Freyja Server - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Freyja Server

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#126 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

People have been making really good points here. I'd like us to put in a new player's shoes and try to think what we would do if we were joining RO2..

Let's say we already know about dungeons being really hard to solo, so we'll obviously want a party. Will we actually choose the fresh, new, empty, server that might have very few people and so it would make it harder to find a party? I think we'd rather stick to the server with highest population. At least we have almost a certainty that a veteran player might be around to give a hand.

I honestly can only see old players trying the new server for fun, making a new char and all that. But some others will find it boring, specially if you don't have any interesting stuff in the AH to make the whole grinding late game a bit more meaningful (In my case, I only wanted to grind up to mukas to farm zenny and buy stuff from the AH). I can see people quitting if they're unlucky enough to login at certain times when there are few players around, getting bored to death while sitting around dungeon entrances.

Giving a new server with the same exact build is a stupid move, ODIN isn't even over-populated so there wasn't a need to split the playerbase. If they had made a server with new (or old, but wanted content) everyone would be happy about it, but that's not the case here. So I wonder if this will actually work or not, my feeling is that it won't.

@Fluidz, afaik, the account is the same so you can just choose Freyja instead of Odin and play with your Freyja chars, but you can't login to both at the same time, since dual client isn't allowed. And you can't even login in two different computers using the same account.

#127 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

People have been making really good points here. I'd like us to put in a new player's shoes and try to think what we would do if we were joining RO2..

Let's say we already know about dungeons being really hard to solo, so we'll obviously want a party. Will we actually choose the fresh, new, empty, server that might have very few people and so it would make it harder to find a party? I think we'd rather stick to the server with highest population. At least we have almost a certainty that a veteran player might be around to give a hand.

This. A populated and "long-lasting" server is much more trust-worthy than the opposite. You're assured that there's extensive knowledge about the game, wide item availiability and plenty of people to play with you in the same level or much stronger (and probably bored) to help you out.

It's simply more convenient.

#128 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

This. A populated and "long-lasting" server is much more trust-worthy than the opposite. You're assured that there's extensive knowledge about the game, wide item availiability and plenty of people to play with you in the same level or much stronger (and probably bored) to help you out.

It's simply more convenient.

Plus the only need for a second server would be that if the one and only server would be all time over populated but...

Spoiler

Edited by PandeeChio, 18 October 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#129 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

I am really curious as to what the whole purpose of the new server is.

.... I'm thinking... the more logical explanation is that they are trying to remove as many bugs as they can. Or.... Odin's scripting is so messed up that it's beyond repair. That... yes... it still functions as a game, but their are variable instances that can and will occur but can not be fixed due to the fact that removing certain elements will cause greater instability in the game. This means that regardless of what they do, you will as the player will find issues. The question you as the player have to answer is: "Do I want to put in the effort knowing that I could potentially find these problems and that nothing can be done about it?"

So basically - The Odin Server is FUBAR.

The Freyja Server will be a fresh start.

That is my guess anyways. And if my guess is right, this is the only change the designers and scriptwriters can make that will ensure the game can/will survive.

.... I make all of these assumptions on my own experience doing mild scripting and animating. Making games is a rather complicated process... I don't think a majority of the gaming community understands that.

Regardless... it also means that more extensive testing should have been done before implementing some patches or mergers. Which validates the communities demand for an open test server like SAKRAY.

I personally think I'm going to switch over.... Maybe not. I don't know yet. lol

#130 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

Open test server really wouldn't fix much, Dev team likes to push through last minute untested patches for some reason.

#131 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

.... I'm thinking... the more logical explanation is that they are trying to remove as many bugs as they can. Or.... Odin's scripting is so messed up that it's beyond repair. That... yes... it still functions as a game, but their are variable instances that can and will occur but can not be fixed due to the fact that removing certain elements will cause greater instability in the game. This means that regardless of what they do, you will as the player will find issues. The question you as the player have to answer is: "Do I want to put in the effort knowing that I could potentially find these problems and that nothing can be done about it?"

That is my guess anyways. And if my guess is right, this is the only change the designers and scriptwriters can make that will ensure the game can/will survive.

.... I make all of these assumptions on my own experience doing mild scripting and animating. Making games is a rather complicated process... I don't think a majority of the gaming community understands that.

Regardless... it also means that more extensive testing should have been done before implementing some patches or mergers. Which validates the communities demand for an open test server like SAKRAY.

I personally think I'm going to switch over.... Maybe not. I don't know yet. lol

If that's true, it would make sense.

