Hiding Skill - Abused? - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Hiding Skill - Abused?

75 replies to this topic

#26 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

sound nice :3, may be i will give my SM skill detection now, 'cause now even my sin can't farm HGP these days p_p 

#27 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

An SP drain wouldn't do much since SP pots can be macro'd and it's they're not that expensive.

A duration limit + cooldown similar to Ymir Child could balance things up, you would inevitably unhide in hostile areas farming pilarnium and you couldn't just endlessly hide in PvP maps.

As for the 2x damage everyone should need to proc for that, hiding isn't what I would call a proc.

#28 M00KIE

M00KIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

On the topic of farming, i've run into a lot of people channel hopping to farm gold in Road of Blessed......do these people seriously think they are going faster by taking the time to reload the ui on a different channel? The spawn time on the nodes is incredibly short, so anyone without hide/exceed/shadow form, all maxed, will not be able to keep up with the closest half dozen or so.

#29 AndruMdz

AndruMdz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

i really dont know whats the problem on use hide for farm i mean i dont think that "hide" have to be limited to not farm in that state cause i dont have a sin to do that and yeah maybe with one the things will be a little bit fast but there more ways to farm i normally farm that kind of material with my knight i just found the way to do that let them use "hide" if they want we all are able to level up a thief and be a sin cause like i read here there is no level limit to do that. maybe i will make one just to farm with him and use it like and storage for material and not have my bag and storage so full e.e/

#30 chronojxf007

chronojxf007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ChronoJXF
  • Server:Playing Warframe

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

What made you think that this is a fair game?

Yes, there are enough dye-/ drop-rate hackers, mats/dna botters and of course those who glitch bosses to get an advantage. There were also other things like duped items, tradeable colo gear, premade Jehoon fights, Embus abusal, WoE entrance camping, etc. The "respect" seems to be pretty low.

To solve the "invisible gathering" issue would be rather easy... make players visible. Hide still has other uses and it would be 'fair' for everyone.

A way to balance Hide in a more general way would be to remove the speed bonus. Then, deactivating hide would make perfect sense again, because otherwise it would be hard to chase players. In addition, AoE skills would be more likely to reveal hidden players, and that skill needs better counters. In regard of farming, a 'normal' character might turn out to be faster (or at least not much slower) killing monsters and then gather mats instead.

A bit more preferrrable would be to limit the duration of that skill and/or increasing the cooldown. That skill should then be active only for half the time. Hiding Exceed // Camouflage Mastery might then increase the duration again (vigor to reduce the cooldown).

Another way to limit the duration would be by adding a high SP drain (see RO1 Cloaking).

Off topic but x2 damage out of hiding is ridiculous

That make sin, rogue, ranger big advantage in pvp & woe

This game is not like RO1 where you can multi client to have a soul master follow you

Suggestions:

Remove x2 damage effect

Hiding cost mana per second

Sell detect skill scroll (Blood Point)

An SP drain wouldn't do much since SP pots can be macro'd and it's they're not that expensive.

A duration limit + cooldown similar to Ymir Child could balance things up, you would inevitably unhide in hostile areas farming pilarnium and you couldn't just endlessly hide in PvP maps.

As for the 2x damage everyone should need to proc for that, hiding isn't what I would call a proc.

Asking for nerfs to Hide skill of Hide classes? It's been months devs saw that Thief classes are still weak that's why they put penetration in Assassins and revert back the original capability of Unstable Doping from Rogues. Rangers are already nerfed well before so no need nerfing their skill "Camouflage" "Hide = Attack skill" is like a "sneak attack" that's why it is preferred to be an attack skill x2 dmg while in hide. That nerf request is also asking for nerfs to other class  :D

"Hide + unhides to gather mats?" that's just hilarious  :heh:  no Hide class likes to blow their cover while in a mission  :heh:  and SP drain while hide? Quiet waste of time again w/ that  :lol: 

Hiding Skill - Abused? It is already a part of Hide class using Hide/Camouflage since day 1  :lol:

Hard to farm pillarnium? Don't be lazy, Go make a Hide class. If someone messed w/ you, throw a bread to their mouth and say "Suck that up you snickers"  :ok:  :heh:

