Cannot see Any players, NPC or monster.. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot see Any players, NPC or monster..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

I login and all I see are skills that were casted, IE Warmer Gypsy's Kiss etc.. but  I cannot see any players, monsters, npcs.. Nothing. Prontera is a ghost town!

Any suggestions??

~Funsize

#2 Heavensangel348

Heavensangel348

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

I have the same issue in payon.

#3 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

I went to payon as well, it is all maps :/ but it works just fine on my other computer

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

Renouille has a guide to re-patching

Please make sure all instances of the game and patcher are closed before patching!

#5 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for your help Oda, but it did not work.. any other suggestions??

#6 Saraluna

Saraluna

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'm also having this problem and the re-patch did not help.

#7 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

Bump. Anyone know what to do? I am downloading the new updated install to try and reinstall it but I am on 56k connection so its going to take about 11 hours..

#8 ItWasOnATuesday

ItWasOnATuesday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia, the land of dial-up internet.
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

"Ragnarok" was recently filtered on my modem ~_~';;

Which was fine for a while, when I used tallow (transparent tor for win) to start the patcher and there weren't any patches to download. But now after the update, I started it and it did the usualy things, but I noticed it didn't download the patch. After I ran it, I got the no npc problem. So I downloaded Renouille's patch file, and restarted the patcher. It went dandy, until it tried connecting to the file server. Turns out it couldn't connect to file server. I checked that tallow was running, and I was connected to the tor network, which were yes and yes. So now I can't play.

Is this a problem on my side, or does wp not like tor? :p_sad:

___

Well, nothing worked, so I just hopped on a neighbour's wifi. But I'd like to figure this out before the next patch comes along.

If you're experiencing problems with your client after yesterday's update, then try the following:

Warning: Don't follow these instructions if you last updated your client before 2014/10/29 because doing so will cause your client to skip installing one or more updates.

• Download and then extract this file.
  • Move the files contained in the extracted folder into your IRO client installation folder.
  • Close any and all open clients.
  • Download this file.
  • Navigate to the IRO client installation folder in File Explorer/Windows Explorer.
  • Replace the file patch.inf with the version you downloaded in step 2.
  • Open the Renewal client.

Thanks for that. I didn't try it, so idk if it will work on tallow. I'm guessing step 1 links to the actual files I need to download (usually done from the patcher)?

Edited by ItWasOnATuesday, 06 November 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#9 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

If you're experiencing problems with your client after yesterday's update, then try the following:

Warning: Don't follow these instructions if you last updated your client before 2014/10/29 because doing so will cause your client to skip installing one or more updates.
  • Download and then extract this file.
  • Move the files contained in the extracted folder into your IRO client installation folder.
  • Close any and all open clients.
  • Download this file.
  • Navigate to the IRO client installation folder in File Explorer/Windows Explorer.
  • Replace the file patch.inf with the version you downloaded in step 4.
  • Open the Renewal client.

Edited by Axylus, 06 November 2014 - 02:14 AM.

#10 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:06 AM

"Ragnarok" was recently filtered on my modem ~_~';;
Which was fine for a while, when I used tallow (transparent tor for win) to start the patcher and there weren't any patches to download. But now after the update, I started it and it did the usualy things, but I noticed it didn't download the patch. After I ran it, I got the no npc problem. So I downloaded Renouille's patch file, and restarted the patcher. It went dandy, until it tried connecting to the file server. Turns out it couldn't connect to file server. I checked that tallow was running, and I was connected to the tor network, which were yes and yes. So now I can't play.
Is this a problem on my side, or does wp not like tor? :p_sad:
___
Well, nothing worked, so I just hopped on a neighbour's wifi. But I'd like to figure this out before the next patch comes along.

The patcher downloads patches via FTP using Internet Explorer. If the patcher is unable to connect to the FTP server, then it's usually because something is blocking its FTP connections or Internet Explorer is broken. Can you access the FTP server using Internet Explorer?

I don't know whether Tor supports FTP, but I think using Tor to download updates for a game is definitely a recipe for disaster. :P

Thanks for that. I didn't try it, so idk if it will work on tallow. I'm guessing step 1 links to the actual files I need to download (usually done from the patcher)?

Yes, the Zip archive contains all of the patches that were added yesterday.

For reasons that are unknown to me, the patcher sometimes fails to download patches (usually large ones) but marks them as installed, which causes players to encounter various problems when they attempt to play the game. A while ago I discovered that you can work around this problem by manually downloading the problematic patches into the client installation folder before modifying the file patch.inf

Edited by Axylus, 06 November 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#11 FunSize513

FunSize513

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

ok I am trying this, but stupid question... where do I put the downed patch files within my RO Folder?

#12 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Just put them in the same folder as the patch client.It will automatically recognise them and repack them when done.

#13 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

Just put them in the same folder as the patch client.It will automatically recognise them and repack them when done.

Yes, put them in the same folder as the file Ragnarok.exe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users