Server Maintenance November 19, 2PM (-8 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance November 19, 2PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

We will be undergoing a standard server maintenance November 19, at 2PM Server time (-8 UTC).

No patch is scheduled for this maintenance unfortunately due to the current plans for our next update is not yet finished. We will be putting up some additional news and information about our next planned update that will be adding a new dungeon to explore and adventure through.

[Repost]

Pegasus notes:

Spoiler

#2 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

Oh dear, our Guard and Shield Spikes. Hohoho! More challenge for Knights then.

#3 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

13th has passed leo

#4 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

gd bay tanky knights .-. .....

#5 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hahaha this made me laugh. Poor knights

#6 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

I hope we Knights can manage. 50% to 20% is really large, but I think they'll address to it anyway if it makes Knights useless. For now, I'll go along of course and seeeee~

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 18 November 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

The damage reduction nerf was necessary, since that skill alone proved to be far too good for its cost and intended value. You'll probably see some changes (buffs) to them with the coming knight update which is in december/january (at least planned for that time, I bet on january/february since they're behind schedule).

If you have any particular ideas knights, send me a private message on the forums here.

#8 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

Does that mean a lot of changes in the near future? Wow, now I'm more excited! To be honest, it really feels overpowered. Dealing major damage to Knights is usually in the form of criticals and magic attacks, and if they augment a anti-critical build, it's even more crazy, so I'm actually looking forward to the challege, hehe.

(Off Topic: Nice Suwako avatar. Haven't noticed it until now, haha)

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

Does that mean a lot of changes in the near future? Wow, now I'm more excited! To be honest, it really feels overpowered. Dealing major damage to Knights is usually in the form of criticals and magic attacks, and if they augment a anti-critical build, it's even more crazy, so I'm actually looking forward to the challege, hehe.

(Off Topic: Nice Suwako avatar. Haven't noticed it until now, haha)

Yeah, they're rather busy in terms of changes, particularly class rebalancing is taking a long time, but there's also talk of the new dungeon coming.

And thanks,you probably didn't notice cause I change avatars a lot.

#10 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

13th

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

We will be undergoing a standard server maintenance November 13, at 2PM Server time (-8 UTC).

Wow! You guys must be really good! To be able to go back in time like that! Either that, or we are getting a really long advanced notice for next year. :P :heh:

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

13th has passed leo

Hehe, you're right, sorry, meant the 19th, corrected. :)

#13 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

The damage reduction nerf was necessary, since that skill alone proved to be far too good for its cost and intended value. You'll probably see some changes (buffs) to them with the coming knight update which is in december/january (at least planned for that time, I bet on january/february since they're behind schedule).

If you have any particular ideas knights, send me a private message on the forums here.

I completely agree with you that it was necessary. Just you know, feel bad for them still :).

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

I completely agree with you that it was necessary. Just you know, feel bad for them still :).

Yeah, I know knights aren't very favored right now. The big problem is just that the tanking support playstyle is not rewarded in PvP at all. They're a fine and highly demanded class for PvM, but I'm looking to make the knight feel more.. not exactly powerful, since they're actually hella powerful (particularly in 1v1), but more useful.

#15 EndlessDream25

EndlessDream25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

I love what they did ffor the bow scouts! As for the damage reductions, yea it was necessary i was testing it on pegasus. 30-50 prcnt damage reductions+rosatite cushion, trilliant=near unkillable

#16 1792608195

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:55 PM

Sorry, but as a knight player, I really dissapointed with the recent update. Damage reduction skill is now useless because it is only 10%... Degraded too far, from 50% to only 10%... Please re-consider about this. I think 50% damage reduction is still fair and not unbeatable, because the skill still has cooldown and the knight already low in damage, so this update will make knight unusable because it is not tanker anymore... About the rosasite cushion, champion can use it too, and damage redcution is not big enough, so it is still fair I think... Please re-consider about this update and my opinion too.. Thanks a lot.

#17 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

Sorry, but as a knight player, I really dissapointed with the recent update. Damage reduction skill is now useless because it is only 10%... Degraded too far, from 50% to only 10%... Please re-consider about this. I think 50% damage reduction is still fair and not unbeatable, because the skill still has cooldown and the knight already low in damage, so this update will make knight unusable because it is not tanker anymore... About the rosasite cushion, champion can use it too, and damage redcution is not big enough, so it is still fair I think... Please re-consider about this update and my opinion too.. Thanks a lot.

Unless they changed it again, it should be 20% on guard and shield spikes. Also, because both these skills give the same effect, you can use them one after another to permanently keep the effect up, there is no actual cooldown on it. 

If you have any concerns, go ahead and state them but the 50% reduction has to go. It yielded far too much for the low cost it had.

Edited by jerremy, 19 November 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#18 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:00 AM

I understand what you are trying to say but if you noticed there was a changed damage formula that is on the live servers right now which made all classes hit lower and an effect of this people with damage reductions got an exponentially higher benefit for this. People are saying everything is way too tanky and I agree because xbow scouts with only 30 percent reduction on live server had already become so tanky. If you go to war more than 7 people killin a knight and still cant take it down.  That reason alone needed to have a lil bit of compensation since all our damage got lowered. Second if you test on the live server pegasus. You would see that damage reduction NOW is able to reduce critical damage too. Normally other classes go for critcals as it is one of the knight's weakness. But seeing the damage formula reduces crit damage too, they were nearly unkillable in pegasus with the damage reduction on chest and the shield too. bringing it to 60 percent reduction which reduces crit now too. Not to mention they can use the skill forever. Those 2 reasons alone gives justice to the 20 percent in knight but that is to say theyre not the only class thats gonna be affected. Other classes that have enhanced damage will get balanced too and i dont know how they will go at it but theyre gonna make that enchant damage lower because of the axe type. If it still does bother you, knights will have a skill update too maybe on jan or feb which i belive will make the knight more of a utility class becoming better. Class balancing is always changing and whatever buff or nerf done to a class is never permanent.

Knights its 50-20

Xbows are 30-10

#19 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:03 AM

nothing concerning the op bc ?

#20 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

Block gets nerfed, lex - so yea bc gets a nerf through a changed dmage formula

#21 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

Block gets nerfed, lex - so yea bc gets a nerf through a changed dmage formula

I see , thank you for the clarification 

#22 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:17 PM

Finally scouts get some attention.

:thumb2:

ps: free skill reset for scouts after maintenance pls.

Edited by Gojio, 19 November 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#23 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

They changes are for pegasus only for now, still gotto wait a little longer :(

#24 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

Finally, knights will going to be nerfed, i love playing knights back in the days but the current state of Knights atm are to OP when you are talking about their tanky being. A fully geared w/  all the passive skills (Knight)  can even tank 3-5 buffed characters w/out any buffs at all which is not normal. +1 on this 1.

#25 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

a knight cant tank easly 5 mages .-. .... but ppl dont do strategys thats y they dont die easly, 1/2 mages can kill a knight easly if it haves teamwork (other classes stun clerics for a wile wile mages focus in knights than the rest focus in the clerics and BAM rest death, oh wait, also focus in protecting team cleric XD), knight is for be a physical atack tanky, soo yah, that damage reducion might be ultra overpower vs mages (they might lose 50% of them damage cuz dat skill) but even mages have lots of m.atack power + debuff lel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users