Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

winterhunt600.jpg

Winter Hunt

Tuesdays in December

Join fellow players in fighting monsters that have entered the safe zones and reap the benefits! Look for the call to action by RO2’s Community Manager in public chat & join in the fight against a variety of monsters in various city locations.

On select Tuesdays in December (The 9th, 16th, and 23rd) watch for in game announcements and locations in public chat for news of where the monster spawns are happening in the cities in Rune-Midgarts! Spawns will occur sporadically between the hours of 10am and 7pm PST on both servers.

Come prepared and ready to defend the cities of RO2! 

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Will they be dropping neat prizes or are you guys just randomly killing A-_- and wasting their MP again?

Actual Suggestion: Don't spawn them on Kafra respawn points, people take time out of their lives to earn MP, and wouldn't appreciate being robbed.

#3 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Will they be dropping neat prizes or are you guys just randomly killing A-_- and wasting their MP again?

Actual Suggestion: Don't spawn them on Kafra respawn points, people take time out of their lives to earn MP, and wouldn't appreciate being robbed.

This PLEASEEEE~~~

I'm terrified I will login on tuesday to armaggedon in prontera and endless death trap loops of doom.

#4 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

Or maybe just restrict this to a few channels and state which ones.

I recall when we had Alberta swarming with Drakes it was only on a few select channels so players that couldn't do battle would be safe from it.

#5 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

So, after reading CM Maridah's comment and Arbalist's live report in pub chat i can see that ...

* They're always bosses, and they scale on difficulty after each wave (or a few waves).

* We don't get any warning about when we'll face an enemy too strong for us.

* If you lag they might kill you before you even realize you're already at the spot.

* They have aoes, so even with hide you can die.

* The drops are nothing spectacular, considering the time it takes to kill them.

* Keep Divine Protection at hand, you'll surely need it.

If you're entering for the first time to prontera, with all the quests you have in the castle... Avoid the channel where the mobs are being summoned.

When Maridah said she had picked spots where you have to go out of your way, I actually thought it would be a place where no innocent newbie would have a reason to walk by.

If you want to be safe with this event, be ML20 or ML30 with nice gear: http://prntscr.com/5f1obi

Edited by faku1810, 09 December 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Expectations are low, but suggestion to make future boss hunts more relevant:

Do summon these:
-Bosses from Guild Vault and Greedy Mines. These bosses are more already adjusted to the current max levels and 90% of the population have and will never see outside of events. They drop useful items at all levels and makes events like this worth doing.
-Osiris is good for lower levels (Drops large bags and cards)
-Ratmaster/Maya (Completes Quests and gear for pre-ML players)
-Aromine, Lamort, Assassin Elder, Lapparman (Good DNA)
-Chaos Dungeon bosses (Greenseeds will automatically go into your inventory, fairness for those who participate). Except maybe Shark Drake..he's a laggy jerk.

Average Bosses that are challenging enough with slightly relevant drops:
-DWF bosses (chance for recipes, and to complete quests)
-AS/SC/HC bosses (low, low, low, low chance of dropping Cazar gear. Did I mention low?) Though these will definitely 100% kill off any non ML 30's

Don't summon these if the attraction is that we can loot the bosses:
-Himmelmez's Dragon (no drop table, waste of time)
-Huge Kurorings (not really even a boss)
-Sohees

Inherent problems in boss summons are that:
-First hit always gets loots, so only one party gets anything unless we all join the same raid
-Low level deaths should be rewarded/compensated with Blue Spinels at the very least
-There was a level 17 trying to do her quests, and you killed her. I had to resurrect her so she could finish. Castle is not a good place to summon.
-GMs can't track who participated so they can't exactly properly/fairly send out temporary storage awards either.

Edited by Arbalist, 09 December 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#7 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

I am going to toss in my 2 cents worth here too.  

So I watched this entire thing unfold...and I could easily see why it didn't go so well.  First of all you guys made a big fuss over events that the community could participate in.   But then you have an event that only a small percentage of the community could do.  People showed up and died because they weren't able to do it from being too low level and a lack of information ahead of time.  People are already upset over senseless MLP loss...events shouldn't contribute to that frustration.  Events should be an alleviation of frustration and the sheer boredom of grinding. I feel I am qualified to make the following observations because I did event planning for a site long ago.  So here goes;

If you want to have community events, then make them equally doable by the entire community if they so choose to participate.  Making people feel left out in this way is a sure way to drive them away from the site.  Events are a chance for people to feel included.

Now I also noticed a lot of resentment and bitterness being thrown back at you over this.  I fully understand how difficult that must be to take.  However, I do think perhaps coming in with a different attitude might go farther to alleviate that from happening.  

There was no excitement build.  No enthusiasm on the part of the staff.  The feeling I got was that it was kind of an imposition for you to be there Maridah.  RO2 is a game...a game.  Games are meant to be played for fun.  FUN.  <----I want to really stress that point.   Build up that fun factor if you are going to have an event.  Even if you dislike us or are apathetic to us as a community...pretend.  Pretend you are happy to see us, you like us and you want to do this for us.  That is why other people who have been in your shoes merited excitement when they showed up.  Although I do think their affection for us was genuine as was ours for them because they inspired us to feel that way.

Start off with Hey there RO2 are you guys ready to have some fun!  Something along those lines.  Show enthusiasm.  All I saw was "Freyja did it better."  You said that a couple times.  Trust me that didn't inspire anyone to want to try harder.  

Please keep in mind that no one has to play a game.  We come because we like the game, we like the people, we want to have fun and a little escape from the dreary outside world for a hour or two.  As CM, you need to promote and perpetuate that.  It's amazing how that can inspire people to keep playing...and if you really do it right and put forth an effort, it will inspire them to love you like they did previous CMs.  But if you do it wrong, they simply log off and go elsewhere.

Now I do want to end this on a positive note.  So...thank you for taking time to do an event.  I am sure I will participate in future ones because I do believe that you have it in you to make something wonderful, find your niche and work with that. :p_laugh:

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

Did you forget to do this one today? I wanted to see if any of our feedback made an influence. Unless it was done before 1pm or exclusively on Freyja, then nevermind.

#9 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

I was not in the office for a chunk of the day, so yesterday's event was cut (as will be today's event most likely.) Thank you for your feedback on the event. I'll make some changes for Tuesday of next week.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users