I'd like to question the future of Rose Online & its current game development strategy - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I'd like to question the future of Rose Online & its current game development strategy

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 Djerba

Djerba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Dear Rose Team,

What is your goal with your current game patch / update strategy ?

- Trade restrictions

- Refine system nerf

- IM to win

I'll keep this short.

I play this game for over 4 years now and, in my opinion, the most patches & updates contribute to devaluation of this game. I can understand you need to make changes to the game someway it will develop some profit to grow.

BUT .........

The current strategy is not the right way. The game has, despite major competition, a large potential to be a very addictive game. Advertise the game, get more players (more income to IM), hire new staff and let the game evolve into new content.

Some facts & suggestions:

- If you want to be top-end-game competitive (refining, max stats, .... the list is endless), you HAVE to use the IM in some way. 

- Lack of endgame content & wrong development priority list (more gems for same content ?)

- Missing a Super Uber Boss which is almost impossible to kill

- Farming (the BASE of this game) is NOT rewarding at all

- Develop more unique, long-term events en quests

Plz reconsider your future strategy and think of all the potential the game has !

Edited by Leonis, 08 October 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Actually, you're no longer required to use the item mall at all. Give me 1 thing you can do in the IM that you can't do in regular game play [I'll give you a hint there's only 1] 

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Create 8 characters per account?

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Character limit per account can be voided by unbinders and multiple accounts.

#5 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Let's take the question in reverse. Name 1 thing that have no IM or IM related.

#6 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

trolling in the ingame chat still works, it's not yet restricted :P

Edited by SlowBob, 24 September 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#7 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

Djerba,

To respond to the thread's subject, we are not reducing the value of ROSE. How you see this is a little confusing to me, because we do see the big picture and have been working towards it with the recent several updates the past two years.

Typically with each update we have expressed the goal and reasons for their implementation.

For the trade restrictions, it was covering a recognized game play issue where players were taking the in-game earned currency of Valor and Honor and transferring them to the equipment purchased, which would go to the market and the equipment was no longer looked at as something that needed to be earned by an individual, but purchased by the wealthy. We wanted to return to the intended design of what it was created for, which was for personal goals to work towards and achieve.

The reduction to catalysts impact, was because the rate it was providing as a bonus took away the sense of accomplishment for the risk and reward, not to mention nearly secured a guaranteed maximum refined item if you had the money to support doing so. It put another further gap between those who could afford it and couldn't. Being one of the last remaining aspects to Item Mall exclusivity with the additional refine success and protection items, we're very much aware of that and as with other aspects that have been implemented to an in-game availability, there are concepts and plans being worked on that would remove this from being an Item Mall exclusive availability.

"Item Mall to win" essentially, "pay-to-win" is something we've been working to reduce for a while, and this latest update took out one of the major remaining aspects to it, while adding various long term considerations to game play to work towards.

As for what the Item Mall is, I have expressed before that the Item Mall is how we are able to support ROSE's services, support and development. The idea of a "free to play" game, means you are free to play it without having to spend money. You are capable of being able to play throughout the entire world as it is currently, without needing to make a purchase or provide any kind of currency. However, we offer services and shortcuts for those who may not have the time to dedicate to game play but want to keep up on their advancements, increase their playing experience for the limited time they do have. That is where the experience and drop medals come in, specials foods to help recover quickly with to continue game play, and even allow players to customize their appearances with for personal enjoyment.

However you might perceive what our "current strategy" might be, here's some facts for you to consider.

You've made these statements:

