[RML] Atroce [AzuraSkyy] - Monster Encyclopedia Workshop - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RML] Atroce [AzuraSkyy]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AzuraSkyy

AzuraSkyy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Ragnarok Monster Lore : Atroce WorldFact_zps9f6b9748.png

Atroce is the looming threat for adventurers making their way through the Arunafeltz country, but it seems that nobody in Rachel or Veins knows of, or cares to talk about Atroce.

Ragnarok Online, being based on Norse Mythology (especially areas like Rachel that are entirely based on the Vanir; home of Ceshrumnir and worshipers of Freya), seems to have based Atroce off of the wolf Fenrir.

In Norse Mythology, Fenrir is one of the children of Loki, and a known threat to the God's. In their attempts to prevent Fenrir from becoming an issue, the Gods offer to give him a name by testing his strength. First they restrained him with 'Leyding,' then with 'Dromi.' Both times, Fenrir allowed the Gods to proceed with the restraints, as he was confident in his ability to break them.

When they realized how powerful Fenrir had become, the Gods commissioned the dwarves to create 'Gleipnir.' Though thin and smooth as silk, Gleipnir proved to be far stronger than any metal restraint. When the Gods approached Fenrir with the request to test his strength with this cloth, he replied,

"It looks to me that with this ribbon as though I will gain no fame from it if I do tear apart such a slender band, but if it is made with art and trickery, then even if it does look thin, this band is not going on my legs."

"If you bind me so that I am unable to release myself, then you will be standing by in such a way that I should have to wait a long time before I got any help from you. I am reluctant to have this band put on me. But rather than that you question my courage, let someone put his hand in my mouth as a pledge that this is done in good faith."

After Fenrir's condition was met, the Gods fastened Gleipnir to his ankle. Fenrir made an attempt to break the ribbon, and with his struggle, it became clear that he would not be able to break through. Týr, lost his hand to the wolf while the other Gods secured Gleipnir to a number of objects so that Fenrir would not move. While restrained, and struggling, the Gods found an opportunity to thrust a sword into his jaw, the hilt in his lower gums and the point of the blade to his upper gums.

When asked why the Aesir (essentially Rune-Midgarts/Odinists) why they didn't kill Fenrir when they had the chance, they replied,

"So greatly did the gods respect their holy places and places of sanctuary that they did not want to defile them with the wolf's blood even though the prophecies say that he will be the death of Odin."

Fenrir/Atroce

-The two broken chains seen on Atroce in his sprite and card art depict the two metal chains he broke. At this point in Ragnarok Online's story, it seems that Gleipnir has not been secured.

-The sword that was thrust into his mouth is the Atlas weapon he drops. This explains why the swords art shows it as covered in blood. The name 'Atlas Weapon' (Atlas was a 'titan/giant' in Greek Mythology) further suggests that Atroce is Fenrir, as Fenrir, one of the three children of Loki, grew up in Jötunheimr (land of the giants in Norse Mythology).

-Suggesting that the Gods would not kill Fenrir in a holy place points us again at Atroce who roams the Arunafeltz States- known for being religious and home to the 'Holy Grounds' in the Ceshrumnir.

-EDIT: It's been proposed that Fenrir has relations to other canines in Norse Mythology; Atroce is seeing calling three Gallion to his aide. Roween are also found around Arunafeltz.

atroce_by_mobblthecrazy-d4d589h.png

Atroce Drops

Yggdrasil Berry (50%)
Yggrasil Seed (10%)
Old Purple Box (50%)
Atlas Weapon [1] (1%)
Ring [1] (10%)
Atroce Card (0.01%)
Ulle's Cap [1] (1%)
Bloody Rune (70%)

MVP Drops

Yggdrasil Berry (55%)
Old Purple Box (50%)
Old Purple Box (50%)

Atroce Card

kWOMMPA.png

ATK+25

When dealing a physical attack, there is a small chance that your aspd will increase by 100%.

Edited by AzuraSkyy, 17 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Been a while since one of these was made! Love it ^_^

Consider rehosting the image you hotlinked from RMS. It won't show for anyone but you. To everyone else, it shows as this: Qz8F3IT.png

#3 AzuraSkyy

AzuraSkyy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Been a while since one of these was made! Love it ^_^

Consider rehosting the image you hotlinked from RMS. It won't show for anyone but you. To everyone else, it shows as this: Qz8F3IT.png

It's been too long since one of these was made! :o

Advice taken. Not trying to advertise for RMS. We've moved to imgur. Yay!  :p_idea:

Regards,
~Azura Skyy

Edited by AzuraSkyy, 18 December 2014 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users