[Renewal] 175/60 Update: Critical Concerns - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] 175/60 Update: Critical Concerns

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Any awesome boost for Warlocks? As in, awesome sura-like RK-like boosts? <_<

#152 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Oh yea I saw this. Well... looks like we'll be using Soul Expansion from now on...

#153 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

Thanks to that boost Warlocks are one of the fastest characters to finish Geffen magic tournament, and also the most preferred class to use.

#154 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

I don't get why he's allowed to spam a 600k damage skill that fast. I thought renewal introduced fixed cast times and skill-specific cooldowns so that this sort of gameplay wouldn't happen. Its fricken ridiculous and takes the challenge and variety out of the game. You just spam hadouken over and over until you win, instead of having to combo and exploit weaknesses.

#155 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

Soul expansion is a completely variable skill, with no cooldowns and no aftercast delay, and recieves a boost in damage from said new buff skill. The warlock is indeed taking complete advantage of the weakness: Fenrir is weak to Ghost elemental attacks. If anything this is the way Warlocks should be played, complete magic dominance without really breaking a sweat, we just dont expect that to ever happen in a WoE of PVP situation much. Not like hes not using any combo's or tactics per say, there is the quagmire and the firewall but what else can a warlock do against a boss protocol monster that isnt blocked by boss protocol's "impervious"? Also this warlock as I recall was the first warlock to get the MvP card that increases ghost damage by 100%, to say he shouldnt be allowed to spam 600k damage Soul Expansion's would be kind of an understatement, he earned his MvP card so this is a just reward.

Edited by Marty5337, 07 December 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#156 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

So without that, it'd be 300k soul expansions. Probably like 100-120k without the Runaway Magic proc.

On Sakray, Soul Expansion has like a 0.5 second global cooldown. I don't remember the live version having that.

#157 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think that's Kiel/High Wizard/FBH card setting. Elvia card for both RWC. 

Edited by CharAznable, 07 December 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#158 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Afaik Hwiz card doesn't work on bosses. You'd have to use vespers to ignore boss mdef.

#159 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Probally Goldie(soloed her atleast 6 times). I killed Moonlight Flowers, Orc Heros, Phreeoni(wasn't a fun fight at the time I decided to fight it, my DEX stat sucked at the time).

Lady Tanae is on my hit list now for invading my space, so as soon as I find time, I'll have to slice, and dice her, in that dungeon that probally no one goes to anymore(lmao, not many people ever went there in general as is, It's probally a ghost town now lol, pun not intended), It's gonna be laughably easy, better drop your card Tanae, for making me waste my time to teach you a lesson.

Are you forreal? thats just some low tier MVPs -__-. Even my -_-ty level 90 Knight can kill Goldie, and Phree.. i was expecting some mid-tier mvps /sob

Edited by AeroKrauger, 07 December 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#160 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:43 PM

Afaik Hwiz card doesn't work on bosses. You'd have to use vespers to ignore boss mdef.

Well thats the gear he listed on kRO forum. Idk if Magic tornament monsters are boss property.

#161 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

Soul expansion is a completely variable skill, with no cooldowns and no aftercast delay, and recieves a boost in damage from said new buff skill. The warlock is indeed taking complete advantage of the weakness: Fenrir is weak to Ghost elemental attacks. If anything this is the way Warlocks should be played, complete magic dominance without really breaking a sweat, we just dont expect that to ever happen in a WoE of PVP situation much. Not like hes not using any combo's or tactics per say, there is the quagmire and the firewall but what else can a warlock do against a boss protocol monster that isnt blocked by boss protocol's "impervious"? Also this warlock as I recall was the first warlock to get the MvP card that increases ghost damage by 100%, to say he shouldnt be allowed to spam 600k damage Soul Expansion's would be kind of an understatement, he earned his MvP card so this is a just reward.

Now let's see those heavily MVP-carded-geared players who don't want the MVP cards to be disabled in certain environment using the same reason with this one if they agree with this statement or not :gg:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users