• If you want to be top-end-game competitive (refining, max stats, .... the list is endless), you HAVE to use the IM in some way. 
    • You do not. The recent implementation of the Enchantment Scroll makes it possible for players, as they find stats, to keep them on hand, and transfer them to equipment they wish to upgrade or change to. Obtaining the stats that are most ideal or most powerful, is not impossible, as many crafters have discovered and have been making good use of with the Enchantment Scrolls. To state you "HAVE" to is false. What you're making out to be a forced venture, is opinionated by the fact that using the Item Mall, only makes it easier. But it is certainly NOT forced.
  • Lack of endgame content & wrong development priority list (more gems for same content ?)
    • It seems you have a very specific definition of what "end game content" should be. But what "end game content" is, is anything that you continue to work for, when you are unable to level further. In which case, we've implemented the expanded appraisal stat list, and additional gems to allow for players to further improve their abilities in-game, through various channels they can obtain different strengths now. Wrong development priority, you say? We saw it as a way to add a longevity to an old and existing feature of game play that was underused and under-appreciated.
  • Missing a Super Uber Boss which is almost impossible to kill
    • I take it this is a suggestion, as players have been able to gain in strength, monsters have not been adjusted accordingly. Well here's the thing, we can't just start increasing all the monster's strengths, because we've added the potential to become stronger as a player. There is still a base line that everyone has to experience, and grow through in order to become stronger. That being said, we do have plans to make more difficult content in due time, but we're not going to arbitrarily increase monster strength and make it difficult for those who may not be a long time, highly geared player.  Also, you make the statement "impossible to kill" I can do that, but what's the fun in that? The fun is making something that's challenging, and for the longer time players your equipment and skill exceeds the current setup for what was difficult. So it's time for us to move the notch a bit up the belt as well with future content.
  • Farming (the BASE of this game) is NOT rewarding at all
    • It's interesting to me that you believe the "base" or "core" of ROSE is to farm. I don't see it as that at all, and I don't think everyone would agree with you on that fact either. ROSE is an MMORPG, with many various points of game play features that many can invest in to, aside from farming. The PvP aspect has been a strong pull for the competitive type. There's also quests, which some do for the story and to learn about the world, explore and be more immersed in and enjoy. Crafting, as a form of creation to help others with becoming stronger, or another form of support, the Cleric. There's also the social aspect of just hanging out with your friends in a fantasy world each enjoys. It's not just about farming.
  • Develop more unique, long-term events en quests
    • Easier said then done and you are welcome to provide your ideas and suggestions, as we do listen and review a vast majority of them that are presented to us on the forums and messages. We're not always able to accommodate them, partially because of missing supporting systems, or what's being suggested is out of the scope of what we feel ROSE is. But we do keep track of it and work towards what we agree would provide additional enjoyment to game play. The final reason why something may not be used right away, is because of just time and manpower. We are a small development team and with our limited resources to invest in to development projects, we have to be very selective about what we green light and work on.

We have taken several player quests and implemented them, to which they've been enjoyed, but no quest content can ever remain truly "unique" for long periods of time, as they are played, anyone would become used to and accustomed to what it offers. There are ways to make it diverse, but in the sense of being "unique" for long periods of time, is the dream of any game developer to achieve.

#8 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Correct me if im wrong, but to be top player u have to buy the new IM General passives which are not available through valor, honor or premium shops?

So this means its Pay2Win right?

Edited by Peteer, 25 September 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#9 GooglyEyes

GooglyEyes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

Correct me if im wrong, but to be top player u have to buy the new IM General passives which is not available through valor, honor or premium shops?

So this means its Pay2Win right?

WIth the last update they are available in the honor/valor shops :)

#10 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

WIth the last update they are available in the honor/valor shops :)

Oh didnt noticed it yet, thanks!

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Epics, PvP Sets, Valor Sets, Dungeon Sets, Gems, Catalyst, Chemicals, Materials [Valor + honor shops have these], CG's, Jewelry, should I continue?

Edited by Zurn, 25 September 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#12 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

ChampPower is trolling you Feuer hahaha

Some facts & suggestions:

- If you want to be top-end-game competitive (refining, max stats, .... the list is endless), you HAVE to use the IM in some way. 

- Lack of endgame content & wrong development priority list (more gems for same content ?)

Plz reconsider your future strategy and think of all the potential the game has !

@ OP

bro, before you posted your opinion make it sure that you have the right basis and you said facts.. do you know what does fact mean?

according to this http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fact fact is a knowledge or information based oreal occurrences.

Bro, you said "If you want to be top-end-game competitive (refining, max stats, .... the list is endless), you HAVE to use the IM in some way. " you considered is as a fact? haha item mall is optional and you can still become a top-tier bro, its just a matter of time investment here, no pain no gain, we can't become strong in an instant.

"Lack of endgame content & wrong development priority list (more gems for same content ?)"

