9/17 "Rowdy" Roddy McDowell Birthday Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

9/17 "Rowdy" Roddy McDowell Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

It is legal, valk used to do it to try to break stones when they were allied to snl/hatebreed and trying to break wc's 100 econ Cyr. If your precast is getting wiped by 2 emblemless LKs I would say you have bigger problems.

Edited by Exhale, 18 September 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#52 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:33 AM

I don't recall any valk people doing that, but I don't see why mindbreak scholars wouldn't be punished for it but other classes would?

Guildless people can't take castles, can't be recalled, and can be damaged by everyone. That wouldn't be worth the risk for me :<

#53 CAPP

CAPP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

It looks like we updated the Race of all Monsters to Undead but not the Element. We will be updating the element next week.

Thank you Campitor... I was so disappointed that I came here to say something about it and glad to see it was addressed... too bad it will take a week to fix. See you then!

Edited by CAPP, 18 September 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#54 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:47 AM

If your precast is getting wiped by 2 emblemless LKs I would say you have bigger problems.

you're absolutely right, we have to deal with valhalla and hatebreed attacking us all of woe. LOL. not that i mind too much, it's at least  fun.

#55 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

It's great that you add new bonus content to the game like a dungeon. :-)

Though all monsters have same exp/jexp/race/element. Kind of boring. =3

And jexp too high / base exp too low. In pre-renewal monsters usually give more base exp than job exp on average.

*just some suggestions*

Also is it intended that none of the news ever state where you need to go?

I still don't know where the current spotlight is (nope, the patcher still says Amatsu).

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:56 AM

as if Valhalla doesn't try to pick fights with aurora lol.

for the actual topic...is there a way to get to the middle of the map? all the spawns are in the middle. there are no warps and teleport is disabled. is this the secret passage that the CM's spoke of?

also, is leaving a guild purposely during woe so you don't have an emblem and fighting people legal? makes it difficult to see them when there are lots of people, especially if they are in your own stack. we might as well legalize not having an emblem if we're going to allow this behavior to continue.

First of all, Valhalla has no reason to fight Aurora. Don't take this the wrong way, but what reason could we possibly care to attack them other than if they talk bollocks?

• Aurora only hold Mjolnir castles, I have access to five mjolnirs, I do not need Mjolnir parts, I do not care if Aurora makes one (it makes no difference to Valhalla, Valhalla's interests, or even the server as a whole).
  • However, if Aurora should choose to hold a 2.0 econ, it is in Valhalla's interest to break WoE 2.0 econs for the following reasons
  1. Asprikas hurt our DPS, we like to play elemental based melee classes.
  2. Allowing 2.0 econs to swell devalues the value of the bryn/asprika parts that we sell.
  • furthermore, Valhalla's fort choices are fairly obvious, spend 10 minutes on choobs, work it out, stay out of those castles and see what happens if not econning?

So no, we do not care about you. But I'm pretty spiteful and will chase a guild around to make a point if they chose to talk bollocks, such as this. There's very few guilds on the server, so we need something to do. To expect us to not attack you when there are very few guilds that sit static and defend is extremely unrealistic.

It will only be personal if you make it so.

Valk 4 and Brit 1 should be taken as an example and lesson. Don't draw attention to yourselves any further if you don't want to be punished for it by "big guilds".

It is legal, valk used to do it to try to break stones when they were allied to snl/hatebreed and trying to break wc's 100 econ Cyr. If your precast is getting wiped by 2 emblemless LKs I would say you have bigger problems.

I don't recall any valk people doing that, but I don't see why mindbreak scholars wouldn't be punished for it but other classes would?

Guildless people can't take castles, can't be recalled, and can be damaged by everyone. That wouldn't be worth the risk for me :<

Yeah, Godless used to do it along with some other champ. Also mindbreak scholars who offensively use ME do it all the damn time.

So, When in Rome.... Plus it does stand to reason that if 2 LKs are wiping the guild, or even 1 LK, or a lone wizard is walking through your precast, then the fact that they have no emblem will probably not change the result. People who do pay attention to their HP management would notice instantly that something was wrong.

Also for champs to be able to break stones guildless is unfair. But an LK, or a sinx? They can't actually damage the status of a castle unless something is really, really wrong on the defending guilds part.

I have already tried to fight the "guildless" battle and I was shot down. They can't do anything about it since what happens if random people wander into a fort?

... that said, I've killed our own guildless player before now. I don't know my own strength, so that is a very, very real risk.

you're absolutely right, we have to deal with valhalla and hatebreed attacking us all of woe. LOL. not that i mind too much, it's at least  fun.

Waaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaah. We have to deal with your alliance and hatebreed and our guild only runs ~ 18-22 on sundays. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah.

If only there were other guilds on the server that could attack you guys. Oh there are, they just get swarmed by the alliance.

