Patch Notes v526
Gem System - Featured Update!
It has arrived. The Gem "expansion" update has added over 400 new gems to add to your various equipment pieces, enhance your character's build with and aid you with. While a good majority of the new gems can only be found from Kings, there is a solid selection from both the Honor and Valor shops that can help you on your adventures through the world of ROSE Online.
- A great deal of information has been provided through this thread here: Coming Gem Update, come check it out!
Some of the Key Features in today's update!
Talk Like a Pirate Event!
We've added a few extras to the Pirate Event. "Locked Treasure Boxes" may drop at random by chance as you are adventuring throughout the world of ROSE Online to which you are able to break the lock and try your luck on the contents. The Silver and Golden Keys will help you secure the contents success.
Also, [Captain] Peg Leg has a few new extra cart frames that you can obtain from him! However due to poor pirating, he's had to reevaluate his Ancient Pirate Coin trade in rates. But he looks forward to the booty you're able to bring to him and fill his coffers, while he hands you his spoils of the open seas.
The New Gems
- There are a great number of new gems being introduced for use, with new stat benefits! Check the link above if you wish to read some details, but be on the look out for gems dropping from Kings that can help aid you in your adventures as a Visitor.
- Each gem now has their own unique gem socket appearance and effect when equipped to a weapon or off-hand!
Appraisal Stats - Updated & Upgraded!
- We will be up-converting any existing stats that may fall slightly out of the new and improved scaling to the new design and in every case, if a stat changes, it can only become stronger.
New Item : Enchantment Scroll
- This item will be the first of its kind for ROSE, where it behaves similar to a gem, with a very special additional feature. An "Empty" Enchantment Scroll, when used on an item with an Appraisal Stat, it will extract the Appraisal Stat and hold it in the Enchantment Scroll to be placed in to a new item of equal or better grade.
Honor & Valor Shops have new merchandise!
- The shops have been heavily updated with a large range of new items to help aid you in your adventures, from gems to skills! Make sure you check out the shops for the changes and see what you may want to start working towards!
Separation Drill Change
- Because we've made the change where you can put a gem over another to replace it on an item, we've changed the mechanical function of how a separation drill works as well. No longer will a separation drill degrade or destroy a gem upon removal. Instead, we have made it behave more similarly to that of the normal drills, to add a socket. A separation drill will now be a success chance to simply remove the gem from an item successfully.
Item Mall Changes and Updates
- While several skills have been added to the Honor and Valor Shops, they are also available through our Item Mall.
- By reasonable demand, we have implemented the Item Unbinder Coupon in the "Items > Utility" section of the Item Mall.
- We've also added a new purchase for the honor starved. A "Honor Reward Bonus (30 Day)" item is purchasable in the "Items > GamePlay" section, that will provide a 50% increase to earned Honor rewards, including the Game Arena activities and PvP Quests. This item also accumulates, so using two back to back, will provide you with 60 Days of an Honor Reward Bonus.
- The Valor Reward Bonus now applies to Valor rewards earned from the Game Arena.
- Blank Enchantment Scrolls are also available in the Item Mall in the "Items > Refining" section.
- An additional change was necessary to the "Intense Blessing" critical rate. Back when the critical system was updated, the skill's effect was not adjusted to stay in line with the strength of how critical percentages now functioned. The result unfortunately is a 10% chance to critical from one skill, which is by far stronger than what was intended. So it has been reduced to 5%, but fear not, new skills have been implemented that will allow you to regain the lost 5% from extra effort and dedication. Check out the Valor and Honor shops for the list of new skills that are now available!
Refine Catalyst Change
Unfortunately, the Catalysts influence to the refine system has become higher than we can continue working with. We understand this will cause a bit of an upset, but because the current influence can add an amazing 54% success. This makes it incredibly difficult for the power scaling of equipment through the refine system to feel balanced for the effort that can go in to it, for what is achieved. In the past, the efforts to try and make the thrill of reward for effort was tipped more towards rewards, and the result of it caused a bit of a spoiling in expectation of impact.
We enjoy the ability to increase one's success chances from time spent collecting items, however that influence was a flip of the coin, which we felt was too high, especially if we want to introduce higher equipment to game play.
If you want to learn some details behind the decision, please read here
- Pink Powder
- 1.4% > 1.0% (Total Influence 14% > 10%)
- Purple Powder
- 2.8% > 1.5%(Total Influence 28% > 15%)
- Lisent Hg
- 4.0% > 2.0%(Total Influence 40% > 20%)
- Lisent U
- 5.4% > 2.5%(Total Influence 54% > 25%)
- The HP & MP flicker during combat has been fixed!
- Corrected issue with low durability items not displaying a red warning icon in the inventory window.
- Corrected issue with HP/MP/Clan/Valor points interfering with character movement when running over the item.
- Party HP values are now visible in party window.
- Client is no longer receives repeated "You have a gift to redeem!" message when opening item mall window or opening and closing tabs in that window.
- Fixed an issue where crafting a non-stackable item with a full inventory page would lock up the client.
Client Enhancements! (Premium Users Take note!)
- Keep watch up by the Item Mall button on the Mini-Map! You may notice when you have a Premium Box available to redeem, there will display a "Giftbox" you can click to immediately redeem. It will appear and flash when you have a giftbox ready to be redeemed so no more guessing or having to remember to get it! Just a simple reminder with a one click redemption for your convenience!
Message from the Developers
Now this update is probably one of our largest we've had for ROSE in quite some time, that will not only add, but allows for a wide range of advancements in future development and content! While we've taken great lengths to keep track of each and every addition, change and feature implementation, there is a chance we may have overlooked something and it went unmentioned. There are a lot of changes with this update, both for you and for us, so we ask for your understanding and appreciate your patience if you may happen to find something that doesn't seem finished or to your expectations. Even though in this update we have many new features that hold many new possibilities and content potential for ROSE, we understand we can't please everyone all the time. We hope you give it a chance and enjoy it in ways we have empowered our community to do so with and thank you all for your support and passion!