Need Tips from Pro Glads - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need Tips from Pro Glads

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TrueParagon

TrueParagon

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey fellow Glads,

I was just wondering if Acceleration becomes completely overshadowed by Myrmidon's Weapon Quicken skill, cuz I already have the Uber Combo medal(still no Legendary cuz of lag) and my set gives +13% Att Speed and I don't know if I even need to cast Acceleration. I dunno if Quicken is better. Also, is Stumblebum useless? I like using it right before Wrath of Earth but it's so slow and I could just combo before WoE.
I'm looking forward to becoming a Myrm and just wanted tips in which skills to discard. Thank you.

Oh...and apparently Grizzly is useless? I thought it gave a decent attack boost?

#2 Rynas

Rynas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

You should never be really needing to normal attacks. Most if not all of your damage will be coming from skills so do not get any APSD increasing skills such as those. Skills you should look to max.

[Warrior]
Stormblade

[Gladiator]
4/5 Both bears
(optional) Gamble

[Myrmidon]
Sharpness Blade
Gust Slash
Deathbound
Raising Storm
Wyvern Blade

BTW you would get answers more suited to your question in the class discussion section and to avoid flamers.

Edited by Rynas, 13 November 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#3 sumbody

sumbody

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

Dont forget to max out Sword Dance

#4 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

Weapon Quicken is only useful if you plan on partying with archers or a Priest CONSTANTLY and even then not enough to warrant using it. Acceleration Is for Bloody Roar builds which are a gimmick. A funny gimmick but a gimmick nonetheless...

Grizzly power is useless but you need it at 1 to for the Bear skill. Stumble is useful in PvE and PvP. You can max it but I never have. Its mostly used as a stun. Wrath of Earth is debatable after level 40. It doesn't do much damage an its slow. But it has absurd range and actually trips people up in PvP.

http://image-storage...115005515110000

This will get you through both

Dont forget to max out Sword Dance

The range increase is negligible.

Edited by ApeKing, 13 November 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#5 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Weapon Quicken is only useful if you plan on partying with archers or a Priest CONSTANTLY and even then not enough to warrant using it. Acceleration Is for Bloody Roar builds which are a gimmick. A funny gimmick but a gimmick nonetheless...

Grizzly power is useless but you need it at 1 to for the Bear skill. Stumble is useful in PvE and PvP. You can max it but I never have. Its mostly used as a stun. Wrath of Earth is debatable after level 40. It doesn't do much damage an its slow. But it has absurd range and actually trips people up in PvP.

http://image-storage...115005515110000

This will get you through both

The range increase is negligible.

Why would you want to ignore a stunning skill with 40% aim reduction? Only costs 10 SP per level, I'd rather have 3 Raising storm and Max the Stumble.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 13 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#6 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Why would you want to ignore a stunning skill with 40% aim reduction? Only costs 10 SP per level, I'd rather have 3 Raising storm and Max the Stumble.

Because unless you are on a team with a Ninja/Harle/Pathfinder, or have a crapload of evade yourself its not very useful. Especially if you are fighting AGAINST those classes, because more often than not they have enough aim to hit you even if you stumble them.

#7 TrueParagon

TrueParagon

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

Ah, thanks a lot guys. I got a more focused idea on what I need for my future Overlord. And to Rynas, yeah you're probably right. I forgot to put it in that section. Hmmm....I was thinking of maxing Sword Dance but I left it in the dust for now. I mostly do PvE right now and don't think I'll PvP much until waaay later, if ever.

#8 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Because unless you are on a team with a Ninja/Harle/Pathfinder, or have a crapload of evade yourself its not very useful. Especially if you are fighting AGAINST those classes, because more often than not they have enough aim to hit you even if you stumble them.

Stumble isn't about the aim decrease, it's about the stun. Gives you time to set up a combo on someone (EDIT: or also save teammates from combos). At least, that's what I thought it was used for.

Edited by Rimmy, 13 November 2010 - 10:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users