The amount of cheating in this game is unreal - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

The amount of cheating in this game is unreal

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#26 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

If one person is in cahoots with another, they are working in close partnership, usually conspiring to do something dishonest.

no $#!+ sherlock... thanks for that deep and meaningful insight... back to the depths of RO2 with you

Edited by Facekiller, 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#27 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

If one person is in cahoots with another, they are working in close partnership, usually conspiring to do something dishonest.

I have a dictionary too. Wait, lemme look something deep and meaningful up.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

"Gullible" was recently removed from the dictionary

#29 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

I have no ideas what you guys are saying XD

continuing TI... or should I keep on playing =_=??

#30 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

I have a dictionary too. Wait, lemme look something deep and meaningful up.

"Gullible" was recently removed from the dictionary

c88.jpg

#31 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

I have no ideas what you guys are saying XD

continuing TI... or should I keep on playing =_=??

If you I say "NO, stop playing.", will you?

Edited by Kaishun, 21 September 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#32 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

RMT thread? There was a screenshot in the OP of a trade window filled with multiples of ultra rare MVP cards. That was shut down (hidden) within 10 minutes of creation and no official mod response was applied to it.

What did I miss? Really not surprised about this. It seems there are still high end MvP cards/gears being dupped and RMT-ed. And some ultra rare cards are sooo obvious to spot on new users in the game. Tickets been sent about this matter and been assured its under watch yet I am not convinced looking at the situation before and now.

#33 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

What did I miss? Really not surprised about this. It seems there are still high end MvP cards/gears being dupped and RMT-ed. And some ultra rare cards are sooo obvious to spot on new users in the game. Tickets been sent about this matter and been assured its under watch yet I am not convinced looking at the situation before and now.

I won't post the image here due to the reasons Ralis mentioned, but it was an unedited trade window containing:

• 1 SS
  • 1 TT
  • 1 LK
  • 3 FBH
  • 1 Tanee
  • 1 Eddga
  • 2 Tao
  • 1 Gloom
  • 1 TG
  • 1 Kiel

#34 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Honestly, as long as there is a market items/zeny will be RMT, this hasn't changed in a decade, nor will it ever. Sadly.

#35 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Well , hope we don;t get banned for Auto Following another person in-game. 

#36 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

I say make it so MVP cards need a GMs approval to be traded from one account to another. That would solve the duping problem, I think. Since the GMs would need to transfer ownership, they would also be able to see WHEN, and WHERE the card came into existence...problem is, getting others on board with this...and having a guideline that is actually followed for the whole team.

#37 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Wouldn't they just start duping carded items?

#38 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Honestly, as long as there is a market items/zeny will be RMT, this hasn't changed in a decade, nor will it ever. Sadly.

That is true, but the case has worsen as those mvp cards and gears carded with mvps are being dupped.

#39 8697140725125654820

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

There has been a "guild" of botters in Payon dungeon almost 24/7 for at least a month. There's literally 5+ identical characters moving around through the same pre-set paths at any given time. 

Edited by 8697140725125654820, 21 September 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#40 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

There has been a "guild" of botters in Payon dungeon almost 24/7 for at least a month. There's literally 5+ identical characters moving around through the same pre-set paths at any given time

I noticed the same thing on one of the harpy maps. There was a group of like 10 bots blatantly botting together.

The sad part is, I didn't even think "I should report these bots," because I know damn well it's a waste of my time and nothing would be done about them.

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

I noticed the same thing on one of the harpy maps. There was a group of like 10 bots blatantly botting together.

The sad part is, I didn't even think "I should report these bots," because I know damn well it's a waste of my time and nothing would be done about them.

sLiaTlg.jpg

#bored

#42 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

If it were as easy to find gold as it is to find a bot, everyone who has ever played iRO for more than 3 minutes would be millionaires.

#43 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

I wonder if Convex Mirrors are getting silently duped. Their supply really should've dried up by now, and yet they're still bought and sold with alarming frequency.

