Project RO Contest - winners announced - Thank you everyone~ - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Project RO Contest - winners announced - Thank you everyone~

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

BohVOjh.png

Hosted by

Tatihana00 & Myzery

Myzery and I wanted to start the New Year off with a bang~ What better way than a chance at really rare headgears~ 
I know that we've all seen amazing things made for contests in the past, things we wish we could have in real life or make for ourselves. SO~~~~ We decided to give people the chance to be teachers to all us less fortunate people. 

Myzery and I were looking for an excuse to make ro items that we could give to friends~ Hence the contest! muajajajajajaja!

This contest is for any iro related inspirations. (NO in game guides) It can be just about anything that has inspired you to make or create something in real life, and you showing us how to do it. Any media is fine, as long as you can explain in detail, with a name card so that others can reproduce near the same results. If you are unsure about a project you want to do, then simply pm me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please start on your project as soon as possible so that way if anything needs correcting Myzery and I can point them out to you, so that it can be fixed. Thank you for your interest in Project RO.

rHIGf9K.png

*Winner for Most Creative*

*Winner for Best Budget Friendly*

*Winner of the Ragnarok Office Favorite *

8xJBAea.png

-This will be judged by the forum community-

-Special rules for Fan Favorite-

in order to vote for the Fan Favorite,

you (the voter) must make the project you like

and post a photo of the finished product with your forum name card.

You are allowed to vote for two of your favorites.

**In case of a tie, the winner will be chosen by vote from Oda, Myzery and myself**

q8wFGFl.png

There will be a small participation prize for all.

Due to the complexity of the contest 

and the possible amount of people 

the Grand prize will scale up.

If there are 1 - 9 accepted entries the Grand prize will be Costume Convention Hat

If there are 10 accepted entries, the Grand prize will be Costume Evil Ear Wings

If there are 20 accepted entries, the Grand prize will be Costume Bijofnir 

If there are 30 accepted entries, the Grand prize will be Sakura Crown

If there are 40 accepted entries, the Grand prize will be Orchid Headband

56quDKs.png

Rules for accepted entries - 

1. Must be related to Ragnarok Online
     a.This contest is not for in game guides, it is for items created in real life that are associated with Ragnarok.
     b. Products need not be from the game itself, simply be inspired from  the game.
                       example - butter from the cow of Hugel,  ice cream with Ragnarok inspired flavors, t- shirt with the word Ragnarok on it, little mushroom stool from Mora, poring pinata, the possibilities are endless.

2. Entries must have clear and detailed directions, so that people are able to reproduce the same or near same product. (If you are not a native English speaker, please have an English speaking friend check your instructions so it can be as clear as possible.)
     a. For instructions with pictures - Majority of the photos must have your forum name card showing, with date, to verify it was done at the time of the contest, and that those are your own pictures.
     b. For instructions with video  - Must include your forum name card, with date, in the beginning, somewhere in middle and end of video.
     c. Must include template(s)  links to template(s), or where to find the template you used, if your project used a template. (drawing a simple template on ms paint is fine, as long as you used the template yourself)

3. When posting your entry please put the in game name (IGN) you want your prize to be sent to, at the TOP of your post.
    a. If your IGN is not posted with your entry, you will be sent a PM, to correct it. If not corrected, it will be disqualified.

4. One entry per forum account, multiple entries on the same account will not be allowed. 

5. Completely store bought items will be disqualified. (ex. Angel Wings, Fallen Angel Wings, Black Cat Ears, etc.) going to the store and paying for a completely made object does not qualify as a project. 
     a. You may buy the separated parts from the store. (ex. Angel Wings -  buy a cardboard cut out of wings, a bag of feathers, elastic bands) but it must be completely assembled by your own person/ helper.

6. Entries that are not complete, will be sent a PM to correct it. If not corrected within 3 days from PM being sent, it will not qualify for participation.

7. Contest End will be Feb. 27, 2015 11:59pm PST

Because we want every entry to be a qualified entry, Myzery and I will look over each entry and point out what might be missing. Please make sure to regularly check your PMs on forums. 

0FkP0pk.png

MRY90l3.png voPSSLC.gif

Forum Name - tatihana00

Ign - Dagny              <-------- Post IGN (in game name) at top

This is my project for everyone. Basic embroidery of Porings/Drops/Poporings etc. 

Please take the time to read through and if you like, make your own porings~ 

VVVVVVV  Name Card with Date VVVVVVV

6pqomq.jpg

VVVV Information and more information VVVV
Basic poring embroidery
 There are many different ways to do a stitch. Find what makes you happy.
           -  Hand embroidery tutorial (written out)-----> Lessons    (Because if I added a how to embroidery this would be a very long post, which i did a bit.... ugh...)
                            - Video of basic hand embroidery  ----> Lessons   (Sometimes it's easier to just watch how it's done)

*you can also search for your own examples of hand embroidery, if these don't help*

The Beginning   VVVV Spoiler used to help cut down on massive scrolling VVVV

Spoiler

Getting to Work~  VVVV Spoiler to cut down on massive scrolling VVVV

Spoiler

Older examples of work I've done~

Spoiler

Edited by tatihana00, 16 March 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#2 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:53 PM

-Reserved for approved official entries - 

Post #14  - ExDarkrb

343q6xg.jpg

Post #16 - hoikarnage 

E1DoxJt.jpg

Post#18 - 8709131226200158117

PI0g4rE.jpg

Post #20 - Konfeito

sEHMVP2.png

Post #25 - Pandiwi

2nvufih.jpg

Edited by tatihana00, 02 March 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#3 G0R314

G0R314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationKelantan, Malaysia
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

so all i need to do is create a product inspiried by iRO and post the making process here? am i right?

