For Bard and Dancer Class, we're just an extra~ ! - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

For Bard and Dancer Class, we're just an extra~ !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hoeee

Hoeee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

It's sad to say that we're just an option for a high level turn in's party for filling party the space. Since our skills get n*rfed and we need spend a lot of zenies for these class.
[ severe rainstorm deal less damage after skill balance update, have to buy expensive equipment for damage eg:sound amplifier and elven bow+elven arrow ; we need to buy costly item for buffing party member ; eg: Regreatable Tears(1,000z ea) for frigg's song or death valley, Throat Lozenge (200z; still acceptable) for Song of Despair. ]

#2 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

My GX poisons cost deadly price too lol....

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:27 AM

pointless whining. all 3rd class requires tons of consumables and catalysts, dont think you are the saddest creature on earth. damage wise, have you ever heard about HBP, FAW and temporal boots?

Edited by fuyukikun, 25 December 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#4 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

No, we are very useful. Metallic Sound, Moonlight Serenade/Swing Dance (ask what your party would like), GK, Strings, Dances w/ Wargs, and even Dazzler/I-can't-remember-Maestros-equivalent are all useful in leveling. Some people even like Song of Mana, Gloomy Shyness --- provided you have a party member who are knowledgeable of performers skills, they often have prefrences. I remember once having people argue over whether they wanted Song of Mana or Dances with Wargs. It was entertaining.

And just to add, many classes are just options. Guillotine Cross has great AoE but not wide ranged. Sorcs are good for SP and AOE, but I've seen them be passed up because the party leader thought they could find better (I disagree.) As a performer class we're vastly underrated, there's a guild that says we're useless (yet they seldom win anymore *snickers*) so just get a tougher skin.

Oh and, all equips are pretty expensive for all classes these days. Good news is most of it's farmable for us. Creamy Fear = Sound Amps. Tempo Boots = OGH. Variants are more useful if you're just supporting though.

#5 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

My GX poisons cost deadly price too lol....

Oh yeah and that. ^ 20k a bottle minimum or extensive farming if you have the stats to brew... 1k for a regrettable tear is nothing.

#6 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

provided you have a party member who are knowledgeable of performers skills

I'm not knowledgeable on bard/dancer skills, but I'm convinced of their usefulness in parties and trust their judgement on how to support the party well. I love GK. If the bards and dancers in my party use other skills, I usually ask them what their skills entail.

#7 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

It's sad to say that we're just an option for a high level turn in's party for filling party the space. Since our skills get n*rfed and we need spend a lot of zenies for these class.
[ severe rainstorm deal less damage after skill balance update, have to buy expensive equipment for damage eg:sound amplifier and elven bow+elven arrow ; we need to buy costly item for buffing party member ; eg: Regreatable Tears(1,000z ea) for frigg's song or death valley, Throat Lozenge (200z; still acceptable) for Song of Despair. ]

Make your own party

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Performers suck.

Above poster(s): Don't be an apologist, you're furthering the problem.

#9 HaroldKaren

HaroldKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

buying sound amp. and elven bow is not that heavy on pocket since its for you own good, those are recommended gear for you. and buying regreatable tears is a must..

we geneticist do burn zeny more than you know, we need buy glistening coat,acid bomb, bottle grenade or buy ingredients to make this stuffs, buy food for our homuns and buy ammo for cart cannon that cost more than your regreatable tears.

and maestro & wanderer are not just an option, they're very useful when it comes to leveling..

#10 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

well if you gonna be using SR in high TI party then ofc why the hell would they want you, when they can just get a better AoE class aka Ranger/WL intead of waiting 8 years for your SR to finish and another 10 years for you to reuse it. Beside, if you gonna complain about a 1000z item being expensive then idk what to say, play another class.

Edited by iDaehyun, 25 December 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#11 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm not knowledgeable on bard/dancer skills, but I'm convinced of their usefulness in parties and trust their judgement on how to support the party well. I love GK. If the bards and dancers in my party use other skills, I usually ask them what their skills entail.

That's the best way to learn any class. I'm always questioning others on what things do, lol. 

Performers suck.

Above poster(s): Don't be an apologist, you're furthering the problem.

We need improvement, as has been pointed out before, but I don't think it sucks. A lot of people (definitely not saying you) don't understand the class, even people who play it. If I could see one thing change, it would be to get rid of that terrible MS cool down...

#12 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

You are more than welcome to trade your  Maestro's skillset for my Super Novices : < if you truly don't want them.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

We need improvement, as has been pointed out before, but I don't think it sucks. A lot of people (definitely not saying you) don't understand the class, even people who play it. If I could see one thing change, it would be to get rid of that terrible MS cool down...

There are a lot of things I'd change about performer.

You are more than welcome to trade your  Maestro's skillset for my Super Novices : < if you truly don't want them.

I don't see the relevance about super novice. You do realize Super Novice is a challenge-mode class, right? That's like unlocking "nightmare" mode in a game and switching your difficulty off medium to nightmare, then emailing the developer to complain the difficulty needs to be reduced.

#14 taianlight

taianlight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

I've never seen a combat Maestro before, but the demand for Magical String though is want earns them there spot and there overall place as a buffer. They do have a good purpose besides a filler/leecher spot.

... Is wacking monsters to death with a ukulele a thing in this game?

#15 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Whacking Emps to death with a Berserk Guitar certainly is <3

#16 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Whacking Emps to death with a Berserk Guitar certainly is <3

193 ASPD with a shield. ♥

#17 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Classic

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

every time that I read something similar to this topic, arrow storm gets a power up (probably in the form of a new weapon) ;<

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

every time that I read something similar to this topic, arrow storm gets a power up (probably in the form of a new weapon) ;<

We'll soon be getting a new bow called the "Giant Bow". It has more base ATK than the Elven Bow, comes with an innate +40% ranged damage buff, and unlike Elven the buff is applicable to any type of arrow. Rangers getting 2stronk.

Not even kidding btw. We should be getting that bow in 14.3.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 25 December 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#19 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

Im not good at English, but is OP sarcasing?

Expensive gear elven bow and arrow? Sound amp? If you use as end game gear, u sure thats expensive?
And high cost 1000 and 200z? I dont play bard or dancer, so how frequently do u use these to make u consider as high cost?

think about gene.

#20 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

OP, wait until you're 150+ and wish to do Bio bounties. You'll be back in demand.. (not wanderers though :v)

#21 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

I wish good news for 2017 XD...
warpportal need to slave gravity for us while we are the suburban classes

VModCinnamon:

Please do not necro old topics, topic is now locked.

Thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 30 December 2016 - 09:00 AM.
Lock note.

#22 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

I wish good news for 2017 XD...
warpportal need to slave gravity for us while we are the suburban classes

Wat

0 user(s) are reading this topic