INFORMATION ON NEW MAP FORGOTTEN PAYON - Page 3 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

INFORMATION ON NEW MAP FORGOTTEN PAYON

312 replies to this topic

#51 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

It's a test build so until it's finalized all details are subject to change. 

I like the word that its still under testing...so there a 1/10000000000 chances they will listen to our comment and suggestions..

#52 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

I like the word that its still under testing...so there a 1/10000000000 chances they will listen to our comment and suggestions..

Well, "in testing" really just means that the testers go in and test the changes to make sure it's not worse and hopefully what they were looking for. If it doesn't pass testing, it gets sent back along with more feedback. It's a cycle until everybody is happy with the result, or they at least don't absolutely hate it. It's really just a constant cycle, which is all labeled as "in testing"

This is how testing works in general, and it's what we've been working to do with the new content  :ok:

#53 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:14 AM

What about the testing of the old content? Or better say the fixing? If it causes a decrease in population being an old content doesn't means necessarily that is right the way it is

#54 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

there a hint that the new map will be implement around 26th January..based on Maridah's blog..

#55 Rhein14

Rhein14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

It should be an open map, not a dungeon, so be prepared to compete for monster spawns like with DWF.

Say no to open Map.. When grinding it annoys me the "SPOT"  especially in CONDOR, MUCA, DWL, DWU... No chance to grind if they took all the channels and all the SPOTs.. Implement Dungeon..

#56 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

field map as dungeon? lolwut

better and easier to make more spots and\or add more channels or merge with freyja to get old 14-20 channels

#57 pdracoz

pdracoz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

so i guess  they sweeping the class balance and broken formula under the rug ? sigh

#58 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

field map as dungeon? lolwut

better and easier to make more spots and\or add more channels or merge with freyja to get old 14-20 channels

Even if you double the number of channels, it might not be enough. You would then have a maximum of 70 players (14x5) for a single given spot. And as you can see with all the existing maps, you usually have only 1~2 adequate spots. Such a 'open map' system is therefore limited to 140 players at best (or 90 players with 9 channels).

So I don't see any problems, if it would be a ceiling-less dungeon instead (just check Sandarman Fortress). I think Osiris is still the grinding spot that players like most.

Edited by Greven79, 14 January 2015 - 03:35 AM.

#59 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

What about the testing of the old content? Or better say the fixing? If it causes a decrease in population being an old content doesn't means necessarily that is right the way it is

That's been worked on too. When I (and some of the other VCRs) find an issue in the live server, we make a video to show what is happening, upload it, then post it on our bug list and message Njoror to let him know we added something. These get forwarded. How long it takes to fix is up to the team at Gravity, but some of the small fixes, like moving or removing objects that can't be reached, get fixed fairly quickly. When we see the fix list in patch notes, we will often log on immediately after maintenance to check if the problems were actually fixed, and sometimes find new problems in the meantime, which also get reported.

Fixing an existing large issue (Out of Range anyone?) is a bit harder, because it is difficult to make a video showing exactly what is happening, and therefore difficult for Gravity to investigate and fix things on their end. If you can make a video of this, by all means please do.

For other problems, like the large MP requirements for ML21+, that would probably be considered an easy fix; however, this requires the agreement of a lot of people on the development team. Getting approval for such changes is the hard part in this type of issue, and we're definitely requesting the requirements be lowered.

That being said, was there a specific issue you were thinking of that I didn't mention?

#60 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

In the report section of this forum there is already a video of the out of range bug that i made long time ago... no replies were given at that post.
There are some easy to fix bugs (really old ones) like devirucky picture book in bapho not dropping that does't allow to conplete karas. And if you remember long time ago MorningRose for an event requested the 4th kara page complete without knowing to just asking something impossible.
The drop event for gears in dayr desert NEVER ended that make the loot a pain and produce a broken amount of zenny?
As i said old content doesn't necessary means fixed content i know you vep do a lot but these bugs are around since before the vep program and are ALL well documented bugs

Edited by Shinyusuke, 13 January 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#61 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

That's been worked on too. [...] How long it takes to fix is up to the team at Gravity, but some of the small fixes, like moving or removing objects that can't be reached, get fixed fairly quickly. [...]

Fixing an existing large issue (Out of Range anyone?) is a bit harder, because it is difficult to make a video showing exactly what is happening, and therefore difficult for Gravity to investigate and fix things on their end. If you can make a video of this, by all means please do.

That being said, was there a specific issue you were thinking of that I didn't mention?

There are many issues:

• Combat bug
  • False language keys (Sorcerer / SM)
  • Facing directions on entering a new map
  • Incorrect player location after using butterfly wings / long kafra flight
  • Falling damage bug (who would bother if there would be no damage at all?)
  • Not being able to use long kafra flight while mounted or transformed (which works fine using other methods)
  • Improper respawn times of certain mobs (prevents skinning, etc)
  • Missing / misleading quest description/hints (f.e. prophet of doom union quest)
  • Unsuitable leveling progress for cooks
  • Identical items still being unstackable
  • Enhancement elixirs polluting your bag
  • Inconvenient use of pet DNA - especially for Binding Protein
  • Kick-outs due to a false 'speed hack' detections from HackShield
  • Divine Protections being usable below ML1 (although completely useless)
  • Master Level quest inconvenience due to high differences towards other lvl50 opponents
  • Divided Plains adjustment of illumination not using a proper z-axis limitation

And this doesn't really include real balancing issues or more questionable inconveniences: F.e. OP gear reward after job change, improper success chances for dismantling items or to obtain certain recipes. Polinium as a quest reward which intriques 'new players' to use an unsafe item (can break your weapon). And the inbalanced 1sec pet DoT trigger for both the 'electrostatic' and 'Ignite' debuff exist since the introduction of pets.

