Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

When this goes live on the forums, you can ask questions for the RO team and they will be answered during the Tiki Tuesday 3pm PST stream at twitch.tv/warpportal

I had a very nice break, got to do some family road tripping to San Diego and San Francisco, and along the way got to see the northernmost and southernmost Historic Tiki Bars in California.

The Tonga Room is located in the basement of a beautiful old hotel on Nob Hill in SF, built out of the hotel’s old pool room. The centerpiece of the restaurant is a large “lagoon” made out of the old pool. A live band plays from a floating platform in the middle, and there are indoor thunderstorms every 30 minutes or so. Though it’s pretty pricey as Tiki Bars go, this place has a lot of vintage charm and solid drinks.

DSCF8470

The Tonga Room during a “thunderstorm”

Another great destination in San Francisco for Tiki (which wasn’t the only thing on the trip, I swear!) is the de Young art museum in Golden Gate Park. This museum has an excellent collection of authentic Polynesian carvings and real tikis.

DSCF8555

The Japanese garden at Golden Gate Park is another fun diversion. It was choked to the gills with other tourists and a little pricey to get into but there are some old buildings and architectural features that date back to the 1915 World’s Fair.

DSCF8615

Also, took a separate day trip last weekend to see the Bali Hai, a San Diego Tiki Bar that celebrated their 60th anniversary last year. More reasonably priced than San Francisco, the drinks were pretty good and despite not having Crab Rangoon on the menu it was still a good time.

DSCF8753 DSCF8770

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

Who is your favorite power ranger? I always thought Tommy was dreamy.

#3 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

What did you have instead of the crab rangoon?

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Fried calamari with sweet chili dipping sauce (pictured to the left of the mug). That and coconut shrimp are more common nowadays. 

#5 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Fried calamari with sweet chili dipping sauce.

Amazinggg :lv:

#6 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Is there anymore monster map changes for classic, like a Ct4 underground with no bathories?

Edit, is classic losing 2x and dragons this week or do we get a few more weeks to enjoy them?

Edited by HikariYari, 06 January 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#7 reiko57

reiko57

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Could you add the "Ñ" spanish character to chat? it's very annoying for spanish speakers (which there are a lot) to don't have it, and it's often used for words like damage, tomorrow and so... it's difficult to even replace it with another letter because none of them sounds like it. Sadly it's the only character missed in the spanish alphabet  :p_sad:

#8 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

Can we get an approximate date when any and all missing pet functionality and issues/bugs regarding pets will be fixed :D?

Also, what's the deal with throwing up, you don't throw up... YOU THROW DOWN! xP

#9 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Can we implement some safe certificates when we upgrading or refining shadow equipment? Because the shadow equipment are cash obtainable only at the moment (Just like RWC) so I guess it is reasonable to ask for this. Please consider it.

Please fix the 'unknown item' when you exchange the red stockings to get gift box.

#10 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

What the Warpportal team think about it? Do you do some kind of investigation with these merchants to ensure that the number of these cards for sale is not the result of farming bots?
16209897982_1996bdaa8e_c.jpg

Edited by THBronx, 05 January 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#11 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

could you take a look at the scripts for the malangdo culverts daily/weekly quests? when i turn them in i get the "0 exp" rewarded message but generally that indicates that there should be an experience reward of some sort right?

for example, the mora coin quests award job exp only (thanks for fixing that for job>50 chars by the way)but you never see the purple colored "0 exp" award message denoting base exp award. it's just not there.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

1. For some reason Geffen's Level 41-60 board has Soldier Skeleton on the list when it should be Skeleton Worker. Could you address that and update the Take All option on that board, please?

2. Implement Mora board?

Mora
Level 140 - 160 Board
-Miming
-Little Fatum
-Cenere
-Menblatt
-Petal
-Angra Mantis
-Antique Book
-Lichtern (Yellow)
-Lichtern (Blue)
-Lichtern (Red)
-Lichtern (Green)

And here's the proposed placement for it:

oWSUYbv.png

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

why are there level caps on these 150+ boards? they should be uncapped until we actually get new content, and there's no ETA for that.

