Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap - Page 18 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#426 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

xellie not everybody can play 16 7 that's 16 hours a day 7 days a week. we all got families and lives here. Why do you want to wreck the server more with wipes. Besides I heard that pRO is going to be send classic some people. People want to be useful not spend 3-6 months hunting just to get some gears.

And  besides I WANT A CoD Not that crap known as skull cap. That hat was prerenewal.

cuz a goal that is supposed to take a year+ on moderate playing time.... is supposed to take a year+ shouldn't be getting 5 god item parts a week from a zero econ castle just sayin'

it has nothing to do with how long you spend playing, but not flooding the server with stupidly overpowered stuff making it unpleasant.

#427 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

if anyone from pRO wanted to check out classic, they can already do it; nothing is preventing them from doing so. indeed some should already be playing on classic. if you're waiting for a whole new wave though, that probably won't happen.

#428 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

xellie maybe its because nobdy breaks castles anymore because they have no reason to break. and from what I heard most of the woe 2 castles have some econ

But as a side note I not mean god items I mean basic gear and getting to 99 without guild help.i mean why does anybody need immune you all got a few the only people buying them are new people or random person who sold when they should have kept it.

Ps. nerco more then 10-20 is a wave anymore then that and its a tidal wave. by the way people need to work to pay for this game unless you got crazy idea about paying me 10-15$ an hour to play.

Necro pls pay me 15 an hour I be happy with that. :rice:

Edited by battle, 25 March 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#429 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

xellie maybe its because nobdy breaks castles anymore because they have no reason to break. and from what I heard most of the woe 2 castles have some econ

But as a side note I not mean god items I mean basic gear and getting to 99 without guild help.i mean why does anybody need immune you all got a few the only people buying them are new people or random person who sold when they should have kept it.

Ps. nerco more then 10-20 is a wave anymore then that and its a tidal wave. by the way people need to work to pay for this game unless you got crazy idea about paying me 10-15$ an hour to play.

I said zero econ, referring to the drop rates of rare gear (now imagine that that means with high econ.... well my 100 econ gives me about the same amount of god parts as zero econ because econ is trash lmao)

normal gear/cards shouldn't be hard to get I agree.

#430 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

this looks like English but I have no idea wtf I just read here.

also, with the upcoming move of pRO accounts to Thor, odds are whatever influx Classic got from pRO players trying out the server will be temporary as they switch back to their mains to start the grind to 175.

There wouldn't have been enough time for them to make an impact in the WoE scene in Classic anyway, which seems to be the biggest issue with Classic at the moment.

#431 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:51 AM

this looks like English but I have no idea wtf I just read here.

also, with the upcoming move of pRO accounts to Thor, odds are whatever influx Classic got from pRO players trying out the server will be temporary as they switch back to their mains to start the grind to 175.

There wouldn't have been enough time for them to make an impact in the WoE scene in Classic anyway, which seems to be the biggest issue with Classic at the moment.

Um you do realize some guild got guild accounts for doing this stuff and you don't have to be perfect for woe to do stuff. But if anything we can see people leaving renewal because there guild will now suck because of all the new people, you never know.

hey could be worse last night some random novice was looking for aco job change npc south of pront when it was east north east from pront. To many people read the quest guides and not listen when people try to tell them there wrong. Maybe they should put warp npc that warps novice job 10 base 15 or less to were they need to go.

I want my 15$ a hour :heh:
 Ps. I don't expect much, if this server goes under there not any place to go because I been the other places not worth getting told you its time to reroll.

Edited by battle, 25 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#432 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

um, thor is a completely separate server from chaos. no pRO accounts are being moved directly to Chaos. not only is your claim of, "people will leave renewal b/c their guilds will suck because of all the new people" is not only incorrect, it's downright laughable as a reason for people to LEAVE a server.

classic has been clamoring for fresh blood/new players for ages; yet an influx of new players on renewal will result in established players quitting? that makes 0 sense.

also, not sure where you get the whole $15 dollars an hour for playing this game from? I'd suggest McDs, WalMart, Target, or any other local retailer if you're looking for that. I heard they've raised wages recently.

#433 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

Yep, you're right but the point is that the community of classic didn't want to wait for the server to mature naturally. They wanted everything here and now, which is why we end up with something that pans out like a 8x/8x/7x server

Grinding is part of this game, if you make it easy you lose players. It's simple as that.

xellie not everybody can play 16 7 that's 16 hours a day 7 days a week. we all got families and lives here. Why do you want to wreck the server more with wipes. Besides I heard that pRO is going to be send classic some people. People want to be useful not spend 3-6 months hunting just to get some gears.

