Seeking help, haven't played in years - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Seeking help, haven't played in years

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miggle

Miggle

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

I used to play Ragnarok constantly and have recently wanted to start playing again, When I go into "support" and try to log in with my current email/nickname it won't let me log in, does anyone know why?

and also I made this new account with the same email I used for my other previous account years ago and it brought up a few of my old accounts, I tried various passwords and none of them worked, so I went in to the "have you forgot your password?" section, and typed in all the information, The email I used to make the account on warp portal along with my birthday and the other various requirements, I tried to submit it and every time I did it said I was missing something or something wrong, to my knowledge nothing was wrong, So i figured it was the weird captcha (are you a human?) thing that was wrong, so I refreshed it and tried it again and again until it kicked me out for a short period of time.

I have no idea what I was missing because the email was accurate, my account name was accurate, along with my birthday and the other things. So basically I'm screwed, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what my problem might be?

If no one can help maybe a mod could help me if they're not busy. I'd really like to play again and I'm basically stuck between a rock and a hard place at this point, any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance

Oh and I'm not even sure if this is the proper place to post this it was the only sub forum that sounded like it was connected to help sorry if this is way off.

Oh and I heard someone say something about a ticket so I tried that, and I cannot log into the support section at all once again, I tried this account's name/email, and its nickname and nothings working, Any help would be amazing

I'd also like to mention that I played on the chaos server a long time ago when there wasn't a free to play section. My dads old credit card information might still be in the system to, and my characters might have been deleted or something, I'm not sure, I just really wanna play again >.<

Edited by Miggle, 14 November 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

I used to play Ragnarok constantly and have recently wanted to start playing again, When I go into "support" and try to log in with my current email/nickname it won't let me log in, does anyone know why?

The Support site is separate from WarpPortal so when you create a WP account, it won't generate a Support account for you. You'll have to register for a Support account to track your tickets.

and also I made this new account with the same email I used for my other previous account years ago and it brought up a few of my old accounts, I tried various passwords and none of them worked, so I went in to the "have you forgot your password?" section, and typed in all the information, The email I used to make the account on warp portal along with my birthday and the other various requirements, I tried to submit it and every time I did it said I was missing something or something wrong, to my knowledge nothing was wrong, So i figured it was the weird captcha (are you a human?) thing that was wrong, so I refreshed it and tried it again and again until it kicked me out for a short period of time.

If the RO accounts have not been binded yet, then the password will be sent to the emails that were registered with those accounts. However, since you were able to bring up all the accounts with the email you registered your WP account with, it SHOULD send the reset to your email. Did you check your spam folder?

If you still haven't received anything, then submit a ticket and check in on the Support site for responses. (Don't rely on email responses.)

I'd also like to mention that I played on the chaos server a long time ago when there wasn't a free to play section. My dads old credit card information might still be in the system to, and my characters might have been deleted or something, I'm not sure, I just really wanna play again >.<

Gravity Interactive never had and never will retain credit card information in their systems. (Too risky and they don't have good enough security to keep it protected.) In addition, they NEVER delete characters so your characters should all still be on the server. Iris, Loki, and Chaos all got merged into Ymir so that's where you'll find them. If you've only played on Chaos, then all your stuff is safe and ready for you on Ymir.

Just be aware that your very first payment on the WarpPortal system will be sent through verification in order to make sure you aren't committing fraud or anything (it won't get processed). Doesn't matter if you've paid your account before, you'll still have to be verified like everyone else.

Wait a couple of hours or so after you submit your payment through verification (because they won't send you a verification email) and then try the same payment through again. If it goes through, you're good to go.

#3 Miggle

Miggle

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

The Support site is separate from WarpPortal so when you create a WP account, it won't generate a Support account for you. You'll have to register for a Support account to track your tickets.

If the RO accounts have not been binded yet, then the password will be sent to the emails that were registered with those accounts. However, since you were able to bring up all the accounts with the email you registered your WP account with, it SHOULD send the reset to your email. Did you check your spam folder?

If you still haven't received anything, then submit a ticket and check in on the Support site for responses. (Don't rely on email responses.)

Gravity Interactive never had and never will retain credit card information in their systems. (Too risky and they don't have good enough security to keep it protected.) In addition, they NEVER delete characters so your characters should all still be on the server. Iris, Loki, and Chaos all got merged into Ymir so that's where you'll find them. If you've only played on Chaos, then all your stuff is safe and ready for you on Ymir.

Just be aware that your very first payment on the WarpPortal system will be sent through verification in order to make sure you aren't committing fraud or anything (it won't get processed). Doesn't matter if you've paid your account before, you'll still have to be verified like everyone else.

Wait a couple of hours or so after you submit your payment through verification (because they won't send you a verification email) and then try the same payment through again. If it goes through, you're good to go.

Thanks for the reply, I'll write all that down so I don't forget it lol

The only thing I seem to be having a problem with at this point is the "Forgot your password" thing, I entered all my information and submitted it but every time I did It said something was wrong so It never sent it to my email, I tried reentering everything several times until it kicked me out temporarily. Since I Checked everything and reentered it multiple times I have no idea what is wrong, I submitted a ticket and what not but was just wondering if there's anything I could do sooner then 5 days when the GM's reply to my ticket :/

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

The only thing I seem to be having a problem with at this point is the "Forgot your password" thing, I entered all my information and submitted it but every time I did It said something was wrong so It never sent it to my email, I tried reentering everything several times until it kicked me out temporarily. Since I Checked everything and reentered it multiple times I have no idea what is wrong, I submitted a ticket and what not but was just wondering if there's anything I could do sooner then 5 days when the GM's reply to my ticket :/

Are you accessing the site with Internet Explorer? People tend to run into more problems when using other browsers.

If you are using IE to access the site, then yes, add onto your ticket (with the reply button) that you can't get the password resets if you didn't mention it yet.

For future reference, always respond to that same ticket and don't make multiple tickets in a short period. Making multiple tickets will create a backlog for GMs.

#5 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

If you've already bound your game account to your warp portal account, then your game account info (birthdate, email, etc.) will have been updated with the info from the warp portal account. Try using that info when filling out the "Forgot your password" form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users