Besides, we all still waiting for that total rebalance of chars  :)

Edited by chronojxf007, 02 October 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#31 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Asking for nerfs to Hide skill of Hide classes? It's been months devs saw that Thief classes are still weak that's why they put penetration in Assassins and revert back the original capability of Unstable Doping from Rogues. Rangers are already nerfed well before so no need nerfing their skill "Camouflage" "Hide = Attack skill" is like a "sneak attack" that's why it is preferred to be an attack skill x2 dmg while in hide. That nerf request is also asking for nerfs to other class  :D

"Hide + unhides to gather mats?" that's just hilarious  :heh:  no Hide class likes to blow their cover while in a mission  :heh:  and SP drain while hide? Quiet waste of time again w/ that  :lol: 

Hiding Skill - Abused? It is already a part of Hide class using Hide/Camouflage since day 1  :lol:

Hard to farm pillarnium? Don't be lazy, Go make a Hide class. If someone messed w/ you, throw a bread to their mouth and say "Suck that up you snickers"  :ok:  :heh:

I don't know if you exactly get my point.  I know it's already a part of a thief's skill tree since Day 1 BUT most thief classes are abusing the Hide skill because they're doing "ninja-looting"; that is, they know a player is killing a mob in order to gather the pillarniums and yet they sneaked in and harvest it themselves. It's just wrong, yknow? Sorry if I can't explain well since English is not my main language. 

Also, please don't say "dont be lazy" in farming pillarniums. I've been farming nonstop and have completed my Osi set without buying anything (Thanks Tifa!). Fact is, it's not that I'm lazy, I just don't WANT to create another class. I leveled up my character to ML20 in order to farm materials on an ML20 map. 

@Greven

I don't know, since the game is hosted outside our country, I was thinking better security and, well, no hacks lol. I also agree to your suggestion to make the players visible while gathering. That way we can see who is doing the ninja-thing. Actually, all your suggestions are nice. 

#32 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

Nerf other classes? WTF dude? Hide to farm pillarnium or walk through a dungeon super fast and farm rare DNA since day 1. Hide classes got a big advantage since day 1. And they should be nerf! All hide classes should be glad that they still got hide skill.

Let's me guess, you're a rogue?  :heh:

x2 damage while in hide is ridiculous since sin/rogue/archer got high dps & high crit rate already.

Don't you dare to say they are weak in defense nowaday. With ridiculous refine formular & master level gear. Defense is not a problem.

The problem is : Who crit first win the battle.

There is no point give them x2 damage while they being invisible & being safe in the shadow.

And yea SP drain like 200 per second should be enough  :heh:

Edited by HikariKouka, 02 October 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#33 chronojxf007

chronojxf007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ChronoJXF
  • Server:Playing Warframe

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

HikariKouka  :heh: I'm glad I'm famous now  :heh: 
We all know it is rude that, [ they're doing "ninja-looting"; that is, they know a player is killing a mob in order to gather the pillarniums and yet they sneaked in and harvest it themselves. ] that's why a Hiding char is essential in farming Pillarniums right now, We all people trying not to wasting time also [use a class w/o Hide skill ]  Seriously it is a matter of Hide,Seek and Farm @Pillarniums and Gold Ores. Hide skill are more abused by botters and macroers. I would suggest the "Presence radius" and "Presence meter" for Hide classes and Monsters/Opponents (lazy to describe)
For suggestions on nerfs to Hide skill, well goodluck to you guys  :thumb2:
 (seriosly I'm the type of player who wants minimal and equal balance of gameplay to the game)
It is hard to earn respect from our presence to other people farming pillarniums also; it is a "first come per serve" on farming pillarnium nowadays + imagine the population of iRO2 right now, Desperation from people always comes out.