And  besides I WANT A CoD Not that crap known as skull cap. That hat was prerenewal.

cuz a goal that is supposed to take a year+ on moderate playing time.... is supposed to take a year+ shouldn't be getting 5 god item parts a week from a zero econ castle just sayin'

it has nothing to do with how long you spend playing, but not flooding the server with stupidly overpowered stuff making it unpleasant.

"The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way"

If there is one thing RO taught me before the Kafra shop came out or mercenaries or AL3, Juperos, etc... it's that patience is a virtue. All of the players that played on Valk or started on Valkyrie server (not all of you, probably a small percentage actually) should understand there was a time when reaching level 99 took SO LONG and was such a feat that the GM's interviewed you. It's called the Hall of Honor(http://www.playragna...allofhonor.aspx) and they stopped doing it in 2009. The Warpportal team should NOT cater to every whim of players asking for such and such item here and there to make this into carebear RO. There are things i want in this game as well like CoD among other things for my own selfishness but I would rather they make the game more difficult than easier because what's the point of having everything handed to you? This is not Renewal. That being said, I'm not perfect and sometimes i have to remind myself how fortunate I am to have many of the newer things the Warpportal team has provided us on this server but again. Look at these posts in context and try to conceptualize where we are headed if we can start agreeing on more topics of a similar nature. I think we can all agree we have it way more difficult than Renewal.  :p_sick:  I also feel that we are more passionate about our server than Renewal as many of us are "hardcore" veterans. I have a full time job and Xellie doesn't play 16 7 as you are trying to portray battle. You don't think she has a family and life outside of RO? Who are you to judge?

#434 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

you mean 8 dollars I'm not that crazy because that's what they pay besides I would love being paid to pay ro.

Well I stand corrected I guess 10-20 new people would be insane. I was thinking they would merge them to chaos why waste money on new server.

#435 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

"The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without acting on annoyance/anger in a negative way"

If there is one thing RO taught me before the Kafra shop came out or mercenaries or AL3, Juperos, etc... it's that patience is a virtue. All of the players that played on Valk or started on Valkyrie server (not all of you, probably a small percentage actually) should understand there was a time when reaching level 99 took SO LONG and was such a feat that the GM's interviewed you. It's called the Hall of Honor(http://www.playragna...allofhonor.aspx) and they stopped doing it in 2009. The Warpportal team should NOT cater to every whim of players asking for such and such item here and there to make this into carebear RO. There are things i want in this game as well like CoD among other things for my own selfishness but I would rather they make the game more difficult than easier because what's the point of having everything handed to you? This is not Renewal. That being said, I'm not perfect and sometimes i have to remind myself how fortunate I am to have many of the newer things the Warpportal team has provided us on this server but again. Look at these posts in context and try to conceptualize where we are headed if we can start agreeing on more topics of a similar nature. I think we can all agree we have it way more difficult than Renewal.  :p_sick:  I also feel that we are more passionate about our server than Renewal as many of us are "hardcore" veterans. I have a full time job and Xellie doesn't play 16 7 as you are trying to portray battle. You don't think she has a family and life outside of RO? Who are you to judge?

So why you think I said she plays that much. you should realize nobody should make 100m in there first week without some major help and if you have fulltime job that means you could still play like 6 hours a day besides with your thinking jumping janeway should be removed fast because you can be 70+ in 3-4 hours with some luck. Besides nothing is as it was people are going to make fewer mistakes a second or third time doing this.

#436 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Dear pRo players, please come play on Classic where you will be crushed repeatedly by guilds that have been here since the server started. Come feel the might of our high drop rates as we smash you with our excess mvp cards and god items. You will never be able to match our god item might but come play anyway for "fun".

Why would a pRo player(or any new player) even consider playing on Classic(or even Renewal) unless they have friends here?

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#437 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

I was thinking they would merge them to chaos why waste money on new server.

a separate server allows them to address any potential issues related to migration (e.g. items that shouldn't have been moved over, exploits, w/e) without having it also impact the economy/gameplay of the current renewal server.

the new server will also have WoE times that cater to the APAC playerbase. doesn't make much sense to have them all move to Chaos, where, after they finally finish the grind to 175, they get the pleasure of WoEing at 7-9 AM Thursday and Sunday, and midnight to 1 AM on Mondays.

