#1 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

So why hasn't Sin's penetration been nerfed yet?  And Cross Impact at 700% still, out of hide doing x2 dmg being able to one shot most classes and players with CD of 4secs. 

#2 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:17 PM

cuz its 100% skill. also in my last term i have put down that its 2 stronk but nuffing #happening. so idk i guess we see later?

#3 chronojxf007

chronojxf007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ChronoJXF
  • Server:Playing Warframe

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

When nerfing penetration buffs owned by thief class (Assassin penetration buff and Ymir Child penetration buff) you have to consider, that other classes have unbalanced skills also ignoring enemy def (particularly dot debuff skills) that was never been balanced from the start. Remember that balancing the combat classes of the game is focused both PvE and PvP. Besides thief class do close-combat dps skill combos compare to some classes that the dps capability of some classes rely on continuous high damage of dots; And high-damage skills are affected by the enemy gears' refinement + Armor runes; it's a bad idea for now nerfing the penetration buff of Assassins, even the other classes are hard to balanced out especially when they're equipped with high Power runes and BlueSeed Runes.

Too much balances on thief class, why not request to wipe out seed runes and remake the calculation of dps capability of classes on the first place?  :p_err:

Edited by chronojxf007, 12 November 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#4 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

Nerf only cross impact, penetration is thief class specialty, it shouldn't be touched IMO.

What I find OP on sins though, is having a very low shadow armor cooldown, some even abuse it further with vigor, hell you're actually invulnerable to everything with shadow armor up.

#5 Rhein14

Rhein14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

They already nerf Hide, interrupted gathering, and also when doing PVP they always asked "why hide?" uhh Duhh it's a skill why not use it, it's just like saying why bear form?, why steel body?, so please make it stop..

#6 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

The actual hide isn't the problem, it's the x2 damage with an OP skill called Cross Impact. 1400% damage without any requirements(other than hide to achieve 1400%)..

People never really cared before if assassins hide during a duel, right now you could 1 hit most people out of hide with CI since you also have penetration back up...

#7 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

When nerfing penetration buffs owned by thief class (Assassin penetration buff and Ymir Child penetration buff) you have to consider, that other classes have unbalanced skills also ignoring enemy def (particularly dot debuff skills) that was never been balanced from the start. Remember that balancing the combat classes of the game is focused both PvE and PvP. Besides thief class do close-combat dps skill combos compare to some classes that the dps capability of some classes rely on continuous high damage of dots; And high-damage skills are affected by the enemy gears' refinement + Armor runes; it's a bad idea for now nerfing the penetration buff of Assassins, even the other classes are hard to balanced out especially when they're equipped with high Power runes and BlueSeed Runes.

Too much balances on thief class, why not request to wipe out seed runes and remake the calculation of dps capability of classes on the first place?  :p_err:

Second this. Seeds have to be eliminated from the face of Midgard. :(

#8 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:43 PM

Keep this in mind:

Assuming a 75% starting defense rate, every 5% of armor penetration equals a 20% overall damage increase. So it's a free power 20% seedrune for every 5% AP.

(75% def-rate => 25% damage gets through; reducing def-rate to 70% => 30% gets through. 30/25 = 1.2 => 20% bonus)

To simulate the impact on a 700% Cross Impact, 5% AP is equal to a 840% skill with no AP (10% AP => 980% CI).

A critical hit out of hide therefore sums up for 3360% damage (10% AP => 3920% damage) when replacing AP with plain damage

... just to pre-empt my comment on the G-Fist comparison.

#9 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

Keep this in mind:

Assuming a 75% starting defense rate, every 5% of armor penetration equals a 20% overall damage increase. So it's a free power 20% seedrune for every 5% AP.

(75% def-rate => 25% damage gets through; reducing def-rate to 70% => 30% gets through. 30/25 = 1.2 => 20% bonus)

To simulate the impact on a 700% Cross Impact, 5% AP is equal to a 840% skill with no AP (10% AP => 980% CI).

A critical hit out of hide therefore sums up for 3360% damage (10% AP => 3920% damage) when replacing AP with plain damage

... just to pre-empt my comment on the G-Fist comparison.

I was wondering about the same stuff. Cause i've been comparing my damage with other p2w Assassins and power seed rune doesn't make a BIG difference but penetration, from what i've tested. My penetration is 6.57% without Osi Epic cards ++ while other sins with Osi Epic cards refined get 8-9% and there is a huge difference in damage. With Ymir i get 13.57%.

Following your formula, with Ymir i'm using a power 54.28%. If we add Green seed rune + 5 pieces of ChunglimSa (attack) works like a Power 120%+. I'm pointing this out for 2 reasons, 1º cause next gear has penetration on almost all parts, with no seed runes though and 2º, to state that Penetration > Green Seed Rune (Power).

#10 7397141015204128823

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thank you Greven and Vau for crunching the numbers for Penetration. Very useful and something to keep in mind when building your character.

@Vau, what do you mean that the next gear will have Penetration on all Parts? Or maybe you mean all classes? Because from what I saw, Penetration is only for Gloves (for most classes).

But there are Purple and Gold runes. So maybe you mean that we can put Penetration Runes in one of those?

And you are referring to Eddga Set, right?

Again, thanks for the very useful information.

Edited by 7397141015204128823, 05 December 2014 - 08:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users