Freezing - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LazyyBumm

LazyyBumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

So about a month ago my laptop started freezing on me when i try to run two game clients(1 fully patched and the other well it says failed on the patcher but lets me in anyway) and since i run my own homun party in low ti it really is annoying to have to reboot my laptop.. I usually have 5 game clients on too for my 4 gens and one non gen.. Is there a way that my laptop doesnt freeze on me??

The os btw is windows 7

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

I can't figure out what you're describing from that description - in one sentence you say it freezes when you start a second client. In the next, you say you run 5 clients at once, and have to reboot your laptop (when it freezes), which implies that it freezes while you have multiple clients running, which means it doesn't freeze when you start the second client, but at some point afterwards. What is it?

Does it freeze every time start the second client immediately? This would likely indicate that something has changed on your computer, possibly related to graphics configuration when it stopped working.

Or does it become unstable when you run more than one client? In this case, I'd suspect overheating - RO is very good at making laptops get hot; clean the vents out with an air duster. I have owned acer craptops that needed to be cleaned every month or two to dual client without stability issues.

Are you running full screen? If so, don't do that.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 November 2014 - 12:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users