#438 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

So why you think I said she plays that much. you should realize nobody should make 100m in there first week without some major help and if you have fulltime job that means you could still play like 6 hours a day besides with your thinking jumping janeway should be removed fast because you can be 70+ in 3-4 hours with some luck. Besides nothing is as it was people are going to make fewer mistakes a second or third time doing this.

I play less than the people with 9-5 jobs lmao. I don't think leaving RO on overnight for 3 days and afking between picking up treasure counts as playing. Maybe I'm wrong tho.
Anyway, here's something for you to think about, what if inflation was controlled in such a way that zeny was so valuable that people wouldn't have to make 100m in their first week? What if that raydric card only cost three hours of npc loot from orc dungeon instead of thirty hours? Ofc, the server is like this because inflation is real (treasure boxes in guild loot are a huge contributor) Oh what do I know.

Valhalla is active on renewal? I have no idea what you're talking about, my renewal ties are very watery at best. I just WoE VERY rarely when I have time for smokies.... uhhh I don't often have time because I'm not a complete Ragnawarrior like people may have you believe.

As far as I know Valhalla only has maybe 1 or 2 people's alts in it... and most of them are legacy players from old chaos who don't even play...?

(my characters are in Denuo Convena, not Valhalla)

If they're doin' stuff under my guild name, do let me know cause we're not active there.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#439 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Goons? What is this, SA?

#440 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

anyways im from valhalla and i dnt like renewal because its over populated and to easy. Yes we need more players but you can stay on renewal if you would like.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#441 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

please into reading.

Your goons from YOUR guild are poaching members.  Please keep trying to play ignorant.  Its fine, we're use to it by now.

Is this kind of talk really necessary?  Go to a PM if you have this type of pointed issue.

#442 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Let's stay on the topic at hand please. 

#443 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

All of the players that played on Valk or started on Valkyrie server (not all of you, probably a small percentage actually) should understand there was a time when reaching level 99 took SO LONG and was such a feat that the GM's interviewed you. It's called the Hall of Honor(http://www.playragna...allofhonor.aspx) and they stopped doing it in 2009. The Warpportal team should NOT cater to every whim of players asking for such and such item here and there to make this into carebear RO. There are things i want in this game as well like CoD among other things for my own selfishness but I would rather they make the game more difficult than easier because what's the point of having everything handed to you?

Because we're not teenagers anymore and we have lives now. Unless what others want is keeping you from taking 3 years to 99 your characters, it isn't your problem. I'm not going to tell you to play the game my way, and you don't need to be telling anyone to play the game your way either.

So iro Classic is not a game you would have liked to play back when 99 was "cool", big deal. 

I have a full time job and Xellie doesn't play 16 7 as you are trying to portray battle. You don't think she has a family and life outside of RO? Who are you to judge?

Like I said, we're older now and so is iro. If you were being honest about what you really wanted, you wouldn't be asking or expecting others to 'sacrifice' anything. Don't expect any 'thanks' for your "sacrifices" either, because no one needs them.

#444 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

Because we're not teenagers anymore and we have lives now. Unless what others want is keeping you from taking 3 years to 99 your characters, it isn't your problem. I'm not going to tell you to play the game my way, and you don't need to be telling anyone to play the game your way either.

So iro Classic is not a game you would have liked to play back when 99 was "cool", big deal. 

Like I said, we're older now and so is iro. If you were being honest about what you really wanted, you wouldn't be asking or expecting others to 'sacrifice' anything. Don't expect any 'thanks' for your "sacrifices" either, because no one needs them.

You seem to misunderstand his point, and that of others.

some parts of the game are meant to be "achievements" - if you can do it in 10 mins and he can spend 3 years on it, that doesn't really make it an accomplishment.

Here's a question for you... it's a game, so what's the rush?

I'll point that at god items, I plan them out on them taking ~3 months each... sometimes longer just on creation alone. What's wrong with that? Why does everything have to be done "now"?

Cause that's why people complain about all Valhalla's items. But let me tell you we play less than people accuse us of. We just spread work, it's not a hard concept.

So what's better? Taking it slow or clogging the server with stuff people complain about and refuse to play because of?

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2015 - 04:15 AM.

#445 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:26 AM

You seem to misunderstand his point, and that of others.

some parts of the game are meant to be "achievements" - if you can do it in 10 mins and he can spend 3 years on it, that doesn't really make it an accomplishment.