^ Are you really sure? can you please elaborate and justify it further, because its not.

You said you are playing this game for 4 years? wow! and you still have the guts to say that? Bro, please look at mirror first before you posted here, think 100 times. You are the worst farmer I've ever encountered.

#13 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

With the new rates of catalysts you can't make (15)s without IM anymore...feel free to prove me wrong.

#14 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

gojio and champpower, you sirs deserve my like

#15 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

Some players (like me), new content = new planets as farming place.

While for developers or some players, new content = new gems, new dungeons, new stats, new costumes..

ROSE Online = Rush On Seven Episodes Online which we suppose to have 7 planets.
So let's be honest here, is rose team going to continue develop new content (new planets)? From what we see for the past few years, u guys are moving away from the original ROSE definition.

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

OH, so wait. You're saying that a 25% chance is equivelent to 0% or even a negative [ei crune spits in your hand while he breaks your item?] Get real Gojio, just because it was reduced and is more of a challenge, doesn't mean you CANNOT do it at all. 

Edited by Zurn, 25 September 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#17 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

With the new rates of catalysts you can't make (15)s without IM anymore...feel free to prove me wrong.

According to the DEV Team's logic, there is still a possibility for the players to make the refined 15 without the need of IM, even though that possibility is lower than being hit by lightning or winning lottery. Do the calculation and see for yourself the possibilities of refining 1 piece of EQ without IM and refining 4 pieces of EQs per set.

#18 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

If we can't say anything nice, don't say it at all.

#19 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

If we can't say anything nice, don't say it at all.

Thanks for helping to clean up the topic.

#20 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

The moment I see more than several posts of a same person and Feuer I decide not to read them at all. Am I doing it right?

#21 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

OH, so wait. You're saying that a 25% chance is equivelent to 0% or even a negative [ei crune spits in your hand while he breaks your item?] Get real Gojio, just because it was reduced and is more of a challenge, doesn't mean you CANNOT do it at all. 

Do it and post a video.

#22 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

Decided to calculate the likeliness of being able to refine your weapon from +10 to +15 in one go. Came out with an approximate one in five thousand chance (did not bother the exact number as it was 0.0021451 something). And yeah, you'll probably say 'maybe not in one go, but after failing a few times surely you'll be able to get there no?' That's a joke. You're more likely to refine your item from +10 to +7 than from 10 to 15. I for one am not going to bother with the current rates to refine anything further than +10.

Edited by jerremy, 25 September 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#23 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

Decided to calculate the likeliness of being able to refine your weapon from +10 to +15 in one go. Came out with a one in five hundred chance. And yeah, you'll probably say 'maybe not in one go, but after failing a few times surely you'll be able to get there no?' That's a joke. You're more likely to refine your item from +10 to +7 than from 10 to 15. I for one am not going to bother with the current rates to refine anything further than +10.

How is that one in five hundred chance? Each refine level is continuously building upon the previous level. If you fail, the refine level falls back to the previous level. As the result, to calculate the overall probability of refining your weapon from 10 to 15, you are not adding the probability of each level because they are not the independent event. Instead, you have to multiply them together. Try to redo the calculation again using the highest probabilities of each level (using the highest li sent, but without IM). After that, please post your new answer.

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

oh god not probability debates again. jesus christ it never ends. 

#25 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

It saddens me to that they touch the core game so much. a >50% refine nerf is a really big deal :( I have 6 2xx chars now and I don't even have all that U - I have like 50 right now, nor do I have all that zuly to buy all of those nepturunes and lisents..I know you are trying to make the Mall more attractive but this is outrageous.

You're thinking of the best case scenario with everyone having stacks of U (even though they just drop every now and then in dungeons and from bosses) and having access to IM..one fail and you drop back one grade which just took you 20 times to get to.

And yeah, there are people defending the change, people like Feuer who have played this game for years, spend real money and literally only refine things for fun or to try something new out, never to try and give basic gear to their characters, as they already have all that.

Its 50 points, 125m on draconis to even try to refine something without wrecking all of your previous progress. And then still, it's not even 30%. You're looking at 375m spent per refine?

This is a desperate outcry, to be honest. There's no way in hell I'll ever get just one +15 set with the current percentages given by catalysts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users