Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

i think that result is an anomaly. not that it's uber hard to reproduce. the skill works as i described. i cannot argue with the fact that his friend appeared to get a 2nd hit from deadly bomb. but consider that the hit came after the icon had already disappeared and it exploded once. i think it's lag. perhaps the game didnt realize it had already blown up, and blew it up again. i dunno. but i just tested it again with deadly bomb lvl 1 on mobs outside trifi, and after about 15mins of constant deadly bomb use, i finally reproduced the double explosion bit. the video is gonna take a while to upload. i'll provide a link when i do. you can see the mob gets hit by it 10x or slt, and only the very last deadly bomb cast results in what does appear to be the same double hit that your vid from nova lux showed.

#27 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

mb, double hit is a crit? try it doing it on some other player maybe works different in pvp

#28 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

well.. i can try it as many times as you want.. it's been like that since forever.. make a toon on lintra make sure it has more then 650 hp and i'm 100% you that every time that skill will take all your hp

#29 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

well.. i can try it as many times as you want.. it's been like that since forever.. make a toon on lintra make sure it has more then 650 hp and i'm 100% you that every time that skill will take all your hp

what level is your deadly bomb and how many times did you try it?

#30 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

what level is your deadly bomb and how many times did you try it?

it's lvl 5.. and tried it twice.. once to see how it works.. second time to fraps it

#31 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

it's lvl 5.. and tried it twice.. once to see how it works.. second time to fraps it

i'll provide another vid soon as it's done uploading. it's of me jumping around and deadly bombing some junk mob using no other attacks and my DB is lvl 1. I had tested previously on a dozen other mobs, multiple times each, and this was the first instance in which it did do what appears to be a second tick. If you check the requiem wiki it indicates it only deals damage once. If it does do two ticks per cast, reliably, at levels above level one, then that indicates a change in how this skill functions as far as I know. Way way way long time ago, it used to blow up every 2 seconds for 10s duration, but then it changed to a one time explosion, with that phantom animation on cast that does look explodey but caused no dmg.

anyway, link or vid coming. again, after about 30 or 40 casts of deadly bomb, on a couple different mob types, at level 1, I only got that 2nd explosion one single time. I'd be curious to know what other people observe now with deadly bomb, at various levels, and if it is causing damage more than once at levels above lvl 1, then someone might want to determine what lvl it occurs at, and update the wiki.

#32 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

you'll need a higher lvl defiler that actualy took the deadly bomb as a skill and maxed it out or something

#33 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

you'll need a higher lvl defiler that actualy took the deadly bomb as a skill and maxed it out or something

well, here's my result. and again, it was the same for me on a couple handfuls of boars and hammerinas before this mob in this vid. This one vid alone was 1.8 GB raw. considering beta testing ended like two years ago, I , sir, am done, lol. Anyone else wanna test this out and report their findings maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDpRHnzQMuM

#34 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

you missed something in the vid.. you can see the additional damage there..

look at the damage you first did.. and see how much of the boars hp goes down when you throw the second bomb.. :rolleyes:

#35 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

you missed something in the vid.. you can see the additional damage there..look at the damage you first did.. and see how much of the boars hp goes down when you throw the second bomb.. :rolleyes:

yea i saw the same thing and chalked it up to maybe the hp bar of the mob extended a bit further to the right than the green bit you see, but it's not that. it is as you say it's doing like double damage on the first tic. Here's where it gets somewhat more interesting. I have been testing since last post on similar mobs around same area. From what I observed, every time the spell is initially cast, it does that double damage on the very first tic, but typically not afterwards (typically as in like 90%-ish of the time or so, only one tic for 185 dmg and no additional extra dmg later). Now, the spell is counted as a DOT so the dmg doesnt show up in combat log, but it does show in numbers over the mob. There was never a number to denote any dmg larger than the smaller tics of 185 that showed later. This first tic also showed 185 dmg but did indeed, as you noted, drop the HP of the mob more than that number indicates.

Upshot, imho: the reason for you that it;s 100% reproducible is that you have a high lvl of deadly bomb, coupled with the fact that your friend has low enough HP to die on that first, bugged, double tick.

I did additional testing and found sometimes with multiple mobs, DB would do a double tic on one mob, but not on others that got splash dmg from the exact same cast. Overall, for me, it was only one tick, with the exception of the first tic on the mob i directly targetted, which was always that 2x expected damage. And ofc, that one boar that got a double tic on that last time i casted DB on it.

