Need Advice for Ranger Build and Master Level - Ranger - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Need Advice for Ranger Build and Master Level

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ginxt

Ginxt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

hey i am new to RO2 and just hit ML today and got some question i would like to ask :D

First of all about a good Ranger Build for grinding/PvE (not realy interested in pvp).

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

thats the build i have so far...is a worth putting points into Charged Arrow and Sharp Shooting? What about Poison Arrow any good for Single Target Fights?

Now about Arrow Vulcan and Falcon Assault are these two skills any good? Specialy AV that now can get up to 10 instead of 5.

Would it be worth considering getting fear breeze without AV for the 10 % Haste at 5 stacks?

And my last question would be about Master Level progession....should i buy skillpoints first to finish my build or get higher MLevel for better equip?

Thanks in advance :D

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

That's the build the last 19 skill points will be useless to you in ML levels(seriously besides Multishot,AS,Charge shot all other offensive skills are useless)

#3 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:17 AM

Here's what i use, this is the current build that works ok... but doesn't seem effective due to latest ranger nerfs.

1 Point in Poison Arrow - If i catch rogues/sins/rangers running from group pvp poison arrow keeps them in combat for 30secs so they can't restealth

1 Point in Falcon - these guys do decent damage to be fair but it scales of M.Attack so no need to max it, level one is fine, also works well with truesight 2 falcons OP PvE damage.

The rest of the points (4 left) is purely up to you as a player, which one of these you find useful to max

Claymore Trap

True sight

Camouflage Mastery

The rest of the skills with no points in it DO NOT ever use them. They are broke and aren't working Correctly.

Edited by Fluidz, 11 November 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#4 Ginxt

Ginxt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks guys that about answers my question regarding the skills.

Two more question while we are at it ->

What about stats? I asked several times in /public and the answers ranged from pure STR / pure AGI / and various hybrid builds.

Do the stats even make that much of a difference seeing as equip has so much stats on it?

Last question about Cards. Which cards do ML Ranger use ? cant realy find any up-to-date info about that anywhere unfortunatly.

Too bad nobody is doing a up-to-date ranger guide here - @StormHaven judging by your Signature you would be the man for the job :P

#5 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

out of those two builds, id highly recommend you follow StormHaven's since his is more PvE based while Fluidz's seems to be much more PvP based

#6 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

Stats feel more or less negligible at this point, so there are many viable builds. Stack STR for a little bit of extra physical damage/parry, stack AGI for dodge, or stack VIT for an HP boost. Full VIT builds are fairly popular at the moment due to the extra durability it grants to otherwise-squishy classes, but almost any build will work as a PVE ranger depending on your preferences. Like you said, your character will get the vast majority of its stats from equipment.

Ranger does well with 5x Mummy Cards due to the bonus STR/VIT/Haste, and they are easily farmed in Tomb of Osiris and readily available in AH for ~200-400Z apiece.

My take on a general-purpose PVE build with PVP flexibility: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#7 Onimurasg

Onimurasg

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

out of those two builds, id highly recommend you follow StormHaven's since his is more PvE based while Fluidz's seems to be much more PvP based

Hi! Greatly appreciated if anyone kind enough to show what is StormHaven's build? The image link is no longer valid. Thanks in advance!

#8 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

Hi! Greatly appreciated if anyone kind enough to show what is StormHaven's build? The image link is no longer valid. Thanks in advance!

the game has changed so much since then, here's one example build that might work for PvE (without buying any skill points with MP):

http://ro2.roguard.n...11333145111115/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users