#44 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

Well actually cheats/hacks is something I rarely see.

But botting is really extreme here. Yes, Payon Cave F1 is one of those places. There are so many bots. But they never walk to the south-east part of the map so if you wait a while ALL the mobs are there. And yeah I guess nobody cares about these bots. Players don't even need to report them as they are so incredibly obvious. A GM that just once a day goes to the top 5 bot maps would be enough. But obviously nobody really cares.

In that case, why not just directly state that botting is allowed and provide official botting tools for everyone? Then it's fair and square.

Right now only the people who want to obey the rules get punished.

#45 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

In that case, why not just directly state that botting is allowed and provide official botting tools for everyone? Then it's fair and square.

Nopenopenopenopenope.

mRO did that. Their server was eventually shut down due to a lack of profitability and, apparently, not meeting their contractual obligations with Gravity. This is in-part due to the fact that nobody PLAYED the game, but instead just let farming bots go on their merry, tireless way. Their players were encouraged to join our server btw, and our IP restrictions were relaxed to facilitate that.

It's little wonder that our bot numbers exploded shortly thereafter.

Botting does nothing good for the game in any sense. It ruins the economy with massive oversupply, skews item rarity and siphons zeny into the pockets of a few, ruins the competitive scene due to 99/70s running around that have no understanding of their classes (and therefore suck royally at PvP) or in rare cases have never even been played before, and ruins the social aspects of the game due to the population being over-inflated with AIs that don't interact with humans except to tele on sight.

Botting = bad. If I met a botter irl I'd kick them in the balls repeatedly.

On that note, do you bot?  :p_smile:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 22 September 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#46 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

Bots (farms) doesn't bother me as much, they get handled well if reported. But then again they just come back. On the other hand, exploits/cheats are game breaking and more important than bots if you look at it from a general point of view. As an example, for renewal case the MvP dups problem is rampant making bot issue insignificant. I'd prefer if this is handled for once and for all before anything.

#47 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Nopenopenopenopenope.

mRO did that. Their server was eventually shut down due to a lack of profitability and, apparently, not meeting their contractual obligations with Gravity. This is in-part due to the fact that nobody PLAYED the game, but instead just let farming bots go on their merry, tireless way. Their players were encouraged to join our server btw, and our IP restrictions were relaxed to facilitate that.

It's little wonder that our bot numbers exploded shortly thereafter.

Botting does nothing good for the game in any sense. It ruins the economy with massive oversupply, skews item rarity and siphons zeny into the pockets of a few, ruins the competitive scene due to 99/70s running around that have no understanding of their classes (and therefore suck royally at PvP) or in rare cases have never even been played before, and ruins the social aspects of the game due to the population being over-inflated with AIs that don't interact with humans except to tele on sight.

Botting = bad. If I met a botter irl I'd kick them in the balls repeatedly.

i find your sense of justice regarding botters lacking... they deserve no less than to have their knee caps torn from their legs and then dragged by horses

#48 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:06 AM

I won't post the image here due to the reasons Ralis mentioned, but it was an unedited trade window containing:

• 1 SS
  • 1 TT
  • 1 LK
  • 3 FBH
  • 1 Tanee
  • 1 Eddga
  • 2 Tao
  • 1 Gloom
  • 1 TG
  • 1 Kiel

And here I hoped GM still watched for duped mvps. Yet they jump on people for switching emblems like it's a huge offense, lol.

#49 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

Nope, I'm one of those who suffer because they abide the rules.

#50 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

I say make it so MVP cards need a GMs approval to be traded from one account to another. That would solve the duping problem, I think. Since the GMs would need to transfer ownership, they would also be able to see WHEN, and WHERE the card came into existence...problem is, getting others on board with this...and having a guideline that is actually followed for the whole team.

maybe they should make mvp cards account bound. that way, every trade will have to go through gm team and most likely kill mvp cards duping and rmt. if you put the cards on a gear, it will become account bound too.

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 22 September 2014 - 05:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users