A new archer needs help! - Page 2 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A new archer needs help!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

sniper is the transcendent class for hunters. if you want to eventually become a ranger you would need to become a hunter first. you could then choose to rebirth and become a sniper, or you can skip that and go straight from hunter to ranger.

What would be the point to become sniper after hunter? Can we get skills from hunter and sniper combined and then add ranger skills? Or what would be benefit? For me it just seems to be a bit of time wasting if there is no benefit from becoming a sniper...

#27 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:26 AM

^ benefit of 2nd class...... more HP & SP & bonus +100 stat pts  & extra new skill 

Edited by Spooky34, 17 December 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:47 AM

^ benefit of 2nd class...... more HP & SP & bonus +100 stat pts  & extra new skill

basically what spooky said. as a transcendent character (sniper), you have access to new skills, more skill points to use as a transcendent (69 vs 49 skill pts as a 2nd class transcendent), better hp/sp mods, and additional stat points to distribute. you're not going to severely gimp yourself going from hunter to ranger since none of the sniper skills are absolutely required as a ranger (other classes, like biochem and GX, are basically forced to trans if they don't want to miss out on key skills).

check for yourself to see if it's worth becoming a sniper by playing around with the skill calc and viewing skill descriptions on the irowiki:

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4

http://irowiki.org/w...iper#Class_Data

#29 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

Just noticed that my character is somehow bad and is really weak... What job should I choose for my new character that would be good for MvP grinding?

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

have you reached third class yet? the only pre-third class that can even think about killing mvps would be champions (g-fist) or biochemist (acid bomb). rangers (3rd class hunter) are very very powerful, it's just a little rough getting there.

#31 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

What is wrong with it?

#32 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Well I am very weak compared to others in my opinion and even leveling does not increase my dmg that much (with Janeway quest 10 levels gave me only like +20 dmg while I put all base points to dex). I haven't read any of guides about becoming ranger until yesterday and I noticed that without good understanding of base points I wasted them all away for things that I don't need... My base points now are: 4+1 str, 13 agi, 4 vit, 4+1 int, 68+13 dex, 8+1 luk as I have seen in all kind of guides for rangers it is bad build... I am not sure if I should keep rising this character or just delete it, I am still hunter, but...

Edited by Syberg, 19 December 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

you should finish up janeway since you'll get a 99/50 hunter that way. she even gives you equipment to level with; you just need to purchase arrows from a tool dealer. normally if janeway isn't in the fastest leveling builds for non-caster classes would be agi-based builds, so your hunter could be a 9x agi/dex type. but since janeway is in it doesn't really matter what your stats are; if anything you could just pump dex and int so you have sp to spam double strafe vs the savages/kaphas or what not. once you get to 99 you can rebirth or move on to ranger.

#34 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Just keep working on your gear and level, I think you are fine. There are oldbies who deck out their new characters with endgame gears, so don't worry about not being able match their DPS.

#35 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

What would be the point to become sniper after hunter? Can we get skills from hunter and sniper combined and then add ranger skills? Or what would be benefit? For me it just seems to be a bit of time wasting if there is no benefit from becoming a sniper...

When you rebirth/trans your stats are reset to 1 so it's a good chance to fix up your build if it's gone wrong

What job should I choose for my new character that would be good for MvP grinding?

MVP grinding is pretty hard unless you have some good gear and/or you know the MVP's elemental weakness, racial reductions etc. Good MVP jobs are probably Gx, Geneticist, Sura (the main three), but it's quite possible to MVP with other jobs if you have the correct resist gear, pots etc. In my opinion, however, you would be better off finding a support role (especially arch bishop) in which you would easily be able to find parties in turn-ins (turn-in = exp + EMB = money $$) and assist people when they're MVPing or doing instances (don't do it for free obviously - make them share the loot). 

In the case that you have no clue what turn-ins are, check this out http://irowiki.org/w..._Turn-In_Events

#36 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:44 AM

Thank you everyone for the tips! One more question: What gear or potions should I use when I have Janeway Kapha killing quest? It costs me 50 white potions to kill about 20 of them and I already have near 0 Zenies, should I just get more money or am I playing somehow bad? Or maybe I shouldn't use Janeway for leveling anymore? (I am 71/50)

Edited by Syberg, 20 December 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#37 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

you should be doublestrafe spamming in order to kill them. if you kill them before they can get close to you there isn't a need for any healing items. conversely you can party up with someone else who is on that quest to get it done faster. there's no reason not to do the kapha killing quest since it will get you your final 28 levels in no time at all.

#38 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

I finally got to the level 99/50, going to become sniper now, hopefully it won't take me years to get until 99/50 again :-)

EDIT: After trying to become sniper I noticed that you need 1,250000 Zeny, maybe anyone have tips on how to get them?

Edited by Syberg, 20 December 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#39 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

What is your character name? I can give you the zeny when i get home from work if you still need it.

#40 Syberg

Syberg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

What is your character name? I can give you the zeny when i get home from work if you still need it.

My character name is Syberg, but sadly if you would lend me the money I wouldn't be able to give it back for a while since I am a little broke and still don't get a thing about money making in this game... But help would be appreciated!

I was farming poison spores to get some money, but after I got 600 there were no buyers left! My luck is amazing! :-)

Edited by Syberg, 20 December 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#41 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

if you're farming for buy shops, check out ragial. there are some things on that list that should be pretty easy for a 99 hunter to farm:

http://ragial.com/iRO-Renewal

specifically those insect feelers. you kill male thief bugs for those and if you farm the amt that the guy is looking to buy, you'll get more than 5.5 mil XD

Edited by Necrohealiac, 20 December 2014 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users