Edited by chronojxf007, 02 October 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#34 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

Hide isnt what needs to be "nerfed". Making players visible WHEN gathering/mining seems more reasonable. However, you cant also nerf hide speed either. You forget the passives from thief and sin/rogue skill trees that increase speed when moving, those would need to be modified too. You also forget rangers also have this. Sins/rogues arent the only stealth classes ;) I had max camo on my ranger before, as well as camo mastery, thus he could hide and farm while still moving relatively fast. If you nerf hide for thief class, youd have to nerf for rangers too? Don't think they'd approve yet another nerf to them. Same goes for the "x2 dmg out of hide", which, btw, you guys dont realize it only happens once in a battle, until the person is out of combat mode? And it doesnt affect -all- skills anyways. So think before asking for nerfs indiscriminately; see the whole picture instead of just one class/situation.It would be for worse, and would require much more work from devs. I rather let them focus on general balance, than further focus on just one,two classes and keep messing with them. I, too, seek for balance,for everyone, not a "class of the month" thing. I do agree with the uncloaking during gather/mine actions; it wouldn't affect the class perfomance itself and wouldn't require hard work from devs either. And I play an assassin myself, but i still respect other classes.

I already helped angelsnare with spots/alternatives to farm pillarnium, and theres always been alternatives for those wanting to gather/farm other mats (ores/herbs) without hide.

I'd prefer if we keep this topic about those alternatives or what could be done to prevent botters/rude people, than to discuss about nerfing a class. There's other threads for that, and it may turn this one into a flamefest and battlefield of classes .__.'

#35 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hide isnt what needs to be "nerfed". Making players visible WHEN gathering/mining seems more reasonable. However, you cant also nerf hide speed either. You forget the passives from thief and sin/rogue skill trees that increase speed when moving, those would need to be modified too. You also forget rangers also have this. Sins/rogues arent the only stealth classes ;) I had max camo on my ranger before, as well as camo mastery, thus he could hide and farm while still moving relatively fast. If you nerf hide for thief class, youd have to nerf for rangers too? Don't think they'd approve yet another nerf to them. Same goes for the "x2 dmg out of hide", which, btw, you guys dont realize it only happens once in a battle, until the person is out of combat mode? And it doesnt affect -all- skills anyways. So think before asking for nerfs indiscriminately; see the whole picture instead of just one class/situation.It would be for worse, and would require much more work from devs. I rather let them focus on general balance, than further focus on just one,two classes and keep messing with them. I, too, seek for balance,for everyone, not a "class of the month" thing. I do agree with the uncloaking during gather/mine actions; it wouldn't affect the class perfomance itself and wouldn't require hard work from devs either. And I play an assassin myself, but i still respect other classes.

I already helped angelsnare with spots/alternatives to farm pillarnium, and theres always been alternatives for those wanting to gather/farm other mats (ores/herbs) without hide.

I'd prefer if we keep this topic about those alternatives or what could be done to prevent botters/rude people, than to discuss about nerfing a class. There's other threads for that, and it may turn this one into a flamefest and battlefield of classes .__.'

Actually I'm not asking for nerfs indiscriminately.

Everyone know in the begining thief & ranger got big advantage in this game. Hide to walk through dungeon or run super fast to gather herb & mining gold. That made them very strong in zeny making at the 1st place.

Like you said it's a unique of thief & ranger class. I agree since it just effected PvE side.

BUT on PvP side:

Double damage while in hiding state is really anoying with broken stats & gears nowaday.

One hit out of hide and they already take down half of the target's HP or even more is ridiculous.

And other classes can't do anything to attack them while they're hiding (except SM spam detect skill). It's not fair when hide classes always get the element of surprise & deal tons of damage you know?

"In WoE they can do it once" and result?

The target died and the killer immediately fade away to find next target, right?

#36 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:11 PM

I've got no comments on the pvp side. I think not nerfing hide is pretty reasonable when it comes to pvp, since that's what assassins/rogues are for, right? Conceal-Kill-Hide again. I can maybe just suggest improvement on the SM detection skill rather than nerfing x2 damage of assassin.

Moreover, I just want solutions to farming better for those who are not using thief class.

EDIT:

Additional~ I also like Arbalist's idea about not letting combat mode break gathering.  :p_hi:

Edited by angelsnare, 02 October 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#37 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

I've got no comments on the pvp side. I think not nerfing hide is pretty reasonable when it comes to pvp, since that's what assassins/rogues are for, right? Conceal-Kill-Hide again. I can maybe just suggest improvement on the SM detection skill rather than nerfing x2 damage of assassin.

