Server Maintenance November 19, 2PM (-8 UTC) - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance November 19, 2PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

well the run and nuke from afar works in some cases ( i do that too) but if youre up against a team of ranged chars (scouts and gunbourgs... predicting an increase in scout population after update) and your group has only 1 cleric, that strategy won't work.. they gonna kill you fast 

and mages gets high points from damage inflicted

#102 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

I cant win all the time and of course there are bad games but what I'm saying is I can still manage. If im on my bow scout i die quicker if there are other rangers. Its the same. If im a katar raider and theres a lot of aoe champs i die a lot too. Point is no matter what class, you will still always die if the enemy have anti classes for you. But if most of my enemies are champs and im on mage its a lucky day for me. Just hit or miss in your enemies and allies. Such is cd. Cant win most of the time but it depends on the player how well we can adapt. I just think of it as a challenge. Makes it more fun

Edited by zonyzony, 23 November 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#103 EndlessDream25

EndlessDream25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

I cant win all the time and of course there are bad games but what I'm saying is I can still manage. If im on my bow scout i die quicker if there are other rangers. Its the same. If im a katar raider and theres a lot of aoe champs i die a lot too. Point is no matter what class, you will still always die if the enemy have anti classes for you. But if most of my enemies are champs and im on mage its a lucky day for me. Just hit or miss in your enemies and allies. Such is cd. Cant win most of the time but it depends on the player how well we can adapt. I just think of it as a challenge. Makes it more fun

Wow, what a pro my faith in mage class is restored

I agree with you though playing mage is still decent even after the aural pierce. Its just that people always want to dish high damage and lack the skill now to play. They just go for the op classes out there. Axe get buffed, all play axe. Battle Clerics crazy everyone go bc. Endless cycle

Edited by EndlessDream25, 23 November 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#104 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

I am quite happy so far with the new formulas..they seem to work well

#105 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

It is time for me to permantly part with the cleric and champ. Based on the new equation and changes, the raider and scout will have a huge boost in critical and stacks while other classes would see a huge decrease in its defense, especially the knight and the cleric, which will see their defense cut in half or more. If a knight cannot tank, what good would a knight be? If the full support cleric cannot survive, why would it want to join war? I am not talking negative at all. I just speak the true, and I predict that we will have a massive shortage in full-supported cleric, when majority of players, who play full-supported cleric, either switch class or avoid joining war. Good luck with having war without cleric.

#106 EndlessDream25

EndlessDream25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

It is time for me to permantly part with the cleric and champ. Based on the new equation and changes, the raider and scout will have a huge boost in critical and stacks while other classes would see a huge decrease in its defense, especially the knight and the cleric, which will see their defense cut in half or more. If a knight cannot tank, what good would a knight be? If the full support cleric cannot survive, why would it want to join war? I am not talking negative at all. I just speak the true, and I predict that we will have a massive shortage in full-supported cleric, when majority of players, who play full-supported cleric, either switch class or avoid joining war. Good luck with having war without cleric.

I am going to copy what the other guy said in a post from mongetet:

"I understand what you are trying to say but if you noticed there was a changed damage formula that is on the live servers right now which made all classes hit lower and an effect of this people with damage reductions got an exponentially higher benefit for this. People are saying everything is way too tanky and I agree because xbow scouts with only 30 percent reduction on live server had already become so tanky. If you go to war more than 7 people killin a knight and still cant take it down.  That reason alone needed to have a lil bit of compensation since all our damage got lowered. Second if you test on the live server pegasus. You would see that damage reduction NOW is able to reduce critical damage too. Normally other classes go for critcals as it is one of the knight's weakness. But seeing the damage formula reduces crit damage too, they were nearly unkillable in pegasus with the damage reduction on chest and the shield too. bringing it to 60 percent reduction which reduces crit now too. Not to mention they can use the skill forever. Those 2 reasons alone gives justice to the 20 percent in knight but that is to say theyre not the only class thats gonna be affected. Other classes that have enhanced damage will get balanced too and i dont know how they will go at it but theyre gonna make that enchant damage lower because of the axe type. If it still does bother you, knights will have a skill update too maybe on jan or feb which i belive will make the knight more of a utility class becoming better. Class balancing is always changing and whatever buff or nerf done to a class is never permanent"

The damage formula in the live servers already got a damage reduce in all classes lol. and the valkyrie chant also reduced to 10 percent. Quit whining about bow scouts being stronger. I dont see artisans whining since theyre like one of the most useless class now. No attention given and also the cannon borgs. They got more right to whine. Lets just wait it out and see what happens

I can understand about the cleric. But why champs? seeing in the formula theyre still the same but axe became stronger because enchant damage multiplies the critical damage a lot. In fact im not even so sure maybe axe is even stronger then before because of enhance damage from berserk and has high critical chance

Edited by EndlessDream25, 23 November 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#107 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

i've been a mage for my whole rose life (10 yrs now maybe) and i do know what you are talking about.. but the point is i disagree with the nerf, with the anti mages getting a boost (scouts) wouldn't you want your mages to be better too? not nerfed? 

