10/8 Tetsuya Nomura Birthday Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/8 Tetsuya Nomura Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Tetsuya Nomura (野村 哲也 Nomura Tetsuya?, born October 8, 1970) is a Japanese video game artist, designer and director working for Square Enix (formerly Square). He designed characters for the Final Fantasy series, debuting with Final Fantasy V and continuing with various later installments. Additionally, Nomura helmed the development of the Kingdom Heartsseries starting in 2002 and was also the director for the CGI film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.[1] 

His work on those series' have shaped the biggest JRPG series' of modern times, with his iconic (extremely recognizable) work defining the look of the genre. Oftentimes controversial, his styles and stories marked a major shift from the more traditional RPG designs of the earlier FF games. (I haven't played a FF outside of 1, 3, 6 and Tactics so I can't really speak to that).

On to the notes!

Halloween Quest-currently finishing up for implementation this week.

HalloweenQuest2014.jpg

Begin the quest by speaking with Undead Danielle in the Prontera Graveyard to begin!

One more week of the fishing quest, cooldowns of the treasure map will be reduced

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

Who here has played The Bouncer?

imo Nomura kinda killed the Final Fantasy aesthetic; Amano's designs of beautiful heroes with exotic, colourfully patterned robes and armour were almost a staple of the franchise and to be expected of it. Now it's just about zippers, belts and various shades of grey and beige >.<

Nomura is very grounded in reality, though he extrapolates on it a bit, while Amano is more surrealist and "fantastic". I guess Nomura is more in line with current tastes though!

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 October 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER

#4 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

i'm pretty sure i got far too much excitement out of the bouncer for what it was. i do not care. koh supremacy get out if you a disbeliever.

halloween, eh? give me pumpkin hats i need overup'd useless holiday hats!!!! this is not a joke. i am already on a quest for a +10 santa hat.

#5 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:58 AM

Hello!

Is there an exp or drops event planned due to the server downtime we experienced over the weekend? Or is there a plan to compensate for our VIP time?

thanks in advance! :)

#6 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:24 AM

Can you look into increasing the drop rate for Guild Surplus Boxes in the Challenge Dungeon, so the event helps everyone and not just champions.

#7 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

You should definitely go back and play FF4 and FF5 if you ever have time, Oda.

FF6 is probably my all time favorite, but FF4 is amazing and After Years isn't bad either.

#8 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are my favs.

#9 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

FF Tactics is still my fav game ever.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

Can you look into increasing the drop rate for Guild Surplus Boxes in the Challenge Dungeon, so the event helps everyone and not just champions.

^

essay incoming

#11 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Havent been able to find the treasure in the following maps:

Morroc 12

Hugel 06

Rachel 01

How long do you plan for the TLAPD stuff to stay in? Can you give us some advance warning so you dont have people complaining about late notice forcing you to keep it in for extra weeks at a time.

Also can you give us some details about your plans for the rest of the year/next year? You've been doing some work on the training grounds, but we've still got New World and stuff like KVM to be implemented. Will implementing New World prevent you from doing the events because of mobdb shenanigans?

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

So I don't understand why we are subjected to events that create superpowered champions (tho it is fun sometimes) - this is kind of champion online.

As a reminder :

• the delay in implementation of DG was stated to be balance concerns related to champions
  • Blue herbs were not put into guild supplies boxes as a significant rate because of infinite gfist

However, we have mental pots repeatedly in the cash shop (this buffs gfist significantly), we have the evil marching hat (this buffs gfist significantly), and multiple events now have created huge amounts of yggseeds in surplus (this buffs gfist significantly), we have infinite blues from bg that work in pvp and woe (this buffs gfist significantly).

Obviously there is some contradiction going on here. Please revisit the GSB drops to help other classes keep up with champions in terms of SP, buff the drop rate of GSB from the challenge dungeon (400 seeds an hour vs 5-6 boxes).

Whilst I currently have 2k + GSBs in storage (I "persuade" my guild to hunt for the future) smaller guilds do not stand a chance to fight against those already in control of the GDs/castles. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, please make GSBs significant outside of GD. You no nothing but make the strong stronger in the current state. This is not sustainable for start up guilds.