What I'm saying is WoE SE is crap. It's not fun and the reason Aurora feel so ~*bullied*~ is because there's nobody to fight. Not that the staff will acknowledge it or do anything to fix it.

Oh well. Not really my problem anymore.

Edited by Xellie, 18 September 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#57 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

I don't see any issue with guildless. Never has been in 10+ years. The individuals that go guildless put themselves at an extreme handicap and can't even touch an emp.

#58 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

First of all, Valhalla has no reason to fight Aurora. Don't take this the wrong way, but what reason could we possibly care to attack them other than if they talk bollocks?

• Aurora only hold Mjolnir castles, I have access to five mjolnirs, I do not need Mjolnir parts, I do not care if Aurora makes one (it makes no difference to Valhalla, Valhalla's interests, or even the server as a whole).
  • However, if Aurora should choose to hold a 2.0 econ, it is in Valhalla's interest to break WoE 2.0 econs for the following reasons
  1. Asprikas hurt our DPS, we like to play elemental based melee classes.
  2. Allowing 2.0 econs to swell devalues the value of the bryn/asprika parts that we sell.
  • furthermore, Valhalla's fort choices are fairly obvious, spend 10 minutes on choobs, work it out, stay out of those castles and see what happens if not econning?

So no, we do not care about you. But I'm pretty spiteful and will chase a guild around to make a point if they chose to talk bollocks, such as this. There's very few guilds on the server, so we need something to do. To expect us to not attack you when there are very few guilds that sit static and defend is extremely unrealistic.

It will only be personal if you make it so.

Valk 4 and Brit 1 should be taken as an example and lesson. Don't draw attention to yourselves any further if you don't want to be punished for it by "big guilds".

Yeah, Godless used to do it along with some other champ. Also mindbreak scholars who offensively use ME are extremely hard to pick out and it's actually extremely annoying. I dislike this behaviour greatly and I think the use of mindbreak guilds should be enforced.

But you know, when in Rome....

Waaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaah. We have to deal with your alliance and hatebreed and our guild only runs ~ 18-22 on sundays. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaah.

If only there were other guilds on the server that could attack you guys. Oh there are, they just get swarmed by the alliance.

What I'm saying is WoE SE is crap. It's not fun and the reason Aurora feel so ~*bullied*~ is because there's nobody to fight. Not that the staff will acknowledge it or do anything to fix it.

Oh well. Not really my problem anymore.

considering you approached aurora and demanded they break their alliance with valk and AnO or else, i would say you have plenty of reason to do so and you do care about them. you're free to deny it as much as you like, though, lol. please quote me where i said i expect to not be attacked. you clearly misinterpreted my response to exhale and it's kind of funny lol. as i said, i (unlike you) actually do enjoy woe 2, even when we get slammed.

srysry i hurt your feelings, though. i won't talk any more "bollocks." :sob:

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

considering you approached aurora and demanded they break their alliance with valk and AnO or else, i would say you have plenty of reason to do so and you do care about them. you're free to deny it as much as you like, though, lol. please quote me where i said i expect to not be attacked. you clearly misinterpreted my response to exhale and it's kind of funny lol. as i said, i (unlike you) actually do enjoy woe 2, even when we get slammed.

srysry i hurt your feelings, though. i won't talk any more "bollocks." :sob:

I didn't "demand" anything. I told you how it is and that I didn't want to attack, but since there's nothing else to do on the server.....? All you had to do was hide whilst someone else defended and not provoke me, and that was what I was offering you.

Your guild apparently think we have some vendetta against Aurora, when in reality we ignored the econ and let it be.

I offered you a free econ to help you grow, you shunned it in favour of Valk and were extremely rude to me. I was on the verge of saying I'd ally and help if you wanted since we have nothing better to do with our time, but yeah. Rude is rude and presumptions are bad.

Not my problem, or loss apparently.

I enjoy WoE 2 sometimes, not when I'm lagging though.

Unallying Valk or staying allied means nothing, we crush Aurora regardless should we choose.

This is why this server is so crap though. If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that at least Valhalla wants/needs guilds to grow strong and separate out so there is life on the server. We actually need people to fight against that isn't hatebreed (they are too weak on saturdays which is our prime day) and actually so does everyone else on the server.

Aurora will only be a small and weak guild as long as they think and act like one. I really had higher expectations.

I dunno what you think my goals are, I don't actually need to make any more god items. Aurora has zero impact in that regard, since there's nothing to impact on. I dunno where you get off thinking you're important, all I wanted was to encourage another small guild to get up there a bit so we'd actually have someone to fight.

but hey :p_idea:

What do I care if the server dies? If every guild on the server goes into your fort, I'll be there because it's the only thing to do. The fact that you won't get econ is just a collateral damage. Since you ask the whole server to be in there. Sounds like fun.

