10/8 Tetsuya Nomura Birthday Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/8 Tetsuya Nomura Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

I don't think they are able to change the potting system.

That is correct, we are not able to change what goes in or what comes out of player created potions.

#27 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

That is correct, we are not able to change what goes in or what comes out of player created potions.

The bottle neck right now for most people is still buying Whites to turn into slims, what solutions have you guys been looking into to fix this? Ideally we'd just get an NPC in the annex room who takes zeny and just puts potions straight into storage but I'm not sure that's possible.

#28 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Putting ALL potting supplies in the annex room would be the least you guys could do. Buying directly into storage would be glorious if possible.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 08 October 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#29 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

I think everything is in there now, they added Bowls a few weeks ago. I dont really mind making a couple of transfers for the stuff that all weighs nothing, its just having to do 70 odd storages for Whites is just not fun.

#30 fiat600abarth

fiat600abarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

increase oda frog's drop? -_-'s retarded i don't care you increased by 1000% that dont mean -_- make all drops at least 10% only got elus so far and that pos respawns twice a day or something tyvm

Edited by fiat600abarth, 08 October 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#31 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

Any Exp events or Drop Events with all the downtime we've had recently? :)

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Servers are up!

#33 tonysun86

tonysun86

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

So, what are the updates? Nothing listed besides the Halloween quest.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

Oda, because there is less than 24 hours between WoEs, at least in my case, my guild suppliers have to find ways to store ~120-180k slim whites and the materials for them.

That is a lot of storages and one of the things we are asking for is a workaround to increase the 30k storage limit via boxing materials so that hours aren't lost transferring to and from the potter.

GSBs are nice, but the ratio for the sands works out in such a way that we can't open the boxes on one account, ever. All potting sessions are dominated by transfers and moving around.

#35 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

So I finished the Halloween quest, the only reward is a Giant Squid. Am I supposed to be able to do something with it? Is it missing a step, I double checked to see if the TLAPD guy was accepting them but he wasnt.

#36 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

So I finished the Halloween quest, the only reward is a Giant Squid. Am I supposed to be able to do something with it? Is it missing a step, I double checked to see if the TLAPD guy was accepting them but he wasnt.

It's a placeholder, forgot to post that in classic thread too, and you didn't get exp?
The Giant Squid will be exchangeable next week for the headgear reward. Gm's are still waiting on kRO to send the data for it.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 08 October 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

Oh ok. Uhh I probably did get exp but I didnt really notice.

#38 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

My friends and I can't enter the Challenge Dungeon, what happened?

ok its fixed now, thanks.

Edited by papu888, 09 October 2014 - 12:30 AM.

#39 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

- I was a bit disappointed to not see a EXP or Drops event this week as it's a holiday weekend and I can finally sit down and actually play the game and with all the down time and extended Maint I was hoping for some leveling or hunting time.

- Regarding the potting system, please see needmorezleep's amazing suggestion in http://forums.warppo...ite-potion-box/ 

I think everyone agrees that the potting system needs work. White potion boxes (open the box, it has 200 white potions, 200 Empty Test Tubes, 200 WSS, and 200 Medicine Bowls) at a ridiculously low weight and can storage it up to 30,000 will do amazing wonders for the potting system. This is the absolute ideal and I have not thought through the potential abuse of this but the potting system needs Jesus. When you spend 8 hours a week moving things around, potting, opening boxes, buying empty bottles, you start wondering why is it this ridiculously long process? I know I have the asian blood in my system but enough is enough. Work on the quality of life on the potters, please. It's literally been weeks regarding suggestions on the Potting system.

#40 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

maint was extended one hour (in part to implement a new quest in game); what other extended downtime has the game encountered as of late?  One shouldn't expect to get drops/experience increase for every little thing.

The last time there were increased rates was when a severe DoS attack that ended up knocking both servers offline for several hours.

#41 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

- Last week's Maint was another extension

- Saturday during the Champion Tournament, was an hour wasn't it?

- Extended Maint yesterday, an hour.

One shouldn't expect something for every little thing? I don't think it was completely unreasonable to request something during a holiday weekend, but hey, what do I know.

Little to me is a few minutes, an hour max. Multiple hours? I hope our VIP time isn't ticking away during this server downtime but I'm never sure on that since I've gotten mixed answers on how the VIP time works.

Edited by Jenna, 09 October 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#42 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

- Last week's Maint was another extension

- Saturday during the Champion Tournament, was an hour wasn't it?

- Extended Maint yesterday, an hour.

One shouldn't expect something for every little thing? I don't think it was completely unreasonable to request something during a holiday weekend, but hey, what do I know.

Little to me is a few minutes, an hour max. Multiple hours? I hope our VIP time isn't ticking away during this server downtime but I'm never sure on that since I've gotten mixed answers on how the VIP time works.

extended maintenance happens, i'd rather the GMs take the time to implement and properly test or fix items than have a half-assed maint just so they can open the servers on time.  the past couple of weeks also had some updates to the game, including enhancements to the fishing event and adding the halloween event in game.  If anything, more detailed patch notes should be put in so that people can understand what caused the delay.

As for the Columbus Day weekend, keep in mind that this game has an international player base and this is not a day off for anyone else, and some Americans work this day as well.

#43 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

International player base explains why we have events for July 4th. Thank you.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

extended maintenance happens, i'd rather the GMs take the time to implement and properly test or fix items than have a half-assed maint just so they can open the servers on time.  the past couple of weeks also had some updates to the game, including enhancements to the fishing event and adding the halloween event in game.  If anything, more detailed patch notes should be put in so that people can understand what caused the delay.

As for the Columbus Day weekend, keep in mind that this game has an international player base and this is not a day off for anyone else, and some Americans work this day as well.

You may have missed the part about the several hours of downtime over the weekend due to the ddos. Perhaps that was part of maint too?

#45 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

If anything, more detailed patch notes should be put in so that people can understand what caused the delay.

I'd love to see more than just 1 or 2 lines for patch notes unless that truly was their limit for what they did? as an example of what i personally would see in patch notes ...http://us.battle.net...tch-notes/5-4-8  clear and sectioned updates to whatever they did/intend to fix/do, addressing the community about the ddos' too maybe, frequent downtime & whatever else you did to the game or intend to to. I love lists, to do lists are freaking awesome *twitches* lol. 

I can't be the only one to think that a business or a company should look professional in any way am i? (not that i'm calling blizzard/activision professional but i'm going to assume people know what i mean >_>) there never appears to be an abundance of disclosure to the public/consumers which is possibly why there's a lot of negative feedback instead of better Q&As like on "Tiki Tuesday".

#46 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:35 AM

the trick to short patch notes is not fixing anything ever

#47 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

I try not to leave anything out of the patch notes, this week it was just the Halloween Quest. As the publisher of the title, there's harder limits of what we are able to do and comment on compared to having an in-house dev team. 

#48 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

International player base explains why we have events for July 4th. Thank you.

events != increased exp/drop rates

events can be enjoyed by all and are usually in game for decent period of time.

having a one week exp/drops increase just in time for Columbus Day isn't inclusive and can be seen as favoring one set of players over another.

You may have missed the part about the several hours of downtime over the weekend due to the ddos. Perhaps that was part of maint too?

The snark is strong in this one.  Just going to mention that I don't think it's a coincidence that the servers went down right as you were hosting the champion-only tourney.  People need to play nice.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

it happened on sunday too, unless I was hosting another tourney I don't know about

snark +1

but seriously, yes. I don't think it was a coincidence either.

Edited by Xellie, 09 October 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#50 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Is our VIP time affected by server downtime?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users