But if that IS true I would like to know ASAP, I don't want to waste any more time in a server that will be discontinued. It wouldn't be any fun to see the next big update coming only to Freyja while I'm stuck in Odin with now useless and wasted ML 20 characters. At that point I would just leave, never to come back.

#132 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

this is completely senseless for a simple reason we will play whit exactly the same installation so unless the changes are only on the server side all the bugged scrips in our HDD will remain exactly the same!!!

The only difference as i already said is the complete absence of overpowered runes (leacked in odin or pre AoV survivors), cape that didn't have to come whit the merge, stacks of 1st year Vips!

what we will gain will be:

Same out of range bug

impossibility to complete the 4th page kara quest since the needed materials doesn't drop since AoV patch

the colosseum combat bug

the first few woe always at the same guild of hardcore players that rushed up to ML level and that will gain a lot of zenny and refine stones

the complete disappearing of some classes (lets say the truth we have OP monks now only because not all the old monks quitted) i'm sure we won't see a lot of wiz, soulmaker, magician, ranger, etc

a large number of quitting players because they can't find players to party

PPl is bitching for the endless grind and you want make them start again?

NA players are bitching for their temp storages wipe out and their bags full and you want them start whit nothing again?

SEA suffered your incapacity to make the merge condition clear and fair to not start it all over again and now after all this you want them start over again?

PH players asked for another server and now that most of them have high level caracters, alts and a nice amount of things and zenny you give them the possibility to start over again? litterally trowing all their effort to match us all?

AND last but not last what are these new regions that will join? and how many regions are yet in? are the first one so populated to giustify a new server when the "old" one is still quite empty?

#133 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

well, the game is being handled by squid, panda and a bunny. idk what you guys were expecting to happen.  :heh:

imo, if they just "moved" the entire sea server as a whole and did not merge with odin, it would be a whole lot better. i have 2.3k items on my tempo box. your super large bags only have 30 slots on them. i don't have a bag of holding up my ass! where do you expect me to put all those items huh?

#134 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

If that's true, it would make sense.

But if that IS true I would like to know ASAP, I don't want to waste any more time in a server that will be discontinued. It wouldn't be any fun to see the next big update coming only to Freyja while I'm stuck in Odin with now useless and wasted ML 20 characters. At that point I would just leave, never to come back.

Agreed. It would mean that everything every player has done would have been pointless and that would kill the community.

this is completely senseless for a simple reason we will play whit exactly the same installation so unless the changes are only on the server side all the bugged scrips in our HDD will remain exactly the same!!!

The only difference as i already said is the complete absence of overpowered runes (leacked in odin or pre AoV survivors), cape that didn't have to come whit the merge, stacks of 1st year Vips!

what we will gain will be:

Same out of range bug

impossibility to complete the 4th page kara quest since the needed materials doesn't drop since AoV patch

the colosseum combat bug

the first few woe always at the same guild of hardcore players that rushed up to ML level and that will gain a lot of zenny and refine stones

the complete disappearing of some classes (lets say the truth we have OP monks now only because not all the old monks quitted) i'm sure we won't see a lot of wiz, soulmaker, magician, ranger, etc

a large number of quitting players because they can't find players to party

PPl is bitching for the endless grind and you want make them start again?

NA players are bitching for their temp storages wipe out and their bags full and you want them start whit nothing again?

SEA suffered your incapacity to make the merge condition clear and fair to not start it all over again and now after all this you want them start over again?

PH players asked for another server and now that most of them have high level caracters, alts and a nice amount of things and zenny you give them the possibility to start over again? litterally trowing all their effort to match us all?

AND last but not last what are these new regions that will join? and how many regions are yet in? are the first one so populated to giustify a new server when the "old" one is still quite empty?

I'm not a GM or Designer for the game so I can't do anything. I'm giving speculation.

And as senseless as my theory may seem to you, if the design and scripting team feel that 1) The game can not be fixed in it's current state or 2) that it would take a considerable amount of time to fix every problem, then the option to make a new server, switch everyone over, and eventually fade out the old is probably one of the better options out there.

Likewise, there is no guarantee that the new server will be EXACTLY like the old one. The new server will not have all the items from the merger or any bugs that were created from it.  Flawed instances will and can be isolated better for that reason and thus easier to remove.

And for all of the "start again" complaining... You know what, that happens. It happens in the real world, so it happening in the virtual world is likely. Yes, starting over again would hurt the game. But it would hurt more just turning the game off and removing it completely.... because you know.... closing iRO2 is an option too.

The fact is... that *IF* my theory is correct, it's a hard decision for sure. This is a business. We have to assume that they are doing this for the right reasons... and for reasons we don't fully understand.

