This is messed up - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This is messed up

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#51 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:18 AM

Actually that is the point, we didn't change emblem and I should still have a 2 hour VOD to prove it?

Their approach of me was a response to community outcry. It's a witch hunt now. They're only reacting to the number of people crying. A single nodelay report means nothing.

They didn't investigate whether I did it or not... they're not even taking that single glance.

Same thing happened to me. I got banned for abusing DB's, when in fact I was only DBing with a friend, and no innocent bystanders died. Some moron who sits in S. Pront and does nothing but send in reports all day decided to report me for abusing DB's, and then he went on to kill a bunch of people with his own dbs because he's a hypocrite. 

Of course the GMs did not investigate it at first, they just blindly banned me. As soon as I sent in a ticket they must actually investigated because they unbanned me right away.

But of course as far as I can tell, the person who reported me received zero consequences for his false reporting, because he is still jerking off to images of his mom in S. Pront to this very day.

#52 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

#Moredramacoming  :rice:

#53 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Just start with the assumption that the GMs know nothing about RO other than that it's an MMO played by both real and automated people, and that they are also non-technical customer support that are essentially following guides or internal documentation when managing tickets. Add on outsourcing, and that probably captures 100% of it.

GMs can clearly understand what emblem changing means, because that's no technical understanding of RO is required to see it, so they will immediately respond to such a ticket. However, they've got no clue what nodelay means, because they've got no technical understanding of RO, so they have nothing to say when they receive such a ticket. They might escalate it to another more senior GM who also has no idea how to play RO. The senior GM will probably look around for an SOP or guide on how to deal with such a ticket and ultimately find nothing.

Eventually, the ticket must get closed due to inactivity and/or quota (some internal metrics system tracking how well you do on support tickets). When that happens, you can expect a polite response that says, "We will continue to look into this privately," because according to some SOP that someone has written up internally, such a response has been proven to yield better results than, "We have no clue what we're doing, so we're just going to close this ticket and hope you never re-open it." And voila, your ticket gets closed and nothing happens to it.

It might be changing, but I wouldn't expect too much out of it. CMs are ultimately like novices who are presented with second class skill books instead of first class skill books during the RO introduction tutorial. Sure, some common sense can reason out that the second class skill is useful from the skill description and you can put together some examples based on other second class characters they interact with, but they don't have enough SP to actually use any of the skills to fully understand what to do with them.

#54 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Lol, no matter what the GM's decide to do someone's going to end up unhappy.

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 21 September 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#55 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Let's just make the decision easier on everyone.

Fact is, the RK was using nodelay during practice, and by general consensus he was not using it during the tournament. 

Either way, section 14. A) of the End User License Agreement says this:

A) Use of illegal automated programs, Scripts, and Computers.The use of any illegal automated program (Ex. 3 rd party bot) or system, devices, computers, or scripts on RAGNAROK Online is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Section 1030 of the United States Code . Violators will be prosecuted to the full extend of applicable law and may also liable for the punitive damage. GRAVITY may terminate and permanently disqualify any users who, in its sole discretion, determines as being in violation of these Terms of Service. All decisions by GRAVITY are final.

The GM team can argue that they saw said Rune Knight using nodelay during practice and proceeded to disqualify the team to preserve the integrity of the tournament. Now was the timing of the disqualification bad? Yeah, but tough luck. 

#56 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Let the No sprite delay baddies be unhappy

#57 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

RK is legit, and I was on the team. Also i'm not from Animosity, i'm from CS.

GM's pranced at the first chance they could get at calling out a db as illegit not realizing that the DB from the opposing team was constantly "resetting" our RK's animation allowing him to "chain" db. Of course once they called it out and realized their mistake they couldn't take it back, and that became more obvious with the later db vs db matches. Also the fact that our match was the first match with RK vs RK, no previous RK's had the constant dps from opposing DB to allow the chaining. They saw something different for the first time, and ruled it as illegit.

They specifically said that they would be checking for nodelay. Who the hell would be stupid enough to use nodelay then? Especially with all the recent heat about it on forums AND the 100+ twitch viewers. We were actually happy when they said that, knowing that they would crack down on all the cheaters so we can have a clean tournament, but they had to mess that up too of course.