#4 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

so all i need to do is create a product inspiried by iRO and post the making process here? am i right?

yes. that is all you have to do. be inspired by ragnarok and show and then TEACH us how you made it. 

#5 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

I don't like the way you have the prizes set up. If I am going to invest this much time in a contest, I want to know what the prize is going to be, because quite frankly, some of those prizes suck imo.

I just want the damn creative convention hat that I am owed :(

#6 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

I don't like the way you have the prizes set up. If I am going to invest this much time in a contest, I want to know what the prize is going to be, because quite frankly, some of those prizes suck imo.

I just want the damn creative convention hat that I am owed :(

You don't have to like the way it's set up, that is your personal issue. I did it this way to award a super rare headgear. If by chance we get enough entries that it hits the orchid head band and you win, you are more than welcome to ask for the convention hat. 

You are not owed anything in this contest, if you do not enter. If you are owed a hat you should bring up that to the person in PM.

Have a nice day~

Edited by tatihana00, 16 January 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#7 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

This is something unique. A brilliant idea. I suggest, when the contest ends and winners are chosen, there should a small follow-up contest with a smaller time window to reproduce any of the winning creations and the one and only best of it wins a the same prize as the winner, of whose creativity they chose to recreate. When the teacher's done teaching, let the students show what they have learnt. Just a fun suggestion.

I would love to be a part of the current contest. It's a super cool theme. +1

#8 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

This is something unique. A brilliant idea. I suggest, when the contest ends and winners are chosen, there should a small follow-up contest with a smaller time window to reproduce any of the winning creations and the one and only best of it wins a the same prize as the winner, of whose creativity they chose to recreate. When the teacher's done teaching, let the students show what they have learnt. Just a fun suggestion.

I would love to be a part of the current contest. It's a super cool theme. +1

I was hoping for something that almost anyone can participate in. if you read the rules, people who want to vote for their favorite, need to MAKE their favorite project.  Making another mini contest would be a lot of work but I think I will try and apply that mini contest to the next project ro that I do~ it's a wonderful idea.

#9 G0R314

G0R314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationKelantan, Malaysia
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

i really interested in this project and i dont even mind abt those prizes. not important to me

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:48 AM

Tati   -   Dr. Tame

1    -     0

Looks like i am interested as well. Time to brainstorm

#11 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

Tati   -   Dr. Tame

1    -     0

Looks like i am interested as well. Time to brainstorm

I wasn't aware we were keeping score. I simply stated my feelings about this contest. 

Some people like to know what the prize is going to be before they participate. I'm sure there are people that would love an Orchid Headband for example, but are unwilling to participate because that's not necessarily the prize.

Anyway, good luck. Seems I have upset some people here, so I am leaving.

#12 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

I was hoping for something that almost anyone can participate in. if you read the rules, people who want to vote for their favorite, need to MAKE their favorite project.  Making another mini contest would be a lot of work but I think I will try and apply that mini contest to the next project ro that I do~ it's a wonderful idea.

I like what you have put together, so don't take this the wrong way. Just curious on what your thoughts are on a possible issue.

What if I make something simple and convince all my friends to reproduce it just to win the favorite prize? I feel like there is a hole here. More complex projects will suffer because they might take a lot more time to recreate, even if it is clearly a fan favorite. Do you have a plan to avoid this or are you going to rely on honesty? It might not even happen of course, so the point might be moot.

#13 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

I like what you have put together, so don't take this the wrong way. Just curious on what your thoughts are on a possible issue.

What if I make something simple and convince all my friends to reproduce it just to win the favorite prize? I feel like there is a hole here. More complex projects will suffer because they might take a lot more time to recreate, even if it is clearly a fan favorite. Do you have a plan to avoid this or are you going to rely on honesty? It might not even happen of course, so the point might be moot.

You make a valid point. (not offended at all *smile*)  

I feel that the community should have a chance to vote on a favorite but the simple upvotes  have been abused and is the easiest way to win. This is a way to to encourage a more interactive way of voting. I realize the system is not perfect but we are hoping it's a lot less flawed than only upvotes. trying new things will always be trial and error, and it's better to try than just accept the norm and feel defeated for not trying. 

We are aware of the fact that people might do what you have suggested, but for this reason we gave people the chance to cast two different votes ( reproduce the projects)... we can't always stop cheating *sigh* (and most certainly Myzery will be looking for any and all cheaters) but we can hope that people be inspired by what people make so as to have different choice and possible try for the more elaborate projects. Plus we offer more than one category for the winners, hoping this will appease all different aspects of this contest. 