Until we get a solid explanation I'm going to continue to theorize.

Of course.... There is the theory that they just wanted to have another server for poop and gigs.

well, the game is being handled by squid, panda and a bunny. idk what you guys were expecting to happen.  :heh:

imo, if they just "moved" the entire sea server as a whole and did not merge with odin, it would be a whole lot better. i have 2.3k items on my tempo box. your super large bags only have 30 slots on them. i don't have a bag of holding up my ass! where do you expect me to put all those items huh?

The storage in iRO2 is one of my biggest complaints. Coming from iRO1 where you had a very large storage box (300 - 600 items with the ability to go into the 1000s for some of the stacks)... iRO2 pales in comparison.

Also. I agree. The merger seems more and more like it wasn't thought out very well. It would have been better to make it an alternative server for us, and Odin an alternative server for them, then introduced Freyja as a "meet in the middle" server for each.

Edited by PhoenixFH, 18 October 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#135 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

As i said only imbalanced items won't appear in the new server all the bugs and scrips will remain or we would not be able to use the same account and the same game files on our pc to play in both, so also if we are only speculating your idea of a new server to fix bugs is not so strong, and make a new server NOW it's not only suspicious but simply crazy if you have to make the playerbase hangry just delete all the seed runes, stats on costumes, event vips and kafra shop items, and give us the possibility to not lost our levels and gain some fairnes between old, new, and payng players!

About the temp storage since is a temp storage make that all the items will get deleted in a month as for the mails, but warn us a month before!!!

#136 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

And for all of the "start again" complaining... You know what, that happens. It happens in the real world, so it happening in the virtual world is likely.

The fact is... that *IF* my theory is correct, it's a hard decision for sure. This is a business. We have to assume that they are doing this for the right reasons... and for reasons we don't fully understand.

You see, I play for entertainment, and certainly not to have the same -_- that life throws at me thrown at me again in game form. I can't quite quit life when things get awful, but I CAN quit this game if it tried to -_- on me with a mentality like that. And... well, I can't say I'm a customer, so they probably won't be missing me.

As for the second line, WP and Gravity have demonstrated their sheer incompetence far too many things for me to believe they have powerful, well-thought and right reasons that I can't understand. I don't think that high of them.

@Shinyusuke

Coding can be a bitch and the root of a bug can be in something seemingly unrelated. Events, server-wide bugs (either if they were sorted out or not), item deletion and restoration, special NPCs and effects and other stuff like that could wreck the most unexpected things.

I might speculate that some of the graphical problems stem from that. The reason why character shading sucks so much nowadays is probably because of some light effect or texture in Dark Whisper (so it won't be fixed in Freyja).

It just occured to me that maybe the drop rate of Cazar stuff is so low because of all the tinkering with monster drop tables done for events. Although Gravity doing it on purpose to stall ML 30 thinking they'd just swallow it is more likely.

Edited by Nereida, 18 October 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#137 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

in the end it all comes down to "business"

even private servers with low playerbase adds more servers to at least get some new players (or make the old players from other server start over = more donation too) - i bet its cheaper to make a new server than completely overhauling the old one full of bugs and errors from dif updates/events/etc/recent merge

as for me i havent really spend hard effort on my toons in Odin... so Frejya will be most welcome for me (i could care less about playerbase since its very low now anyways... hopefully new players will/coming back plyaers will start at frejya again)

#138 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

In light of all this, I'm still up for the new server. I like the general idea. But from the looks of it, they're going to foul up in implementation. Lol

Lol at the animals comment

#139 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

As i said only imbalanced items won't appear in the new server all the bugs and scrips will remain or we would not be able to use the same account and the same game files on our pc to play in both, so also if we are only speculating your idea of a new server to fix bugs is not so strong, and make a new server NOW it's not only suspicious but simply crazy if you have to make the playerbase hangry just delete all the seed runes, stats on costumes, event vips and kafra shop items, and give us the possibility to not lost our levels and gain some fairnes between old, new, and payng players!

About the temp storage since is a temp storage make that all the items will get deleted in a month as for the mails, but warn us a month before!!!

I think Gravity just dumb because everything they planned are rushed and deadlining... I have a job in a marketing and we need to plan schedules, let's say there is a "maintenance" day on Friday we plan things for it since Monday. Gravity just seems self-confident that they can plan everything for next maintenance in Monday midnight when the maintenance is in Monday morning without thinking the consequences, reviewing customers will like it or hate it, etc...