Make sure the rest of Aurora know you're the reason we didn't let your econ hold.

the tldr; of all this is that classic has a population problem that is going to tear the server apart.

Edited by Xellie, 18 September 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#60 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

lol, elder ghouls are holy

#61 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

List of feedback on the challenge dungeon:

1. Move the NPC or make it so you have to click on it. I'm going to get sucked in every time I try to do the Bris quest in the future since that requires me to walk right by that invisible portal.

2. Up the EXP for the harder to kill things. The Megalith things have like 600k HP and give barely better EXP than a Kasa, which has 80k HP.

3. Add some skills in. There's little to no challenge right now, honestly, because nothing really uses any skills. Think Dimensional Gorge monster skills: Dispel, Critical Wounds, Assumptio, other things that make you need to bring a party.

4. Change up the drops. Add in some other things that are desirable: Treasure Boxes, Gold, etc. and lower the rate on Ygg Seeds. It doesn't need to be lowered by much, but it takes me three HSCRs to kill an Elder Ghoul and I pretty much always get two Ygg Seeds in return for it. :P

5. Oda Frog isn't flagged as a boss monster... It stuns. I soloed it with only 50 potions. :P

6. Give Oda Frog better drops. They suck right now, unless there's just a bunch of them that are really low rates that I haven't seen yet. If so, really low drop rates are pretty dumb on an MVP that respawns every 6 hours or so.

7. Add in some NPCs for backstory or something... Most people don't know about the secret passage and unless you're using RCX AND know that it exists, it's gonna be pretty hard to find.

All in all it WAS fun to explore something new!

Edited by Ralis, 18 September 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

exit portal for walking in by accident please

#63 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Wasn't one of the monsters supposed to drop geek glasses coupon?

#64 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

I didn't "demand" anything. I told you how it is and that I didn't want to attack, but since there's nothing else to do on the server.....? All you had to do was hide whilst someone else defended and not provoke me, and that was what I was offering you.

Your guild apparently think we have some vendetta against Aurora, when in reality we ignored the econ and let it be.

I offered you a free econ to help you grow, you shunned it in favour of Valk and were extremely rude to me. I was on the verge of saying I'd ally and help if you wanted since we have nothing better to do with our time, but yeah. Rude is rude and presumptions are bad.

Not my problem, or loss apparently.

I enjoy WoE 2 sometimes, not when I'm lagging though.

Unallying Valk or staying allied means nothing, we crush Aurora regardless should we choose.

This is why this server is so crap though. If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that at least Valhalla wants/needs guilds to grow strong and separate out so there is life on the server. We actually need people to fight against that isn't hatebreed (they are too weak on saturdays which is our prime day) and actually so does everyone else on the server.

Aurora will only be a small and weak guild as long as they think and act like one. I really had higher expectations.

I dunno what you think my goals are, I don't actually need to make any more god items. Aurora has zero impact in that regard, since there's nothing to impact on. I dunno where you get off thinking you're important, all I wanted was to encourage another small guild to get up there a bit so we'd actually have someone to fight.

but hey :p_idea:

What do I care if the server dies? If every guild on the server goes into your fort, I'll be there because it's the only thing to do. The fact that you won't get econ is just a collateral damage. Since you ask the whole server to be in there. Sounds like fun.

Make sure the rest of Aurora know you're the reason we didn't let your econ hold.

the tldr; of all this is that classic has a population problem that is going to tear the server apart.

you said nothing definite to the effect of giving us a free econ and made no indication or hinting towards allying. all you said was you might not attack us with your full force. you went on to then say also that you "might" consider not attacking us, but only if we had poor attendance that day and only if we unally valk/AnO. because i said the alliance was staying, you claimed that i "forced" you to attack us. you really were quite vague through most of the conversation. you even admitted yourself that aurora should not trust you or valhalla lmao.

while i may not have been particularly welcoming to your approaching us, might i recommend in the future not derailing the conversation at numerous points about how difficult it is to be you, how difficult it is to have god items/mvp cards, and how you apparently barely even use them? oh and how you have no zeny. lol. especially to as you put it a "small and weak" guild that has nowhere near the mvps/gods to its name. it comes off as massively condescending, disingenuous, and quite frankly dishonest. it was an awkward, laughable attempt to try to "relate" to a guild that isn't majorly stacked with gears or people (or it was your attempt to get us to feel sorry for you, i really don't even know). i genuinely thought you were trolling us for like half of the conversation and yet you wonder why you received a cold reception from us lol.

#65 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

:p_swt: 

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 18 September 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#66 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

the tldr; of all this is that I have a  problem that is going to tear the server apart.

Fixed.

also eta on medicine bowls in annex. Patcher needs to give current information to classic, we have no cooler box and well it gets 0 love :(... it needs love!