Here's a question for you... it's a game, so what's the rush?

I'll point that at god items, I plan them out on them taking ~3 months each... sometimes longer just on creation alone. What's wrong with that? Why does everything have to be done "now"?

Cause that's why people complain about all Valhalla's items. But let me tell you we play less than people accuse us of. We just spread work, it's not a hard concept.

So what's better? Taking it slow or clogging the server with stuff people complain about and refuse to play because of?

People and gamers change, take a look at MOBAs and consider just why they've become the single most popular online gaming genre, even going as far as to fully pioneer the "e-sports" industry that not even strategy and fighting games could.

MOBAs place players on equal footing regardless of their prior time investment in the game, everything can be achieved within the span of 20~40 minutes to reach endgame instead of taking months or years, all that matters is individual skill and expertise (and not having a toaster for a computer, but that's beside the point).

I don't play Classic, but reading through most of the arguments going on around the Classic threads, it seems that most of the people involved want a MOBA-like WoE-oriented server experience in Classic Loki where long-term investments like Gods/MVPs/ultra-rares don't exist, everyone is placed on equal footing as far as gameplay mechanics with minimal time investment if any, and one's performance is decided solely by their in-game playing expertise and skill rather than by what they can access in terms of gear and characters.

I won't say this is a bad thing, despite that it does fly in the face of RO being an MMORPG and not a MOBA. Consider what the people playing on and/or arguing about Classic want, rather than placing too much emphasis that RO is an MMORPG; if Classic players actually want a MOBA-like RO, perhaps that's where the server should go.

#446 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

Then create MOBA content, cuz we all knew this was an mmorpg server when we signed up, did we not?

I'm not against it btw, I love stuff like usrc, but, RO is way more than that and a lot of people feel the same. You will find there are people who play RO because it has longterm big goals etc.

So rather than change the whole game to be like that, why not find a way to create that content? Everyone wins then.

Also MOBAro tends to be dominated by cheats, not to get into it too far, but......... that style of play is really toxic in those ways. You'll find those players bring over XYZ program from server ABC and it's normal and accepted in the wider community leading to a huge amount of haves/havenots.

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#447 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

If people want a MOBA they should go play a MOBA, or WP needs to open up a dedicated Pre-Renewal RWC-style server for us to mess around on.

There's no way in hell I or many other people would condone this server being turned into an infinite supply BG/WoE playground.

#448 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:34 AM

I've no interest where Classic goes, I truly don't play it and thus couldn't care less; close it down for all I care. =P

I'm just saying that with all this talk of "WoE is hard to get into", "MVPs/gods are hoarded", "veteran players have an advantage", "give free stun and freeze immunity to newbies", and etc., I'm getting the impression that perhaps Classic players want something closer to MOBAs rather than MMOs.

#449 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

I've no interest where Classic goes, I truly don't play it and thus couldn't care less; close it down for all I care. =P

I'm just saying that with all this talk of "WoE is hard to get into", "MVPs/gods are hoarded", "veteran players have an advantage", "give free stun and freeze immunity to newbies", and etc., I'm getting the impression that perhaps Classic players want something closer to MOBAs rather than MMOs.

Then I thank you for your opinion and rather pointed posts and upvotes in the past, but if you have no interest here it makes me wonder what would either give you interest or why you read this section.

Nothing personal! I'm just curious as to what your actual knowledge of the WoE scene is like in order for you to make any judgement or identify with players who are claiming items/numbers.

The best thing for WoE would probably be for the following to happen

• vh to divide in 2 (not happening since they will ally against any one of our components and stalk them, as proven last week)
  • all alliances to be broken.
  • that way the new competition would fight against eachother first.
  • Just saying also in WoE 2, nobody says the whole server has to fight against us. We don't have a monopoly on any item. They could go away and do anything else that was beneficial to themselves, and fight eachother. But instead they choose to be outnumbered 15:1 (my ~31 players vs their 7+10+10) and complain about my earned items afterward. My giant "advantage" is that they do the same thing every time. Approach from the same side using the same tactics recalling in the same place. My items don't make their champs stun, or die to bomb. That is not my problem!

tldr; problem is self-inflicted on the veterans. Newbies would fight eachother, not us. I'm not going to step aside if they're in the castle I need to finish one item, unless I need other things. I do step aside if it's just "another extra castle for the sake of it). Infact, new guilds shouldn't have an issue with fighting my deathball, since we won't cross paths often.

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#450 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

We need that list of items already.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users