Please Advise on Equipment:Just got ML1 Newbie in game - Soulmaker - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Please Advise on Equipment:Just got ML1 Newbie in game

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ZNephthys

ZNephthys

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

Please give me pieces of advice on what equipment should i use. I just got ML1 today and i do not know what should i equip and it is hard for me to find one because i am newbie in this game and it is my first character to make. I am currently playing at Freya server. Please help me. Thank You!

#2 Cailen

Cailen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

What class are you? Normally, at ML1, you go to the auction house and look for Desert Scorpion X. X being the type of gear your class wears.

Edited by Cailen, 11 January 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#3 ZNephthys

ZNephthys

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

thanks a lot, someone already gave me items in game :)

#4 Seanski

Seanski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

Congrats! :D

#5 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

What class are you? Normally, at ML1, you go to the auction house and look for Desert Scorpion X. X being the type of gear your class wears.

The Auction House isn't the only source for these items of course. They can be found in the Dayr Desert by looting Condors, etc.

Just check this WarpPortal thread to see where you can find the items for your class.

As an advice:

You'll also want to find/use the right element. To fight Condors, you'll need 'Sinister'.

The elements are also Dayr Desert item drops that can be bought in the Auction House as well.

Element reference.

Spoiler

Also try to find a second Desert Scorpion weapon... you need that one later (with a different element), when you fight mukas.

#6 ZNephthys

ZNephthys

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

what element will i use to fight mukas? my character is a soul maker

#7 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

destruction (red)

#8 ZNephthys

ZNephthys

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

joser or desert storm? my character is SM

#9 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

joser have almost same stats as menace, if you have not menace but have some zeny buy\craft joser

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

Menace = upgrade of Desert Scorpion gear

Joser = upgrade of Desert Storm gear

Usually, it's something like this

ML1~ML7+ => Condor = Desert Scorpion or Menace w\ Sinister

Depends on your willingness to buy a menace weapon or to waste your mats to craft it

ML8~ML10 => Mukas = Desert Scorpion or Menace w\ Destruction

There would be other and better farming spots, but players prefer mukas due to the nearby merchants

ML11~ML13+ => Mukas = Desert Storm or Joser w\ Destruction

Desert Storm and Joser have a level requirement of ML11

ML14~ML19 => Osiris Mummy = Desert Storm or Joser w\ Sinister

(maybe Desert Storm w\ Earth AND a Desert Storm with Firnament for certain mobs)

ML20~ML23 => Osiris Mummy = Osiris w\ Sinister

(you'll have a hard life finding a party, if you don't have at least a +20 Sinister Osiris weapon)

ML24+ => depends on where you're able to farm.

#11 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

Menace = upgrade of Desert Scorpion gear

Joser = upgrade of Desert Storm gear

Usually, it's something like this

ML1~ML7+ => Condor = Desert Scorpion or Menace w\ Sinister

Depends on your willingness to buy a menace weapon or to waste your mats to craft it

ML8~ML10 => Mukas = Desert Scorpion or Menace w\ Destruction

There would be other and better farming spots, but players prefer mukas due to the nearby merchants

ML11~ML13+ => Mukas = Desert Storm or Joser w\ Destruction

Desert Storm and Joser have a level requirement of ML11

ML14~ML19 => Osiris Mummy = Desert Storm or Joser w\ Sinister

(maybe Desert Storm w\ Earth AND a Desert Storm with Firnament for certain mobs)

ML20~ML23 => Osiris Mummy = Osiris w\ Sinister

(you'll have a hard life finding a party, if you don't have at least a +20 Sinister Osiris weapon)

ML24+ => depends on where you're able to farm.

Technically you can start Osiris at ML11 already; depending on how well you cure you shouldn't have problems finding (and keeping) a party for a while. Osiris Runs are way faster than muka so the sooner you can start them, the better.

I use a Life Spear for the Executer room btw, so either that or Earth are a good option. But if you'll be healer, you won't worry too much about elements, and let the dps/tank take care of that. If you want to mix in some DPS, then yes, what greven said is the way to go.

If you were to start Osiris though, make sure to level up there until ML15 (or 19 if you prefer) and then you can start farming for stats / skill points at a nice pace.

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

Technically you can start Osiris at ML11 already; depending on how well you cure you shouldn't have problems finding (and keeping) a party for a while. Osiris Runs are way faster than muka so the sooner you can start them, the better.

I use a Life Spear for the Executer room btw, so either that or Earth are a good option. But if you'll be healer, you won't worry too much about elements, and let the dps/tank take care of that. If you want to mix in some DPS, then yes, what greven said is the way to go.

If you were to start Osiris though, make sure to level up there until ML15 (or 19 if you prefer) and then you can start farming for stats / skill points at a nice pace.

Although technical true, I wouldn't recommend doing Osiris at ML11.

First of all, it's not faster. Mukas are lvl60 mobs, whereas mummies are lvl67. You get less MP, the higher the level discrepancy, so Mukas would give you more MP per mob. And there are usually more mukas per 'grinding spot' then mummies, etc. in Osiris. What faku means is that there might be ML20+ characters that are really fast and you might leech a bit, but that's a gambling. So if you find a grinding party for mukas, I honestly recoommend to stay there.

#13 Cailen

Cailen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:57 AM

Although technical true, I wouldn't recommend doing Osiris at ML11.

First of all, it's not faster. Mukas are lvl60 mobs, whereas mummies are lvl67. You get less MP, the higher the level discrepancy, so Mukas would give you more MP per mob. And there are usually more mukas per 'grinding spot' then mummies, etc. in Osiris. What faku means is that there might be ML20+ characters that are really fast and you might leech a bit, but that's a gambling. So if you find a grinding party for mukas, I honestly recoommend to stay there.

False. You can test it out yourself, but grinding at Osiris at ML11 will yield more MP.

#14 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

i recall 10k per hour in muka 

while around 8k in osi unless you get people that could clear a run and go in under 5 mins 

like greven says it highly depends on your party at least until ML12/13 then Osi wins 

IMO the difference barely matters 

go where you got PT

#15 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Osiris is faster if you have a good party, even at ML 11.  Also, Osiris is easier to find a more OP party for and it doesn't take 5 mins to get to the dungeon like it is to run to Muka...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users