#14 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

mora boards should be filled with nearby monsters do not insert eclage monsters too

#15 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

Hello Oda & Campitor,

It's been too long since Peace Pipe was removed from the Kafra Shop. Any chances of it returning?

#16 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

Would it be possible to revert elemental sword back to its original effect? Currently it works like a weaker CD in mouth, as compared to the original which autocasts the other bolts when cold bolt is triggered.

Magic isn't as powerful as it was pre-renewal and kRO uses the original I believe, based on this:

which shows a shadow chaser in nightmare clock tower leveling with the sword. Is there a big reason to not revert to this version?

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

can we hotkey catalysts? it would be nice if we can hotkey catalysts
so we can be informed about how many
they are left.
yes, i am talking about traps, elemental
points, face paints, charms, mado fuels,
etc. just like arrows, but it wont do anything if
pressed. just a reminder about how many
catalyst i have at the moment.
it is quite devastating when i am not
aware that i am out of catalyst when
being mobbed. i dislike opening my inventory tab to
check how many catalyst i have since it
disturbs my vision.

#18 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

Could you guys see if you can unban the skill Masquerade Ignorance from Bio 4 please. Biolabs is hell on a chaser already, some maps you can Manhole/Masquerade, others you can't. There is no consistency.

Chasers have a hard enough time contributing to parties, making it impossible to get a party in the first place.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

reposting from the 1/7 maint thread:

1/7 maint!

Any chance to have 150+ to pick up scarab bounty?

this please /\

==We are relaxing the upper level restrictions on using the bounty board quests. 

#20 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:07 AM

faws in boxes pls :)

===They will eventually return!

#21 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

any update on the WoE Schedule for renewal? 

#22 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

When will the results/rewards for this contest going to be announced? It's been over a month since the threads been closed.
http://forums.warppo...vent-pixel-art/

===They have been announced!

#23 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

[ Map/Monster ]

• MVP monsters EXP is no longer affected by server EXP events (While it used to work in the past it's been stated by Campitor that MVPs are exempted from the events since 2011 or 2012, however players reports stating that is incorrect)

Any info about this yet? I found Campitor's statement about mvp exp really surprising, I play since 2009 and to my knowledge mvp have always had their exp increased from server events and further stacking with VIP event, what I don't understand is how something like this has been changed without notice. Is it a bug?

By the way, when are we getting the shadow shoes that match the current shadow shield contents? the shoes are missing to complete the set.

Edited by meli, 06 January 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#24 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

Could you add the "Ñ" spanish character to chat? it's very annoying for spanish speakers (which there are a lot) to don't have it, and it's often used for words like damage, tomorrow and so... it's difficult to even replace it with another letter because none of them sounds like it. Sadly it's the only character missed in the spanish alphabet  :p_sad:

It already exists. Use Alt+165 & Alt+164.

From last week:

Can you add Blue Pots to the list of Buy Shop items?

They are in, have you tried it?

They are in now. Thank you!

Can you please update the RO Website. It's missing a lot of the recent items & descriptions. For example none of the new costumes, or the enchantable ones, from the last boxes, were added. The specific description of what each enchant does was never added.

==I will work on improving at that this year!

I also hope that you guys did something about that mail spam issue yesterday. 5 pages of messages on multiple chars & accounts. Plus every one of them has to be read in order to stop the mail notice :(

==We are deleting the mails on a regular basis. Unfortunately you will still see the notifications when they arrive but we are working to suspend the accounts quickly. 

Is it at all possible to fix it so we don't have to click on the quantity when buying items like HD, & Enriched ores from vendors, since the only quantity that can be bought is 1? All gear already works that way.

Will you guys please update Boxter with the missing Trans Scrolls, Diviruchi, & Poring, & the +20 Stat Food Pack, or the items from it. I've asked & asked this for months.

Please change the Mid-Ti map. The current map is terrible!

==Changed!

Edited by Oda, 08 January 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#25 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Oda! +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users