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

you said nothing definite to the effect of giving us a free econ and made no indication or hinting towards allying. all you said was you might not attack us with your full force. you went on to then say also that you "might" consider not attacking us, but only if we had poor attendance that day and only if we unally valk/AnO. because i said the alliance was staying, you claimed that i "forced" you to attack us. you really were quite vague through most of the conversation. you even admitted yourself that aurora should not trust you or valhalla lmao.

while i may not have been particularly welcoming to your approaching us, might i recommend in the future not derailing the conversation at numerous points about how difficult it is to be you, how difficult it is to have god items/mvp cards, and how you apparently barely even use them? oh and how you have no zeny. lol. especially to as you put it a "small and weak" guild that has nowhere near the mvps/gods to its name. it comes off as massively condescending, disingenuous, and quite frankly dishonest. it was an awkward, laughable attempt to try to "relate" to a guild that isn't majorly stacked with gears or people (or it was your attempt to get us to feel sorry for you, i really don't even know). i genuinely thought you were trolling us for like half of the conversation and yet you wonder why you received a cold reception from us lol.

I'm rolling my eyes as loudly as possible right now.

You should have listened first. I told you our reasons and logic, yet if you refuse to check strategical evidence such as fort take history and just assume its a vendetta, yes, it's frustrating to talk to you.

"I always go to that fort, i just like it" does not equal to "I hate your guild and I'm out to kill you"

"you were defending and we wanted the econ" does not equal to "I just want to pick on your guild"

I backed down from my original offer as I was about to make it because of the arrogance and refusal to accept that I just wasn't out to be the big bad wolf you imagined.

And yes I can relate, Valhalla was once in your position. Late start on the server included. You need not to be so timid and don't presume your struggles are unique. You know how easy it is to think something is "personal" when it's not? If you won't listen to the background I can give you, how can you know that I can or can't relate?

My conversation about my item use/item disuse was with a different player because you stated that we were "done" talking multiple times.

However, as I said, you're right to distrust all outsiders on the matter, but you should really do your research and check the evidence such as choobs before making such vicious attacks.

I'm being pretty reasonable here and I even told you I didn't like the situation (but there's nobody else for us to fight).

If I was you guys, I would have left Valhalla to fight Valk and AnO whilst building up in the background vs guilds like Mirai. I certainly wouldn't pull that kind of attention to my guild if I was claiming it was small and weak as you do. But what would I know? I've only been doing this guildleading shiz since 2005. I honestly would NOT want to get involved at that level and when a big guild came to me and asked what my hopes and dreams were and talked about wanting a future enemy, I'd probably sit up and listen because I have the ability to look around and see that it's true that they need more people to play against. I wouldn't be judging on the words of the other guildleader alone, but on the broader picture of the entire server.

I'm probably a bad guildleader and got to where I was on both servers by chance. Ignore me.

Oh and just a word of advice. I told you this before and I'll tell you again. A guild is only weak when it claims to be. When I was playing vs some of the most loaded and strongest guilds on the server with no minis, no mvps and no gods, I would give up easy or assume we couldn't do it every time before anything bad happened.

In the end a new guildmate kicked me up the ass and that's when directions changed. Instead of running from fort to fort, bwinging when they attacked, or leaving alt breakers at the emp so we could alt break repeatedly I learned to man up with my 8 people and fight. No we didn't always win but sometimes we did and it was AMAZING.

#68 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

Challenge dungeon:

1. Get rid of that huge warp in radius. Isn't that really close to where new players that end up in pront at the first spawn also? They are going to be level 1-10 and get sucked in. lol.

2. exp sucks

3. warp out portal would be nice

4. Megalith looking things suck

I like having something new to do though and having the renewal sprite monsters. Idk just more entertaining to see something different.

Edited by AllyBB, 18 September 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#69 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

Also for champs to be able to break stones guildless is unfair. 

Wow, that's not right at all. Guildless people shouldn't be able to break anything imo D:

And I had a ton of fun putting around in the challenge dungeon last night! I was AVing ghoul-things on my manstrel. Still haven't seen Oda Frog yet :<

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Repatching should fix any items appears as apples on classic for the fishing quest.

#71 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

so no fishing rewards atm right?

Please remove the novice slipper thing from fishing, it is annoying to goto the npc to sell it every time.

Edited by Chipotle, 18 September 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#72 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

Please remove the novice slipper thing from fishing, it is annoying to goto the npc to sell it every time.

Strange that after all this time, there's no still no "old shoe" etc. item in the game, right?

#73 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Even unslotted Boots would be better. At least those can be dropped...

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

Blue and white boots maybe?

I could see why people would throw those out at least

#75 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

That would suck. I was briefly interested into this fishing stuff until people mentioned no rewards yet for the classic server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users