It makes me sad that the people "running" this game don't have a clue as to how their own game works. I lost whatever respect I had left for the gm's yesterday. After we got DQ'd, one of the members from the first place team (Arvin) actually hopped on our TS to say that we were clean and that the GM call was absurd. Plus the second place winners (Koalified) also say that we had not cheated. So that's the first place team and second place team validating that we didn't cheat. Who do you think is correct? The players who have played this game and know enough about mechanics to get to 1st and 2nd in USRC, or GM's that play every once and awhile, mostly posting and reading about their own game on the forums? Hell get Renouille to chime in here, i'd take his/her word over the GM's any day.

Overall you can say i'm pissed off and will probably stop playing this game. Our team wasted all those nights staying up late to practice just to get disqualified on the first round for something that we didn't do, not to mention the plans some of us had to cancel just to make this.

edit* sorry xellie for hi-jacking your thread

Edited by jake0619, 21 September 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#58 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

cant we all just enjoy the cheats legit gameplay before they nerf it?

#59 Amykawaii

Amykawaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

quote from jake:
"Plus the second place winners (Koalified) also say that we had not cheated. So that's the first place team and second place team validating that we didn't cheat. Who do you think is correct?"

Of course that team would say you are legit, they were also an animosity team. You all claim that no one knows how to recognize nodelay.. but how would know what it looks like other than you all using it? fyi I was in animosity for a long time. I know all about the cheats that both Darksoul and Dan have shared amongst everyone. Quit trying to lie, no one believes you anyway.

p.s. sorry xellie

edit: arvin on the 1st place team are also allies to animosity in woe.

Edited by Amykawaii, 21 September 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#60 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Is it a surprise that the two people who are pushing so hard with the accusations against the animosity USRC team of using no delay are in fact Ex-Animosity members (Myzery, Amy) who were kicked and have a clear, public vendetta against the guild? Sitting in the twitch USRC chat spamming accusations of cheating during the match and even boastfully admitting your identity. Grow up. Go take your grudge and internet griefing elsewhere, far far away way from USRC, this RO community and people's enjoyment.

#61 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

Kind of disappointed the GM team didn't just ban people that used this, rather than having mods on the forum as heads up to stop.

It's like radio stations that tell drivers the speed traps in the area so their patrons don't get busted, they take all the fun out of it.

#62 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

^ there is a flaw in your example.

It's like the radio telling drivers about a speed trap. Drivers still speed and nobody gets busted, maybe 1-2 exceptions.

#63 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

^ there is a flaw in your example.

It's like the radio telling drivers about a speed trap. Drivers still speed and nobody gets busted, maybe 1-2 exceptions.

Actually that makes the point even more valid, the concept is flawed not the point.

Edited by GhostShadow, 21 September 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#64 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

Is it a surprise that the two people who are pushing so hard with the accusations against the animosity USRC team of using no delay are in fact Ex-Animosity members (Myzery, Amy) who were kicked and have a clear, public vendetta against the guild? Sitting in the twitch USRC chat spamming accusations of cheating during the match and even boastfully admitting your identity. Grow up. Go take your grudge and internet griefing elsewhere, far far away way from USRC, this RO community and people's enjoyment.

Xellie gave me permission to post in the thread again.

Nice try derailing the topic. It's no secret that I go after these cheaters.

I also wasn't kicked from anywhere. I left Animosity because of Lambor's blatant lies and his harboring of known thieves/scammers.

Again, you point out the obvious; I was in Twitch as Myzeryy, which is open with my identity.

I know that Jake is your e-crush/bff, but you should be careful about blindly defending people that were blatantly cheating and have the history to back it up.

#65 Purplefirefly

Purplefirefly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationMoon
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hmm, I don't think there is any grudges, and as far as RO community - If you are alright with liars and cheaters by all means back them up. It's not about who is pushing hard accusations against Animosity, but what is actually going on! Personally I think that since no one really knows the truth, everyone decides to point fingers directly towards certain individuals. Get your facts straight.

#66 Saranea

Saranea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

A judge in any competition needs to be absolute 1) neutral 2) know about mechanics 3) needs to be observent and 4) vocal about right & wrongs.

1) before the USRC was started there was much hate around specific teams. Still look up this forums and even open boosting in game to "write GMs so they watch" which means tickets for the GMs.

No person alive that is confronted with a topic like this can stay fully neutral. It's a human condition to build prejudices.

As a judge to watch things more closly one one party then another is a allready a no-go.

Seeing behaviour mirrowed and only seeing one at fault is flawed.

