I've got on and had a good prod around the new WoE map and I have to say that it's much better designed than prontera WoE. Although the map is positively massive it should see some good use out of kafra saves and scumbag recall. Some of the good things I like are:
- West and east fort are huge and open once you get inside there is a lot of breathing room unlike prontera's east and east. Once a guild gets into the fort and contests another I'm sure we'll see some actual action instead of mortar/catapult spam/praying on guardians to do your work.
- The open-ness of the map should generally allow forces to not get funneled and controlled so easily, setting up easy chokepoint kills like prontera.
- There's no main gate (awesome) so there is likely to be more contested chaos around the map since people couldn't get past it to access the rest of the map.
There are bad points though..
- THE ONLY ACCESS TO THE CASTLE IS THROUGH STAIRS. VERY LONG, NARROW, SPIRAL STAIRS WHICH YOU ARE VERY LIKELY TO FALL OFF IN LAG. We all know how OP as hell stairs are in WoE time and these look to be the worst by far.. I can imagine half of an attacking group just falling off an dying in the lag.
- Too many guardians in east and west fort, their numbers don't add up to the guardians presented on the castle at all. I think everyone is pretty sick of guardians at this point. The openness of the forts offers fair opportunities for attacking guilds but I fear the guardians are going to take a bigger role than they should yet again.
- The flying kafra from the 3rd entrance flies much too close to east/west. It should fly to the sides of the castle IMO.
Of course there hasn't been an actual WoE yet but these are just speculations on how it's going to play out.
You have however really butchered it by putting both WoEs on the same time as we likely won't see a heavily contested morocc OR prontera WoE due to an alliance holding each one. After the first opening WoE the map will "stabilize" and each alliance will go to their respective map during times while being uncontested. More WoE times = more to do = more competition and action between guilds = can only be a good thing. Please make it happen :/
Edited by 9632130515120055620, 30 September 2014 - 03:01 AM.