• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

I was wondering, what is the best combination of cards for a 3 slotted Katar?

I currently have a 3 slotted ice katar, and want to lvl in magma. I am not sure what is the best 3 card combination for this spot.

I could go 3x vadon,

Or I was thinking of adding a zipper bear card to up the atk a little so 2x Vadon, 1x Zipper Bear card.

Let me know what you think will be the best 3 cards for this katar, for magma lvling please.

And would ice pick/scacpel be better for lvl 2 lvling in magma? over the carded +4 ice katar?

Also keep in mind, I want to put cards in this Katar that will be useful in more than one location.

#2 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

I was wondering, what is the best combination of cards for a 3 slotted Katar?

I currently have a 3 slotted ice katar, and want to lvl in magma. I am not sure what is the best 3 card combination for this spot.

I could go 3x vadon,

Or I was thinking of adding a zipper bear card to up the atk a little so 2x Vadon, 1x Zipper Bear card.

Let me know what you think will be the best 3 cards for this katar, for magma lvling please.

And would ice pick/scacpel be better for lvl 2 lvling in magma? over the carded +4 ice katar?

Also keep in mind, I want to put cards in this Katar that will be useful in more than one location.

Why +4? u can upgrade to +5.

and if ur crit, one mobster card will boost a lot of dmg. and since its ice Kater, ur main moster is Fire elemental monster. so ur already limited to hunt only fire element monster with that. so carding will according to mostly 20% ele or 20~30 atk carding. and it depends on how much u could afford.

#3 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Mobsters are not easy to come by on valk.

What would be better , 2x Zipper bear , 1x Vadon, or 2x Vadon 1x Zipper Bear?

#4 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Mobsters are not easy to come by on valk.

What would be better , 2x Zipper bear , 1x Vadon, or 2x Vadon 1x Zipper Bear?

y not triple zipper bear?

#5 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

Is that better than 3x vadon?

I guess it would make it more universal....

Does that mean, Zipper bear is always going to be the best for melee weapons?

#6 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

The base attack on an ice katar is only 105 right/ jur is 125 , so a zipper on a ice katar only adds 10 more attack than the uncarded jur

Moral of the story , make an endower

#7 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

I am using elementals because in this case I do not want to have an endow. I agree with you, endow is typically the best way to go. And with that logic, I already have all those weapons made. I have my Various Carded Wilde beast claws,Drill Katars, and Durgas for endows. Thats why I am asking specifically about carding elemental Katars.

The only real advantage to having elemental Katars, is being able to Katar switch. As opposed to Endow lvling where you have to have the same weapon on for 30 mins. I prefer to have Elemental Converters, and use the endow for shorter periods of time, and that way I can switch to other Katars later.

Most maps will reward your DPS by switching Katars. If I am grinding on a map that doesnt require Katar switching, then Endow is better.

Now back on topic, what is best for these elemental katars? Lets say you inherited them, and you wanted to make the best dmg possible on the class of monsters you will be killing, what will be more advantageos? Zipper Bear Cards? or Element/Race Cards? +30 Atk? or +20% dmg? Zipper bear also does drain SP, and lowers Def, which is not a big deal, but should also be considered.

#8 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

The absolute best would be a 2x mobster 1 x paper or 3x paper , but to answer your question about the cards , it depends on you str , if your str is over 100 it is better to use 20%'s , if it's under 100 it is better to use zippers

#9 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:37 AM

The absolute best would be a 2x mobster 1 x paper or 3x paper , but to answer your question about the cards , it depends on you str , if your str is over 100 it is better to use 20%'s , if it's under 100 it is better to use zippers

no those card only affects weapon attacks not STR. Also the 0.5% bonus from each STR does not stack with card, it will only add.
The absolute best would be 2 zipper and one 20% card. Unless your upgrade is 10+ which is better with 2 or 3 20% cards.
Please refer to http://forums.warppo...bradium-golems/

#10 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

^

crit dmg cards effect your overall dmg :P

#11 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

^

crit dmg cards effect your overall dmg :rolleyes:

Are you sure? Then they are sure op compared to other cards

#12 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Thus the whole reason they are going for 150-200m a piece on valk

#13 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Crit cards are great but remember that they only affect exactly that, crit. Any use of skills immidiately makes them worthless. If you're going to make a elemental jur, go for elemental type dmg (vadon in this case). The weapon already has lower attack than the best jurs in game, its made for the ability to switch elements easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users