2) mechanics:  nothing to add here, was allready pointed out with a video and a describtion in another (now closed by oda) thread.

Just to say it here: judges that don't know all of their game, especially game mechanics should not be allowed to judge.

3) You see something or you don't. Don't try to "hey did you see that". That is making (sub)conscious influence on the other judges - even worse in a live enviroment.

4) If 1 judge saw something and another one is unsure/didn't you review the footing as soon as there is time.

Until that is done and proven there shouldn't be any verdict. Not by the judges, and not by casters.

Hot blooded responses are for the masses, not for persons in power.

Just look at the post here. Hot heated arguments. Everyone calls everyone bitter or a cheater.

If i remember right calling someone a cheater without proof is an insult ... you might want to view the forum and game Terms of Service - and the mods (sorry I know it's a hard job) should intervene sooner then later.

As of right now i see a hatefull community & unresponsible admins/judges over an event that was supposed to be fun played and watched.

I am just sad about all this. Sad and dissapointed.

Sincerely

#67 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

A judge in any competition needs to be absolute 1) neutral 2) know about mechanics 3) needs to be observent and 4) vocal about right & wrongs.

1) before the USRC was started there was much hate around specific teams. Still look up this forums and even open boosting in game to "write GMs so they watch" which means tickets for the GMs.

No person alive that is confronted with a topic like this can stay fully neutral. It's a human condition to build prejudices.

As a judge to watch things more closly one one party then another is a allready a no-go.

Seeing behaviour mirrowed and only seeing one at fault is flawed.

2) mechanics:  nothing to add here, was allready pointed out with a video and a describtion in another (now closed by oda) thread.

Just to say it here: judges that don't know all of their game, especially game mechanics should not be allowed to judge.

3) You see something or you don't. Don't try to "hey did you see that". That is making (sub)conscious influence on the other judges - even worse in a live enviroment.

4) If 1 judge saw something and another one is unsure/didn't you review the footing as soon as there is time.

Until that is done and proven there shouldn't be any verdict. Not by the judges, and not by casters.

Hot blooded responses are for the masses, not for persons in power.

Just look at the post here. Hot heated arguments. Everyone calls everyone bitter or a cheater.

If i remember right calling someone a cheater without proof is an insult ... you might want to view the forum and game Terms of Service - and the mods (sorry I know it's a hard job) should intervene sooner then later.

As of right now i see a hatefull community & unresponsible admins/judges over an event that was supposed to be fun played and watched.

I am just sad about all this. Sad and dissapointed.

Sincerely

It works both way.

Even though this was an obvious case of cheating, people like you and the allies and guild members of Animosity come here and blindly defend them.

The GMs are truly neutral parties and just because you think they aren't doesn't make it true.

There was never any sort of hate around specific teams since the teams weren't even around long before USRC.
Hell, most people didn't know which team was which during USRC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you what a turtle is.

In this particular case, it's a turtle even though Lambor and friends want everyone else to believe that it's a green dog with a stylish backpack.

#68 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

Any one that used it should have been banned, but when it is telegraphed to say something will be done, that makes it obvious they did not intend to punish abusers,

for a few reasons, the GM team did not want to lose some big spenders.

Not pointing to any side its for the Majority of players that would rage quit when they have their cheat toys along with RMT gear taken away.

By the sounds of it, since I didn't watch it nor care to,

players on Animosity's team where just stupid, and got caught on stage when everyone was watching.

Edited by GhostShadow, 21 September 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#69 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

I assume Amy's post was just myzery lmao. This thread is gr8

#70 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

I am in no way defending this team under the premise that they cheated and it's "ok". If anyone were to be found rightfully cheating, based off of actual GM analysis of proof, and not CMs in a quick haste while hosting USRC, then they 100% deserve rightful termination (which is why an investigation by an actual GM is still under works). I am basing my argument off of the cold proof before my eyes, the videos, the live stream of the actual fight. FACTS. The mirroring delays/casts of the RK's, the cancelling out (therefore how could the argument that one team was using no delay and the other not, be valid?). That is the focal point of my argument. I only bought in the "vendetta" aspect because it is relevant to how the CM's proceeded with this during USRC. You have these people working under a bias spamming the twitch chats during USRC with "blah blah animosity is cheating, look at that RK, no delay so obvious", which the CM's do read on a live basis during the fight and then anxiously and quickly responded to.