Furthermore, items required for competition should not be so limited/kshop exclusive. Slotted mids should be either very regular in the kshop or questable in an easier fashion than the current situation. OR EVEN BETTER. PUT THEM BACK IN OLD PURPLE BOXES. Suddenly MVPs have more value!

Also, hats such as the skull cap/moon rabbit are the difference between night and day for wizards. They are not "slightly more better", they are "significantly more powerful" than items currently available to those classes. They should be obtainable outside of rare kafra shop events.

Other classes could do with some love from the challenge dungeon, not just champions.

Also how about those dimiks in Juperos? I see they are still there making the dungeon unusable? I was trying to solo my regular assassin in titans last night and was getting run over because of the shape of the map by players mobbing the WHOLE MAP from the top left corner to the entrance! My only choice is to wing from my half killed mob or die. I'd LOVE to be able to go to another dungeon to level, but Juperos is still in a state of debuff.

Server TIs require alternative maps for casual players who aren't able to jump into parties, please give us alternatives!

Edited by Xellie, 07 October 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#13 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Agreed with all but gsb being available outside of gd. It is possible to bot gds, yes, but it makes it do only 4 maps need to be checked to catch botters/cheetahs. Putting them outside and they will just be botted to the point that people open them and npc the loot to add zeny onto the server. Small start up guilds can aquire a castle. Really only need 3 people (sadly less) to get a crap castle just for gd access.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

They can get a castle and get killed everytime they hunt (hint: gsbs are already available outside of GD via the GD mob spawns naturally outside of GD, bio 3 and challenge dungeon)

Bot the challenge dungeon or bio 3 or thors or icetitans? You're clearly a better botter than most people. I worship your botting skills.

It's not just about that tho, it's about putting them in places that encourage partying. Also, bg is botted harder than any gsb ever will be. Bot farms currently still bot the materials that come from GSBs minus the WSS (they do bg or buy mastelas with botted zeny to get around that).

So no, botting is not revelant to trying to increase guild efficiency and reasons for them to play together. Also putting these guilds on openworld maps that everyone can access will have them interacting with more of the community and help the server be more active.

Edited by Xellie, 07 October 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#15 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Also how about those dimiks in Juperos? I see they are still there making the dungeon unusable? I was trying to solo my regular assassin in titans last night and was getting run over because of the shape of the map by players mobbing the WHOLE MAP from the top left corner to the entrance! My only choice is to wing from my half killed mob or die. I'd LOVE to be able to go to another dungeon to level, but Juperos is still in a state of debuff.

Server TIs require alternative maps for casual players who aren't able to jump into parties, please give us alternatives!

this.

the guild that i'm in had a few walking ice dungeon parties and we got wiped several times because people tried mobbing the entire map and their puller ended up dying conveniently right on top of us. unlike al3, which was a wide-open map, ice dungeon 3 is basically a bunch of narrow hallways. the mobs easily change target even if the puller doesn't die and just tries to run past us.

i love juperos. please make it amazing. :D

#16 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Agreed with all but gsb being available outside of gd. It is possible to bot gds, yes, but it makes it do only 4 maps need to be checked to catch botters/cheetahs. Putting them outside and they will just be botted to the point that people open them and npc the loot to add zeny onto the server. Small start up guilds can aquire a castle. Really only need 3 people (sadly less) to get a crap castle just for gd access.

The challenge dungeon is only a temporary event (if you're talking about that) so I dont see an issue with having them drop the GSBs. I dont think its an easy place to bot either, all Im asking for is an increase in the drop rate so that this event benefits other people aside from just champions.

#17 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

Let's do it then! Then I can say "I told you so" once more damage is done. No point in talking since what I say is manipulated into what people want to hear.

And ty, I am pretty good xD

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

and what harm would that be?

That people would bot on maps where they are seen rather than in moscovia and geffen dun 1? lol

#19 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

@divine, I don't really think challenge dung is an issue since gsb drop rate is like card drop rate. Not talking about that map at all. I am thinking if they added them into regular maps at gd rate then it would be horrible for the server.