#108 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

i've been a mage for my whole rose life (10 yrs now maybe) and i do know what you are talking about.. but the point is i disagree with the nerf, with the anti mages getting a boost (scouts) wouldn't you want your mages to be better too? not nerfed? 

Thats why I said it doesnt mean i agree with the nerf. I dont want the nerf but if its gonna happen im just saying i can manage too. No one likes a nerf XD If possible i want them to make the dodge of mages higher from wind passives hehe but whatever happens ill stick by with my mage

#109 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

by saying that you can "manage" the nerf then there will be a high possibility that a nerf will likely happen... its either you agree or disagree with the changes.... this is a good time to voice out that you disagree because its still in pegasus... don't be on the fence about it

#110 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

I just dont like to sound like a whiny person because it makes me the same like the other people i hate only playing to win and not sticking about his class. I love mages even theyre weak. Thats why im on the fence, if other people thinks mages are weak, if you shine more the more they will ackowledge you. If mage is strong and u play good. They will just say its op. do u get my point? I want to be the underdog where other people doesnt expect much but if u play good theyre worship you. somethin like that. So either way im down for it

#111 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

its not whining though.. thats why its in the testing stage so you can still suggest about them

#112 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

Pegasus has been switched over to fairly recent Leonis data.

A patch is being put together.

Please be aware that this latest build has some changes to the defense formula, in how it calculates damage reduction as well as a storage feature we're testing somewhat internally. While you should not (hopefully) notice any issues with storage through normal means, please let me know if you encounter any issues with using your storage.

The quick question over what was changed with the defense formula, was the scale was shifted so the values don't ramp up in reduction as quickly, resulting in a reduction in the damage reduction scale per defense value. This is purely a test at this stage and feedback would be appreciated.

I will admit, it is not close to what I would like to see, but we wanted to give it a rough test just to see how dramatic a difference it would be based on how some numbers looked on paper.

#113 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

links for pegasus downloads pls

#114 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

http://forums.warppo...-pegasus-today/

#115 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Look in this guide. ;)

http://forums.warppo...1-welcome-back/

#116 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

So I tried pegasus, what concerns me is

The drastic reduction in defense. I think this is a no no

live server 6.225k def-  71.59 prcnt reduction

Pegasus 6.225k def-  36.53

If the defence are like that. All will die in aoes lol.. And classes that have charm def down will reduce damage reduction to what? 20 prcnt reduction. I think the defense mechanics on live server is good already since u guys fixed the blocking, damage reduction etc in pegasus. Keep the changes in damage reduction blocking etc. But dont change the defense mechanics. All will be paper

Ok I tried champs berserk. We are without buffs. Hitting a fellow champ with 5259 defence. HAVE damage reduce on chest/feet

Enraged berserk is ridicuous. Btw im using SPEAR and not axe. but I went for full crit to see the crit damage on new formula

(ap of spear champ testing crit is 1945+575)

( NO enraged berserk ) I used my strongest skill longinus strike- 255+205 skill power. My crit on him is 3326

( With Enraged berserk ) I used longinus crit on him is 5662.

This is a spear wearing all melee ap gem. no enchant damage gems. and my crit damage is 50 percent only.

What more if its an axe with enchant damage gems. Stat buffs and 100 prcnt crit damage w/ enraged berserk. LOL

Again this test is without any buffs. If this was in stat buffs and with an axe maybe the damage might reach 10k/crit

There is still the problem of enraged berserk being too strong if it crits.. And the reduction in defence of all classes aint helping. Maybe change the berserk to ap + x. instead of enchant damage? Ofcourse the value of x in ap should have the same output as a 60 prcnt berserk. but since its ap, it doesnt affect the crit damage. That way u can control axe champ's damage in this new formula

Edited by mongetet, 25 November 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#117 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

Knights will be ruined

#118 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Knights will be ruined

As of now in pegasus, all classes are ruined because all their defences got cut in half. but leo said he doesnt intend this to happen and just wants feedback from this change.

#119 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

The Pegasus, right now, is just an empty Junon. There is no IM reset, no free honor, nor valor points. There is also no king nor royal medal. You cannot even reset your skills nor stat. You can only use what you have on your characters. All of your teleport ticket in your account are gone, so you have to drive or run back from wherever you were.

