Server Crashes/Random Disconnections - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Server Crashes/Random Disconnections

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

at approximately 3:38 pacific, the server crashed... yet again. people have problems staying connected, there are random server lags multiple times daily, and the community knows it server based due to the fact that its everybody who experiences these lag spikes. I honestly think instead of continuing to deal with the isp you have now, gravity, you should just find a new one. There have been nothing but problems since Dragon Saga came here, every patch, every update, every time theres a slight hiccup, its primarily because of the isp you're currently with. Please, find some way to fix the lag problems and server crashes or get a new provider.

for the people who are going to criticize my post (inevitably), its late, i'm tired, i cant think straight, but i'm saying whats on my mind.

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

I see nothing wrong with your post. This is a serious problem and Gravity really needs to fix it.

#3 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

You know what else is a serious problem? Level 3200 monsters. Can we please move on with the quests?

#4 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

You know what else is a serious problem? Level 3200 monsters. Can we please move on with the quests?

Omg ^This!!! At the least, they could add a quick patch that would give a whole levels worth of EXP to the person that kills one. I herd it can take around a half hour, but it would still be worth it.

What I am most curious about is the concept of a lvl 3200 monster. Like if you really think about it, how can a simple bug cause them to exist? In a way they are too "well functioning" to just be some kind of bugged code. They don't glitch. They act perfectly like regular monsters. They should be able to 1-hit kill a char, but they only hit for a 2-3 times the normal damage of the correct lvl counterpart. They are actually more annoying than anything.

But this combined with Barunson's last minute "well...no 4th job quite yet" patch change, I'm beginning to suspect something. This is starting to look like some kind of foul play or sabotage.

#5 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

oh great, another server problem that caused people to d/c, and caused me to die in css, i dont die in css. 11k hp on a harle with cakes, the cakes didnt do anything, and it was more than just me who disconnected, so you cant say it was from me lagging =.=

gravity, fix this problem. please.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

I got d/ced on floor 24 of VC after starting from floor 11. we had to start over again at floor 19...

#7 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

Seriously,ealier today I died then got dced(I could've been revived) when fighting lavalon, WHEN IT WAS ALMOST DEAD. Apparently there was some random lag spike and I had to log on again. This s getting so annoying its becoming unbearable for me to play.

I've seen so many complaints about these lag spikes and dcs that I'm suprised it has not been addressed yet. People are not playing because of this ridiculous lag.

#8 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

We are experiencing problems with our up line provider, the ISP is working on fixing this and we are looking into alternative ways to prevent this in the future, but we are aware and expecting things to not be stable and are watching to hopefully be on top of things if something does happen.

#9 Lanili

Lanili

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for letting us know what the problem is Calanor. Much appreciated.
Though it's still hard to play when it keeps doing this. I lost so much exp from lag dieing. ;;

#10 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

thanks calanor for letting us know you guys were doing what you could. its nice to have active administration on forums. tho the state of the server is... well... unstable, it helps that you guys are active.

#11 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Talking about lag spikes and bug. We are currently doing aram for like the 10th times already. If its not bugged that 1 of us cant pass through the door, we will be disconnected. I guess mutisha takes her day off today huh.

#12 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

We are experiencing problems with our up line provider, the ISP is working on fixing this and we are looking for alternative ways of preventing this in the future, but we are aware and expecting things to not be stable and are watching to hopefully be on top of things if something does happen.

Grenades can help, lol.

But thanks for the update. Any update on the lvl 3200 monsters yet?

#13 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

This is BS. When I brought up these issues a week ago everyone in the thread was saying they were connection issues on my end. But in this thread everyone agrees that the problems stem from the ISP. WTH?

#14 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

This is BS. When I brought up these issues a week ago everyone in the thread was saying they were connection issues on my end. But in this thread everyone agrees that the problems stem from the ISP. WTH?

Because what you described didn't sound like the same thing...

#15 iantran

iantran

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

im a new player, these problems don't really make this game enjoyable..extremely frustrating..i think ill just quit..waste of 2gig download..great way to entice new players gravity, 1 day.. all it took is 1 day for me to not enjoy it

#16 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

This had to do with server kicking EVERYONE. When I relogged, there was no one in the channels.

#17 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Seriously,ealier today I died then got dced(I could've been revived) when fighting lavalon, WHEN IT WAS ALMOST DEAD. Apparently there was some random lag spike and I had to log on again. This s getting so annoying its becoming unbearable for me to play.

I've seen so many complaints about these lag spikes and dcs that I'm suprised it has not been addressed yet. People are not playing because of this ridiculous lag.

Seems exactly like what I was talking about...

#18 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

Seems exactly like what I was talking about...

Random disconnects happen to people all the time, which is what was happening to you. This thread is about the entire SERVER shutting down and kicking EVERYONE off.

#19 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

Random disconnects happen to people all the time, which is what was happening to you. This thread is about the entire SERVER shutting down and kicking EVERYONE off.

Topics evolve, it went from this particular huge dc to discussing how the server is terrible in general, remember how you pvp guys hijacked my glorious set thread? The initial topic isn't always discussed by the end of the thread.

#20 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

Topics evolve, it went from this particular huge dc to discussing how the server is terrible in general, remember how you pvp guys hijacked my glorious set thread? The initial topic isn't always discussed by the end of the thread.

I dont think anyone flamed you after that.

Also what glorious set thread?

#21 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

I dont think anyone flamed you after that.

Also what glorious set thread?

This one Glorious sets

#22 Aramis

Aramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

The level 3200 monsters have been noted and we are communicating with Barunson about it.

#23 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

This one Glorious sets

Your question was answered D:<

#24 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

The level 3200 monsters have been noted and we are communicating with Barunson about it.

Thank you. I just hope I can have at least one day of use out of this EXP event.

#25 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

1:43 pacific, same exact problem. server lag, d/c

Edited by Severfang, 14 November 2010 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users