Another issue are the shades summoned by Ratmaster. They deal 50% of your current HPs as damage, but the calculation isn't 'safe', which can lead to a killed player, if two shades attack almost simultaneously.  And I could go on for quite a while...

But as always, it's about the question about how issues get prioritized.

Sure, removing a single gold ingot might not have taken up much time, but even then, it would have been much more useful to remove the osiris mummy closest to the entrance.... that one is much more annoying.

For other problems, like the large MP requirements for ML21+, that would probably be considered an easy fix; however, this requires the agreement of a lot of people on the development team. Getting approval for such changes is the hard part in this type of issue, and we're definitely requesting the requirements be lowered.

How many developers are there and how many of them are needed to make such a decision?

#62 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

leave it to Greven to stated all the problem in the game :p_hi:

I always learn a lot from all his comment even though i don't care because ran far from the original topics

#63 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:49 AM

Has everyone notice that they already changed the seed rune description? :p_swt: 

Blueseed Rune for example:
http://ro2.doskoi.or.../22261100#basic
Able to equip on Blue/Gold seed rune hole of 50 level above equipment.

The same applied to red and green seed rune. And with the upcoming Eddga gear with 1 gold rune hole, meaning that we can only choose one rune among blue, red, and green for the gold rune slot?

Besides that, seed rune that has been "opened", BlueSeed Rune[10 to 50] for example:
http://ro2.doskoi.or.../22261101#basic
When equip to equipment, it increase 14 of STR, AGI, INT, WIS, VIT.
... ...
... ...
... ...
http://ro2.doskoi.or.../22261141#basic
When equip to equipment, it increase 71 of STR, AGI, INT, WIS, VIT.

The same applied to red seed rune. Meaning that it give a fix number of stats instead of % of stats after the patch?
Not sure what is the formula to relate them:
[10] ≡ 14
... ...
... ...
... ...
[50] ≡ 71

Next, is the seed rune "open rate", Blueseed Rune for example:
http://ro2.doskoi.or...22261100#random
[10] = 28%
... ...
[36] = 0.01%
[37] = 0%
... ...
[50] = 0%

The same applied to red seed rune as well. Meaning that people no longer can obtain [37 to 50] after the patch?

There are also many weird rune showing up, many of them. No idea they are abandoned old content or the upcoming content?
socket_rune_01.pngAnsuz Rune
... ...
socket_rune_09.pngWunjo Rune

#64 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

IF over 36 rune is really impossible the old ones HAVE TO be deleted or downscaled

#65 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

i think change the integer value not to show beyond .00

it been that way for some time now 

#66 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

sigh, they gonna break game economy

without degrading runes numbers prices for 30+ BS and RS runes gonna be about 500k-10m

btw same with runes like power, wind and armor

#67 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Patch notes out on steam there is no payon patch and not even a exp event or a drop in exp requirement you know what will happen....

#68 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

There's the lunar event thing.

#69 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

@Greven:

Spoiler

Concerning runes:
Spoiler

@Shinyusuke:

Spoiler

I hope that answers some of the questions, and I hope everybody enjoys the Lunar Event. It's a little silly.

:p_hi:

Edited by Emilizzard, 22 January 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#70 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

my guildmate says he got bs45 3 weeks ago

the open rate displayed in http://ro2.doskoi.org/ have been like that since december

#71 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationStrawberry Land
  • Server:Pandora

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:19 AM

No reason for a new content when only a few players will be ML30 and still in game to play whit it

and be prepared for a 3x exp needed from ml31 to ml40

i agree on this XD everyone wants to be superior  so why not wait little bit 

#72 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

I have a big question IF the new runes share the same holes and the holes are not enough to put red, blue and green why would we use the new equit instead of a full runed cazar? OR if also the runeslots on the old gears will be changed what will happen at our runes on them?

#73 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

Higher than %36 runes will be NOT impossible after payon uptade.(i hope) this is just mathematic. For example; We can say 1,343 is 1,34 or 1,346 is 1,35. So answer is; getting higher than %36 runes rate lower than 0.005. So it says %0. For example %37 Rune rate might be %0,004. I hope i could explained. I should say this is also ; this is my suggest only.

Edited by Glukos, 22 January 2015 - 03:40 AM.

#74 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

Does Anyone knows what runes can we place inside eddga gears Purple seed and gold slot, does anyone from VCR knows about these?, if u do please give us info.

#75 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

I have a big question IF the new runes share the same holes and the holes are not enough to put red, blue and green why would we use the new equit instead of a full runed cazar? OR if also the runeslots on the old gears will be changed what will happen at our runes on them?

the buzz back then that purp slot is for CLS /Regular rune 

odd though you could get tons of PVP def/att if you could put 2 CLS per part XD 

100% pvp damage reduction since this scenario is unlikely 

the possible scenario would be enforcing limits 

-either a cap on pvp def/att rate 

-1 CLS per gear

-1 CLS type per gear 

once payon is live i forsee 

knight/Warrior dominating PVP outside of collo

if CLS is available for the 35 gears people would get tougher

monks/sins/priest(iirc CLS reduced damage) damage wouldnt be enough to kill people quickly 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users