However, based on what I saw, it will not be pleasant for both the cleric and knight. By now most of you would notice that even in Leonis or Dragonic server, the attack power and the defense power of your class(es) are reduced significantly (by about 10-15 % of its original). If you think that would be it, you are wrong, It gets worse, a lot worse.

The knight will lose another half of it block physical and block magical. Worse, the damage reduction skills are lowered by 60%. In other words, with the new changes, your knight will be 2/5 of its original.

As for the cleric, the cleric will lose an additional 15% of it block percent (on top of the lost in defense). Worst, it's physical block and magic block will also lose around 50% of its value.

The raider, in the hand, will have 66% of the defense of the cleric (with glorious) and around 75% of the defense of the cleric (with the Chiva). It also has 3-4 time as much dodge as the cleric. The critical does not change much, but the critical damage seems to have a a large boost.

In Battle, the raider can kill the cleric within 5 seconds if the cleric cannot heal nor use the Salamender. However, when the cleric has 4 Salamender, it took the raider, up to 35 or 40 seconds to kill the cleric. In war, when the cleric is usually be attacked by more than 2 raiders. The estimate time of survival for the cleric will be somewhere between 10 to 20 seconds. That is not including the possibility that all of the flame will be destroyed in seconds, and the possibility of the being slept and stunned by the raider(s) and other classes.

Conclusion, the cleric is too weak. I will ditch the cleric. Who would be crazy enough to care about the full support cleric, right? The cleric died too fast during the test, and it would/should die even faster in war.

Edited by ChampPower, 25 November 2014 - 02:38 AM.

#120 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Knights will be ruined

I pity the knight, too. It is reduced to 2/5 or lower of its original power. A knight, but cannot tank. Pity.

#121 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

The Pegasus, right now, is just an empty Junon. There is no IM reset, no free honor, nor valor points. There is also no king nor royal medal. You cannot even reset your skills nor stat. You can only use what you have on your characters. All of your teleport ticket in your account are gone, so you have to drive or run back from wherever you were.

However, based on what I saw, it will not be pleasant for both the cleric and knight. By now most of you would notice that even in Leonis or Dragonic server, the attack power and the defense power of your class(es) are reduced significantly (by about 10-15 % of its original). If you think that would be it, you are wrong, It gets worse, a lot worse.

The knight will lose another half of it block physical and block magical. Worse, the damage reduction skills are lowered by 60%. In other words, with the new changes, your knight will be 2/5 of its original.

As for the cleric, the cleric will lose an additional 15% of it block percent (on top of the lost in defense). Worst, it's physical block and magic block will also lose around 50% of its value.

The raider, in the hand, will have 66% of the defense of the cleric (with glorious) and around 75% of the defense of the cleric (with the Chiva). It also has 3-4 time as much dodge as the cleric. The critical does not change much, but the critical damage seems to have a a large boost.

In Battle, the raider can kill the cleric within 5 seconds if the cleric cannot heal nor use the Salamender. However, when the cleric has 4 Salamender, it took the raider, up to 35 or 40 seconds to kill the cleric. In war, when the cleric is usually be attacked by more than 2 raiders. The estimate time of survival for the cleric will be somewhere between 10 to 20 seconds. That is not including the possibility that all of the flame will be destroyed in seconds, and the possibility of the being slept and stunned by the raider(s) and other classes.

Conclusion, the cleric is too weak. I will ditch the cleric. Who would be crazy enough to care about the full support cleric, right? The cleric died too fast during the test, and it would/should die even faster in war.

Pardon me but I will have to answer some points you made. Some points are off the mark

- Only the attack power have been reduced in the original server. Defense are still the same in the live server thats why a simple xbow scout is already so tanky and so are the knights on live server

- I dont have any knight to test on pegasus so nothing here. But like i said if you tested on pegasus before. The time knights were still 50 percent damage reduction and have rosatite cushion and rosatite trilliant making it 60 percent. They were unkillable. because damage reduction REDUCES crit damage now in the new formula. Not to mention you can keep the damage reduction of knights forever. The only reason why this is worst on pegasus because defences of all classes were cut in half which shouldnt be in the first place.

As a reference if you have 6225  def on live server its  71.59 prcnnt reduction. On pegasus right now 6225 def is 36.53 percent. ALL CLASSES GOT THEIR DEFENCE REDUCED ON PEGASUS right now. Not just knights or battle clerics. Leo said this will change. he stated that. If the knights became paper, other classes became cotton. (needs to be fixed)

- physical block will not lose 50 prcnt of the value.

