• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ganshin

Ganshin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

I've been torn between which branch to specialize in as a thief, and i was wondering, if one wasn't planning on PvPing at all, or very rarely, would there be a point into taking Infiltrator/Ninja/Shadow? From the videos i've seen of high level Harlequins, they pretty much use two skills and just spam them.

Also, why is the Infiltrator branch good at bossing? What is a usual combo when facing a boss (or anything that can't be stunned/knocked down).

Thanks, Brahskis.

#2 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

There would be kind of a point since the new ambush violent blow and other stuff. Also, if you have low life and no pots you can use april pools. Also they have high evade so they wont get hurt much. they're good at bossing because their specialty is hitting one enemy. My usual combo is ViolentBlow-->Ambush-->Dagger-->Run-->swift attack etc. But there's other combos

#3 Hector14

Hector14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:All of them

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

Myself is a Non-PvP Assassin, and I focus on PvE. I just focus on 1 enemy, and if other enemies interfere, there's ambush and swift attack. But PvE is still fun, and I didn't like the idea of doing the 2 same skills over and over, Infiltrators>Assassin>Ninja gives you more creativity.

#4 Ganshin

Ganshin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

Thanks guys ^^

Are there any builds? Most are Jester or PvP Assassin. Is there much of a difference?

#5 sqwishytofu

sqwishytofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Truth be told, PvP and PvE builds for assassin aren't that much different. Mainly focus on Daggers, Violent Blow, Ambush, the hitting up thing, the slamming down thing, and maybe swift attack.

#6 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Get daggers to 10/10 after the new INS scrolls come out for them, 5 Violent Blow, 5 swift, get all passives from infiltrator up maxed, mist vanish 5, fly 5, ambush 5,cut down 3, aerial frenzy 1, feel free to get your awakening skills the damage is actually really nice. Stack agi, crit rate, crit dmg, evade and int in that order. Get aim if you feel your not hitting enough, shouldnt be a problem though.

Edited by LadiThePKK, 15 November 2010 - 06:28 AM.

#7 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Get daggers to 10/10 after the new INS scrolls come out for them, 5 Violent Blow, 5 swift, get all passives from infiltrator up maxed, mist vanish 5, fly 5, ambush 5,cut down 3, aerial frenzy 1, feel free to get your awakening skills the damage is actually really nice. Stack agi, crit rate, crit dmg, evade and int in that order. Get aim if you feel your not hitting enough, shouldnt be a problem though.

So that means 5% Agi for the character card would be much better than 5% HLT/10% Evade, correct? (I assume so, but...)

#8 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

Not necessarily ultimately it's your choice but the character Card isn't worth starting over for IMO. Any one of those would be fine though.

Edited by LadiThePKK, 15 November 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#9 Jinsukiji

Jinsukiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

There's nothing wrong with being a non-PVP infiltrator, I'm a ninja and I have a PvE build and it all works out fine. You just need to focus on... As an infiltrator, keep the THIEF skills you've had such as aerial frenzy, cutdown, launch, and such but I'd say you wouldn't need them as an assassin... But that's just me. (This is my PvE build).

Skills - Thief
N/A

Skills - Infiltrator
Ambush - Lv. 5 Max
Violent Blow - Lv. 5 Max
Swift Attack - Lv. 5 Max
Katar Blocking - Lv. 5 Max
Throwing Dagger - Lv. 5 Max
Dagger Mastery - Lv. 5 Max
Burrow - Lv. 1
Shadow Walking - Lv. 2

Skills - Assassin
Devilstorm Dart - Lv. 2
Wood Rush - Lv. 5 Max
Ninja Frenzy - Lv. 1 Max
Cherry Blossom - Lv. 1
Leaf Fall - Lv. 1
Mist Vanish - Lv. 5 Max
Sky Penetration - Lv. 5 Max
-----------------------------------

Infiltrator may be good at bossing short term but in the long run, myrms own it because they're OP atm. T_T My myrm friend can crit 80K at lv. 60 and I don't even think we're that godly funded. (Pretty equal funded). They're probably good though because they get tons of skills that have high potential of damage with the short duration to re-use, like daggers = 2 second delay, 7 daggers x 4K damage = 28K damage, use violent blow, daggers, ambush, daggers, violent blow, so on...

Edited by Jinsukiji, 16 November 2010 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users