Support Acolyte Fencer Mercenary Leveling Guide - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Support Acolyte Fencer Mercenary Leveling Guide

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Credits: All monster and map links are from Doddler's site. All item links are from Amesani's site. Quest Walk Throughs are from contributers of iRo Wiki. Thank you both for making great databases, and thank you everyone who helps iRo Wiki!

This is my experience with leveling a support High Aco mostly with Fencer Mercenaries on Ymir. I'm aware that it may be different for Valkyrie players because of botting. Thank you Charisma, for helping me out when I was confused about them. :unsure: If I am missing information, put misinformation, or just worded something awkwardly, post about it and I'll attempt to fix it. It is not meant to be a 1-99 guide, but to help support acolytes get up to levels where its easier to find a party.

I'll try to sort them per Mercenary Grade, since they can't kill much above their own level. I'll put the spot that I leveled on, plus any quests that might be needed to get to said area. Also good drops, deadly skills used against you, and monsters to avoid. I started typing this as a 69 High Priestess, so the early parts may be a little fuzzy and missing some information.

Also, if you have level 99 Mercenary Scrolls via Event, just use those in any place you please. Just remember to stay in level range of the monster. :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Where to get Mercenaries/Mercenary Supplies: Izlude = Fencer | Payon = Bowman | Prontera = Spearman
1,750 Zeny - Mercenary Red Potion
3,500 Zeny - Mercenary Blue Potion
560 Zeny - Mercenary Concentration Potion
1,050 Zeny - Mercenary Awakening Potion
2,100 Zeny - Mercenary Berserk Potion

Odd Things About Mercenaries:
Receives 50% Heal
Blessing Only Affects Hit
Increase AGI Affects Flee
Owner Only can Endow (Aspersio/Normal Endows)
Attacks hit Ghost Property
It's hard to Target them
Party Skills doesn't work on them

Level 1 through 15 - Pre-Mercenary Stage
Here I was helped by my boyfriend on his priest, but it is doable solo. If you are a regular Acolyte, I suggest staying in the Training Grounds until either you change, or Base 10. Base 10 would be the best case, because there is a NPC that heals you there, and monsters that are easier to kill. If you have help, Hornets are great experience and can be one shotted either with Lex or Gloria + Buffs. Spores, both in Training Grounds and to the right of Payon, are great experience as well but need you will need potions.

After you change into an acolyte, or high acolyte, you will need to get to Base Level 15 in order to use Mercenaries. Until then, find a party with a fellow new character or heal bomb Zombies in Payon Cave. SP will be very slow at this point, so don't be afraid to ask a fellow player in Payon Caves for a party!

Side Note: At level 12, you can start the Equipment Quests from Eden. Sign up, and talk to Boya. The second and third stage of equipment comes at level 26 and 40.

Grade 1 Mercenary - Base Level 15 + 7,000 Zeny - Level 20 - <Skills Added Later>
Payon Caves Level 1 - Zombie and Skeleton

Good Drops:
Opal
Horrendous Mouth
Cursed Ruby
Ribbon [1]

Deadly skills used against you:
Undead/Shadow Attack

Monsters to avoid:
Familiars (Easily mobbed, hurts)
Poporings (Hits Merc hard, doable with active Heal)

Grade 2 Mercenary - Base Level 25 + 14,000 Zeny - Level 30 - <Skills Added Later>
Payon Field 9 - Elder Willow and Coco

Good Drops:
Elder Branch
Dead Branch
Rough Elunium
Strawberries

Fire Attack
Fire Bolt

Monsters to avoid:
None

Grade 3 Mercenary - Base Level 35 + 21,000 Zeny - Level 40 - <Skills Added Later>
I actually stayed in Elder Willows until I was 44 because I bought too many Grade 2 Mercenary scrolls.

Grade 4 Mercenary - Base Level 45 + 28,000 Zeny - Level 50 - <Skills Added Later>
Prontera Field 9 - Magnolia and Metaller

Good Drops:
Old Frying Pan
Rough Elunium
Professional Cooking Kit
Burning Passion Guitar
Red Blood

Silence

Monsters to avoid:
None

Grade 5 Mercenary - Base Level 55 + 35,000 Zeny - Level 60 - <Skills Added Later>
Byalan Dungeon Level 5 - Merman and Strouf

Good Drops:
Mystic Frozen
Rough Oridecon
Trident [3]
Gill

Water Ball
Pierce
Water Attack
Frost Diver
Lightning Bolt (Follows Frost Diver cast)

Monsters to avoid:
None

Alternate Spot:
Payon Cave Level 4 - Sohee

Good Drops:
Black Hair
Puente Robe [1]
Authoritative Badge
Muffler [1]
Shoes [1]
Munak Hat
Bongun Hat

Deadly Skills used against you:
None

Monsters to avoid:
Ninetails

Grade 6 Mercenary - Base Level 65 + 42,000 Zeny - Level 70 - Weapon Quicken/Decrease Agi/Sense
Ayothaya Shrine Level 2 - Tamraun (Quest Dungeon)

Good Drops:
Bastard Sword [3]
Tassel
Mystic Rough Runestones
Fabric

Silence

Monsters to Avoid:
Lady Tanee (MvP)

Grade 7 Mercenary - Base Level 75 + 49,000 Zeny - Level 80 - Bash/Berserk/Scapegoat
Einbroch Field (South Einbroch) - Metaling and Porcellio

Good Drops:
Iron
Crimson Bolt [2]
Large Jellopy
Dew Laden Moss

Mammonite
Reflect

Monsters to avoid:
None

------

Things that will be updated later:
Skills of Grade 1-5 Mercenaries
Mini Map Pictures
Where to get other mercenaries

Things Updated:
Grade 7 Skills and Leveling Area up

------

That's where I am currently, will add more as I get information. :)

Edited by Evionne, 16 November 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#2 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

This is a great project, keep up the good work! With relatively few newer players on the server and of course the mechanics being weighted against parties, there aren't going to be a lot of people for lower level support classes to work with. And not everybody can afford to plunk down real cash on 99 mercenaries. So while a support person might be able to get parties here and there if they want to get levelled in a decent amount of time they'll need alternatives like this.

#3 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Thank you. :lol: I hope it will help both new players and veterans who are starting a support character.

Added: Mini Maps where Fencer, Bowmen, and Spearmen are. Finding places to level with a 7th grade mercenary. There seems to be a lot of places that open up, compared to the other grades.

Going to check out:
Metalings
Harpies (Depending if merc has an AoE) No AoEs

High Orcs would be good, if they left the HO map in... The new map has Arclouze, who are level 107 and will promptly dispose of your body.

(Putting information here partially to make a non-empty post, partially because the main post is rather crowded)

Edited by Evionne, 16 November 2010 - 02:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users