Taking too long to dl game - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Taking too long to dl game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SmashnBash

SmashnBash

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

Hi everyone, i haven't played ragnarok in many years now and now i would love to get back into it but i'm having a hard time dling the game. It dls like 5% then it stops for the rest of the day, why is that? can anyone help me out. My internet isnt capped or anything and im dling from Australia.

Thanks

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

The official dl is crap. Download from irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches

#3 SmashnBash

SmashnBash

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

The official dl is crap. Download from irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches

which one do i download?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

iRO Wiki Hosted iRO 13.2 Renewal Full Client

If that still doesn't work, and you have a bit torrent client, use the bittorrent download.

#5 SmashnBash

SmashnBash

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

iRO Wiki Hosted iRO 13.2 Renewal Full Client

If that still doesn't work, and you have a bit torrent client, use the bittorrent download.

I'm dowloading it atm and i also dled a 11.1 patch sakray or w/e client from gamespot or something and it says cant connect to server.......this is proving to be more difficult then i had thought lol.
Problem now the dl of 13.2 client from wiki on my download tab has a icon of a white piece of paper and that usually means i don't have a program or w/e to read the file but cant be 100% sure until i fully dl it.
Is there a cd of the game i can purchase somewhere it would make my life a lot easier

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, the 11.1 client wouldn't work anymore. That's like 3 years old. iRO moved ISP's last year, and the patch server redirect was discontinued a few months later.

The version from the wiki should be a .msi file.

If it is showing as an unidentified file type once it finishes and won't run, open the folder it's in, set the folder to show extensions (view -> folder options, uncheck hide file extensions for known file types), and rename the file to something ending in .msi (ex: IROInstaller.msi). Any supported windows system should work with MSI assuming you've run windows update at some point in the past 8 years or so.

#7 SmashnBash

SmashnBash

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, the 11.1 client wouldn't work anymore. That's like 3 years old. iRO moved ISP's last year, and the patch server redirect was discontinued a few months later.

The version from the wiki should be a .msi file.

If it is showing as an unidentified file type once it finishes and won't run, open the folder it's in, set the folder to show extensions (view -> folder options, uncheck hide file extensions for known file types), and rename the file to something ending in .msi (ex: IROInstaller.msi). Any supported windows system should work with MSI assuming you've run windows update at some point in the past 8 years or so.

Ok i'll give it a go, now i just wait for the dl to finish. Hope it works i would really like to be able to play rag again. Thanks mr/ms moderator :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users