Really planning in short time only works for school kids who wants to finish their homework tomorrow. Adult's job is not something you can finish in one night, even college's stuff actually teach you to plan it out and do it before "tomorrow is the deadline"... I am sorry if this sounds rude, I was just sarcastic to say if developers ever learn things or not because they have two issues that ruined themselves : deadliners and repeating same mistakes (how many times I yelled about quest monster spawn time?)

#140 MorningRose

MorningRose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Don't forget there's a dragonlark now too :D

#141 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

I'm just starting to think Zambee run away because she knew something that refused to accept...

#142 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

^Deep, but plausible. They did mention that all those plans to go global have been in the works for longer than what's public.

#143 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:14 AM

Seriously, they haven't even sorted out all the merge crap yet and now they're in a hurry to open a new server for who knows what region of players, which will likely get merged into Odin once they chase off whatever players they manage to attract there. This new server is just going to be a huge waste of time and resources that should be going into fixing what's left of iRO2.

#144 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:08 AM

if they opened up a server with legend of the second mechanics but with AoV content made available? that would be more awesome.

implement a shared kafra storage please. i just removed 1.8k items from temp storage and i still have 500 left to get but i don't have anywhere to put them in. my bags are so full i won't be able to play anymore. i don't even have one slot free to loot sans pots. i have tons of non-tradeable items that i extracted on my lowbies that i was saving up for my 2 main characters to use. so please make a shared kafra storage just like in RO1 so i can pass them up to my main characters when i need them.

EDIT:

i just want to mention that i even destroyed all my hard earned colo T1/T2 set for my priest and warrior and sold my chaos gears to NPC just to make more space for these items. mementos of my hard work is now gone just to create some space for consumables. nao i won't be able to see my smexy character wearing all black  :sob:

AND I STILL HAVE 500 MORE TO GET FROM FREAKIN TEMP STORAGE! kmn

EDIT AGAIN:

looks like i posted on the wrong thread. lmao 

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 19 October 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#145 3558130505073124957

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

I think Gravity just dumb because everything they planned are rushed and deadlining... I have a job in a marketing and we need to plan schedules, let's say there is a "maintenance" day on Friday we plan things for it since Monday. Gravity just seems self-confident that they can plan everything for next maintenance in Monday midnight when the maintenance is in Monday morning without thinking the consequences, reviewing customers will like it or hate it, etc...

Really planning in short time only works for school kids who wants to finish their homework tomorrow. Adult's job is not something you can finish in one night, even college's stuff actually teach you to plan it out and do it before "tomorrow is the deadline"... I am sorry if this sounds rude, I was just sarcastic to say if developers ever learn things or not because they have two issues that ruined themselves : deadliners and repeating same mistakes (how many times I yelled about quest monster spawn time?)

LoL And Who do you think is working for them Adults ?

Kids are cheaper and esiar to hadle less opinion betterd endurance ........ and so on

#146 kramyaj

kramyaj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

With us discussing and arguing about Freyja.. It's now one day away for it's release if there will be no interruptions..

So let's just hope for the best..

#147 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

This is a general warning. Any further harassment or attacking of anyone will result  in loss of posting rights.

#148 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

With us discussing and arguing about Freyja.. It's now one day away for it's release if there will be no interruptions..

So let's just hope for the best..

I can see the scene already

*WP staff enters the office*

WP guy 1: today we booted up Freyja, right?

WP guy 2: yeah, flip up that switch

WP guy 1: wasn't there some item removal or something involved?

WP guy 3: it'll just wipe their account storages, don't worry about it and go for that switch

WP guy 1: okay, here goes

*WP guy 1 flips the switch and WP guy 2's computer finishes booting up and checks the forum*

WP guy 2: uhm... guys? We might have messed up a tiny little bit...

#149 mikeos

mikeos

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Please Reset All active skill such as defender and steel body on sea players they got extra skill points on it and its bug you dont have the skill but you got the buffs its kinda OP if thats the case extra skill points because you didnt need any skill points to put on defender or steelbody because its already activated                 

OR Give all Players Free Reset Stats And Scroll ^_^

Edited by mikeos, 19 October 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#150 kramyaj

kramyaj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

I can see the scene already

*WP staff enters the office*

WP guy 1: today we booted up Freyja, right?

WP guy 2: yeah, flip up that switch

WP guy 1: wasn't there some item removal or something involved?

WP guy 3: it'll just wipe their account storages, don't worry about it and go for that switch

WP guy 1: okay, here goes

*WP guy 1 flips the switch and WP guy 2's computer finishes booting up and checks the forum*

WP guy 2: uhm... guys? We might have messed up a tiny little bit...

Haha.. And when I was just erasing that picture in my head!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users