Icewall on boss - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Icewall on boss

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:13 AM

@Xellie

In that video it looks like the MVP randomly walks out of the icewall at one point?

@renouille

I'm not passing judgement, I'm just trying to understand it.

So I see that in your Ifrit video you used a different trick.

I also realize that the MVP just stops if inside icewall, but that's only the visible effect. Whether it stays there because it can't see outside or because the AI has a bug (does that mean normal monsters with MVP behavior are also affected?) can both have this visible effect. I guess best way to see that is by getting in the situation where a monster hasn't spotted you yet, put an icewall between you and the monster, walk closer and see if it starts chasing you and walk around the icewall or if it won't notice you. Then repeat the same test with a boss monster.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

It doesn't randomly walk out, the wizard was just bad

All monsters go idle in icewall, I think.

#28 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Normal monsters do go idle and use idle skills but they instantly re-aggro any target, they won't stand still but keep moving but getting set back to the previous cell. They can walk out to the south and west. You can even make them leave ice wall intentionally by placing another one in front of them so their pathfinding finally returns a valid path. You can create neat tricks by combining firewall with icewall because of this.

Lookie here: http://ragdo.blog56....-entry-763.html

Edited by Ryokosha, 22 October 2014 - 10:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users