Edited by lumnia223, 21 September 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#71 Amykawaii

Amykawaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

I assume Amy's post was just myzery lmao. This thread is gr8

meowidk. It was definitely me posting that, not James. hows.

#72 GhostShadow

GhostShadow

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

If you want to play damage control, push your guild leaders to kick the baddies from your guild that gave your guild a negative image and call it a day.

don't ask the general public to turn a blind eye just because it may or not be bias in opinion.

I am in no way defending this team under the premise that they cheated and it's "ok". If anyone were to be found rightfully cheating, based off of actual GM analysis of proof, and not CMs in a quick haste while hosting USRC, then they 100% deserve rightful termination (which is why an investigation by an actual GM is still under works). I am basing my argument off of the cold proof before my eyes, the videos, the live stream of the actual fight. FACTS. The mirroring delays/casts of the RK's, the cancelling out (therefore how could the argument that one team was using no delay and the other not, be valid?). That is the focal point of my argument. I only bought in the "vendetta" aspect because it is relevant to how the GM's proceeded with this during USRC. You have these people working under a bias spamming the twitch chats during USRC with "blah blah animosity is cheating, look at that RK, no delay so obvious", which the CM's do read on a live basis during the fight and then anxiously and quickly responded to.

#73 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

I am in no way defending this team under the premise that they cheated and it's "ok". If anyone were to be found rightfully cheating, based off of actual GM analysis of proof, and not CMs in a quick haste while hosting USRC, then they 100% deserve rightful termination (which is why an investigation by an actual GM is still under works). I am basing my argument off of the cold proof before my eyes, the videos, the live stream of the actual fight. FACTS. The mirroring delays/casts of the RK's, the cancelling out (therefore how could the argument that one team was using no delay and the other not, be valid?). That is the focal point of my argument. I only bought in the "vendetta" aspect because it is relevant to how the GM's proceeded with this during USRC. You have these people working under a bias spamming the twitch chats during USRC with "blah blah animosity is cheating, look at that RK, no delay so obvious", which the CM's do read on a live basis during the fight and then anxiously and quickly responded to.

You just said that the GMs could find whoever guilty, but then you go on to say that there's "facts" that they weren't cheating at all.

Spoiler: They were cheating

There's no mirroring at all, you're just repeating what Lambor and friends came up with to try and convince themselves they weren't cheating.

If you were actually in the chat, no one spammed cheating accusations until they were already DQ'd and even then it was mostly people like Dark Soul and other people from Animosity trying to troll.

The GMs don't make decisions based on what someone types in the chat of a stream.

Edited by Myzery, 21 September 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#74 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

quote from jake:
"Plus the second place winners (Koalified) also say that we had not cheated. So that's the first place team and second place team validating that we didn't cheat. Who do you think is correct?"

Of course that team would say you are legit, they were also an animosity team. You all claim that no one knows how to recognize nodelay.. but how would know what it looks like other than you all using it? fyi I was in animosity for a long time. I know all about the cheats that both Darksoul and Dan have shared amongst everyone. Quit trying to lie, no one believes you anyway.

p.s. sorry xellie

edit: arvin on the 1st place team are also allies to animosity in woe.

Sorry you think that Arvin with sundae law is allied to Ani. I did not know temp alliances were perma alliance.

As far as your other statement being able to know the mechanics of a game comes with time. Him being able to know what is lagit and not don't make him an abuser himself. I can always tell what is lagit and not myself make me a cheater? I as so many others have pay attention, and do our own looking into.

This topic looks more like a few individuals targeting a guild. Should keep to tickets.

As far as I can see if caught cheating in practice he and his team should of not even been allowed to participate. Actions should have Been brought on the abuser as well. I looked at the vid as well and myself see no abuse.

#75 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

You just said that the GMs could find whoever guilty, but then you go on to say that there's "facts" that they weren't cheating at all.

Spoiler: They were cheating

There's no mirroring at all, you're just repeating what Lambor and friends came up with to try and convince themselves they weren't cheating.

If you were actually in the chat, no one spammed cheating accusations until they were already DQ'd and even then it was mostly people like Dark Soul and other people from Animosity trying to troll.

The GMs don't make decisions based on what someone types in the chat of a stream.

I got banned from ROSE Online for being on the same map as a bot. I trust GMs a lot less to make just decisions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users