is there a reason to farm it, or is it simply because there are way more people trying to kill it than how many there is (1 spawn x 14 channels). I had to switch channels a lot before I got to kill it. It was being camped.

#149 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Why would they do this? I would understand somehow if Morgan dropped a quest item, but it's a kill counter, so why do this?

I'm using windows 8.1 without any issues at all. Does it give you that speedhack error? :/

I remember going there and having to wait a couple of mins with other guys before it appeared. That gives time to make party so everyone can get the quest with one kill, and I think (not sure about this) but the quest isn't repeatable, so there's no point in staying there to overkill morgan and screw others.

Really, it isn't repeatable? The reward is only one of the parts, yes? So I basically screwed myself by just taking an eyepatch? XD

Also, I'm using windows 8.1 and I haven't resolved it for months. I get an error with @1 in it, but it's worded differently. :\ So, I use my laptop and office computer running w7 instead. D:

#150 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Why would they do this? I would understand somehow if Morgan dropped a quest item, but it's a kill counter, so why do this?

Really, it isn't repeatable? The reward is only one of the parts, yes? So I basically screwed myself by just taking an eyepatch? XD

Also, I'm using windows 8.1 and I haven't resolved it for months. I get an error with @1 in it, but it's worded differently. :\ So, I use my laptop and office computer running w7 instead. D:

Not sure about the error, I use Windows 8.1 on my desktop and works perfectly fine. I installed from Aeria though, not sure if that would make a difference.

It's not repeatable for the same char as far as i can tell because it was mailbox as quest giver, not through mail, not sure if same applies to alts.. I tried to get it with my alts, but it doesn't show up in the mailbox (Neither on the npcs), but that can be because they aren't master lvl (stupid, imo, as Morgan is boringly fast to kill... though if it's because you need a 25 lvl char, that'd be understandable to avoid creating new accounts, taking the quests with parties, and farming costumes).

And yeah, it's only one of the parts. I chose the costume, but I actually want Drake's style (this one is a daily) and the eyepatch won't drop from its box so... the ones screwed are those who didn't get the eyepatch or the zenny to buy it in AH, because you need the whole set for the stats effect.

---

On a side note, has anyone noticed something going on with the bosses minions spawn? Merem almost killed me with a multitude of ants, and Venomer's minions (a lot) killed me AFTER i killed Venomer, I thought they usually dissappeared together with the boss? Similar thing happened with Leviathan and the Mushroom boss in Secret Tomb.

Someone told me the minions spawn at certain HP %, so doing a lot of damage makes them spawn faster.. but I never had this happen to me, not even yesterday, and I did a few dungeons, all in Normal, i must add.

Edited by faku1810, 16 September 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users