Another try at ROSE but... - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another try at ROSE but...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

*cough* wipe *cough*...  Or raise the exp cap to 250 and decrease the exp rates, get rid of the aoe spots, make it more diffiuclt to level, make a new planet, BETTER and new eq, and increase drop rates....but if you want a ton of new players there needs to be a nice little sweep of the old dust..

#27 GoldenAura

GoldenAura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

I remember those times when you get to choose from 3 to 4 parties in one place. Also, there would be times wherein they'll fight over you especially when you're an AOE character. Haha this is so making me cry

#28 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

the problem with new guys been "shy" is their lack of English, I mean, there is lot of people to have huge problems understanding the game because they don't speak good English,  this has happens to me a lot since I had come back (since My first language is not English either, I can understand their frustration, and I try to help, now with the Spanish speaking is easy, but the majority of this new players are Indonesian/Philippines), and well, there I am lost, I try but some people get in this "fast pace parties" and end level 180 with no knowledge of skills or classes, so maybe, a bit of help in different languages can be welcome...

about the rest, I feel the pain about everything been empty, I remember back in beta times when just to get in was a fight because the servers were full... :p_laugh:

I have encountered multiple players (inevitable in ROSE, haha) who speaks languanges that I don't. This is somewhat remedied by having a window of at least Google Translate in the background. If you're an insanely fast typer, you can just type their messages and you yourself reply by pasting your translated reply in the message box. For me, it's proven pretty effective, especially with Malaysian, Polish, and Spanish players I've met.

The next problem regarding this is if Google Translate does not translate things well (spanish: party being turned fiesta, hahaha XD). There are also cases where I don't feel the other guy even reads my messages no matter how I rephrase them.

Then again there's the amount of max party members. Is there a reason why is it still capped to 6..?

#29 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Honest but sad to say that from what I can see and feel now about Rose, its development and business model is based on retaining current player base and with no intention of expanding its horizon. Back when I first started 2-3 years ago, every leveling maps are full with people leveling. Bots exist but hardly noticeable when you are busy talking-leveling with your new found friends and cursing at the party beside you for luring away your mobs. 

​Hope things improve soon. 

#30 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 November 2014 - 02:25 AM

Something lost, lost forever... :hmm:

#31 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:27 AM

Yeah, it's getting hard. I try no more to invite friends because they ask "Why should I play ROSE?" Then I; " - ... er...  :hmm: ...!? what did you asked?"

Dude, we need to find a way to bring this game to top again, we need more players, more population, new and better improvements.

#32 Gainfast

Gainfast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

-Auto Buffer in junon

-Something in drop that new players can make easy money(like dirty stones but more chance to drop it)

-Let players know how lvling but dont know how .. maybe Fairy from Adventure can spam every 10lvls ^^

-make b1-b3 (goblin cave like old prison^^just 3 rooms + alot moobs +nice drop wtih chests(blue items)) 

-Make more easy Prison cuz ruins=pk and new players can  lose willingness

-Luna map need some changes cuz all ignore this planet just oblivion>>>eldeon(maybe new luna cf or p7 with old narose mammoths (big exp)

-How new player can make billions to buy sets(kidgdom/honor)? now it is impossible without big luck..(drop uniques with nice stats)Medallions? drop is to low and just alhysia is worth ..maybe give another options to change medals .. for Valor points or materials like lisents U/new gems/dirty items

-Low lvl dungeos with new uniques? 

-Add new option that players can check   >>>party's around on this map

-or easy option just make 1 server...

#33 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

-Auto Buffer in junon

No need auto buffer if there's more players, then it means more cleric, more partys, more everything.

-Something in drop that new players can make easy money(like dirty stones but more chance to drop it)

The drop table got much better actually, just still need some changes cuz again, Orlo is the new paradise where you can find everything you need. The problem is still in the market where old and trilionairie players own the market prices.

-Let players know how lvling but dont know how .. maybe Fairy from Adventure can spam every 10lvls ^^

Like a guide you mean? It would be awesome. Also they need to make the quests needed again.

-make b1-b3 (goblin cave like old prison^^just 3 rooms + alot moobs +nice drop wtih chests(blue items)) 

Exactly, Goblin Cave as other maps just become useless again.

-Make more easy Prison cuz ruins=pk and new players can  lose willingness

Just make prison again, I know a lot of players left after this not good changes.

-Luna map need some changes cuz all ignore this planet just oblivion>>>eldeon(maybe new luna cf or p7 with old narose mammoths (big exp)

Exactly.

-How new player can make billions to buy sets(kidgdom/honor)? now it is impossible without big luck..(drop uniques with nice stats)Medallions? drop is to low and just alhysia is worth ..maybe give another options to change medals .. for Valor points or materials like lisents U/new gems/dirty items

This sounds good, but again, the problem still at the market and the low part of players wich determine the laws to the market. Also, less players, less search and supply. Less stuff to craft and sell.

-Low lvl dungeos with new uniques? 

Sure this is needed! I know servers wich have dungeons for levels 70+ and it work greatly. And make the game much more fun cause there you can't enter with a level out of the range, for a example 70-85, so you need a team capable to fight as a first class.

-Add new option that players can check   >>>party's around on this map

+1

-or easy option just make 1 server...

...  :heh: 

Things are not so easy  :p_smile:

Those opinions would turn a easy for new players but can make old players destabilize the server again.

#34 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

I still think, the server needs to be merge . Therefore, we can get more people under one server. Maybe more dungeon players, more party, more game arena, definetly need a new gear and contents like planets , items, cool costumes like faith stuff . Since the game is so dependable on IM items, maybe the dungeon reward and game arena reward should be IM points instead of those honor or valor points. Kinf of fair to tje game that way.. Playing CD for example, after achieving all the skill pasive amd the honor gears, can" t do much with the points since we can not sell honor gears anymore . Back than i was so eager to play CD to earn honor points and exchange it with honor bidurane, and now days i can not sell any bidurane anymore cause refining is so damn hard people just quit refining .. Thats just my point of view .. And i think the character locked items are just not cool at all . I used to give a way my honor stuff to some new friends that i asked to join the game, and most of them keep on playing, amd now . Once they figured out they have to earn their honor gear by doing CD , they just stop playing the game .while all the old players which fully geared will just kill them like flies inside the game arena , which makes the new players nearly imposible to earn points ...

#35 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

@asu

Getting IM points from cd would be terrifying lol.  There needs to be other ways to make money and gain pvp armor in the game for new players.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users