It's bugged.

#36 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Well guys, here is my exp with deadly bomb

1- No, it never crits, ever

2- I tested long enough and i found that it allways dmg twice, at least for me. The problem is the second dmg is not shown. When you hit some1 with the bomb it does nothig, 5 secs later BOOOOOM you see the green numbers and the hp drops, and some 5 oters secs later the hp goes down again, but you see no green number.

Dont it ever happened to you that you are about to cast arrow of ruin on a group of mobs and then out of nothing your targuet dies before you cast and then the others mobs kill you?? Well..... thank deadly bomb for that!!!

Ive tested a lot and thats the conclusions i got.
Feel free to -_- my post, i almost never read after exept in marketplace :D

Best of Luck, Dess

#37 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

I noticed this a long time ago, I think it is simply the DNA kicking in late. Which is retarded as hell because mobs will still attack u and u cant attack because they are "dead". Or you are dead simply because DNA kicked in late.

Edited by Syre, 07 August 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#38 Krimmy

Krimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRl'yeh
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hits once. I used it with points til 68, still use it lvl 1 if i'm spamming and bored.

#39 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

I tested it on a warlord and we took hp counts. Sometimes it hit him for the 914 dmg that it reads out. Other times It would hit for almost double, yes in two ticks. Some rare occasions the damage was even a bit off, say hitting 8XX instead of the exact 914.

I think this makes the skill great for not only pvp but raids aswell. I've been maxing mine and have/will be maxing its DNA aswell.

Edited by Syre, 11 August 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#40 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

mb for pvp its good but for pve/raids its meh.

bisk/rh have not that great resist with elem buff i hit like 1.4k with temp or sth like that and u cant use deadly bomb on tyrant can u?

#41 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

mb for pvp its good but for pve/raids its meh.

bisk/rh have not that great resist with elem buff i hit like 1.4k with temp or sth like that and u cant use deadly bomb on tyrant can u?

Yes I used it on tyrant and hitting 2k on raid bosses doesn't sound bad to me. I think i crit biskra 1.2 or so on nukes. I may have been ele buffed.
Persoanlly I max arrow of ruin and deadly bomb. Casting Bomb then ruin is a great killer. Very nice spike damage.

#42 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

Yes I used it on tyrant and hitting 2k on raid bosses doesn't sound bad to me. I think i crit biskra 1.2 or so on nukes. I may have been ele buffed.
Persoanlly I max arrow of ruin and deadly bomb. Casting Bomb then ruin is a great killer. Very nice spike damage.

2k per? 10 seconds?

#43 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:50 AM

2k per? 10 seconds?

I think cd is 15 seconds or so. Its good in raids, pve, and pvp regardless.

#44 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:53 AM

I think cd is 15 seconds or so. Its good in raids, pve, and pvp regardless.

i meant how long it takes to dmg?

5 sec for first tick and if u lucky another 5 sec for 2nd one?

u might as well cast 2 or 3 aoes in that time = more dmg

only good use is in pvp imo cos with aoes u will hit about 700 on capped res people so deadly bomb is neat cos its like aoe crit

#45 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

it's a 30m range attack that ignores resitances. tyrant. /thread

#46 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:56 AM

Im not sure on timing, it goes off by the time they are hit with ruin which has 1 or 1.5 sec cast time. If you've already casted your aoes then you must use other skills right

#47 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

u might as well cast 2 or 3 aoes in that time = more dmg

all other aoes usually are already on cd when you do the deadly bomb

#48 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

I use it when I'm soloing alban pd on miners as insurance - Terms of Service, df, bs, bomb, AoR (if not dead bomb kicks in) dead.

Edited by XRay, 11 August 2010 - 01:59 AM.

#49 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

:) i guess so, with tempest only having 3 aoes (only 2 usable at raids like rh/bisk) i have downtime, but i didnt think defis would have so much downtime :/ i guess cast it whenever everything else is on cd

edit: so only real aoes defi has is df and bs? :/

Edited by Famous, 11 August 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#50 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

off top I believe aoe cd is 24 and 27/29. In that time you can put in your 3 nuke combo(BA + RN + BA) then use the ranged aoe. or the other way around if not raid boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users