@xellie, More maps and there are more options for botters. Nowhere did I say bio 3, thors, challenge dung are being botted for them. Those are just words you put in my mouth well trying to discredit me for simply disagreeing with you. I was simply stating that if your not careful on what maps you pick, it will be botted.

There should be no rush and a long discussion on possible maps for this. Rushing to just add in GSB at west Orc village or some place like that would be detrimental to the server. In the post that I disagreed with there were no maps mentioned, that's all I could imagen.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

putting it on a low level map would be unmentionably bad. Right now we're just asking for buffs to the bio / challenge drop rates.

#21 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

Right now we're just asking for buffs to the bio / challenge drop rates.

Agreed. 

I would leave thors and ID3 out of it completely. Both of those places promote solo play > party play, so it wouldn't accomplish making parties. It could just increase griefing and kill stealing. 

I am unaware of how badly bg is being botted. I don't think it is for hp recovery items since using pumpkins is better then those pots lol. If they make a couple of tiny mistakes with the GSB's, then it would be terrible on all levels to the server and I just want to prevent that. I love the idea of GSB, but I want to minimize the abuse so that it can remain an option to supply a guild by only legit means (besides sp items). 

I thought that at this point the issue wasn't about the supply mats, but rather the actual potting system. There are plenty of people from multiple guilds that I talk to who have no problems hunting the amount of mats needed. The issue for new guilds/old guilds is a bottle neck of time invested into potting. Besides a lack of sp items, I haven't heard complaints about not enough supply mats. All of the complains are about potting system and time restraints. That's why I am confused as to the big push for GSB but nothing about potting.

#22 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

i forgot all about the dimik issue, ditch dimiks 2014! wanna hit up that juperos C:

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Agreed. 

I would leave thors and ID3 out of it completely. Both of those places promote solo play > party play, so it wouldn't accomplish making parties. It could just increase griefing and kill stealing. 

I am unaware of how badly bg is being botted. I don't think it is for hp recovery items since using pumpkins is better then those pots lol. If they make a couple of tiny mistakes with the GSB's, then it would be terrible on all levels to the server and I just want to prevent that. I love the idea of GSB, but I want to minimize the abuse so that it can remain an option to supply a guild by only legit means (besides sp items). 

I thought that at this point the issue wasn't about the supply mats, but rather the actual potting system. There are plenty of people from multiple guilds that I talk to who have no problems hunting the amount of mats needed. The issue for new guilds/old guilds is a bottle neck of time invested into potting. Besides a lack of sp items, I haven't heard complaints about not enough supply mats. All of the complains are about potting system and time restraints. That's why I am confused as to the big push for GSB but nothing about potting.

We all know GD and BG get botted

What I really want to see is some way to tie in the supply hunting to other game aspects, so that (this is separate of potter quality of life issues), people responsible for supplying the bigger guilds etc are able to have the guilds goals work alongside the guildmembers goals. Newer people need people to party with, but they will never get it whilst guildleaders/older guildmembers are busy soloing GD 25/7 or tabbing in and out of bg.

It's something that has to change to help with community interaction. I would rather play with my guildmates and have them benefit through exp or something than just ignore them and solo in GD all week.

#24 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

That's why I am confused as to the big push for GSB but nothing about potting.

I don't think they are able to change the potting system.

#25 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

@divine, I don't really think challenge dung is an issue since gsb drop rate is like card drop rate. Not talking about that map at all. I am thinking if they added them into regular maps at gd rate then it would be horrible for the server.

@xellie, More maps and there are more options for botters. Nowhere did I say bio 3, thors, challenge dung are being botted for them. Those are just words you put in my mouth well trying to discredit me for simply disagreeing with you. I was simply stating that if your not careful on what maps you pick, it will be botted.

There should be no rush and a long discussion on possible maps for this. Rushing to just add in GSB at west Orc village or some place like that would be detrimental to the server. In the post that I disagreed with there were no maps mentioned, that's all I could imagen.

Just going to say the maps have/are being discussed just not everyone is for the idea of it >_> 

http://forums.warppo...thly-ti-events/

I am however not overly keen on the fact seeds drop more than gsb would rather it be the other way around and drop rate halved maybe x_x iono i'm still hooked up to a morphine drip nothing make sense QQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users