Hope this clears it up. Thank you Cinquine for being positively helpful~

#14 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

IGN: Sulfuric Acid

World" Chaos (Renewal)

So i got inspired by this guy on the forums saying we cant get anything out of the game, like physical stuff, i decided to dupe my own Bio MVP card out of the server, INTO MY OWN HANDS!!!

What you will need:

Spoiler

My failed attempt at making the back of the card

Spoiler

I didnt add the back of the card at the end because it looks so bad T.T

Steps:

Spoiler

If you happen to have a lot of difficulty with step 2, you can try this method

Spoiler

My very own BIO3 MVP CARD COLLECTION!!! MUAHAHAHA

343q6xg.jpg

Edited by ExDarkrb, 21 January 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#15 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

So i got inspired by this guy on the forums saying we cant get anything out of the game, like physical stuff, i decided to dupe my own Bio MVP card out of the server, INTO MY OWN HANDS!!!

2hcmhao.jpg

2m5crk9.jpg

My failed attempt at making the back of the card

23jr1np.jpg

and my 'lamination'

2luouuf.jpg

TADAAAAA FINAL PRODUCT

6q9ngm.jpg

29vzel1.jpg

there, a handmade card that keeps memories and costs billions of zenies XD

Love it; very creative idea.

#16 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

Doctor Tame

Orange Convention Hat

I felt bad for this poor contest being ignored, so i sacrificed 20 minutes of my time last night to show you all how to create that most complicated of monsters, the mighty poring. Maybe my post will help jump start this contest, less than a week left!

Finished product, with Dancer figure for scale: 

E1DoxJt.jpg

Video tutorial:

I'd say this is pretty budget friendly. You can buy a small block of polymer clay for $2, and the paint for a $1 per bottle. The brushes I use are only $1 each, but you can get them even cheaper. If you buy a big block of clay like mine you could make hundreds of porings for less than $20

Edited by hoikarnage, 16 March 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#17 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

E1DoxJt.jpg

:p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:
Amazing!!!

EDIT: I thought the dancer was made out of polymer clay as well. lol. (I didn't watch the video, I'm at work XD) Anyway, that poring is still so cute. :p_laugh:

Edited by kazukimatsumoto, 21 February 2015 - 08:38 AM.

#18 8709131226200158117

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

IGN: JohnSnow07

Server: Chaos (Renewal)

:p_smile: PORING CAKE BALLS :p_smile:

Spoiler

Pros and Cons of making poring cake balls:

Cons: Making

Pros: Poring cake balls!

#19 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

IGN: JohnSnow07

Server: Chaos (Renewal)

:p_smile: PORING CAKE BALLS :p_smile:

Spoiler

Pros and Cons of making poring cake balls:

Cons: Making

Pros: Poring cake balls!

It looks like you melted a bunch of small porings in order to make bigger porings.

#20 Konfeito

Konfeito

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Killer Queen 931.png
Spoiler

sEHMVP2.png

Edited by Konfeito, 01 March 2015 - 12:46 AM.

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

Very nice entries so far.

I think this being moved to a section that's kind of hidden reduced the number of participants.

With that said, I wanted to give my thanks for the individuals that have entered thus far.

There's around 10 hours remaining for any last minute creations!

#22 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

I honestly think you might have given it too much time, so anyone who wanted to participate probably blew it off and then forgot about it.

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

That's quite possible. I think Tati wanted to give people a chance to work on certain crafts if they chose to.

More prizes for the people who entered I guess!

#24 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

this was a first try, we can always put it out again with different guidelines and what not. still even that we got two is a nice thing. *smile* 

#25 Pandiwi

Pandiwi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

♥ IGN: ~Pandy~ ♥

♥ Server: Chaos ♥

♥ Convention Hat color: Red ♥

okay so I'm really bad at craft things, but I suck more at drawing :D so here's my proyect~

Spoiler

✿ Steps~~

1.- You’ll need the following:

✔ Coloring pens

✔ Thread

✔ Scissors

✔ Glue

✔ Ruler

✔ White or colored paper

Spoiler

2.- Start by measuring the paper about 28x3cm

Spoiler

3.- Cut the paper into strips.

Spoiler

4.- Take 3 strips and glue the ends as shown in the picture.

Spoiler

5.- At one end of the strip make a ribbon.

Spoiler

6.- Make a knot by inserting the short end into the hole as shown.

Spoiler

7.- Flip the knot over and then tuck the short end into the back and you should get something like what’s shown on the picture.

Spoiler

8.- Wrap the long end around it.

Spoiler

9.- Glue the loose end on the back.

Spoiler

10.- Now draw on it or design it anyway you’d like.

Spoiler

11.- And lastly you need to inflate it, you just need to press each sides inwards  and it will inflate

Spoiler

Thank you to Tati for make this contest for people who can't draw!! :ok:  and thank you to Fitz for helped me with translation :ani_wow:

PS: I forgot put the label in some pictures D:

Edited by Pandiwi, 17 March 2015 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users