Does bad graphics card causes lag and dc? - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Does bad graphics card causes lag and dc?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foxrain4

foxrain4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

after raging in the trade channel with caps for a full one hour, someone suggested me to post in forum.

i dun really expect a fix, im not good with all these technical stuffs, but i just want to know more about it.

im having super bad lag and dc in f7 forgotten village, im teleporting everywhere, waving my +11 sealed magma lord sword

at air doing 0 damage.

but when i can't take it anymore, i go back to port of winds to rest.

all the lags and dcs stops.

i have got 1mbps, from southeast asia, singapore, another player replied he also from singapore.

4gb ram

64 bit, windows 7

intel core 2 duo cpu t9550 @2.66ghz

direct x 11

laptop aspire 4937

nvidia grphics geforce g105 m (suspicious of this as windows rated it 3.7/10.0 which is bad and

also is another player suggested this is the problem cuz i only have problems when im leveling.

(f7 too much flashes, lol)

ingame settings all low,

resolution 1024

but full screen.

firewall turned off.

the community was very nice despite my rage, they even taught me how to build a new desktop, LOL  :p_laugh:

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

There is a possibility that the video card does affect your lag. Or the server is just messing up. You can check by opening your PC, remove the VC then use the on-board video card. If the lag goes away, then the video card is the cause. If not, then the problem is in the network.

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hi,

I can try to help you but after reading all of what you posted it's very hard to find a satisfying solution I guess.

First of all it's not a good idea having a 64bit Windows OS for just 4 GB of RAM, because of this 64bit architecture, a 64bit OS needs more RAM than a 32bit OS.

Let us have a look at your hardware step by step:

4gb RAM is way enough for Dragon Saga. Although it has memory leak issues (crash to desktop without warning) which can be significantly reduced using the tool you can find here: http://forums.warppo...e-than-2gb-ram/

Windows 7 is also not a problem, regardless of the architecture (32- or 64-bit)

Core2 duo CPU @ 2.66 GHz is also enough

DirectX 11 is really good, because the Dragon Saga client only uses DirectX 9.

A 1MBit internet connection is good enough if nothing other is running and streaming in the background.

If you have some other free-2-play games, you may have a sort of a "download manager" running, which uses too much of your internet connection bandwidth in the background.

You may have a look into the task manager (you know how to open it?) and click on the "processes" tab. When you are doing nothing and nothing is running (close also Dragon Saga), there should be a "system idle process" which uses a CPU of about 90-99. If this value is below that, something is running in the background.

The graphics card... okay, it's rather slow to be honest, and if you have problems especially if many effects are on the screen, then this may be the reason for all the lags.

The last thing what you could do is to check the connection from your location to the WarpPortal servers by making a "tracert".

With this check you could see, how long it takes to get an answer from the server for data sent from the client. Additionally you could see, if there are connection problems on the internet route from your location to the WP servers.

Sorry, that I can't give you a more satisfying answer to this.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

There is a possibility that the video card does affect your lag. Or the server is just messing up. You can check by opening your PC, remove the VC then use the on-board video card. If the lag goes away, then the video card is the cause. If not, then the problem is in the network.

He has a laptop. So he already has an onboard video card (nvidia gforce 105 m). He can't remove it.

Also not only the network could cause problems. As I stated above, there could be running something in the background.

Additionally I forgot to mention, that a WiFi connection could also cause extreme lags when the connection is not stable enough (but that would then surely be a network problem).

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 October 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#5 foxrain4

foxrain4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

4gb RAM is way enough for Dragon Saga. Although it has memory leak issues (crash to desktop without warning) which can be significantly reduced using the tool you can find here: http://forums.warppo...e-than-2gb-ram/

yeah this is helpful, i do have crashes to desktop but its not as constant as dc, im now using the large address awareness
you recommended.

A 1MBit internet connection is good enough if nothing other is running and streaming in the background.
If you have some other free-2-play games, you may have a sort of a "download manager" running, which uses too much of your internet connection bandwidth in the background.
You may have a look into the task manager (you know how to open it?) and click on the "processes" tab. When you are doing nothing and nothing is running (close also Dragon Saga), there should be a "system idle process" which uses a CPU of about 90-99. If this value is below that, something is running in the background.

its hovering above 90, only sometimes dipping into 80+, i think its ok.

The graphics card... okay, it's rather slow to be honest, and if you have problems especially if many effects are on the screen, then this may be the reason for all the lags.

i do have dc problems when there are not much effects on screen (i just noted)

The last thing what you could do is to check the connection from your location to the WarpPortal servers by making a "tracert".
With this check you could see, how long it takes to get an answer from the server for data sent from the client. Additionally you could see, if there are connection problems on the internet route from your location to the WP servers.

v1ceo1F.png
f71jT0d.jpg

Sorry, that I can't give you a more satisfying answer to this.

i dun expect much, haha

actually my laptop shuts down randomly (really randomly)

its not overheat, i got a big fan beside the laptop,

the laptop not feeling hot, i vacuumed the bottom of laptop to remove dust.

my laptop is 6 years old  :p_laugh:

WiFi connection could also cause extreme lags

yes i use wireless internet.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

If you have a look at your screenshots, you may see that there are some connection which had a ping of over 400 ms... that is bad. Really bad.

This are the lag spikes you encounter. Sometimes it may have a timeout, so the client may say "Server not responding" and kicks you out of the game.

The abnormal client status is an information, that some data that have been sent to the client are corrupted.

Is there a way for you to connect your laptop by network cable instead of using wifi and try again - maybe make a tracert again?

I'm really sorry that I can't give you a more satisfying solution :(

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 October 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#7 foxrain4

foxrain4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

If you have a look at your screenshots, you may see that there are some connection which had a ping of over 400 ms... that is bad. Really bad.
This are the lag spikes you encounter. Sometimes it may have a timeout, so the client may say "Server not responding" and kicks you out of the game.

yes i always get the timeout, the client says "Server not responding".
im pleased to know the actual problem is actually of my unstable internet connection.
i always thought getting a higher mbps internet connection will solves all internet connection issues,
i guess its not that simple, i need to maintain the stability of the internet connection.

im thinking of getting this:
http://www.amazon.co...ain USB Adapter

or just put my future desktop near the internet and have a wired internet connection.

The abnormal client status is an information, that some data that have been sent to the client are corrupted.

Is there a way for you to connect your laptop by network cable instead of using wifi and try again - maybe make a tracert again?

I'm really sorry that I can't give you a more satisfying solution  :(

i have some other problems to make a wired connection tracert but i think making wired connection is the way to go.

you have a very complete and accurate diagnosis  :thx:

i hope to play dragon saga again when i built my new desktop and using wired connection or atenna thing.  :Emo_12:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users