Live server physical block 1052

Pegasus physical block 712

I'd say that is not 50 percent. But it is true that the 15 prcnt of the block will be gone in pegasus. The reason for this reduction speaks for itself. If you on the live server and if you have a good cleric. I can name some clerics who can do this. These clerics can tank katar raiders on stat buffs even when the cleric is unbuffed. Because on the live server all damage got reduced. The reason why theyre changing some defensive properties of the tank types is because of reduction in ap in live servers. It needs to be compensated in the first place

- Judging by this i already know you hate raiders and bow scouts. No point for discussion in this. Your posts on other topics also proves this so i'm not really gonna ponder much into this.

The changes done to the tank types is to compensate for the reduction of all damage in live server. If you log in on pegasus right now you will see that its much worst. it is true BECAUSE ALL THE DEFENCES OF THE CLASS GOT REDUCED TO HALF. not just knights or cleric and this isnt permanent.

Edited by mongetet, 25 November 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#122 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:09 AM

Pardon me but I will have to answer some points you made. Some points are off the mark

- Only the attack power have been reduced in the original server. Defense are still the same in the live server thats why a simple xbow scout is already so tanky and so are the knights on live server

- I dont have any knight to test on pegasus so nothing here. But like i said if you tested on pegasus before. The time knights were still 50 percent damage reduction and have rosatite cushion and rosatite trilliant making it 60 percent. They were unkillable. because damage reduction REDUCES crit damage now in the new formula. Not to mention you can keep the damage reduction of knights forever. The only reason why this is worst on pegasus because defences of all classes were cut in half which shouldnt be in the first place.

As a reference if you have 6225 def on live server its 71.59 prcnnt reduction. On pegasus right now 6225 def is 36.53 percent. ALL CLASSES GOT THEIR DEFENCE REDUCED ON PEGASUS right now. Not just knights or battle clerics. Leo said this will change. he stated that. If the knights became paper, other classes became cotton. (needs to be fixed)

I'd say that is not 50 percent. But it is true that the 15 prcnt of the block will be gone in pegasus. The reason for this reduction speaks for itself. If you on the live server and if you have a good cleric. I can name some clerics who can do this. These clerics can tank katar raiders on stat buffs even when the cleric is unbuffed. Because on the live server all damage got reduced. The reason why theyre changing some defensive properties of the tank types is because of reduction in ap in live servers. It needs to be compensated in the first place

- Judging by this i already know you hate raiders and bow scouts. No point for discussion in this. Your posts on other topics also proves this so i'm not really gonna ponder much into this.

The changes done to the tank types is to compensate for the reduction of all damage in live server. If you log in on pegasus right now you will see that its much worst. it is true BECAUSE ALL THE DEFENCES OF THE CLASS GOT REDUCED TO HALF. not just knights or cleric and this isnt permanent.

Oh, no. I love the raider because I will switch from the FS cleric to raider. There is no point to hate what you play (even when you are forced into it), right? Why do I even bother with the cleric when everyone seems to hate it and want to destroy that class? So rather than waiting for the destruction of the cleric class, I would simply leave and let the cleric class dies.

#123 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:16 AM

Oh, no. I love the raider because I will switch from the FS cleric to raider. There is no point to hate what you play (even when you are forced into it), right? Why do I even bother with the cleric when everyone seems to hate it and want to destroy that class? So rather than waiting for the destruction of the cleric class, I would simply leave and let the cleric class dies.

Which all the more proves you like switching to a class that is good in your opinion. I dont know maybe if you really like the cleric class, maybe try sticking to it and prove that even if they are underpowered in your eyes you can prove to others you can still excel the most. Break the cycle of other people only playing the good classes. If you can be a role model, all will follow. But of course its still your choice so I cant stop you from playing your raider. I wish you good luck in that class as it seemed so strong based on the way you describe it. Like i said before no matter what buff or nerf to a class, nothing is permanent as the only constant is change

#124 EndlessDream25

EndlessDream25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

As a reference if you have 6225  def on live server its  71.59 prcnnt reduction. On pegasus right now 6225 def is 36.53 percent. ALL CLASSES GOT THEIR DEFENCE REDUCED ON PEGASUS right now. Not just knights or battle clerics. Leo said this will change. he stated that. If the knights became paper, other classes became cotton. (needs to be fixed)

Wow you sure know your stuff mongetet. Why are you not in the class representatives? I hope they fix that change in the defense on pegasus  its so annoying. I die so fast

#125 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

Wow you sure know your stuff mongetet. Why are you not in the class representatives? I hope they fix that change in the defense on pegasus  its so annoying. I die so fast

Cause he didn't play back when those reps were decided (or just started, according to his forum profile at least). 

Already made a post about it in the rep section of the forums, and with how many people (don't) support this defense change it'll probably get scrapped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users