Moreover, I just want solutions to farming better for those who are not using thief class.

EDIT:

Additional~ I also like Arbalist's idea about not letting combat mode break gathering.  :p_hi:

Conceal - Kill - Hide is good when they were squishy.

But now they're tanky as hell you know  :heh:

Or make everyone can detect by sell detect scroll in BP shop  :heh:

Edited by HikariKouka, 02 October 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#38 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

They're quite tanky, yes. That's why I suggested making improvements instead on SM's detection skill (Reduce CD / make it like RO1's Ruwach skill, etc IDK lol) or yes, selling detection scrolls. It will be unfair for the thief class in pvp if ever x2 damage is nerfed. It is the only skill that makes them really shine.

#39 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

Are hiding skills abused? Yes. 

Is hiding a bad design? Yes.

Should it be revoked? Yes.

Would that happen? Nay.

Will stressing help? Yay. 

#40 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

Oh, I think I missed that one.

That would be lovely, but please make it happen before nerfing hidden gathering.

#41 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

If Arbalist's idea will be implemented, then there's no need to nerf/change hiding while gathering  :p_hi:  Hopefully, it will be implemented! 

#42 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

Well, harrassing other players is still something to fix.

#43 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'm sorry for going offtopic here. I'll keep it on spoilers since this is mainly directed as a response to Hikari, and he/she is free to reply and continue the conversation with me on PMs , so that we leave this thread on topic ^^

(warning, wall of text D: )

Spoiler

On topic: Harassing is always bad and should be reported. I approve of Arbalist's idea, and the idea of unhide when gathering, those seem more reasonable. This thread is a complaint about unfairness in Gathering after all. Not about uses of Hide on PvP ;)

Edited by TifaValentine, 03 October 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#44 M00KIE

M00KIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hiding is obviously abused, yes, but that does not mean the game's mechanics need a lot of change. I would still be happy if my characters had a timed hide, but it would not be good to remove the buff to gather. And making them visible by players when farming would only result in SMs abusing detection by spamming it on every farmer they see, so it would only work if detection only worked in PVP against players. In my experience there are equally as many farmers being disrespectful who aren't hiding classes as one who are, anyway. My point is that abusers are in every class and not limited in farming to sins, rogues, and rangers.

For those who don't want to make one, that is their choice. It does not take long to make a character and level hide to the point where your speed is above normal run speed. But, if a change were to be made, I would suggest that yes, hiding is timed to 30min or an hour. It also is player visible when farming or PVP (like in a party). In PVP the hide damage bonus is reduced to 50% increase instead of 2x. Lastly, soulmakers cannot use detection on a player outside of PVP. Then it would simply be a matter of reporting abusers to support with screenshots/vid captures.

#45 babiddy

babiddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

Or you guys can just create hiding class characters to farm materials. What i do suggest is for certain monsters to detect characters in hide.

#46 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Wow. So many answers... this seems to be a delicate matter.

In regard of Hide // Camouflage, there are three balancing aspects:

• focus on the farming issues
  • concentrate on botting/macroing
  • address the overall skill inbalance

Changes in either method could influence the others. I.e. fixing the farming issues can affect the overall balance of the skill and vice versa.

Shortcut:

Spoiler

Farming

Spoiler

Botting/Macroing

Spoiler

Overall inbalances

Spoiler

Random side notes:

Spoiler

Edited by Greven79, 06 October 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#47 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

In order to prevent thread derailing, I'll be pming you Greven, to reply to your post!~

#48 Aoshiki

Aoshiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Funny enough my sister said something kind of true, why they don't make a minimun level requirement for farming pillarniun. since most of the stealth classes farming are thieves... if they make a minimun lvl farming requirement for pillarnium it will put people on spot since leveling will be required.

#49 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wow. So many answers... this seems to be a delicate matter.

The thread title doesn't help. 

#50 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

:wah:  Is anything wrong with the title? Sorry if I'm slow.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users